PREVIEW: BW: Iris VS Ibuki! The Road to Becoming a Dragon Master!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BW: Iris VS Ibuki! The Road to Becoming a Dragon Master!!

Default Re: BW: Iris and Gible

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post

That's a good point. It seems like they are leaving the group before he gets to Pallet Town, so she wouldn't be able to get his Gible.
    Because transferring Pokemon at the PokeCenter doesn't exist right? XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Because Iris getting Gible for no reason without having even interacted with it or heard about it from Ash would make zero sense. If Iris ever got Gible, I'd imagine it'd be if she met Gible first, and not just got it transferred to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Because Iris getting Gible for no reason without having even interacted with it or heard about it from Ash would make zero sense. If Iris ever got Gible, I'd imagine it'd be if she met Gible first, and not just got it transferred to her.
    Not saying I want her to get, but it's not outside the realm of possibility as a gift. Ash could easily say that he and Gible agreed to it off-screen.

Blog Entries

why Gible and not Trapinch

While it is kinda unfortunate that Ash already has a Gible (if that indeed is a wild one and not Ash's), I still am glad that she'll be getting another Dragon-type to her team, though I don't want to keep my hopes up too much so that the whole Deino thing won't be repeated. Gible does kinda make sense since Cynthia, one of Iris' biggest idols, has a Garchomp.

Trapinch would still be way better

Administrator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum HeadAdministrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Only because of that Iris runs around with Ashs Gible it does not mean that she gets it from him. She may just try to save Gible from something(the TRio for example). Or this is a random Gible.
    She would still need to be near Pallet Town and it doesn't sound like she's going to be.

That wouldn't make any sense to transfer over Gible to Iris when they haven't even interacted or have any reason to give her one of his Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao
    Not saying I want her to get, but it's not outside the realm of possibility as a gift. Ash could easily say that he and Gible agreed to it off-screen.
    I see no reason why he would give it to her as a gift. That would seem out of character for Ash, especially when it isn't like Iris would do a better job with Gible than he did.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since this might be Iris's final episode, I wonder if Drayden's expectation of Iris succeeding him as the Opelucid City Gym Leader will be brought up at some point.

I hope Iris finally does something worthwhile about Axew's goal to evolve here.

Oh yay! A story about Iris and Dragon-types! We've barely seen that at all in this series!

Because Iris getting Gible for no reason without having even interacted with it or heard about it from Ash would make zero sense.
    Sense?!

THIS! IS! BEST WISHES!!!

Iris getting Ash's Gible... ?

. . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yari View Post
    Iris getting Ash's Gible... ?

. . .

Yes, because obviously there is only one Gible in the entire Pokémon universe.

Yes, because obviously there is only one Gible in the entire Pokémon universe.
    I'm not saying that Iris encountering a wild Gible is not a possibility, but that was just me and my response to the possibility of Iris getting Ash's Gible as what some others have been talking about earlier in this thread.

Blog Entries

I so much doubt that Ash would just give his Gible away like that, so I definitely don't see it happening. Having his lose his only Dragon-type would also be quite the shame, even though it most likely would've evolved by the time Iris has a cameo in the XY series. :p

Gible is an awesome Pokémon, so another one being given to a main cast member is absolutely fine with me (even though she won't be a main cast member any longer by the time she gets it).

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Sense?!

THIS! IS! BEST WISHES!!!
    Aren't you overusing that statement like... a bit too much...?

QUEEN NICKI DOMINATE Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I hope it's a random Gible, because why would Ash just randomly be like "haha oh yeah I forgot I have a Gible, and since you train dragons and we're friends and we've been traveling together, you can have it to remember me by!"

It's possible that he may think that Gible can do better with Iris since she specializes in dragons- but Ash worked very hard training him, it would have to be under very extreme circumstances for him to decide that.

Stranger things have happened, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless it was similar to the Charizard thing where they saw a random Gible and Ash was reminded of his own.
    I hear them coming for me, because the top is lonely

You could be king, but watch the queen conquer

Please let it be a Wild Gible so that Iris can get it and not Ash's Gible that is SOOOOOOOOOOOO Epic to Me.

While I still think it may be Ash's Gible, I certainly don't think that Iris now owns it. Whatever happens, I hope she doesn't end up with one. I mean, first Dragonite and maybe a Gible? What's wrong with Deino or Druddigon!? Even Flygon would be fine since Trapinch is in BW2, but really?

Back to the Ash's Gible debate, I'm really 50/50 on the subject. Maybe she ended up going to Oak's with Ash and she took Gible out for a walk. Maybe it's a wild Gible in a cave she found in Johto. I have no clue, but all I know is that she certainly isn't going to end up owning Ash's Gible.
    update pending
    avatar | story | one-shot | poetry |

Blog Entries

Iris is running away holding a Gible, that's why I can't see it being a wild one - Iris being able to perfectly tame a wild Gible in the space of a few minutes in an episode is a stretch even for her.

Perhaps this episode will be like the Deino episode, someone else's owned Gible with Iris just bonding with it and leaving it at the end.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast