PREVIEW: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu - Page 4

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 107
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,859
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    It is true that Dragonite will surely become a powerhouse in Iris' team, but I really don't see how that will stop her from training Axew. If I recall correctly, both Iris and the village elder did state that Iris' goal during this whole journey of hers was indeed to actually train and evolve Axew, making it stronger, and at the same time growing up and mature alongside with it. We all know how weak Axew currently is, considering Iris hasn't done that much, but as Season 2 started it did seem like she started to take its training more seriously, challenging Cynthia of all people, as well as putting up against Excadrill in a sparring match. The Dragon Master goal is just something that Iris is hoping to achieve too while she's training Axew, but having Axew evolve is definitely something I'd say takes priority. I don't think she'll quit training Axew just because she catches Dragonite. Sure, I could see it not evolving until the very end of the series, but I still don't think that she'll drop all her training with Axew just because of Dragonite, as her goal of evolving Axew still won't be completed.
    Hopefully, Axew's lack of training is a plot point. With a good/decent payoff.

  2. #47
    Registered User Chiplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    953
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    It is true that Dragonite will surely become a powerhouse in Iris' team, but I really don't see how that will stop her from training Axew. If I recall correctly, both Iris and the village elder did state that Iris' goal during this whole journey of hers was indeed to actually train and evolve Axew, making it stronger, and at the same time growing up and mature alongside with it. We all know how weak Axew currently is, considering Iris hasn't done that much, but as Season 2 started it did seem like she started to take its training more seriously, challenging Cynthia of all people, as well as putting up against Excadrill in a sparring match. The Dragon Master goal is just something that Iris is hoping to achieve too while she's training Axew, but having Axew evolve is definitely something I'd say takes priority. I don't think she'll quit training Axew just because she catches Dragonite. Sure, I could see it not evolving until the very end of the series, but I still don't think that she'll drop all her training with Axew just because of Dragonite, as her goal of evolving Axew still won't be completed.
    Hopefully, Axew's lack of training is a plot point. With a good/decent payoff.
    Indeed. Although I must say that Iris is definitely going in the right direction with Axew's training as of BW2 started, it's nice seeing her take its training more seriously. Still, I'd love to see Drayden be disappointed in her once he sees her again, as he maybe would've hoped for Axew to be a Fraxure/Haxorus by now.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

  3. #48
    Registered User Cinderfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    It is true that Dragonite will surely become a powerhouse in Iris' team, but I really don't see how that will stop her from training Axew. If I recall correctly, both Iris and the village elder did state that Iris' goal during this whole journey of hers was indeed to actually train and evolve Axew, making it stronger, and at the same time growing up and mature alongside with it. We all know how weak Axew currently is, considering Iris hasn't done that much, but as Season 2 started it did seem like she started to take its training more seriously, challenging Cynthia of all people, as well as putting up against Excadrill in a sparring match. The Dragon Master goal is just something that Iris is hoping to achieve too while she's training Axew, but having Axew evolve is definitely something I'd say takes priority. I don't think she'll quit training Axew just because she catches Dragonite. Sure, I could see it not evolving until the very end of the series, but I still don't think that she'll drop all her training with Axew just because of Dragonite, as her goal of evolving Axew still won't be completed.
    Well no, I didn't mean it like that actually since Ash never stopped training his other pokes after he got Charizard. But if Iris really was that concerned with training Axew still then why enter this competition with Dragonite? It appears to me she's biting off more than she can chew here. If she battles it and captures it fairly then I guess there is nothing wrong with that. It's not against the rules, you are allowed to catch pokemon on this show; however, in terms of the writing, this just gives Iris a boost of power that REALLY N TRULY was not needed.

    Have you seen the way Axew has been handled already, not to mention the poor squirrel? How will catching a stage 3 Dragon help them out in any way, when clearly, it needs help itself. Axew could very well be fully evolved by the end of the show, but will it mean much? At least not to me, because it has been handled so horribly. If we go by what we've seen as a whole, not just the past 3 episodes, Axew is a strong, baby pokemon with little training. So yes, if by training you mean have it get a few battles where it totally thrashes its opponents because the writers want it that way, then fine.

