PREVIEW: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!! - Page 6

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

To think I was hyped up for the next episodes. What the writers had in mind, srsly... >__>

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So wait....does this mean Ash won't be battling Virgil at all?
    If he doesn't battle him after he beats Kotetsu, then no.
    Hellwarden likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

Okay I think this might be the writers view point.

Ash started off in the Original Series as a complete moron who some how managed to get far in the pokemon league as an underdog.
    Problem is he isn't one anymore so it's only fitting for a new underdog, Koetsu to take his place by defeating him.

So I'm not actually angry about this.

Blog Entries

It was pretty obvious the league was going to be shit from the start, if the nature of the rest of BW is any indication. But lowering Ash's, rank is kinda sad. I guess even the writers knew they altered his development into something horrible this season, so made the league laughably bad too.

Ash's team looks to be getting heavily shafted in favor of Pikachu screen hogging.
    Last edited by Masurao; 7th December 2012 at 05:50 PM.
    MonkeyBoy210 likes this.

I have another clue to give us hope for Ash winning the 4th place in the Unova League. Let's check Ash's previous defeats in other Leagues:
    + In Kanto: Charizard refused to battle.
    + In Johto: Charizard lost against Blaziken. Before him, Blaziken had defeated Bayleef without any difficulties.
    + In Hoenn: Pikachu lost against Tyson's Meowth. Before that, Pikachu had some difficulties to finally defeat Metagross (who defeated Swellow and Grovyle); then it has to battle against a fresh Meowth without any damage.
    + In Sinnoh: Darkrai defeated Heracross, Torkoal and Gible. Sceptile finally defeated Darkrai, but then it was Latios' turn. Latios defeated Sceptile and Swellow. The last battle was Latios vs Pikachu, with both Pokemon knocked out. Since Tobias still had 4 Pokemon, victory was his.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say, as far as we know, Riolu/Lucario battle against at least 3 of Ash's Pokemon: Unfezant, Snivy and Pikachu. If Riolu/Lucario has taken enough damage from his previous battles, there's still a chance for Pikachu to win. Then just like with Ritchie, we only see short clips of Ash vs Virgil, with Ash losing at the end. Making Ash losing in his first Full Battle in Unova League is not worthy. Something tells me Virgil could win the tournament.

Well, opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Scizorhands View Post
    I have another clue to give us hope for Ash winning the 4th place in the Unova League. Let's check Ash's previous defeats in other Leagues:
    + In Johto: Charizard lost against Blaziken. Before him, Blaziken had defeated Bayleef without any difficulties.
    + In Hoenn: Pikachu lost against Tyson's Meowth. Before that, Pikachu had some difficulties to finally defeat Metagross (who defeated Swellow and Grovyle); then it has to battle against a fresh Meowth without any damage.
    + In Sinnoh: Darkrai defeated Heracross, Torkoal and Gible. Sceptile finally defeated Darkrai, but then it was Latios' turn. Latios defeated Sceptile and Swellow. The last battle was Latios vs Pikachu, with both Pokemon knocked out. Since Tobias still had 4 Pokemon, victory was his.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say, as far as we know, Riolu/Lucario battle against at least 3 of Ash's Pokemon: Unfezant, Snivy and Pikachu. If Riolu/Lucario has taken enough damage from his previous battles, there's still a chance for Pikachu to win. Then just like with Ritchie, we only see short clips of Ash vs Virgil, with Ash losing at the end. Making Ash losing in his first Full Battle in Unova League is not worthy. Something tells me Virgil could win the tournament.

Well, opinions?
    Difference is Pikachu has already battled and beaten at least 2 pokemon during the battle, so its not as if Pikachu is battling Lucario at 100%. And having montage battles against Virgil for the top spot would be an even worse way to end a league. I just can't see them Skipping over a Full 6 v 6 against a rival in the semi's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash's Battle Coach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scizorhands View Post

Well, opinions?
    Difference is Pikachu has already battled and beaten at least 2 pokemon during the battle, so its not as if Pikachu is battling Lucario at 100%. And having montage battles against Virgil for the top spot would be an even worse way to end a league. I just can't see them Skipping over a Full 6 v 6 against a rival in the semi's.
    But this is best wishes dude. I'd say considering its track record if Pikachu somehow pulls a 3rd win out of its moneymaker vs Kotetsu the final battle will be a montage.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    He's losing to Kotetsu, so no.
    Fixed that for you.

Maybe Ash will still battle Trip after all. Since Pokemon always reuse "old material", we could see here something like the last episode of Johto's League:
    + At first, and mainly, we see the battle between Ash's Charizard and Harrison's Blaziken. In the end, Charizard is defeated and Harrison pass to the next round.
    + Skip in time, we see the last seconds of the next round, where Harrison's Houndoom is defeated by a Rhyhorn, eliminating Harrison from the Tournament.
    + Skip in time, we see the last seconds of the final, where the trainer that defeated Harrison wins the tournament (his Rapidash defeated a Rhydon).
    + And yet, there was enough time for the main characters to say their goodbyes.

So, now Ash could do the same stuff that Harrison in the last episode:
    + At first, the last battle between Ash and Kotetsu, where Ash wins.
    + Skip in time, last seconds of next round, where Ash faces Virgil and lose against him. To avoid repeating an old defeat, mayeb the last round is Pikachu vs Umbreon.
    + Skip in time, last seconds of the final, where Virgil wins and becomes the champion.
    + And yet, there's enough time for the main characters to say goodbye.

Well, what do you think?
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Acceleration View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Except there's no reason to think that. We don't even have a summary yet!

WOAH... so Satoshi isn't going to battle Virgil and will only be making it to the Top 8?! Man, I thought this league was gonna suck before but this... this... I'm sorry but this is unforgivable. The writers are practically acknowledging that Satoshi has had a ton of development dropped.

You know, when he finished in Sinnoh, even though I wasn't happy about the way he was defeated I felt a bit reassured in that I believed that had Takuto not entered with Legends then Satoshi would have won the league... basically, I felt an end was in sight.

But now the Isshu League is ending with Satoshi bumped down in place along with his experience, wisdom and methods. It makes it seems pointless to even watch this show anymore, since the writers could pull this crap at anytime.
    MonkeyBoy210 and Gengarzilla like this.

Fixed that for you.
    What do you mean there's no reason to think that? Of course there is! its the last ep of the league, he's battling Kotetsu in it, Its called Lucario vs Pikachu, not Pikachu vs Eevee, and we do have a summary saying that he is battling Kotetsu and that Riolu evolves and Ash and Snivy are worried. By my count that's 4 reasons to think that Ash is losing to Kotetsu here. There's no mention of Virgil or the Eevee or the semi's or anything, so until we get any word on that, it is very reasonable for people to assume that Kotetsu beats Ash
    Hidden Mew and The Network like this.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Fixed that for you.
    And not only that but the series is unpredictable too. So something may happen before then.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash's Battle Coach View Post
    and we do have a summary saying that he is battling Kotetsu and that Riolu evolves and Ash and Snivy are worried.
    That's not about this episode though.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I honestly don't see how he could be battling Virgil. I seriously doubt that they would put Ash's last match in the last half or so of an episode. If he was going to battle Virgil, I imagine that it would get at least a full episode, if not an episode and a half as a wrap up for the League in general, but since this is the last episode of the Unova League, I don't think that's going to happen. It is still a possibility that they could go that route, especially when they've been rushing battles throughout BW, but I really doubt that they'll rush through Ash's last battle in the Unova League without giving it a full episode. Besides that, as bad as it may be for some for Ash to get into the Top 8 again, I think it would be far worse to not see his last battle in the Unova League. It would just be too unsatisfying for me. Although, being so excited at the thought of Lucario defeating Pikachu probably makes me a bit bias since I'd greatly prefer seeing that than Ash losing to Eeveeultions, if only because Lucario is much more awesome to me.
    Metan and martianmister like this.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast