PREVIEW: BW??? - Iris and Zekrom - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: BW??? - Iris and Zekrom

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

Default Re: BW??? - Iris and Zekrom

said on spp: you know it'd be very interesting to see how she connects with zekrom;

Here's a link for the image.

GO IRIS!
    Last edited by Achamo; 21st April 2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Image update
    Bubble Frog likes this.
    Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Season 2: Decolora Adventure!

Who ya gonna call? RotomBusters!

Blog Entries

This makes me happy but I'm not looking forward to the backlash this will cause. It'll be like Dragonite all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    That seems like a really low-key way of creating hype for what should be a major episode. My bet is that Jirachi will create this Zekrom.
    But then we get to the other side of the argument, why have that scene if it's just an illusion? Seems like a cheap way to bring attention to the show, particularly after Zekrom's abscene and I think they'd be more direct if it was.

Having said that, you do have a point that if it's a major episode it probably would've had more attention drawn to it. Possibly what they're doing is either getting interest and then revealing it later on, it's more minor then we expect or (as you mentioned) it's an illusion. Either way, we'll see.
    Last edited by Zweilous; 21st April 2013 at 07:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Achamo View Post
    Here's a link for the image.

GO IRIS!
    Achamo-chan,
    I cannot see it :[

I edited my post so now the actual image is there too.

Iris is certainly looking confident there.
    Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Season 2: Decolora Adventure!

Who ya gonna call? RotomBusters!

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Nice to finally see a female protagonist bonding with a legendary outside of a movie. I was wondering when Zekrom would show up in the anime.

Also lol at the idea that Iris is "stealing" Zekrom away from Ash, it was never implied anywhere that they had any kind of connection. Zekrom was a dick to Ash's Pikachu, outside of the movie (whose canonicity is questionable thanks to the dual release) that's the full extent of their connection. Given her profession, it makes more sense for her to bond with it than Ash anyway.

I can understand not liking Iris with all the poor writing, but at this point acting like the developments which actually make sense are nonsensical just because you don't like her is getting old.

Noble shine! Likeitornot.'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'm ambivalent about the whole affair- really, it depends on how it's executed.

If it's an illusion, it does make sense as to why Iris is riding Zekrom, as well as Ash not being around the Legendary pokemon.
    However, if it isn't, then my sentiments are mixed. It does not excite me, nor does it irritate me- but it could be beneficial, if executed properly. Personally, the idealism within Zekrom has always made me think of Iris and her firm belief in myth that was shown earlier on in the series, and honestly, Iris is the Dragon Master at the end of the day, I think, in the long-run, it would be more successful for her, than for Ash, even if it did appear in front of Ash.

Hopefully, even as an illusion, it'll be beneficial to Iris. If not, I'll be completely uninterested.
    "I shall have some peace there for peace comes
    dropping slow."
    - Lake Isle of Innisfree, W.B Yeats.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    (whose canonicity is questionable thanks to the dual release)
    I thought the Zekrom version was said to be the canon version. Wasn't it confirmed?

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I hope Iris doesn't catch Zekrom, she doesn't need another Electric-type.

Blog Entries

Three things;

1 - Zekrom never 'connected' with Ash, it simply appeared while Ash was entering Unova, and as stated before simply screwed around with Pikachu.

2 - I don't get how anyone can not like Iris - I find her personality too be one of the most relate-able there is.

3 - It would nice for once that somebody else who wasn't Ash to interact, dream or reality, with a legendary pokemon. The only other time his happened outside a movie was with the Lake Trio.

Overall, physical interaction with Zekrom and Iris would, in my opinion, be fantastic and give more advancement to her becoming a Dragon Master.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    (whose canonicity is questionable thanks to the dual release)
    I thought the Zekrom version was said to be the canon version. Wasn't it confirmed?
    Well, in the Episode N debut, which just aired in the dub, Ash talks as if he's never seen Reshiram before. (in both versions of Movie 14, Ash & co see both dragons) Movie 14 is the only movie(s) that I feel isn't officially canon. (does he say the same thing in the Japanese version?)

Anyway, if Iris is dealing with an illusion, that's one convincing illusion, otherwise it's another legendary episode jammed into an arc consisting of random stories.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Well, in the Episode N debut, which just aired in the dub, Ash talks as if he's never seen Reshiram before. (in both versions of Movie 14, Ash & co see both dragons) Movie 14 is the only movie(s) that I feel isn't officially canon. (does he say the same thing in the Japanese version?)
    Ash gets excited to meet legendary Pokemon, even if he did meet them in the movies, and that has happened with movies that are canon. For example, he was excited to search for Articuno in Johto and that movie was referenced later on in Johto, so that's not really a sign that a movie is canon or not. Though, I don't think that there has been any confirmation that the Zekrom version was the canon version and the Victini movie(s) are the only ones I consider non-canon due to the dual release as well.

Anyway, I'm not upset over Iris apparently getting to meet Zekrom instead of Ash. Zekrom only appeared in the first episode to weaken Pikachu so that Ash would lose to Trip. There wasn't any special connection with Ash and Zekrom beyond that. If this was more like with Ho-Oh where it was more of a special event for Ash to see Zekrom and it was brought up throughout the course of BW, then maybe I'd have issues with it, but I don't on that regard. That being said, I do prefer the idea that this is an illusion or a wish Jirachi grants to Iris rather than seeing her be with the actual Zekrom. It would most likely just over glorify her again as an ultra special Dragon Master in training when she hasn't done anything to warrant such glorification. I don't know if it would bother me that much compared to other cases, but it would probably depend on the execution if it is the actual Zekrom.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 24th April 2013 at 04:19 AM.

Also lol at the idea that Iris is "stealing" Zekrom away from Ash, it was never implied anywhere that they had any kind of connection. Zekrom was a dick to Ash's Pikachu, outside of the movie (whose canonicity is questionable thanks to the dual release) that's the full extent of their connection. Given her profession, it makes more sense for her to bond with it than Ash anyway.
    I actually think those movies are meant to be non-canonical, but you can't deny the Satoshi-Zekrom connection, as weak as it is. I mean, the images from the Black Hero legend are obviously based on Satoshi, while the White Hero was N. And there's also the Zekrom's-a-scumbag thing from the first episode, which IS really weak evidence, but what annoys me about the whole Iris thing is just how random it seems, even more than Zekrom befriending Satoshi. Although having Zekrom appear at all is quite random at this point anyway, so I don't know why I even care.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I think the reason everyone thought there was going to be some kind of Satoshi/Zekrom interaction is because that's the most predictable thing that could have happened, despite there being no evidence for it. Ash has bonded with so many different legends so far that everyone just expects that he'll be the one to do it.

So I'm pretty happy that the anime is breaking that trend. Now we just need the male sidekick to get an episode with a legendary.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast