Was BW for testing things for XY anime? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Was BW for testing things for XY anime?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Was BW for testing things for XY anime?

At least it lookes like they were trying something with Episode N. That arc was clearly different than what we usually saw, and I'd say they did a good job trying something new instead of looping things over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine View Post
    BW is not a complete test bed. Initially, I thought it was anti-DP.

New female lead has nothing to do with Contests or player characters
    Brock is replaced for the very first time
    Small gaps between Gyms
    TR doesn't appear in any episode, and it is not a Golden Poop Squad
    Plasma appears in a small chunk of episodes, all together, instead of Galactic which was spread around.
    Touranment Arcs
    Filler Regions...

If XY becomes anti-BW, it will be quite close to DP, which is good :))
    Team Galactic didn't appear that much either and when they finally appear they didn't have that much personality are anything like that, atleast Team Plasma had a little bit more of a personality.

Since XY series comes after the good old BW series, i can see it being more anti-DP, which would make the XY anime series great.

Blog Entries

Hopefully better Writing here because Let's see some better Action here in Kalos.

I feel like the writers don't know what they want to do with Ash. In OS he was definitely goofy rookie. In AG he appeared to be growing up and almost looked like a mentor, In DP he dropped that and looked more like a serious trainer trying to go far. Now he feels more like his original self. They better find what they want fast because I don't know how much more inconsistency I can take and I don't think i'll be up to following a new character should he be replaced.

Now that I think about it the writers are trapped(or at least based on the vibe of NA communities). If they do change material they are changing for the worse and If they don't it becomes formulaic. I guess with that knowledge I would say yes. BW was a testing ground, not necessarily for XY but for future regions too. They wanted to test the waters and see how people would react to different changes. That's the only reason I can come up with to explain why they changed so much in such a relatively short period of time.
    Once I find something interesting. I'll put it here.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think that they tried things out mainly because of that BW was a short saga and they did much new things and much was rushed. They tried if the audience was okay with replacing Brock and not focusing as much on the TRio. They tried if they could replace contests with tourneys. They tried if they could have six or seven rivals instead of three or four. They tried if they could make Ash rotate pokemon. And much of this was rushed. For example the Vertress Conference. It was 5 episodes that focused on battling and a stupid Axew filler. They also rushed the Junior Cup. And it looks like XY may be the biggest pokemon game ever. It is in 3d, you can costumize yourself, they introduced a new type and so on. BW was a filler saga while we waited on the really big thing: XY. And I think that it was the same thing with Black/White. Those games was also a try out before XY.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

It was that The Writers probably wanted to try something out with Team Rocket, BUT Got a Serious Backlash from Fans who had Liked Team Rocket.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345