PREVIEW: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!! - Page 14

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

And the over-glorification of Iris' character continues! The anime producers really should stop making her so powerful. I honestly stopped caring for Iris' development ater the Don Battle, so it's really amusing to see the writers screw up what would have been a truly amazing character. Well, at least there's always Satoshi and Dent...

I wonder if all of the "Iris getting a Kairyu" hatred would be lessened if she got a Miniryuu or Hakuryuu instead?

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Correct me if im wrong but, didn't Iris already upstage Ash in the worst possible way back at the Don Battle Tournament finals? Anywho im just gonna wait and see what happens before making any further comments. Though i had wish Iris got a Hydreigon instead due to being a Unova-native Pokemon.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Blog Entries

This tournament is Ash's supposed "last test" before the league, as he put it in the first episode of "Season 2". So just as he's gathering his strength for the league, what purpose does it serve to give Iris a Pokemon potentially much stronger than the Pokemon he's trained up till now? I'd understand it if she was his actual rival of sorts, but she's not...so what's the deal? They're not going to face off in the league.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

djulienr likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its probably a different Magnemite.

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know that it's a bit off topic, but maybe it was the trouble stirrer in BW089 and someone caught it a-la-Muk

In that pic it looks like Iris got beaten :D
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

The tournament begins, and if Dragonite really does belong to Iris, and the writers just HAPPEN to pair up Iris with Georgia...

That's not just bad writing, that's taking a still-developing character too far, just like they did with Dawn when they gave her a Togekiss, Ash worked to get where he was, and Iris just gets it handed to her on a silver platter with no effort put into it whatsoever, not to mention that right off, she is matched up with Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by MizuTaipu View Post
    And the over-glorification of Iris' character continues! The anime producers really should stop making her so powerful. I honestly stopped caring for Iris' development ater the Don Battle, so it's really amusing to see the writers screw up what would have been a truly amazing character. Well, at least there's always Satoshi and Dent...

I wonder if all of the "Iris getting a Kairyu" hatred would be lessened if she got a Miniryuu or Hakuryuu instead?
    I agree, the writers seem to be making Iris a borderline god-mode sue that makes her near invincible, while Ash and Cilan are basically wimps in comparison.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eh Dragonite is honestly overrated pokemon imo. People act like he is some unbeatable Arceus level pokemon, but he really isn't. Dragonite can be very vulnerable(especially to ice attacks) and Ash has variety of pokemon in his arsenal which could hold their ground against it. Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape or Snorlax comes to mind. May Blaziken or Misty Gyarados could give him run for its money too.

Im bedazzled and suspicious just like most in here are about Iris receiving Dragonite, and it really did come of un expected and undeserved way. But im going to wait until we actually see under what circumstances Iris received Dragonite and if it was his decision to come along with her, before i pick up pitch and forks going on bandwagon.

I for sure don't think she will breeze through Junior tournament winning all battles left and right. And hopefully writers will use Dragonite as plot device at very least for Iris development in future making capture holding purpose, meaning behind it. If Dragonite indeed ignores Iris or has some personality issues like Ash Charizard did it would be interesting to see Iris reliance on fully evolved pokemon backfiring on her resulting in loss in tournament and Drayden disappointment.

Which would make sense too, because by now he would have expected from her that Axew at least evolved to Fraxture being stronger and experienced at this point, with incapability to handle bigger dragon types properly leaving bad impression on him bringing in question her familiarity with dragon types.
    This would also somehow explain Iris being nervous of meting Drayden again, being possibly afraid of not living up to his expectations and trying hard enough to become recognized dragon master one day.

If writers pull of this type of scenery i will be somewhat pleased, and i hope Axew wont be overshadowed with more effort being put in little guy development.
    matt0044 likes this.

