PREVIEW: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!! - Page 17

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 357
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

  1. #241
    Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town, Unova
    Posts
    3,006
    Blog Entries
    9
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    I'd really like to see Langley win this one. When I think about the long term outcome of this tournament (as far as these two are concerned, anyway) I think that Langley would put up a more entertaining fight against Adeku than Iris would, both with her Pokemon team and their interactions. Iris and her Kairyu haven't had much time to bond at all. The plot with a Pokemon disobeying her as already been done, otherwise I'd say I'd like to see that in this battle.

    I really hope they manage to make these episodes better than the Don Battle arcs, at least. More character interactions, yes plz

  2. #242
    I love Ash. Ashfangirl22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,403

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    Yah, the one thing that made the Don battle arcs good was the interactions between the characters. I just hope they do Ash and Trips rivalry and interactions better this time. I'm also really rooting for Langley to win this, the Drgonite in the promos look hurt so maybe shey'll learn powerful does not = win all the time. She needs to train the Pokemon she has to be better, some one of the pros tell her that please.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

  3. #243
    Registered User Cinderfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    I guess there's no need anymore to speculate who won the fight, since according to recent information Iris will be facing Dawn so obviously she beats Georgia.

    Funny, Georgia once quoted in the dub: "Let's just see what kind of battle fiasco Iris will put on now"

    All I can say is: QFT.... Quote for Fucking Truth...

  4. #244
    Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kentucky. The boonies.
    Posts
    1,224
    Blog Entries
    29

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    So even though Dragonite is pretty much the new Charizard, it doesn't really matter because Iris is winning this battle anyway. Sure, sure, Ash won with Charizard sometimes before the two saw eye-to-eye, but nothing that he didn't deserve as I recall. Plus he had actual time to interact with Charizard, not one whole episode like Iris here before this tournament. There were steps taken to gradually gain Charizard's trust.

    Here, this is being thrown out the window. And no, Iris being a sidekick is no excuse for poor development and storytelling. I'm not saying this won't eventually bite Iris in the ass one of these days (but I won't be surprised if it doesn't), but if Dragonite is characterized as being difficult control because it's battle-crazed in her battle with Dawn, then obviously it's gonna be the same way here in her battle with Georgia.

    But despite that and the overwhelming type disadvantage (which she gets again with Dawn... wouldn't it be just lovely if Iris faced ONLY Ice-types this tourney?), Iris presently suffers no real consequence AND gets to beat her rival, WITH A DRAGON this time.

    This is bullshit prime right here.

    Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

  5. #245
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    I am really starting to think both Georgia and Burungly were nothing more than useless battle fodder. What a waste of potentially good rivals.

  6. #246
    Valuan Admiral Alfonso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    295

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    Correct me if I'm wrong (I may have misunderstood.) but it seems that Iris is facing Dawn in the next round, meaning that she wins this battle. Isn't Dragonite also supposed to be similar to Charizard in that it disobeys her? So not only does Georgia have a huge type advantage, has more experience with her Beartic, but she's also facing a trainer with a newly caught (Or newly obtained, one of the two.) Pokemon that doesn't follow orders. Yet she loses?

    It sounds like she's going to look like an utter chump. Time will tell I guess, but it doesn't look promising.
    djulienr likes this.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

  7. #247
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    First question:

    Why?


    Second question:

    How?

    I don't even have words right now. I mean, I don't doubt that the Dragonite is legit stronger than a lot of the other pokemon, so I don't think that the win is unrealistic in any sense...

    But damn, I SURE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE CAUGHT A PSEUDO LEGENDARY FULLY EVOLVED RIGHT BEFORE MY TOURNAMENT!!!!1124332421

    Like I've said before, it's the timing that bothers me the most. We'll just have to see how the episode plays out to answer my two questions. Maybe it won't be as bad as it seems...(and maybe I'm lying to myself to prevent getting a ruptured vein XP)
    Shinneth, djulienr, Duque and 2 others like this.

    "seasons change, people change"

  8. #248
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong (I may have misunderstood.) but it seems that Iris is facing Dawn in the next round, meaning that she wins this battle. Isn't Dragonite also supposed to be similar to Charizard in that it disobeys her? So not only does Georgia have a huge type advantage, has more experience with her Beartic, but she's also facing a trainer with a newly caught (Or newly obtained, one of the two.) Pokemon that doesn't follow orders. Yet she loses?

