PREVIEW: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbring View Post
    Oh god.. not Darmanitan and Garbodor again why do the writers like showing them off so much? Is Darmanitan that popular?
    Well, it is in your very own sig as well, and it is a pretty awesome Pokémon anyway. :p

Gotta love the perspective in the first scan. The return of Takeda in manga form this time?

Blog Entries

One more Darmanitan? Woah.

And damn... I might sound stupid now, but I was actually leaning toward that Magmortar actually belonging to Paul, I guess it was just an overdose of wishful thinking. Bleh.

Nice to see Ferrothorn making its debut here, even though it'll surely be playing an underwhelming role. Both Ferroseed and Ferrothorn have now had their debuts in episodes centering around Iris. Coincidence? definitely :PPppPP

The images are making this episode to look very interesting. It seems like Jenny has gathered some strong trainers to stop Dragonite in its tracks, and Dawn and Ash seems to be joining in it too with Oshawott and Piplup. Without no evidence of Dragonite actually being the one who caused the problems (what was the problem now again? Power failure?) it seems like Iris steps up to protect it, as their act isn't fair, or something.

It does look to me like the battle with Hydreigon might just be a flashback, that'd be disappointing. Maybe Dragonite got hurt and took shelter in Undella Town? Whatever it did I must say that it's looking interesting. But, where's Dento? I can see both Ash and Dawn, but no Dento. Oh well, maybe he's there too, but wasn't just featured in the scan.
    djulienr likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to be very miffed if Ferroseed/Ferrothorn only get to appear in Iris episodes. They're among my favorite Gen V Pokemon and... why? Why must they be squandered like this? They deserve meaningless filler just as all the others do. Gah...

Everything else about this episode rubs me the wrong way for obvious reasons.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullbring View Post
    Oh god.. not Darmanitan and Garbodor again why do the writers like showing them off so much? Is Darmanitan that popular?
    Well, it is in your very own sig as well, and it is a pretty awesome Pokémon anyway. :p

Gotta love the perspective in the first scan. The return of Takeda in manga form this time?
    Well I got that signature before they didn't show Darmanitan in basically every single episode :p

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    This is a stupid capture, but there is no use crying and complaining about it.
    I know but it sometimes is hard to ignore.
    Shinneth likes this.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

I am out of touch with the news lately, so... Has it been posted before?
    Hellwarden and martianmister like this.

Nope, not yet Adyniz.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So the Dragonite knows what appears to be Flamethrower as well? What else can it do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    So the Dragonite knows what appears to be Flamethrower as well? What else can it do?
    We already saw that it could use Flamethrower in one of the trailers, that's why people have been so worried for it to beat Ice-types. :p

Oh, and it can use ThunderPunch too, if I recall correctly. It'd be cool if it had Extremespeed.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

I'm hoping we'll see Extremespeed too, as well as either Dragon Pulse or Dragonbreath. I'm a little bored of Draco Meteor and Dragon Rush myself.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Interesting scans.

I'm now worried that by the next saga, the new female MC will catch a super strong evolved Pokémon the same episode as the fucking tournament.

If that really happens, I'll consider the writers the worst writers in the history of anime.

...I could have died for Johto's writers.
    Shinneth likes this.

Blog Entries

Stick to the episode please and the things in it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    I'm hoping we'll see Extremespeed too, as well as either Dragon Pulse or Dragonbreath. I'm a little bored of Draco Meteor and Dragon Rush myself.
    I agree. Draco Meteor is definitely overused. We've pretty much seen that move with every Dragon-type we've encountered, but it kinda feels like every powerful Dragon-type we encounter must have that move. I mean, even Cynthia's Garchomp used Draco Meteor in the battle against Axew, when it previously (did it have it back in Sinnoh? If I recall correctly it didn't, but I'm not sure) didn't have that move. I guess that since Garchomp has been established as an extremely powerful Pokémon they just had to give it Draco Meteor. Wasn't Dragon Rush already enough? :/

Oh, and Dragon Pulse would've been nice! I like the way it's animated, like a green sphere. Kinda reminded me of Aura Sphere. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    We already saw that it could use Flamethrower in one of the trailers, that's why people have been so worried for it to beat Ice-types. :p

Oh, and it can use ThunderPunch too, if I recall correctly. It'd be cool if it had Extremespeed.
    And Thunderfang oddly enough, based on some old footage.
    Last edited by Hellwarden; 17th July 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I mean, even Cynthia's Garchomp used Draco Meteor in the battle against Axew, when it previously (did it have it back in Sinnoh? If I recall correctly it didn't, but I'm not sure) didn't have that move.
    It used it during the Galactic final (only ep we saw it use the move in DP IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    And Thunderfang oddly enough b based on some old footage.
    Are you sure? I think you might be misinterpreting Thunder Punch as Thunder Fang. The first was close to its face from the angle of the scene.

It is good though that they're giving it a varied moveset. Other BW have really suffered in that regard.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)