PREVIEW: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!" - Page 3

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: BW 110 "'Friend'...His Name is N!"

I think BW has shown how integral they are to the show as a whole.

Moe
    Blog Entries

It's a sub-plot besides Ash's badge journey that's missing, not Team Rocket popping up every episode to steal Pikachu. N should have been introduced from the start, so that the storyline could have the same level of build up that it gets in the games, not put in all at once at the end because there's nothing left to do and half a year to fill.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    It's a sub-plot besides Ash's badge journey that's missing, not Team Rocket popping up every episode to steal Pikachu. N should have been introduced from the start, so that the storyline could have the same level of build up that it gets in the games, not put in all at once at the end because there's nothing left to do and half a year to fill.
    Exactly. It doesn't help matters that they seem to be basing the story on B2W2 (with notable deviations), rather than the prequel story which had a lot more substance. Of course, it wouldn't make sense to promote Black and White over the sequels, but that just goes to show how belated Episode N is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty
    Doesn't make much sense
    You're trying to make sense out of the BW Rocket trio. Nothing they do (and nothing the writers do *with* them) makes any sense.
    TR weren't supposed to make sense. When they did make sense (in BW), they became the cliched 'evil gang'. Since all their plans are doomed to fail anyway, why not get a few laughs along the way?
    Last edited by The One and Only RA; 19th December 2012 at 06:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

I'm pretty happy to see Snivy and Unfezant fighting in this episode, much better than Oshawott and Pignite

Quote Originally Posted by L-05308 View Post
    I'm pretty happy to see Snivy and Unfezant fighting in this episode, much better than Oshawott and Pignite
    I agree with you, only because Oshawott and Pignite have recently been used to battle Team Rocket or other Pokemon recently, whilst I don't think Snivy and Unfezant have. Oshawott and Piplup battles Dragonite and Onix and Pignite was sent out to battle those Cryogonal, but I don't think the snake and the bird have been used like that lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Playerking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L-05308 View Post
    I agree with you, only because Oshawott and Pignite have recently been used to battle Team Rocket or other Pokemon recently, whilst I don't think Snivy and Unfezant have. Oshawott and Piplup battles Dragonite and Onix and Pignite was sent out to battle those Cryogonal, but I don't think the snake and the bird have been used like that lately.
    I'm honestly hoping for some interactions between them, Snivy has such an intresting relationship with Emolga, it would be nice to see what Snivy thinks of the other girl in the family. I wouldn't count on it though, reserves rarely get to interact with the stars.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Why can't Ash ever use his boldore or palpitoad for these kinds of battles ever?
    L-05308 likes this.

Visit ShadowZone1996's Youtube Channel

But who says they've been ditched?

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So it seems Unfezant will be the one who will use Air Slash against Amoonguss and Frillish.

Aside from that, there is nothing truly significant about this episode that we haven't already seen. I felt that the events of this episode should have been transferred over to the last one. There is really no reason why there should be two episodes devoted to introducing N.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 19th December 2012 at 04:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

It's the earthquake's fault.

Can't wait for this episode! I think the writers will find a way to screw everything up, buuuut, it looks like a great episode to show how close Satoshi is with his Pokémon, and I love that, as unoriginal as it is XD
    Last edited by Satoshi_Pikachu; 19th December 2012 at 02:30 PM.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Moe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    No it isn't. There were several Team Plasma/N storyline elements from the games that had been skipped or reassigned to Team Rocket (like the Dreamyard) before the Rocket vs Plasma episode was to take place, and the lack of time cuts to the episodes that followed meant that there wasn't anything that was planned (at least in the short term) to follow up from the two-parter that was then dropped.

Ash meeting Zekrom is about the only indicator that there was a plan to use any aspect of the game's truth against ideals plot, and you could say that was just a plot convenience for Iris rather than planning for Ash meeting N.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    No it isn't. There were several Team Plasma/N storyline elements from the games that had been skipped or reassigned to Team Rocket (like the Dreamyard) before the Rocket vs Plasma episode was to take place, and the lack of time cuts to the episodes that followed meant that there wasn't anything that was planned (at least in the short term) to follow up from the two-parter that was then dropped.
    They were planning something different and to introduce Plasma in a different way, which I prefer than going by the same steps in the games. It's true that they could have introduced them earlier, but they chose not to. It's more interesting for me to use what's remaining of BW! to focus solely on Team Plasma instead of mashing it up with the badge quest.

This Space For Rent DynoStretch's Avatar

I could make a pun about earthquakes creating plothole faultlines, but that would be in bad taste. :x

So has there been any information of a new tournament or elite trainers yet? If not, we might very well have a new series devoted to Ash and his posse taking down Team Plasma, with Team Rocket on the side playing goofy side antagonists sometimes and allies other times.

Ash meeting Zekrom is about the only indicator that there was a plan to use any aspect of the game's truth against ideals plot, and you could say that was just a plot convenience for Iris rather than planning for Ash meeting N.
    I do hope Ash and Zekrom end up having a proper meeting. If Ash retains any brain cells he'd probably have some choice dialogue.

Zekrom: Ah, I remember you. You're that child with the Pikachu.
    Ash: Yeeeeaah... did do you know your little electric attack thing cost me a battle against a complete rookie and nerfed my Pikachu this entire region?
    Zekrom: Erm... uh... see I was feeling sick and...
    Ash: ...
    Pikachu: ...
    Zekrom: ...I'm going to have to help you guys in some thrilling climactic battle against N and my feather-crotched fraternal twin, huh?
    Ash: Yep.

....though maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up too much. I'm being way too positive about the Pokemon anime right now. o__o'
    The White Supremacy Alliance

- Shogun - Watt - Dharuma - Ectoplasm - Ragnorok - Balrog -

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 19th December 2012, 03:44 AM