PREVIEW: BW088: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!! - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: BW088: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW088: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!

I'm actually not looking forward to this episode that much. The only funny thing I expect to see is Dento shoving away Dawn, but if we're lucky we'll get some more lovely Iris and Dawn interactions. Those two together are like the best duo ever, and they alone could make this episode for me. And to be honest, I wouldn't really be surprised if Dawn joined in with Iris to complain about Dento's Tasting Time/Detective Time w/e. I wouldn't really be bothered by that, as I've gotten the impression that only people who're kinda stupid (Bianca and Ash XD) are the ones who're actually impressed by Dento and his antics, and Dawn has already proven that she was more like creeped out by Dento than impressed. :p

Ugh. Unfortunately my computer is at reparation, so I won't be able to watch the episode air since I'm not allowed to download KeyHole on my school computer. That kinda annoys me, but hopefully I'll have it back once the Dragonite episode airs.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: BW088: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!

I'm getting even less interested about this episode. The problem I have with Cilan episodes like this one is how Cilan's sparkly skillz get glorified. Heck, in the first detective Cilan episode, his skills were absolutely pointless. The 2 kids, Roggenrola and Officer Jenny did everything while Cilan just followed suit and stated the obvious.

Brock was shown to be quite the detective in the DP episode where Piplup and Pikachu 'fell in love'. He solved the problem without the need to resort to such stupidity with wit, cleverness and brilliant observations. I'll say it again, Cilan himself even did such a thing to find that Foongus was the Pokemon for Momotchi without showing off. There's just nothing comedic about a guy wearing a detective's hat and using a magnifying glass to solve a crime.

The real comedy comes from the reaction of how those around him act to the pointlessness of his glorified skillz. Since Dawn apparently hates his boring and pointlessly glorified lectures(it has pretty much been canonized) too, I'm expecting lots of Dawn/Iris interactions to help save the day!

If it weren't for Iris' facial expressions and reactions in previous Cilan episodes, I don't think that I would have tolerated and liked Cilan doing this sort of stuff. I'm expecting the same thing to happen with this episode.

What would be hilarious is if Dawn and Iris solved the crime themselves =P.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I'm looking forward to this episode. Tsunbear with snot is adorable. Looks like I'll have a new avatar tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post

What would be hilarious is if Dawn and Iris solved the crime themselves =P.
    I dunno; the girls just had the Onix episode two weeks ago. But I think it'd be funny if the Hardy Boy flubbed this and someone else solves the mystery.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The Only thing I'm looking forward to in this episode is to see Scraggy learning a new move!!!

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Nice to know Beartic can keep the snot bubble after it evolves, that was one of the few things I didn't like about it before.

Blog Entries

I'm a little worried about the Iris/Dawn interactions in this episode. I wasn't exactly pleased with the two of them both teasing Ash together as it only made me dislike Iris' condescending attitude even more.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

It's showtime!

Per the Anime Rules at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

LinkBacks (?)