PREVIEW: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    Most of the kids watching will (most likely) have the opposite feeling that most of us here have. "A main character getting a super powerful Pokemon? That's so awesome!"
    Maybe. I know if I was one of those little kids, I'd probably be wondering why couldn't Ash get a super powerful Pokemon as well. "He's the main character after all. : ("
    Caseydia and Duque like this.

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Most of the kids watching will (most likely) have the opposite feeling that most of us here have. "A main character getting a super powerful Pokemon? That's so awesome!"
    Maybe. I know if I was one of those little kids, I'd probably be wondering why couldn't Ash get a super powerful Pokemon as well. "He's the main character after all. : ("
    You hit the nail on the head on how kid!me would react. "Dat's not fair!!" Those kids will have to wait until Krokorok evolves, THEN the playing field will be leveled (maybe).

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    You hit the nail on the head on how kid!me would react. "Dat's not fair!!" Those kids will have to wait until Krokorok evolves, THEN the playing field will be leveled (maybe).
    The Japanese like a mix of cute and strong Pokemon though. It is why Piplup is insanely popular over there.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Good for Iris, I say. Nice to see her getting something potentially interesting to do at last.

Blog Entries

Yeah, just when I think Iris' character couldn't get any less compelling and any less interesting. :P

So, if I understand things correctly about this episode, people blame Kairyu for whatever's going on, Pochama and Mijumaru's combined forces aren't enough to do anything to it, but wait, Iris with her innate and effortless skills as a Dragon Master, that she doesn't need to train, learn or cultivate, magically steps in, totally solves the issue and magically gets a fully evolved Dragon pokémon and solves the whole Sazandora thing all on her own through being so kind, understanding and sees the truth when no one else will because they're so ordinary, common and judgemental... right before yet another major tournament where we're supposed to believe that after doing nothing for 40+ episodes since her less than believable win of the Don Battle, her pokémon are all totally battle ready with no effort or training, just because they bask in her presence... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

The thing that this episode seems to have in common with some of Iris' past focus episodes is that it tries so hard to be a dramatic episode, but fails because at the heart of drama is flaw, and struggle, and a vulnerability that the writers seem averse to show Iris possess. That's why Iris episodes generally fail, they never cross the line into making Iris a flawed character, a human character, a relatable character, but instead. I don't have anything to say about this capture that hasn't been said already so I'll stop here, but wow... this is making Hikari getting Togekiss look like a Pullitzer winning novel.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    So, if I understand things correctly about this episode, people blame Kairyu for whatever's going on, Pochama and Mijumaru's combined forces aren't enough to do anything to it, but wait, Iris with her innate and effortless skills as a Dragon Master, that she doesn't need to train, learn or cultivate, magically steps in, totally solves the issue and magically gets a fully evolved Dragon pokémon and solves the whole Sazandora thing all on her own through being so kind, understanding and sees the truth when no one else will because they're so ordinary, common and judgemental... right before yet another major tournament where we're supposed to believe that after doing nothing for 40+ episodes since her less than believable win of the Don Battle, her pokémon are all totally battle ready with no effort or training, just because they bask in her presence... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

The thing that this episode seems to have in common with some of Iris' past focus episodes is that it tries so hard to be a dramatic episode, but fails because at the heart of drama is flaw, and struggle, and a vulnerability that the writers seem averse to show Iris possess. That's why Iris episodes generally fail, they never cross the line into making Iris a flawed character, a human character, a relatable character, but instead. I don't have anything to say about this capture that hasn't been said already so I'll stop here, but wow... this is making Hikari getting Togekiss look like a Pullitzer winning novel.
    Yes, that's exactly what happened in the episode that aired two weeks from now.

I seem to remember Ash getting more than one very powerful Pokemon he wasn't well-equipped to deal with at first, and those storylines are remembered quite fondly.

Yes, I know that the show has a reputation for being formulaic and predicable. But when it comes to passing final judgement, could we do it to the episode that airs instead of to the one we're currently imagining?

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    Good for Iris, I say. Nice to see her getting something potentially interesting to do at last.
    I hope it is interesting and won't be just another Pokemon that won't be used.

Blog Entries

But why does she need Dragonite, she has Excadrill. Poor guy is forgotten already :C Unless there comes a rivalry between them which would be cool and redeem this capture I guess :/
    Last edited by 투 애니원; 11th July 2012 at 02:12 AM.

Visit PrinceGray's Youtube Channel

This is a stupid capture, but there is no use crying and complaining about it.
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    This is a stupid capture, but there is no use crying and complaining about it.
    People are entitled to react in any way they like, and it is not up to you to tell them how they should react.

Blog Entries

So Iris gets a Dragonite now too? She already has an Excadrill that beat Pikachu. It's times like these that i wish Ash would call out his past larger pokemon and tackle the ones Iris has. Charizard, Bayleaf, Sceptile, Donphan, Torterra, any of them. Why should Iris be the one with the huge Pokemon?

Blog Entries

Magazine scans.

Adyniz and martianmister like this.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Ranting aside, Dragonite looks cute in 2nd scan (bottom/left). <3

Blog Entries

Oh god.. not Darmanitan and Garbodor again why do the writers like showing them off so much? Is Darmanitan that popular?

Moe
    Blog Entries

Perhaps Dragonite's personality might be a slight positive point out of all of this. It should be bros with Stunfisk and Palpitoad - Iris is lacking a derp Pokemon.

I really hope Cilan stops Dragonite flying away using a frying pan.
    djulienr likes this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)