    But if we bring Ash and Scraggy into the picture, they are much more credible because things weren't handed to them and you don't see Ash spamming Infernape or even Snorlax or Torterra just to accomplish his goals. I'm pretty sure if Ash stuck with his Kanto starters and Pikachu and one more free slot throughout the entire show, he'd be Champion. But thankfully, we've got a protagonist who likes to give his other pokemon a time to shine. Even if Pikachu can be a hog and 3 evolutions in the Unova gym battles were shitty ideas, ultimately Ash is FAIR.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Precisely. They haven't even aired yet. And still we're making rather stupid conclusions of how it all is going to play out, without even knowing anything yet. Speculating is fine, but without even having the details yet I must say that making such harsh judgements already is kinda unfair, but that's just my opinion.
    I don't think it's unfair at all actually. Believe it or not as I said before on other threads I like Iris. I like her design, her personality, how she interacts with some other characters. But I've admitted to hating her battle style and training techniques or better yet lack-there-of. On the battle field she scares me shitless, while off I'm pretty ok with her; and as a fan of a character, you should be allowed to acknowledge their good points AND call them out on their bull shit when necessary.

    And here, it is definitely necessary.

    If a student wants a straight A's they have to study hard for them; if a basketball team wants a ring they have to play their asses off; if a singer wants a recording contract they have to get their name out there; and if a character wants to become a "dragon master" they actually have to train and put in countless amounts of energy to raise dragons and get to know all about them.

    Iris apparently seems to know all about Dragon Types, and while Axew can very well still evolve it will most likely remain a hairpiece now due to promotion and because Iris just caught a stage 3 dragon which she can focus on and now enter into tournaments.

    If Iris and Drayden do ever face off in this Cup, you gotta admit that giving her a Dragonite just made her chances a little bit better for a fairer fight. And the fact that she got it an episode prior and is entering it, when it really should be Axew is completely unfair.

  4. #49
    Registered User Chiplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    953
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderfella View Post
    Well no, I didn't mean it like that actually since Ash never stopped training his other pokes after he got Charizard. But if Iris really was that concerned with training Axew still then why enter this competition with Dragonite? It appears to me she's biting off more than she can chew here. If she battles it and captures it fairly then I guess there is nothing wrong with that. It's not against the rules, you are allowed to catch pokemon on this show; however, in terms of the writing, this just gives Iris a boost of power that REALLY N TRULY was not needed.
    Wait... I don't get what you want to say. Iris is facing Langley, a person who previously beat Iris' Axew badly, as Axew wasn't even close in making a single scratch on her Beartic, so why would she know, when she definitely hasn't performed that much serious training with Axew since that battle, use Axew now as the result would surely be the same? I doubt that Iris using Axew against Langley would have any bigger impact, as Langley herself did state that she didn't want to face ''weak'' Dragon-types, and then asked Iris if she had any stronger Dragon-type. Langley mocked Iris, so why would she not do the same thing now? Iris might've considered to use Excadrill, or maybe even Axew (even if it would've been stupid against her Beartic), but then, if I know Langley correctly, she could've mocked Iris in asking ''is that really all you got? You still don't have a powerful Dragon-type? Sheesh, what a Dragon Master you are'', which definitely would intimidate Iris and might just force her to use Dragonite.

    Now, I'm not saying that it is alright for in getting one just before the competition, because I still don't like it, but what I'm saying is that it doesn't really feel to weird in using it against Langley out of all people. Just because she's using Dragonite in the first round doesn't mean that she'll use it in all the other rounds (if she advance). Axew's time of shining will surely come later on.

    Have you seen the way Axew has been handled already, not to mention the poor squirrel? How will catching a stage 3 Dragon help them out in any way, when clearly, it needs help itself. Axew could very well be fully evolved by the end of the show, but will it mean much? At least not to me, because it has been handled so horribly. If we go by what we've seen as a whole, not just the past 3 episodes, Axew is a strong, baby pokemon with little training. So yes, if by training you mean have it get a few battles where it totally thrashes its opponents because the writers want it that way, then fine.
    Uhm... What? I really don't see your point in this. I'm not protecting the fact that Iris is getting a Dragonite, all I'm saying is that I don't believe that Iris' training with Axew will stop because of her catching it. And yes, I'm very well aware of the poor training Axew got in Season 1, that's exactly why I'm glad that she has finally begun taking it more seriously in Season 2, battling Cynthia and putting it in a sparring match against Excadrill. To me, that hints to a brighter future for Axew, as Iris might finally start to take it's training more seriously, right? And if there's anything good that Dragonite actually can come with it is for him to take on the role as some kind of big brother for Axew, helping it develop into becoming a better battler, etc.

    I don't think it's unfair at all actually. Believe it or not as I said before on other threads I like Iris. I like her design, her personality, how she interacts with some other characters. But I've admitted to hating her battle style and training techniques or better yet lack-there-of. On the battle field she scares me shitless, while off I'm pretty ok with her; and as a fan of a character, you should be allowed to acknowledge their good points AND call them out on their bull shit when necessary.
    ''call them out on their bull shit when necessary''? Well, when is it necessary? I mean, we still don't have any details, therefore we still hardly know anything about the capture and her use of it, right? I mean, I did the same thing. I went berserk when I first found out about this, as the same shit with Dawn once again was repeated, but then I realized that I was being kinda unfair. I mean, I made up silly conclusions on how Iris' future would all play out with this idiotic capture of Dragonite, and I did it without even knowing a thing about its capture, its attitude towards Iris, the relationship between the two once she catches it, or the battle itself that it will be battling in. I didn't know a thing about it yet, and yet I was talking so much shit about Iris and Dragonite, and I thought I was wrong in doing that. If it will actually prove to be all shitty and horrible writing, then I'd definitely be okay with bashing it, but I'd prefer to not do to it until I've gotten some more information about the case. Of course, you're free to do whatever you want, but I still feel it's unfair.

    If a student wants a straight A's they have to study hard for them; if a basketball team wants a ring they have to play their asses off; if a singer wants a recording contract they have to get their name out there; and if a character wants to become a "dragon master" they actually have to train and put in countless amounts of energy to raise dragons and get to know all about them.
    Exactly. That's why I think catching Dragonite still is shitty writing, but I'll wait with my judgement until I've actually seen the capture, as it could become a whole lot more complicated than what it seems like.

    Iris apparently seems to know all about Dragon Types, and while Axew can very well still evolve it will most likely remain a hairpiece now due to promotion and because Iris just caught a stage 3 dragon which she can focus on and now enter into tournaments.
    Okay.

    I still wouldn't take such conclusions without even knowing anything yet, but your choice.

    If Iris and Drayden do ever face off in this Cup, you gotta admit that giving her a Dragonite just made her chances a little bit better for a fairer fight. And the fact that she got it an episode prior and is entering it, when it really should be Axew is completely unfair.
    That's exactly why I thought it was a bad move to make. But I still think Iris will get his time to shine in the tournament, as there surely will be more than one round if she advances.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

  5. #50
    Registered User Cinderfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Wait... I don't get what you want to say. Iris is facing Langley, a person who previously beat Iris' Axew badly, as Axew wasn't even close in making a single scratch on her Beartic, so why would she know, when she definitely hasn't performed that much serious training with Axew since that battle, use Axew now as the result would surely be the same? I doubt that Iris using Axew against Langley would have any bigger impact, as Langley herself did state that she didn't want to face ''weak'' Dragon-types, and then asked Iris if she had any stronger Dragon-type. Langley mocked Iris, so why would she not do the same thing now? Iris might've considered to use Excadrill, or maybe even Axew (even if it would've been stupid against her Beartic), but then, if I know Langley correctly, she could've mocked Iris in asking ''is that really all you got? You still don't have a powerful Dragon-type? Sheesh, what a Dragon Master you are'', which definitely would intimidate Iris and might just force her to use Dragonite.

