PREVIEW: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!" - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 170

Thread: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

  1. #121
    Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,473
    Blog Entries
    411

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I personally already love this episode. With these 5 minutes I should be able to hold out until the actual episode airs, I'm really glad that they decided to send this in the special.

    N's adorable, and I can't wait to see his interactions with the gang later, but I must say that they came of with a great start when introducing his character. I was hoping that they'd react to his name only being ''N'', but apparently they didn't. Or, they might do in the actual episode.

    TR seems to be back to their usual selves, but naturally can't tell just yet. Regardless I'm not too excited for them, my only focus here is N.


    Same clip as Gotpika posted, just with better quality, in case someone cares for that.
    That was just an AMAZING, PRECIOUS preview of Episode N *squeeeee* I'm so excited about it!!
    Last edited by Karamazov; 2nd January 2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: video removed

  2. #122
    Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,568
    Blog Entries
    186

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    A boat with a battlefield? That's new, regardless it's good to see them so energetic and comedic about getting ready to put in some training with what seems to be Tsutarja and Kibago. So Dento doesn't believe in the "voices" of Pokemon? Typical but somewhat expected out of a Science Sommelier. N and Satoshi's conflicting approaches toward Pokemon will be a sight. Good to see Yuichi Nakamura is hinting at N's development, since we haven't seen any non-BW trio members and many rivals get development either. N's voice is perfectly fine, I never had an ideal VA in mind but he sounds good to me. N petting Pikacu is so cute as well as how he talks about Pikachu's voice. That violin-sounding music around 3:50 is new to me, it's really soothing and serene and fits an introduction scene like N's. He went through so much crap in the game and he's a very broken character despite having many exceptional things about himself.(Prodigy, Massive IQ, Can understand Pokemon, etc.) Oh, Satoshi your talk about Pikachu and you being at one is amazing. That really reminds me why I like that guy so much. Team Rocket seem okay so far also.

  3. #123
    You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,068
    Blog Entries
    797

    Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    Videos over 2 minutes long fall under copyright infringement. So any video previews can't be posted here. Sorry, guys. :(
    Team Fairy

    Sprites from Serebii.net

  4. #124
    Simpler times ahead Mitchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,734
    Blog Entries
    166

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    -What's with the floating cube next to the rockets?
    I think it is one of TR's capturing mechanics. I recall them using similiar things before.

    I like how Dento is kinda questioning N's ''gift'' of being able to hear what Pokémon are saying while Iris is being kinda naive and naturally believes him immediately. Kinda goes back to that ''science-Vs-supernatural'' argument they had, with Dento thinking that everything has a scientific explanation while Iris believes in spirits and unnatural things.
    Not surprising, the whole nature vs technology motif is rife throughout the entire franchise this gen, and its good that its being used this way.

  5. #125
    Mugiwara senpai! <3 Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    2,549
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    Feb. 2013 calender, saw it on #PM.


    Edit: Pendora, Beartic, Mienshao were seen captured by Plasma. And the Golbat belongs to the TP grunts. That leaves out Zangoose, Ampharos, Mareep and Seviper (could it be Musashi's?)
    Last edited by Adyniz; 2nd January 2013 at 11:26 PM.

  6. #126
    真実の英雄 smalllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town
    Posts
    1,383
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    I don't know if it's just me, but I think N's motor-mouth quality has been accurately portrayed.

    Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

  7. #127
    MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Olivine Lighthouse
    Posts
    5,123
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    It is quite unusual for this anime to air five or six minutes of a future episode through a special.

    This confirms that Ash and N will first interact here.

  8. #128

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    I'm so excited about this episode :D N and Satoshi are freaking adorable! I seriously can't wait! N said that Pikachu loved Satoshi, didn't he? And lol at Satoshi.

  9. #129
    ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    10,000
    Blog Entries
    24
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King
    This confirms that Ash and N will first interact here.
    We've known that for a while.


    I like how Satoshi had all this Japanese food in the background during his spiel about how he and Pikachu are in sync.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on October 21st, 2014


  10. #130
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    I seriously can't handle this oh wow N is going to kill me with his presence I DON'T CARE IF YOU PEG ME AS A RABID FANGIRL I'LL EMBRACE THAT TITLE JUST GIVE ME MORE N.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Satoshi proudly boasts that he and his Pikachu are one, saying that if he looks at Pikachu and Pikachu's hungry, then he feels hungry too! Iris looks at her Kibago and tells it that all that means is that he's always hungry.
    This was seriously great, I loved Iris's reaction to this, I love Ash, I love everything~

    N is seriously creeping, I can't believe that Ash isn't put off by this...in fact, they seem to be BEST BUDDIES right after their first encounter; it's kinda like the games where N was never really antagonistic towards the player, but rather curious and really wanting to understand your beliefs. Since N is presumably already dissented from Team Plasma, he might have already slackened his liberation ways? Who knows.

    But wow it's gonna be a battle of the green haired bishies for Ash's love hahahahaha

    "seasons change, people change"

  11. #131
    Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,568
    Blog Entries
    186

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    N's representation in the anime seems pretty nice right off the bat compared to PokeSpe where he's more of a man-child, antagonistic, and creepy and the games where he's just enigmatic and curious about the player's stance on things. Anime N comes off as somewhat cryptic yet kind. Though sometimes I feel there's too much appeal in N's "bishounen" appearance, sure he's got that but I just don't get how that makes him a great, amazing character. He did come off as a tad pretty boy-ish in the trailer, but it wasn't anything severe and hopefully that isn't one of the main things about his character when we already have a main character filling that role. Thankfully the P2 trailer part seemed to have more of a "Game-y' feel. I'm mainly interested in how they'll deal with his stance on Pokemon, he seems okay with Pikachu but I really hope they have him show his true colors toward trainers and Pokemon eventually but right here he comes as a nice guy who's okay with Kibago and Pikachu. He didn't objected to the Sommelier Science stuff either and Dento not believing in the "voices" of Pokemon. So, I digress. It's just his intro, so let's see where things take off from this point.

  12. #132

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    So they played a (roughly) five minute clip of this episode during this morning's New Year's special:

    - N is seen looking around the P2 Lab. He stumbles across a computer with Genosect's image on it but isn't able to see much before the screen goes black. He wonders what in the world was going on there.
    - Next we see Satoshi and the others on a boat. They pass by the P2 ruins and wonder what's there. Dent looks it up on his electronic map thingee and tells everyone that it used to be a building called the "P2 Lab."
    - The boat stops (for refueling, maybe?) and N's at the harbor. He looks up at Satoshi and Pikachu for some reason and just sort of stares for a bit. Dent and Iris ask Satoshi if he knows this guy, but Satoshi says that this is the first time he's ever seen him. He wonders why he's looking at them like that.
    - The Rocket trio, who are in disguise, spy on Satoshi and his friends.
    - The boat takes off again. Iris (I think?) suggests they all let their pokemon get some exercise by letting them battle. Satoshi agrees, adding that it'll be good practice for when they arrive at "the new gym in Hiougi City." They all head to a battlefield on another part of the boat.
    - Suddenly, N appears! Satoshi asks why he was looking at them earlier; N responds by saying that he could hear Pikachu's voice. He tells the group that he's able to hear his "friends'" voices, but Dent the Science Sommelier says that he finds that a bit hard to believe. Satoshi proudly boasts that he and his Pikachu are one, saying that if he looks at Pikachu and Pikachu's hungry, then he feels hungry too! Iris looks at her Kibago and tells it that all that means is that he's always hungry.
    - The clip ends with everyone introducing themselves and Satoshi shaking N's hand.


    The portion of the episode they showed used the same BW music we've been hearing for the past two years. There was one piece used in the P2 Lab scene that might have been new, but I'm not 100% sure.
    I wish someone would up this on YT, this would certainly make my day :D
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

  13. #133

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    So they played a (roughly) five minute clip of this episode during this morning's New Year's special:

    - N is seen looking around the P2 Lab. He stumbles across a computer with Genosect's image on it but isn't able to see much before the screen goes black. He wonders what in the world was going on there.
    - Next we see Satoshi and the others on a boat. They pass by the P2 ruins and wonder what's there. Dent looks it up on his electronic map thingee and tells everyone that it used to be a building called the "P2 Lab."
    - The boat stops (for refueling, maybe?) and N's at the harbor. He looks up at Satoshi and Pikachu for some reason and just sort of stares for a bit. Dent and Iris ask Satoshi if he knows this guy, but Satoshi says that this is the first time he's ever seen him. He wonders why he's looking at them like that.
    - The Rocket trio, who are in disguise, spy on Satoshi and his friends.
    - The boat takes off again. Iris (I think?) suggests they all let their pokemon get some exercise by letting them battle. Satoshi agrees, adding that it'll be good practice for when they arrive at "the new gym in Hiougi City." They all head to a battlefield on another part of the boat.
    - Suddenly, N appears! Satoshi asks why he was looking at them earlier; N responds by saying that he could hear Pikachu's voice. He tells the group that he's able to hear his "friends'" voices, but Dent the Science Sommelier says that he finds that a bit hard to believe. Satoshi proudly boasts that he and his Pikachu are one, saying that if he looks at Pikachu and Pikachu's hungry, then he feels hungry too! Iris looks at her Kibago and tells it that all that means is that he's always hungry.
    - The clip ends with everyone introducing themselves and Satoshi shaking N's hand.


    The portion of the episode they showed used the same BW music we've been hearing for the past two years. There was one piece used in the P2 Lab scene that might have been new, but I'm not 100% sure.
    I wish someone would up this on YT, this would certainly make my day :D
    I've already seen them up on YT though, I watched it on there and man does it look great. So far, I can't tell if Team Rocket is back normal as they are doing what they used such dressing up so they can't tell its them and trying to steal Pikachu but. Hehe, me being an AshxN shipper this entire preview made me loads happy, he just looks right at Ash and stairs at him for a really long time? Eeek.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

  14. #134
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Though sometimes I feel there's too much appeal in N's "bishounen" appearance, sure he's got that but I just don't get how that makes him a great, amazing character. He did come off as a tad pretty boy-ish in the trailer, but it wasn't anything severe and hopefully that isn't one of the main things about his character when we already have a main character filling that role.
    Are you kidding me, he's a downgrade from the games in terms of the looks department; not that being pretty-boyish is necessarily a BAD thing?? There's really no way they would focus on that much tho, he's not even portrayed like that in the games...he's too plot heavy and he probably doesn't even brush his hair

    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, but I think N's motor-mouth quality has been accurately portrayed.
    I don't think he particularly talked as quickly as it may have been implied in the games, but he certainly likes to talk XD He seems super amicable in the anime, but maybe it's just to Ash ;P

    "seasons change, people change"

  15. #135
    Registered User PTOldMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Coimbra, Portugal
    Posts
    244
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

    The scene with TR did not please. They were disguised, yes, but they were also speaking with their emotionless and boring voice. Please, don't...
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.


    Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •