PREVIEW: BW 111 "The New Gym Leader - Cheren!" - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: BW 111 "The New Gym Leader - Cheren!"

Default Re: BW 111 "The New Gym Leader! Cheren!"

That's a big surprise. Wonder if his gonna be just another COTD or actually playing an active role in the N arc.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

I'm confused... why would he appear? thought gym battles were finished.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ha ha ha... all I can really think of this is "too little, too late".

Unless Bianca's involved in this, I really don't give a shit. And if they weren't opposed to having Cheren in the anime, they really should have done it much earlier on. I think it would have made for a much more interesting rival scenario since, like others have said, Cheren's really not interesting unless he has Bianca to play off from. :P And Ash really has no reason to dabble with gym leaders, the League being over and him already having the Basic badge and all, so I'll also chime in that Cheren's likely just here for the Team Plasma fodder.
    Gengarzilla and SammyW27 like this.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    Ha ha ha... all I can really think of this is "too little, too late".

Unless Bianca's involved in this, I really don't give a shit. And if they weren't opposed to having Cheren in the anime, they really should have done it much earlier on. I think it would have made for a much more interesting rival scenario since, like others have said, Cheren's really not interesting unless he has Bianca to play off from. :P And Ash really has no reason to dabble with gym leaders, the League being over and him already having the Basic badge and all, so I'll also chime in that Cheren's likely just here for the Team Plasma fodder.
    What do you mean? The writers probably didn't know about Cheren's role in BW2 before they planned Lenora to battle Ash, so why would he have appeared? Unless he were to be a rival, but again, they probably already planned other rivals, Trip, Bianca and Stephan before thinking of Cheren's BW2 role. OR, maybe you just wanted him to appear without a role of much importance?

Plus now, they're getting into a bit more of the BW2 stuff, with Neo Plasma and such and I think it's good that they're spacing out the game character appearances, with either BW1 or BW2 for the anime.

I kind of hope that someone else like Iris, challengers him or Cilan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Wait, Cheren's gonna be in the anime? The writers are obviously just scrambling for stuff that they can take from B2W2 for the last year of Best Wishes. I mean, what next? The trio go diving for treasure in the Abyssal Ruins?
    Shinneth and Silktree like this.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    What do you mean? The writers probably didn't know about Cheren's role in BW2 before they planned Lenora to battle Ash, so why would he have appeared? Unless he were to be a rival, but again, they probably already planned other rivals, Trip, Bianca and Stephan before thinking of Cheren's BW2 role.
    Hey, they put Bianca in the series early on with the same probability of not knowing what her role would be in BW2. And I'm quite certain if they replaced Trip with Cheren we wouldn't be missing out on anything. I would have preferred a series where Cheren was in Trip's place and retained his connections with Bianca from the games, because rival dynamics are fun like that. I think that would have been a far better use of Cheren than just... throwing him in as a pointless Gym Leader post-League where he really serves no purpose unless he gets involved in the Team Plasma stuff. Which he could still do if he were introduced early in the series to begin with.

OR, maybe you just wanted him to appear without a role of much importance?
    ... why the hell would you think I wanted that? Please, don't assume stuff about me like that.

I kind of hope that someone else like Iris, challengers him or Cilan.
    ugh god no. Iris has had more than enough screentime, she's not a badge collector (as Drayden was obviously a "special" case), she has no reason to do this. Cilan doesn't either, frankly. No one really has any business doing a formal gym battle with Cheren.

The alternative would be a Maylene-esque scenario since the episode title establishes Cheren as a "new" Gym Leader, which could be good or bad because I don't know what to believe anymore with Best Wishes. Staff's gonna have to pull off a miracle to make me think I can believe in their crap again.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I've always found Cheren pretty bland, but I guess it's exciting to see something out of the games. Hopefully we see something with Bel. I don't care for her either, but I think a lot of other people like her so that would be nice for them.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Advertisement or not, Cheren's being a gym leader is the most pointless position the anime could have given him at this point. He should have just been a gym challenger or at least started as one and became a gym leader later.

Oh well, at least he gets an appearance in the anime, though I wouldn't care if he were simply a one shot character, knowing that there's not much that can be done with him now.
    Shinneth and Isaac Gravity like this.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Cheren in the anime? About time. He really should have appeared 98 episodes ago along with Bianca though...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Follow Avirave on Tumblr Visit Avirave's Youtube Channel

Maybe Nonomi travels with Satoshi and the others for a bit and she is the one to battle Cheren.

Blog Entries

She's not shown in the other episodes though.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

finally, oh finally. But it appears to be too late :(
    Wanted him to be a rival for Ash, but the writers thought otherwise :( :cereal:
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

I just hope him and Trip don't meet. That could be pretty awkward...
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

I hated that they waited this long to give Cheren an appearance (since they gave Trip his original role) but at least he's actually appearing. I would love it if maybe Hugh was the trainer that battled him, since I doubt Ash, Iris, or Cilan will battle him. Maybe they'll mention how Lenora decided to take a break from being a Gym Leader and that would explain why Cheren is taking over. If Hugh doesn't show up to battle him then maybe Bianca will, but that's just my guess.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

Visit ShadowZone1996's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMouse View Post
    I hope that the BW109 girl battles him. That would be quite cool, although Ash battling him would be better.

EDIT: OMG, what if Ash stays behind in Unova to compete in the league again, and has to battle Cheren for the Basic Badge, as he's the new leader.
    I don't think you're allowed to enter the same league again if you've already competed once in the anime. Besides, Ash already have the Basic Badge.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 21st December 2012, 11:51 PM