    Now, I'm not saying that it is alright for in getting one just before the competition, because I still don't like it, but what I'm saying is that it doesn't really feel to weird in using it against Langley out of all people. Just because she's using Dragonite in the first round doesn't mean that she'll use it in all the other rounds (if she advance). Axew's time of shining will surely come later on.
    Lol. Do you know how long this fanbase has been waiting for Axew to get some proper development? It's just way too overpowered as a baby, and by throwing Dragonite into the picture, it gives the writers an even bigger excuse to make it look powerful, because anything realistic has already been thrown out the window and this dragonite will clearly steal some screentime like Togekiss did being given so last minute for a big tournament.

    Just think, if Dragonite wasn't here, Iris would have no choice BUT to use Axew. It's just like when Ash faced Casey with his Charizard back in Johto. Who knows what would have happened had Ash not had his Kanto pokes with him, but even so Casey rightfully loss, and later on what happens, she ended up raising her Chikorita to a Meganium. Not catching a Venesaur to finish collecting her badges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Uhm... What? I really don't see your point in this. I'm not protecting the fact that Iris is getting a Dragonite, all I'm saying is that I don't believe that Iris' training with Axew will stop because of her catching it. And yes, I'm very well aware of the poor training Axew got in Season 1, that's exactly why I'm glad that she has finally begun taking it more seriously in Season 2, battling Cynthia and putting it in a sparring match against Excadrill. To me, that hints to a brighter future for Axew, as Iris might finally start to take it's training more seriously, right? And if there's anything good that Dragonite actually can come with it is for him to take on the role as some kind of big brother for Axew, helping it develop into becoming a better battler, etc.
    Those couple of seconds of Excadrill and Axew in BW episode 2 didn't really mean much, well at least to me. But because Axew has so little training, all I could do was take it and run with it. Wouldn't be surprised if others felt similarly. The episodes don't lie; Axew was in Iris' hair more than at her arsenal, and that's a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    ''call them out on their bull shit when necessary''? Well, when is it necessary? I mean, we still don't have any details, therefore we still hardly know anything about the capture and her use of it, right? I mean, I did the same thing. I went berserk when I first found out about this, as the same shit with Dawn once again was repeated, but then I realized that I was being kinda unfair. I mean, I made up silly conclusions on how Iris' future would all play out with this idiotic capture of Dragonite, and I did it without even knowing a thing about its capture, its attitude towards Iris, the relationship between the two once she catches it, or the battle itself that it will be battling in. I didn't know a thing about it yet, and yet I was talking so much shit about Iris and Dragonite, and I thought I was wrong in doing that. If it will actually prove to be all shitty and horrible writing, then I'd definitely be okay with bashing it, but I'd prefer to not do to it until I've gotten some more information about the case. Of course, you're free to do whatever you want, but I still feel it's unfair.
    Critiquing and bashing are two totally different hings. Trip I can easily bash, his whole character is cheap. Iris's battling skills, battles, and character development I can. Otherwise, I like the girl. I see nothing unfair with stating my opinion on how her character SHOULD NOT be ruined but is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Exactly. That's why I think catching Dragonite still is shitty writing, but I'll wait with my judgement until I've actually seen the capture, as it could become a whole lot more complicated than what it seems like.
    I'm just speculating. That's allowed right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Okay.

    I still wouldn't take such conclusions without even knowing anything yet, but your choice.
    Again, I'm speculating. Although from what I can tell, I believe that no matter how the episode plays out. If this is/was a female Dragonite who was giving birth to a baby Dratini and after Iris bonds with it catches that Dratini for safety and protection, despite doing little with the one dragon type she had already Axew would be better writing. This is much better than getting a stage 3 level Dragon.

    Did Misty do that with Politoad? Did May do that with Venesaur? Did Dawn do that with Mamoswine? Togekiss yeah, but Dragonite is worse to me, especially if Iris dominates in the Cup with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    That's exactly why I thought it was a bad move to make. But I still think Iris will get his time to shine in the tournament, as there surely will be more than one round if she advances.
    Why must this be Iris's time to shine. She really should stay away from all tournaments from now on I think. Unless the writers decide to revamp her whole team. Keeping in mind that I still like Iris to an extent. If the writers wanted to keep her, I don't see them giving her a fresh start in any way:

    -Axew already has Outrage, Dragon Rage, and Giga Impact which places it on a high level as a baby, so Iris in a filler/Generation 6 scenario with just Axew would still make her pretty powerful.
    -Excadrill is already a powerhouse and her very first pokemon, I doubt she'd place him in storage and even if she did all her others, she'd still be powerful with just Excadrill.
    -Emolga would be so unrealistic, because it started obeying randomly after one special talk it had with Iris. Can you say Cheap? I don't see it happening but if Iris left for the next saga with just Emolga it would not be believable.

    And not to mention that Dragonite, she might as well keep all her pokes and let the writers just write her way to Champion.

  6. #51
    Registered User Chiplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    953
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderfella View Post
    Lol. Do you know how long this fanbase has been waiting for Axew to get some proper development? It's just way too overpowered as a baby, and by throwing Dragonite into the picture, it gives the writers an even bigger excuse to make it look powerful, because anything realistic has already been thrown out the window and this dragonite will clearly steal some screentime like Togekiss did being given so last minute for a big tournament.
    For all we know, this could just be a bit more glorified version of the Don Tournaments. The difference here with the Togekiss case is that when Dawn got Togekiss, it was before Grand Festival, a huge tournament that would help Dawn fulfill her dream if she would win it. This tournament though, really won't help Iris in getting closer to her goal at all. There's really no reason for her to win it at all, and I really don't see it happening. So, I'm still sure this tournament only exists for the sake of Trip and Ash's rivalry. It'd be way more worse if she received Dragonite before a Dragon Tournament, as that would be a tournament that was actually meant for Dragon-type trainers.

    Giving her Dragonite her is by no means fair, absolutely not, but I still don't see it taking away screen-time from Axew in the future, considering that Togekiss was given to Dawn during the end of the DP saga, while this saga surely is far from being complete.

    Just think, if Dragonite wasn't here, Iris would have no choice BUT to use Axew. It's just like when Ash faced Casey with his Charizard back in Johto. Who knows what would have happened had Ash not had his Kanto pokes with him, but even so Casey rightfully loss, and later on what happens, she ended up raising her Chikorita to a Meganium. Not catching a Venesaur to finish collecting her badges.
    Uhm, she still has Emolga and Excadrill, right? I doubt she would've used Axew against Langley's Beartic either way, because I previously stated, Axew didn't stand as much as a chance against it in their last battle, so why would Iris be foolish enough to use it again when the outcome surely will be the same? I doubt Outrage and Giga Impact will save her.

    And again, I'm not for the idea of Iris getting Dragonite, so there's no need for you to clarify how wrong it is anymore, because I perfectly understand myself.

    Those couple of seconds of Excadrill and Axew in BW episode 2 didn't really mean much, well at least to me. But because Axew has so little training, all I could do was take it and run with it. Wouldn't be surprised if others felt similarly. The episodes don't lie; Axew was in Iris' hair more than at her arsenal, and that's a problem.
    It was BW2 episode 3, as the matter of fact. And yes, those seconds will surely not be enough for Axew's training, but my point is that she's definitely going in the right direction. It's been quite a while since Iris did train Axew, putting up a sparring match against Scraggy, and now she actually does it against Excadrill. This proves, at least to me, that she's finally taking its training seriously, and that she plans to use it in the Junior Cup in order to raise its experience and growth. I doubt that those training moments weren't there for a reason, I believe that it was meant to indicate that Axew's training will be taking priority in the upcoming development for Iris, with Excadrill and Emolga possibly taking a backseat. Hopefully Dragonite won't steal away that screentime, but instead it might actually help Axew in its training.

    Critiquing and bashing are two totally different hings. Trip I can easily bash, his whole character is cheap. Iris's battling skills, battles, and character development I can. Otherwise, I like the girl. I see nothing unfair with stating my opinion on how her character SHOULD NOT be ruined but is.
    I don't consider her character to be ruined, but if you do, then please, go ahead and complain. I still think it's unfair to make up silly conclusions on her future character development for various that I've already stated before, but if you want to bash her for previously ''shitty'' development, then be my guest.

    I'm just speculating. That's allowed right?
    As far as I'm concerned, I believe it is.

    Again, I'm speculating. Although from what I can tell, I believe that no matter how the episode plays out. If this is/was a female Dragonite who was giving birth to a baby Dratini and after Iris bonds with it catches that Dratini for safety and protection, despite doing little with the one dragon type she had already Axew would be better writing. This is much better than getting a stage 3 level Dragon.
    While giving her a Dratini (or any other first stage Dragon-type for that matter) would indeed have been a way better idea, as in that way we actually would've been able to follow Iris and her Pokémon's development and training process throughout the whole journey, I still won't give up my hopes on this Dragonite until I'm finally seen it in the episode. Who knows, this might not be anything that comes on a silver platter for Iris, catching Dragonite could prove to be her most challenging task yet. After all, Dragonite has throughout the series been established to be a powerful Pokémon (I'm not going to use the term psuedo-legendary, considering it was made up by fans, and I hardly doubt that the writers care about that), so controlling it might not be the easiest thing for Iris, as it might come with lots of difficult struggles, challenges and hardships for her future journey. It is a possibility, and I won't judge it before that has become clear.

    Did Misty do that with Politoad? Did May do that with Venesaur?
    Ehum, no? I thought it was quite obvious that this was unique only for Dawn and Iris. Although May did get small Pokémon that quickly got incredibly powerful though, like Eevee and Squirtle.

    Did Dawn do that with Mamoswine? Togekiss yeah, but Dragonite is worse to me, especially if Iris dominates in the Cup with it.
    If you ask me, Mamoswine got nearly no experience at all as a Swinub/Piloswine, I don't recalling seeing Dawn train it at all, and still it quickly evolved to becoming a powerful Pokémon. Mamoswine was without a doubt a shitty move to pull, I was never satisfied with its progress during its lower stages. It was like it evolved without any experience, progress whatsoever into Piloswine, only for Piloswine to do the same thing in its evolution to Mamoswine. So... that was rather shitty too, actually. But Dawn had a hard time controlling it, so that made it more justified in my opinion.

    As I stated before for Togekiss;
    The difference here with the Togekiss case is that when Dawn got Togekiss, it was before Grand Festival, a huge tournament that would help Dawn fulfill her dream if she would win it. This tournament though, really won't help Iris in getting closer to her goal at all. There's really no reason for her to win it at all, and I really don't see it happening. So, I'm still sure this tournament only exists for the sake of Trip and Ash's rivalry. It'd be way more worse if she received Dragonite before a Dragon Tournament, as that would be a tournament that was actually meant for Dragon-type trainers.
    Why must this be Iris's time to shine. She really should stay away from all tournaments from now on I think. Unless the writers decide to revamp her whole team. Keeping in mind that I still like Iris to an extent. If the writers wanted to keep her, I don't see them giving her a fresh start in any way:
    OMG, I'm sorry! I meant to write ''Axew'', not Iris, that's why I wrote ''him'' instead of ''her''. Sorry for that. I meant that I was hoping for Axew to have his time to shine in a round if she'd advance.

    I don't want Iris to make it too far in this tournament, as there's really no need for her to do so, but I'd like to see at least Axew being given a chance to have a real battle in this tournament.
    Caseydia likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

  7. #52
    Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lurking in dark corners
    Posts
    13,539
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    AND call them out on their bull shit when necessary.

    And here, it is definitely necessary.
    Hate to break it to you, but posts on Bulbagarden will never be "calling the writers out" on anything, seeing as they won't ever know the post exist. :p

    Doesn't make it any less legitimate to express your opinion of the anime, whatever that opinion may be. Just the idea that what you're doing is some sort of morale duty to the writers is, uh...no.
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 8th July 2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

  8. #53
    SOVA Leader Bluelatios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alto Mare, Johto
    Posts
    325
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Oh, nonsense. It would be unwise for nobody involved with one of the biggest franchises in the world to be completely unaware of major social responses to their products. Its kind of pointless to claim that they don't know anything about what goes on here without concrete evidence.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

  9. #54
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios View Post
    Oh, nonsense. It would be unwise for nobody involved with one of the biggest franchises in the world to be completely unaware of major social responses to their products. Its kind of pointless to claim that they don't know anything about what goes on here without concrete evidence.
    They're Japanese writers. This is an English fan site. They'd have to not only be nearly fluent in English, but also want seek out various English fan sites.

    Pokemon also isn't the only anime these guys work on. They're far too busy for this.

  10. #55
    Registered User Hellwarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    767

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios View Post
    Oh, nonsense. It would be unwise for nobody involved with one of the biggest franchises in the world to be completely unaware of major social responses to their products. Its kind of pointless to claim that they don't know anything about what goes on here without concrete evidence.
    I'm not really sure if the bulbapedia forums count as a "major social response".........or any sort of logical response, but I feel like maybe we're all over analyzing things here again.

    Call me crazy, but didn't we do the same thing with the Roxie/Homika gym battle, and those turned out to be fucking rad.

    Maybe the writers will shock everyone?

    Crazier things have happened.

    Like Brock getting a cameo.

    Also, I'm gonna break something laughing if Iris's poke turns out to be majorly crippled in some shape or form. Seriously, watch it be her Infernape!

  11. #56
    SOVA Leader Bluelatios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Alto Mare, Johto
    Posts
    325
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Indeed, the Japanese probably don't get much information themselves from foreign sources. That's what an international branch is for, to bridge the gap and relay sales, ratings, and yes, comments, questions, etc. Lets hope they actually do become aware of most of the reception to this whole Dragonite thing or even better, have a surprise already in store to turn things around for Iris.
    PockyAddict likes this.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

  12. #57
    Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lurking in dark corners
    Posts
    13,539
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios View Post
    Oh, nonsense. It would be unwise for nobody involved with one of the biggest franchises in the world to be completely unaware of absolutely trival social responses by a few dozen people completely outside the target audience to their glorified advertising. Its kind of a very, very, very unlikely idea to claim that they do know anything about what goes on here without concrete evidence.
    There, I improved the truthfulness of your post for you.

    That's what an international branch is for, to bridge the gap and relay sales, ratings, and yes, comments, questions, etc
    I think you misspelled "Market and sell whatever the japanese branch ends up deciding to make".

    Lets hope they actually do become aware of most of the reception to this whole Dragonite thing or even better, have a surprise already in store to turn things around for Iris.
    Let's not, that's called "false hopes" and it will lead to your soul being crushed by the disappointment when you realize that they really don't care what two dozen gaijin feel on the matter.

    You wouldn't like to have your soul crushed. It's not pleasant.

    the bulbapedia forums
    That's not what it's called, and that's not what it is. (Bulbapedia, Bulbanews, and Bulbagarden Forums (aka BMGf)) are three separate part of bulbagarden. Bulbapedia isn,t even the oldest of the three, though it's the best known one. )
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 9th July 2012 at 12:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

  13. #58
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Also keep in mind episodes are scripted 8-9 months in advance before they air. Whatever is going to happen with this Dragonite is already written for the next 8 months and nothing could change it.

    It seems some people actually think a new episode is produced in 7 days or something, when in reality it takes 8-9 months to complete an episode from start to finish with all the animation, storyboards, voicework, editing, music, etc.

  14. #59
    mientes Aestivate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,059
    Blog Entries
    1

    Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    This is the part where I put an end to any members who are coming into this thread solely to discuss writers' intentions and purposes. We've already shut down a thread that pretty much devolved into people talking as much crap as they please about the writers and what they should and shouldn't be doing and I'm not going to let this thread devolve into something similar. Get back on topic of the episode and its contents and the WORK of the writers as opposed to the writers themselves.

  15. #60
    H.M
    H.M is offline
    MY OPINIONS!!!11one H.M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    568
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

    Most of the kids watching will (most likely) have the opposite feeling that most of us here have. "A main character getting a super powerful Pokemon? That's so awesome!"
    Satoshi-kun and PockyAddict like this.

    Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~


Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •