PREVIEW: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!! - Page 12

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

We could go on complaining forever about whether it's justified that Iris is going to get a Dragonite more or less for free without really deserving it (and I agree that it's a prime example of bad storytelling) but as Cynthia's fan I'm much more interested in what happened to the exhibition match.
    I guess it's safe to assume that Cynthia will "only" be taking part in said match but not in the Junior Cup, right? But then I can't help but wonder why the translation of the summary says "instead of the exhibition match..." I mean we already saw footage of it so what's the point of postponing it when exhibition matches are usually supposed to start off a tournament? The writers better not mess up the match I've been so looking forward to...
    Or was the translation just wrong?
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

It probably was the translation but i couldn't care less since we all know who'll win exhibition match but something i've notice is that previous battle tournament eps features more than just the titular battle maybe we'll also see Ash vs Shooty in this ep as well.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's official: Iris' storyline is done; she is already a Dragon Master. She might as well just ditch Axew, because Dragonite defeats the purpose of training and bonding with him.

But before I explode from making a long rant about Iris, allow me to drop the discussion about her.

Even though Georgia was not in the opening, I'm not surprised to see her in the Junior Cup. I'll bet she'll be excited to finally see Iris use a dragon in a tournament she's been nagging her about at the last one. It would be terrific if she beat Iris in the battle round, giving Iris her deserved, long-overdue punishment to bring her to reality, and out of her fantasy world where she can slide through all her problems without any struggle, but I have a feeling Iris will be the one doing the beating.

There I go again, discussing Iris. I'm going to stop here now.
    Last edited by Trainer Gabriel; 7th July 2012 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reivaxe View Post
    I would be amazed at the storm that would follow the reveal that Iris actually has her full BW2 team in the anime but decided to pull a Ash and start fresh.
    It is confirmed that her hometown, the Dragon Village, is in another region in the games. But in the anime she received Axew from the village elder for the purpose of becoming a Dragon Master, so it wouldn't make sense if she turned out to have previously trained another dragon.
    If Iris is showing us anything with this Dragonite Capture it's that she doesn't need to raise or train a strong dragon in-order to get it to be her's. And who knows, maybe Axew are a tradition in her home town.

Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tsunbear!!

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    I could see Iris losing here with her first battle with the Dragonite.
    Me toooooooo! BUT There is the Drayden story! Iris has to face Drayden! I mean she doesn't has to but that is what we all are excpecting!
    Maybe they can make it like Iris looses to Langley and than Drayden demolishes Langley! But I'm more for Drayden crashing Iris!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tsunbear!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    I could see Iris losing here with her first battle with the Dragonite.
    Me toooooooo! BUT There is the Drayden story! Iris has to face Drayden! I mean she doesn't has to but that is what we all are excpecting!
    Maybe they can make it like Iris looses to Langley and than Drayden demolishes Langley! But I'm more for Drayden crashing Iris!
    I guess Drayden could observe her lose and confront her soon.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Langley should absolutely beat Iris. Destroy, even. It would be sad if Beartic, a Pokemon that Langley has presumably been training for a while, loses to a Pokemon that Iris just caught. Dragonite might be an overpowered mess, but that's one of the reasons why I think it'd be ridiculous if Dragonite listens to Iris without any issue. It'd be yet another Charizard-esque scenario, but better that than her having an extremely powerful Pokemon like that listening to her from the get go.

Then, after Iris loses very badly, Drayden will come and take Dragonite away and she'll have to resort back to training Axew.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The fact that Iris has the very first battle of the tournament implies she'll win. I can't think of any main character who lost in the very first battle in a tournament.

Blog Entries

I'm very happy. I love Iris and even though I do love Kibago, he's not succeeding in doing Iris justice. Yeah it's unjustified and quite hard to believe but, it will be fun to watch and I'm sure Iris is capable of handling Dragonite and being a worthy trainer. Hopefully it will make people see she's actually capable.
    PKMN Trainer Faye and Reivaxe like this.

Blog Entries

I too am also glad that Iris apparently has a Dragonite in this. I love Dragonite, and seeing one in Iris' ownership (presumed ownership at least) just seems... befitting of her.

I'm especially glad that it isn't something like a Garchomp.
    Reivaxe, djulienr and HumanDawn like this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope Iris releases Dragonite, or its just temporary ownership. Perhaps she has to transport the Dragonite somewhere?

Would make more sense to me.

I'm actually glad that it's a Dragonite of all the possibilities, and not any of the other pseudos or some random powerhouse. It always felt so lame to me, a chubby, strange-mooded dragon who's depicted as an overpowered being, I find it kinda entertaining in a strange way. Iris is the first main character who I don't like or even better, I think she's lame exactly the same way as her dragon-to-be so this one seems absolutely fitting. Also, as far as I see it, this will bring Iris redemption. I mean look at her other Pokemon... even though I agree that it's undeserved and lazy n stuff, the solution on the writers' part seems logical. I would love to see another strong Poke who is hard to control, my guess is that they will lose to Beartic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The fact that Iris has the very first battle of the tournament implies she'll win. I can't think of any main character who lost in the very first battle in a tournament.
    Then this came to my mind as a second thought immediately but I still think they will make an exception here.

Not to mention this should finally trigger the long awaited Drayden connection and probably Gible's focus. Whatever the outcome is going to be, I eagerly await the next few episodes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I hope Iris releases Dragonite, or its just temporary ownership. Perhaps she has to transport the Dragonite somewhere?

Would make more sense to me.
    Why? Her goal to become a Dragon Master, she need more dragon pokemon beside axew

Listenin' to Dragons...! LightningKimba's Avatar
    Follow LightningKimba On Twitter Add LightningKimba on Facebook
    Follow LightningKimba on Tumblr Visit LightningKimba's Youtube Channel

If Iris tamed any other Dragon, would y'all be satisfied with that, or is it the fact that her receiving a mon in a way that is not a usual capture the ire? As I see it, it's her doing what she is known for in the games - Understanding the hearts of dragons. I doubt Axew is goin' to, y'know, be COMPLETELY okay with a minor shaft, but the deal is... What's wrong with her catching a Dragonite? Because it's powerful?

I doubt this is a sign of her being a champ or anything of the sort, so chill y'all, just... Hey, let her be a tamer, and watch for Georgia having a huge-arse target to bust down with her polar bear, a'ight? I'm sure this match-up'll be hype, and that no silver plattering's gonna happen.

Blog Entries

Possibly because its a very powerful Pokémon that doesn't account for her own training skills in a battling tournament? This isn't an aspiring Dragon Master tournament.

If she catches it through a battle, then it isn't as bad in my opinion, but as it stands I think its just as bad as Hikari being given a powerful Contest Pokémon just before the GF.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)