PREVIEW: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!! - Page 16

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

Where the picture is from has nothing to do with the episode. Let's stick to the tournament please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Keith View Post
    Would anyobdy call Cilan a Gary Stu if he got a Dragonite? No, because he is a bishonen, with sparkles and an army of catchphrase variants.
    Not this crap again. The point is they're not giving him one, Ash, or Georgia any Pokemon that are typically portrayed as extremely powerful prior to a tournament. Ash is using the Pokemon he's trained up till now, Cilan, Georgia, and Trip are all following suit. What is Iris doing? Using a Dragonite that was received at the most convenient time to potentially justify her getting far in this tournament. Have they ever given Ash such luxury? No.

Before you make the case for Dawn, "Oh, she got Togekiss, blah, blah, blah." Togekiss was never portrayed in the same light as Dragonite. In fact I don't even think it really had an appearance up till that point. They're not comparable on the power scale. If they gave Ash a Tyranitar, or a Metagross an episode before a big tournament it would still be terrible writing.

Blog Entries

Iris catching a Dragonite has nothing to do with this episode either. Nor the hypothetical situation of another character catching a powerful Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Iris catching a Dragonite has nothing to do with this episode either. Nor the hypothetical situation of another character catching a powerful Pokemon.
    But her capturing it still potentially will affect how she does in this tournament. I don't really see the issue with making comparisons.
    Last edited by Masurao; 9th July 2012 at 01:51 PM.
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

Does Iris capture a Dragonite in this episode? No. So please use the BW089 thread if you guys wish to discuss your feelings on that. This episode is only for the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    That picture is clearly from the episode when she bonds/captures or w/e with Dragonite.
    Oh, I see, my bad then :P

But I still hope Iris quit the tournament in the same way I said. And maybe try to heal up Dragonite for the some reason, she can actually quit the tournament to find cure for whatever sickness it has and it can actually help in her target to become a Dragon Master.
    And it's time for Ash to shine in a tournament as he lose enough in Gen 5 already.
    Caseydia and Ashfangirl22 like this.

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

My money's on Iris.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    But I still hope Iris quit the tournament in the same way I said. And maybe try to heal up Dragonite for the some reason, she can actually quit the tournament to find cure for whatever sickness it has and it can actually help in her target to become a Dragon Master.
    Yeah, I think every time we've thought there would be something deeper and some untold development coming from the questionable moves the production took, we make a thousand scenarii about how it will all make sense and it won't be as bad as it sounds, but then the episode airs, and yeah... it actually was as bad as it sounded. I don't think Kairyu will be sick, injured, disobedient, weak or anything that would make Iris look bad. I don't think there's some deep reason why the writers are doing this seemingly bad moves to make Iris learn and grow and struggle and finally get some development. Shaga isn't gonna come down from the sky to tell her how bad she is and take Kairyu away from her.

I think this is going to be exactly what it says on the can: Tsunbear v Kairyu, both healthy and powerful, most likely with Iris winning in a commanding performance. Yeah, Tsunbear could win cause it's an Ice Type and dragon types are weak to ice, but Kairyu packs flamethrower so I don't really see this as being really uneven odds for Iris.

All I can say is, I'm team Hikari and Bel for this tournament (and Cabernet if she's in this), cause yeah... Also, I hope that if Dent's Maggyo gets a win and that if he has a new pokémon, it can look good in here too. :) Also, it's weird, the last two tournaments we had oodles of scans, but this time around, next to nothing. Though, I'm kinda enjoying not knowing what's going to happen, I wish we at least knew who's in and have some matchups to speculate.

im guessing that iris will probebly capture dragonite, considering axew is the only dragon pokemon on her team. but what i don't get is since when did all the old pokemon return? i thought unova was only full of generation v pokemon. could someone answer this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoDragonX View Post
    im guessing that iris will probebly capture dragonite, considering axew is the only dragon pokemon on her team. but what i don't get is since when did all the old pokemon return? i thought unova was only full of generation v pokemon. could someone answer this?
    Well, they went to East Unova in Best Wishes! Season 2, and in that part of Unova there also exist Pokémon from other regions. :)
    djulienr likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

The least the writers can do to make this episode a lot more interesting and meaningful is if they have Iris only choose Dragonite after being taunted and tempted to by Georgia herself.

I really want them to put Georgia to good use here. Have her talk down to Iris about her skills and their rivalry and how much work she should be putting into them.

Georgia belittling Iris' talents as a Dragon Master right before she is about to send out Axew/Excadrill, which in turn would cause Iris to send out Dragonite out of frustration and to prove her wrong, while having it backfire on Iris is a whole lot better than having Iris and Dragonite completely in sync and making this a fair battle against Georgia. Honestly then what's the point of this whole rivalry, to make Iris look good.

Lol, is this season even about Ash anymore? I've noticed ever since we've gotten whim of Iris' Champion status for the Black and White 2 games, it seems as if Best Wishes 2 is just to make Iris look good.

Think about it:
    -Iris battles Champion
    -Iris' Axew learns a new move
    -Iris bonds with past main girl and gets whim of other region pokemon
    -Iris gets a Stage 3 Dragon
    -Iris gets the first battle in the Junior Cup
    -Iris gets to battle her rival in the opening match at that

And Ash:
    Ash's Miju learns Hydro Pump
    Ash sees Dawn again

So yeah...but the part inside me that still likes Iris to an extent personality wise and design wise, is hoping that her battle side is spared in this episode from being a total waste of screentime.

Oh and in terms of who I'd like to see take the Cup home and what not...well...I...don't...know. Kenyan and Trip being out in the First round would make me extremely happy. Dawn or Bel should take out Stephan and I'd be so happy for Cabarnet to take out Trip. Trip vs Kenyan would make me happy so at least one of them can get out in the first round.

So besides Iris vs Langley this episode, I hope this is the elimination of Trip and/or Kenyan as well. With my luck though, it probably won't be.

Oh and poor Dawn, she is seriously been given shit treatment so far. Here's hoping that Buneary/Quilava evolve and/or get some decent battle screentime this tourney to make Dawn's cameo not a complete waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I don't see Iris losing the very first battle in the tournament. If it wasn't the very first battle then maybe but it's too early to see Iris totally fail.
    I won't be so sure. I would like a lost from Iris's end so that the rivalry between Georgia and Iris doesn't end so quickly. I would like to see more of a closure than to be in a Don battle training for no tournament unlike what Ash is doing. Besides, it would be nice to see Goergia's dragon buster technics to show that she is what she says she is. There is always more time in Oplucid(excuse spelling) city for her to get revenge.
    martianmister likes this.

Iris loosing to Georgia would be nice, she hasn't really lost much in the series and her loosing to her rival in the tournament like this of all places might give her a wake up call, now of all times Georgia should scolled her of how shes doing things with her Dragon Pokemon.
    martianmister likes this.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Georgia wins this, I think she should get farther than the second round this time. If Burgundy is here as well, then she should definitely get past the first round. The writers have screwed her over enough in this saga already.
    Cinderfella and Shinneth like this.

Blog Entries

This is the first time I'm rooting for Iris' opponent. I really hope Georgia wins and the Excadrill storyline can happen again with Dragonite. Only this time let Dragonite stay in his pokeball forever.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)