    It sounds like she's going to look like an utter chump. Time will tell I guess, but it doesn't look promising.
    Charizard won Ash battles without obeying him. If Dragonite just charges into battle it'll probably win no matter what Iris says.

  9. #249
    Psycho Tsutarja fans Mareepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere on Earth
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    The news from Pokefan says Dragonite trusts his/her battle instincts more than Iris's order.......
    So, the only thing I can say is Dragonite fight on his/her own and wins the battle, ignoring Iris.
    So, Iris did not actually won... but Dragonite won.
    Duque, Aeon and martianmister like this.

  10. #250
    Valuan Admiral Alfonso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    295

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Charizard won Ash battles without obeying him. If Dragonite just charges into battle it'll probably win no matter what Iris says.
    Yes, but here we're talking about an opponent who is using a Pokemon with a huge type advantage and who specialises in defeating Dragon type Pokemon. The only thing we can hope for is that it's a very close battle, otherwise Georgia is going to look like an utter chump.
    I stream Pokémon episodes and movies at least once a week, follow @PKMNProfessor on Twitter to receive updates on when I'm streaming! (I also tweet any interesting Pokemon based news stories, facts and what I'm currently doing in-game.)

  11. #251
    Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kentucky. The boonies.
    Posts
    1,224
    Blog Entries
    29

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    So, Iris did not actually won... but Dragonite won.
    You can say the exact same thing for Iris' Axew vs Luke's Golett from the first Don Battle. That was literally a battle Iris would have lost if Axew hadn't pulled a super-powerful move out of its ass, that she did not call for, and was pretty much letting Axew go on autopilot after that.

    But that was treated like a legitimate win in the show that Iris (nor anyone else) didn't have to question the details of.

    I suspect this battle will get the same treatment in the end.

    Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

  12. #252
    Psycho Tsutarja fans Mareepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere on Earth
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    So, Iris did not actually won... but Dragonite won.
    You can say the exact same thing for Iris' Axew vs Luke's Golett from the first Don Battle. That was literally a battle Iris would have lost if Axew hadn't pulled a super-powerful move out of its ass, that she did not call for, and was pretty much letting Axew go on autopilot after that.

    But that was treated like a legitimate win in the show that Iris (nor anyone else) didn't have to question the details of.

    I suspect this battle will get the same treatment in the end.
    I take miracle as the Trainer won, as long as the miracle pull off because of the trainer. I remembering Iris shouting out to Kibago, and in return Kibago learned Outrage... So I take it more as miracle.

    For Dragonite, its no miracle that it won because he/she is experienced on its own, not that Iris pull off a miracle and won, which means Iris did not do anything at all, not even successful being a cheerleader in this battle, but a bad trainer overall.

  13. #253
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,787

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    The news from Pokefan says Dragonite trusts his/her battle instincts more than Iris's order.......
    So, the only thing I can say is Dragonite fight on his/her own and wins the battle, ignoring Iris.
    So, Iris did not actually won... but Dragonite won.
    That makes no sense but yet it does at the same time. I'm glad that dragonite does atleast have problems so that it can get solved.

  14. #254
    Psycho Tsutarja fans Mareepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere on Earth
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    The news from Pokefan says Dragonite trusts his/her battle instincts more than Iris's order.......
    So, the only thing I can say is Dragonite fight on his/her own and wins the battle, ignoring Iris.
    So, Iris did not actually won... but Dragonite won.
    That makes no sense but yet it does at the same time. I'm glad that dragonite does atleast have problems so that it can get solved.
    What I mean is Iris have actually nothing to claim over her victory to Langley. Since she did nothing through out the battle (or she may be shouting out orders just to be ignored by Dragonite)
    Yoshi-san and Caseydia like this.

  15. #255
    mientes Aestivate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,054
    Blog Entries
    1

    Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

    Woooooooooooow. Whatever. In this case Langley is way much more the sympathetic character (I mean, even moreso than usual!), because apparently Tsunbear will get its shit wrecked. I'd rather see HER response to this loss and see how SHE'LL cope. She's been wrecked by dragons before, and now she's going to be wrecked by one that doesn't even listen to its trainer. I want to see how she'll grow. Fuck Iris and her magic plot armor, I could really care less.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •