PREVIEW: BW 111 "The New Gym Leader - Cheren!" - Page 7

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: BW 111 "The New Gym Leader - Cheren!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 111 "The New Gym Leader - Cheren!"

It must suck to be Cheren, he was one of the best done rivals (or as good as a pokemon game rival could be) and had many people thinking he was gonna be all awesome and badass with the trailer and all.

ends up getting beat by an oshawott.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.

VA List

Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Axew
    Pikachu
    Oshawott
    Pansage
    Cheren

And a Ducklett will be in this episode.

Summaries
    "Satoshi and friends have just arrived in Hiogi City, having received word of a new Gym there. However, it appears that something is troubling the Hiogi Gym's Gym Leader, Cheren...!? And then another incident occurs!

Summary:
    Satoshi and his friends have just arrived in Hiogi City, where a new Gym has opened. The area before the one where the Gym Leader Cheren is located doubles as a Trainers' School in addition to being a Pokémon Gym. Cheren, who used to be a teacher there, has just recently been appointed Gym Leader, so the Gym itself is still under construction.

Meanwhile, Kibago, who has strayed away from Satoshi and the others, starts playing with the equipment in the broadcasting room. This results in loud screaming from the speakers all over the school, which in turn makes the Pokémon in the Pokémon House panic and run off! While searching for something that can help them, the Dent and Yanappu team are played for fools by Koaruhie...!? Also, Satoshi's Mijumaru and Cheren's 'Loyal Dog Pokémon' Herderrier battle! How does this match turn out!?"
    So Cheren WAS a Gym Leader. I like that.

And Axew has caused more trouble again, making the Pokemon run off...great.

Although, I do like the fact that Cilan and Pansage have fallen victim to another Ducklett Troll.
    Last edited by Playerking; 22nd January 2013 at 08:07 AM.
    martianmister likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

God dang it, Axew, you're old enough to know not to run off on your own and cause trouble. Remember the last 13 times you did, and ended up hurting someone?

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Iris needs to learn how to use a pokeball.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It must suck to be Cheren, he was one of the best done rivals (or as good as a pokemon game rival could be) and had many people thinking he was gonna be all awesome and badass with the trailer and all.

You do realize that as the first gym leader in the games, he's gonna be getting beat by Oshawotts (and Snivies, and Tepigs) all the dang time? Even here he's a new gym leader, so of course he's not "all awesome and badass". If anything, it was the trailer that messed up here by giving him a god danged Stoutland.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

#DucklettforCilan2013

So annoying about Axew getting lost. again.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post

You do realize that as the first gym leader in the games, he's gonna be getting beat by Oshawotts (and Snivies, and Tepigs) all the dang time? Even here he's a new gym leader, so of course he's not "all awesome and badass". If anything, it was the trailer that messed up here by giving him a god danged Stoutland.
    Rosa had a Serperior, which was VERY overleveled for a first gym battle. They couldn't have had Cheren send out a Patrat and claw at it helplessly while the snake uses Frenzy Plant and stuff. Even if they changed the battle to Snivy VS Lilipup, it would've been dynamic as well because it was supposed to look cool - it was an advertisement.

Still, I don't find the idea of Ash having to battle someone who just opened the gym, and earn a win the hard way. Which means that he's been reset as soon as the league was over... -.- Poor Cheren, I do hope they make him shine.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Ash does win this battle, then I can only assume it must be a free battle, since I don't see any reason for Ash to be accepting a new gym badge - especially considering he just competed in the Unova League.

And Axew's never going to grow up, is he? Terrific.

Blog Entries

At this point Axew seems like he's just there to be a hair ornament. It getting lost, and/causing trouble from going off on his own is getting tiresome. The Pansage, and Cilan part of this episode sounds okay, but I never really care for the duck trio really. Cheren should be fun, but I'm not expecting this battle to be really good, or interesting considering how most of the battles in this saga have been. Oshawott does need it, but it would have been better to give it a more interesting opponent.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Axew runs off again? This is exactly why we have Pokéballs, Iris!
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post

And a Ducklett will be in this episode.

Meanwhile, Kibago, who has strayed away from Satoshi and the others, starts playing with the equipment in the broadcasting room. This results in loud screaming from the speakers all over the school! While searching for something that can help them, the Dent and Yanappu team are played for fools by Koaruhie...!?
    Although, I do like the fact that Cilan and Pansage have fallen victim to another Ducklett Troll.[/QUOTE]

Ducklett made this episode 20X more awesome because the last episode with ducklett was the best one post new team rocket in terms of humor.

Axew playing with the speaker system reminds me of when i turned up my grandfather's stereo system blasting very loud music. More epicness due to flashback of my own childhood :)

but seriously with Cheren and Herrdier... This episode better not be a Quote from Cheren himself: " This will be a battle to remember!"
    Gengarzilla likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Does it really matter? Its already been established Gym Leaders outside of Kasumi and the Sanyou Bros. use less-powered Pokemon when challenging challengers to test them. Why do you think Denzi didn't use his Raichu he's had since childhood that most likely is on-par with Oba's Goukazaru against Satoshi? This is the same guy who thought of challenging the Elite Four, you don't think he would use those same Pokemon he uses against challengers against pedestrian trainers like Jun, right? Even in the World Tournament every Gym Leader has a team of destructive powerhouses, these are not the same ones used against challengers. Likewise Cheren even points out he does the same thing in-game. Only exception is Yakon's Doryuzu but its probably around the right power level to deal with challengers plus Yakon goes all, "I'm breaking out the big gun! My next Pokemon's power is on a whole different level! You have to work on your day off, Doryuzu!" Even then he only resorted to it due to his frustration at Satoshi using strategy and not attacking head-on.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 22nd January 2013 at 06:33 PM.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Iris really needs to get Kibago a child leash or something

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post

Does it really matter? Its already been established Gym Leaders outside of Kasumi and the Sanyou Bros. use less-powered Pokemon when challenging challengers to test them. Why do you think Denzi didn't use his Raichu he's had since childhood that most likely is on-par with Oba's Goukazaru against Satoshi? This is the same guy who thought of challenging the Elite Four, you don't think he would use those same Pokemon he uses against challengers against pedestrian trainers like Jun, right? Even in the World Tournament every Gym Leader has a team of destructive powerhouses, these are not the same ones used against challengers. Likewise Cheren even points out he does the same thing in-game. Only exception is Yakon's Doryuzu but its probably around the right power level to deal with challengers plus Yakon goes all, "I'm breaking out the big gun! My next Pokemon's power is on a whole different level! You have to work on your day off, Doryuzu!" Even then he only resorted to it due to his frustration at Satoshi using strategy and not attacking head-on.
    You'd think Cheren would use more than a herdier to test a guy who just placed top 8 in the Unova league. It's pretty insulting that either

A. Cheren thinks a top 8 Unova league participant can be at the level of a 1st badger.
    B. Ash deliberately goes easy and uses oshawott.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

You'd think Cheren would use more than a herdier to test a guy who just placed top 8 in the Unova league. It's pretty insulting that either

A. Cheren thinks a top 8 Unova league participant can be at the level of a 1st badger.
    B. Ash deliberately goes easy and uses oshawott.
    It's not really a test since Satoshi already has the Basic Badge, it's more of a fun battle than anything else. I doubt Satoshi would break out Waruvial to take on a Haderia of all things. Cheren probably has no clue of Satoshi's Isshu League status and even then that doesn't mean he shouldn't use his Pokemon he uses for challengers, Haderia might come off as weak due to the stereotype but it could very well be something similar in vain to Homika's Dogasu.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 21st December 2012, 11:51 PM