PREVIEW: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

sounds like a filler and the title itself yells out "FILLER" in my face... :(
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    sounds like a filler and the title itself yells out "FILLER" in my face... :(
    How when it may mean Iris gets some development in her dragon master goal?
    Also, since when "fillers" are a bad thing when usually they're 23523523 times better than the "plot" eps?
    God, people should stop throwing the word "filler" for every new ep title revealed and they also should stop acting as if "fillers" are bad...

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

I'm on my iPad so I can't link it, but we have as thread in the PL where you can debate all you like what you think does and does not constitute a filler. This is not the thread for it beyond observations.

And @Piplup; you know better than to order people to think what you think. Quit it.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

yes, I'm aware of that, but I don't think they'll be anything doin' in this eppy. Just an Iris eppy and that's it...

As for Cynthia, she has just spanned 2 gens that equals Lance (TM/TA eppys/TR "C-team" eppys)...
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

As long as Iris gets some development, it's all good to me, "filler" or not.
    martianmister and Yoshi-san like this.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

追放されたバカ

Next Episode's Summary confirmed it:

She gets development, all right...she gets a Dragonite!

I know, I know, Togekiss syndrome and a Pseudo-Legendary in Iris's hands, but at least she caught a DRAGON, and it furthers her goal, gives her more party Pokémon, and makes her a more legitimate threat.

I have to go on vacation now, so I'm out for a while.
    djulienr likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The horror, the horror!

I really wish Iris wasn't the champion in BW2, its causing the writers to make her into a borderline Mary Sue.

This is no more a speculation, Iris got a Dragonite in this episode.

And the first fully evolved pseudo-legendary Pokemon owned by a main character... (Why Ash didn't evolve Gible?)

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Screenplay: Shinzō Fujita
    Storyboard: Ken'ichi Nishida
    Assistant director: Ken'ichi Nishida
    Animation director: Izumi Shimura

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

(Why Ash didn't evolve Gible?)
    Because Cynthia has a copyright on owning Garchomps.

Her legal landsharks would have sued the pants off Ash, and since this is a kids show nobody wants that.

I really wish Iris wasn't the champion in BW2, its causing the writers to make her into a borderline Mary Sue.
    LoL Mary Sue. There isn't a single concept in the history of writing that the internet (and the fandoms) have abused and raped more than that one.
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 6th July 2012 at 09:37 PM.
    martianmister likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

o mai gad... now Kibago doesn't have a reason to evolve XD
    martianmister likes this.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gym Leader Byron View Post
    Something that never made sense to me about the power and strength of Dragon-type Pokemon is how exactly are they so young?

I mean the Kairyu back in Jouto supposedly outlived his trainer, if that is the case why was it so resilient and youthful? It was as fit as a young one and pretty much evened out with Lizardon. Whereas elderly Pokemon like Pikachu and Kenji's Strike in the past have shown that age hinders their bodies and the things they can do. Why was that Kairyu which outlived its owner not elder and crotchety in battle? Not to mention the woman who helped teach Fukamaru Meteoric Swarm, her Altaria didn't seem old at all but she was. Neither did Drake Dragons seem old or tired out either, but then again he's a member of the Elite Four.

Part me is wondering if this Kairyu is an elderly one as well.
    I really like the idea of this Kairyu being an older one, mostly for what Iris and Kibago could learn from it. We saw a glimpse of this when she battled Shirona, but to be able to interact with and learn from an older Pokemon that doesn't have a trainer could be a valuable experience for both Kibago and Iris in her goal. An elder Pokemon could be a more patient teacher to them.
    PokéVision likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Artichoker View Post
    o mai gad... now Kibago doesn't have a reason to evolve XD
    Exactly how does Axew not have a reason to evolve now?

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Exactly how does Axew not have a reason to evolve now?
    Axew is a marketing device. If it wasn't, it most likely would have evolved by now and the writers probably wouldn't have given it so many powerful moves still as a baby with little-to-no training at all. With Iris having a Dragonite now, not only does this make her more of a threat but her Dragon Master Goal is pretty much finished. Why train Axew if she already has a powerhouse right?

And since this dragonite belongs to Iris now and also has an attitude problem, it will most likely be her focus point for the rest of the series. Make no mistakes about it though, Axew will still probably pull some bull-shit moves out of his sleeve.

In terms of the episode, I assume Iris will use Excadrill to weaken Dragonite and then capture it. After "glowing" with it that is.

What had potential to be a great Season is turning out to be one of the worst and these episodes haven't even aired yet -_-

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderfella View Post
    With Iris having a Dragonite now, not only does this make her more of a threat but her Dragon Master Goal is pretty much finished. Why train Axew if she already has a powerhouse right?
    It is true that Dragonite will surely become a powerhouse in Iris' team, but I really don't see how that will stop her from training Axew. If I recall correctly, both Iris and the village elder did state that Iris' goal during this whole journey of hers was indeed to actually train and evolve Axew, making it stronger, and at the same time growing up and mature alongside with it. We all know how weak Axew currently is, considering Iris hasn't done that much, but as Season 2 started it did seem like she started to take its training more seriously, challenging Cynthia of all people, as well as putting up against Excadrill in a sparring match. The Dragon Master goal is just something that Iris is hoping to achieve too while she's training Axew, but having Axew evolve is definitely something I'd say takes priority. I don't think she'll quit training Axew just because she catches Dragonite. Sure, I could see it not evolving until the very end of the series, but I still don't think that she'll drop all her training with Axew just because of Dragonite, as her goal of evolving Axew still won't be completed.

What had potential to be a great Season is turning out to be one of the worst and these episodes haven't even aired yet -_-
    Precisely. They haven't even aired yet. And still we're making rather stupid conclusions of how it all is going to play out, without even knowing anything yet. Speculating is fine, but without even having the details yet I must say that making such harsh judgements already is kinda unfair, but that's just my opinion.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)