PREVIEW: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree529Likes

Thread: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Default BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

Title: BW090: ジュニアカップ開幕!カイリューVSツンベアー!!
    Translation: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!
    Airing on: August 2, 2012

There will be a break on August 9 instead.

Staff:
    Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    Screenplay: Junki Takegami
    Storyboard: Fumihiro Yoshimura
    Assistant director: Fumihiro Yoshimura
    Animation director: Takashi Shinohara
    Summary:
    Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    Finally, the "Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup" has kicked off. Instead of the conference's highlight, the exhibition match, the first round begins. Iris's Kairyu's opponent is the Tunbear that Dragon Buster Langley sent out....
    Last edited by Adyniz; 6th July 2012 at 01:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tsunbear!!

I'll be the first to shudder at what Kairyu in the title could mean.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Junior Cup already? damn that's fast.

So I guess this confirms that Kairyu is Iris's. At least I assume.

Another Tsunbear/Beartic. Two episode of its pre evolution. Wait. Tsunbear...Langley.....Oh god. OH GOD. Iris vs Langley. Calling it.

Team Black

Team White

Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Storyboard: Fumihiro Yoshimura
    Assistant director: Fumihiro Yoshimura
    Animation director: Takashi Shinohara

Blog Entries

inb4 bomb of Iris bashing

No, but seriously, I really don't like the idea of Iris getting Dragonite at all, and I must say that I was quite disappointed when I was told about it. It's just not... right. Hopefully it won't be anything that will stick with her forever, maybe it's just a temporary capture or something (please).

Now, I do not at all hate Dragonite as a Pokémon, in fact it's one of my favorites, although seeing Iris getting such a powerful Pokémon just like that is just the same thing as that time when Dawn received Togekiss. I'll be praying for Dragonite to at least have an interesting personality, and for it to not steal away focus from Axew. I've gotten the feeling that Iris has finally began to take Axew's training more seriously, and I really hope that this capture won't be the end of all that training.

Hm, I believe that I'll wait until the episode has actually aired before I make any stupid conclusions.

Now then, on the bright side, Langley might actually be in this tournament after all? Awesome! I was feeling really down when I didn't see her (or Burgundy) in the opening, but I guess they were only focusing on Ash's rivals in it? No matter, seeing her again might mean that Burgundy returns too, so I won't complain. Although seeing either her or Iris going out in the first round, in the first battle, really isn't an idea that I'm fond of. :/
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Yes, the summary says that Dragonite belongs to Iris while Beartic is of course Georgia's.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Finally, the "Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup" has kicked off. Instead of the conference's highlight, the exhibition match, the first round begins. Iris's Kairyu's opponent is the Tunbear that Dragon Buster Langley sent out....
    Summary!

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post

No, but seriously, I really don't like the idea of Iris getting Dragonite at all, and I must say that I was quite disappointed when I was told about it. It's just not... right. Hopefully it won't be anything that will stick with her forever, maybe it's just a temporary capture or something (please).

Now, I do not at all hate Dragonite as a Pokémon, in fact it's one of my favorites, although seeing Iris getting such a powerful Pokémon just like that is just the same thing as that time when Dawn received Togekiss. I'll be praying for Dragonite to at least have an interesting personality, and for it to not steal away focus from Axew. I've gotten the feeling that Iris has finally began to take Axew's training more seriously, and I really hope that this capture won't be the end of all that training.
    Agreeing with this SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I don't know whether I should be excited or worried :/ WHERE THE FUCK IS IRIS' MONOZU?! UGH! IT'S TOGEKISS AND MAMOSWINE ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!

I really really really hope this is a temporary thing! Maybe Iris takes Kairyu with her in order to return it to its family or connect with its heart better or something? God, I hope this is temporary. THE LAST THING WE NEED IS A FUCKING KAIRYU STEALING AWAY KIBAGO'S SCREEN TIME!! Ononokusu should be Iris', Kibago should be facing off against Tsunbear! But, here we have KAIRYU doing that!! Ugh! I really do not like seeing Kairyu being captured, I hope it's just an extreme extreme "Lapras" situation or "Nyasu" thing. Here we have Kibago facing off against Shirona for training and the writers give him the middle-finger. I like Kairyu, but hot diggity-damn.

Kairyu probably is gonna end up getting its shit wrecked by doubly super effective Tsunbear, Langley said she wants to "bust" Dragons. There's one right there. Of course that would mean Kibago not getting a win at the WT ;________;

Kibago or Doryuuzu should be fighting Tsunbear. :/

EDIT:Wait......Kairyu...is just Iris' partner? :/
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 6th July 2012 at 08:30 AM.
    Chiplet likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post

One of the reasons why I am disappointed. It's not that I don't like Iris but the writers are being unbelievably unfair. And yeah, it is 'Togekiss' all over again. D8

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Summary!
    so there's no Exhibition match?

Title: BW090: ジュニアカップ開幕!カイリューVSツンベアー!!
    Translation: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tsunbear!!
    And we all know that Junki Takegami can't write battles for s***... That, and the fact that Iris catches a Dragonite one episode prior to the tournament, which is worse than Dawn's Togekiss, who at least got a training session and didn't win the GF trophy for Dawn in its first battle.

Goodness me, where are the glory days of Sinnoh, when Atsuhiro Tomioka was charged with almost all the important stuff (heck, he wrote all the Wallace Cup episodes!) and was an ACTUAL head writer of the series!? Yeah, not getting my hopes up for this episode. I would accept if Shinzo Fujita wrote this one, as his battles are usually good as well, but as it stands... my expectations are at minimum. The only thing he can succeed is the character interactions and a bit of story.

Let's see how long this tournament will last... around 3-5 episodes, I guess?
    Last edited by ivantuga2; 6th July 2012 at 08:35 AM.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Summary!
    so there's no Exhibition match?
    Apparently not, with the first round starting straight away instead.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ugh, did I jinx it?

*does not understand the writers' thought processes*

Like, is this a thing now? Where the main female gets a fully-evolved powerful Pokemon right before a major tournament? I wonder what jacked up reasoning they'll give for Iris obtaining Dragonite. Maybe Iris and Dawn will bond over the fact that they both caught strong Pokemon before participating in something like this. And shouldn't she at least TRAIN the thing before using it in this tournament? Come on, writers, you've got to get your shit together.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Yes, the summary says that Dragonite belongs to Iris while Beartic is of course Georgia's.
    I can't describe in words the ball of rage at this sentence. That's the end of it, I can't be positive in any way about Iris as a character (I do try not to hate her, I really do), there is no redeeming her from here - you can't hand someone struggling to be a dragon master by raising one Axew, a Dragonite. It totally ruins any chance at her achieving her goal through hard work, and yet again pegs her way above Ash and Cilan in power for no good reason.

Ash goes around and does some hard work in collecting Gym badges, yet Iris gets everything handed to her with no effort whatsoever. It's not like it is going to be like Charizard, Iris has that glowy bond thing with it, and if it's temporary, it still means that somehow Iris has the ability to command fully evolved dragons as normal, which means she's a dragon master, she can master the use of dragon Pokemon.

Adding to that, it presumably confirms this will be a one on one tournament, so does that mean Iris will go through the whole thing with Dragonite, not needing to rely on her other Pokemon. So who of Ash's Pokemon could he enter this with knowing Iris just caught a Dragonie, how could anyone else win this competition? Even Stephan's Sawk isn't going to be powerful enough. Trip could have a Vanilluxe, but then why face Georgia in the first round?

So just as Ash should finally be getting on track strength wise for the league, the writers pull this out. Terrible. Couldn't we just have 3 months of filler before the league instead?

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I could see Iris losing here with her first battle with the Dragonite.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)