Blog Entries

An image was recently released for this episode. You can check it out on BNN. It shows Dragonite on one knee, looking like its in pain. My judgement of the image could be wrong, but it looks like Dragonite may not be such a hotshot after all, which gives me hope. But still, I worry that this image may not be exactly what it appears to be. A picture is worth a thousand words, but, in this case, those words may need some translating. However, if this image does give the right impression, then maybe, just maybe, Iris and Dragonite will be short-lived. Hopefully, just like Pokemon Fan 132 said, if Drayden is involved, and Iris fails miserably, it will make him question her ability to use and understand Dragon-type Pokemon properly. Maybe this will be the thing needed to finally tell Iris that shortcuts in the Pokemon world don't ensure victory. She's taking a shortcut in catching a powerful Pokemon just before a tournament, then using it to square off with her rival, Georgia.

Hopefully, not only will Georgia finally get to trounce a "big dragon", but it will knock some sense into Iris, snapping her to reality, and maybe make her realize she's not such a super-experienced Trainer who has the right to criticize another due to his personality quirks. Hopefully, if that happens, Drayden will take Dragonite away, only allowing her to have it back, if at all, if she finally accepts that she's not the hotshot dragon master she thinks she is, and learns to reevaluate her training with Axew. Seeing how Axew may never evolve, it may prove that Iris is not this prodigy the Dragon Village once saw. It seems that all those victories went right to her head, and if Georgia destroys her, then maybe it will give Iris the slap of reality she needs to de-glorify her character, bringing her to a realistic level.

But... it's just one image. We'll know for sure when the episode airs. But I have hope now that this "partnership" will be as short-lived as a housefly's life.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

I thought that image with Kairyu was shown before...

Let's hope it means what we want it to mean. At the very least, make Iris lose after the 2nd or 3rd battle with that Pokémon. Even though many/most of us have already given up on any actual development on Iris' part, I still have that glimpse of a hope that Kairyu will be responsible for the turning point in Iris' story arc and probably even face a depression period similar to Hikari's. Meh, not very likely. Unlike Shootie, Iris should take such a defeat more to the heart, and we could see changes in how she "trains" with her Pokémon (which we have seen little of).

Don't put too much hope on that pic, don't put too much hope on that pic.

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

The more I think about it, the more this battle actually seems very evenly matched. Georgia might have the x4 type advantage, but Iris has a pure heart, mind and soul DEM bullshittery powers - it could go either way.

But what's really making me hope the scales will tip in Georgia's favour is that I doubt this is the final battle between the two rivals. (I imagine Axew would be more involved if it was) Just for once, I'm hoping they're saving Iris' victory over Georgia until then. Iris can have her triumph later, right now I want to see her knocked down a few pegs. Badly.

Then again, this is Iris we're talking about...
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Who is this git?

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    An image was recently released for this episode. You can check it out on BNN. It shows Dragonite on one knee, looking like its in pain. My judgement of the image could be wrong, but it looks like Dragonite may not be such a hotshot after all, which gives me hope. But still, I worry that this image may not be exactly what it appears to be. A picture is worth a thousand words, but, in this case, those words may need some translating. However, if this image does give the right impression, then maybe, just maybe, Iris and Dragonite will be short-lived. Hopefully, just like Pokemon Fan 132 said, if Drayden is involved, and Iris fails miserably, it will make him question her ability to use and understand Dragon-type Pokemon properly. Maybe this will be the thing needed to finally tell Iris that shortcuts in the Pokemon world don't ensure victory. She's taking a shortcut in catching a powerful Pokemon just before a tournament, then using it to square off with her rival, Georgia.
    Maybe that might cause her to lose confidence in herself like Dawn did before. That could a usable post-WTJC plot and might lead to some nice Dawn/Iris interactions, with Dawn understanding how it feels to lose in a first round and all.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries

I dunno, but to me it looks like that image fits better to episode before this, when Iris actually catches Dragonite. Still the date for the episode seems to be correct. :/
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Are the writers trying to make Iris powerful because of her position in the BW2 games? I'm really disliking how the writers are handling Iris' character. Its really hard being a fan of Iris.
    martianmister and Hidden Mew like this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Funnily enough over at Serebii most people love the idea of Iris getting Dragonite.

Just goes to show you how different opinions are based on what Pokemon forum you're visiting.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)