PREVIEW: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!! - Page 21

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 354
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

  1. #301
    You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,884
    Blog Entries
    780

    Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    I do hope for Attract, but from Ash's perspective, it might be too risky. If Attract failed, he would have wasted time that could have been better spent on more offensive maneuvers.

    "Playing around?" Wrong.

  2. #302
    Le Noob The One and Only RA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    86

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I do hope for Attract, but from Ash's perspective, it might be too risky. If Attract failed, he would have wasted time that could have been better spent on more offensive maneuvers.
    When the writers decide that Ash must lose, even his best maneuvers are shown to be ineffective.
    The best example is from the Tobias battle - Ash's Heracross had Sleep Talk and Megahorn. I was stunned when I saw that that the writers had actually shown Ash using a strategy commonly used in countering Darkrai in competitive battles. But the end product was a totally unbelievable victory for a frail Darkrai (which fell at 1 hit from Sceptile).
    So even if the writers give Ash a creative strategy, they will still mess it up so he can't win.

  3. #303
    The Power of Electricity Jolty94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cianwood City, Johto
    Posts
    109
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    [QUOTE=The One and Only RA;4523674]
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    When the writers decide that Ash must lose, even his best maneuvers are shown to be ineffective.
    The best example is from the Tobias battle - Ash's Heracross had Sleep Talk and Megahorn. I was stunned when I saw that that the writers had actually shown Ash using a strategy commonly used in countering Darkrai in competitive battles.
    I agree, for me; that was a great moment in the Animé, and what she be done more often because if their aiming it at younger generations now, what better what to start than introducing them to it...

    I'm disappointed with this League completely though, I saw it coming from the very first episode of BW lol. Don't even get me started on the title. I love Pikachu, and it's the mascot of the franchise and everything, but seeing it again like this has made me change my views completely, it's being way too overdone.
    N is finished yet.

  4. #304
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,080
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only RA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I do hope for Attract, but from Ash's perspective, it might be too risky. If Attract failed, he would have wasted time that could have been better spent on more offensive maneuvers.
    When the writers decide that Ash must lose, even his best maneuvers are shown to be ineffective.
    The best example is from the Tobias battle - Ash's Heracross had Sleep Talk and Megahorn. I was stunned when I saw that that the writers had actually shown Ash using a strategy commonly used in countering Darkrai in competitive battles. But the end product was a totally unbelievable victory for a frail Darkrai (which fell at 1 hit from Sceptile).
    So even if the writers give Ash a creative strategy, they will still mess it up so he can't win.
    Yeah I know about rest talking Hera since I've had people use it vs my Darkrai in competitive before...stupid Bug/Fight resisting DP and FB and guts boosted CC/Megahron being a OHKO... and I was amazed too. It's a shame the writers stopped using strategies like this in BW. I don't even know why the writers are rushing the supposed high point of a season. If I had to rank the final fights of all regions it would be.

    Charizard vs Blaziken
    Pikachu vs Latios
    Pikachu vs Meowth
    Pikachu vs Lucario
    Ash being DQd.

  5. #305
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    I am still betting that Ash actually beats Lucario, but then Pikachu falls due to exhaustion, and Cameron wins anyway due to only using 5 pokemon compared to Ash's 6.

    Its cheap, but for some reason I think Pikachu won't actually lose to Lucario. I see a DOUBLE KO.
    djulienr and Rajagopal90 like this.

  6. #306
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    469

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I am still betting that Ash actually beats Lucario, but then Pikachu falls due to exhaustion, and Cameron wins anyway due to only using 5 pokemon compared to Ash's 6.

    Its cheap, but for some reason I think Pikachu won't actually lose to Lucario. I see a DOUBLE KO.
    Oh, I can totally see that coming D: I wonder if the writers are doing this just to annoy us? XD
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

  7. #307
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I am still betting that Ash actually beats Lucario, but then Pikachu falls due to exhaustion, and Cameron wins anyway due to only using 5 pokemon compared to Ash's 6.

    Its cheap, but for some reason I think Pikachu won't actually lose to Lucario. I see a DOUBLE KO.
    Oh, I can totally see that coming D: I wonder if the writers are doing this just to annoy us? XD
    No , Writer doing it because he hate Ash & his fans !

  8. #308
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Honestly, I disagree with those who say Kotetsu is an unskilled trainer. Sure, he's a bit idiotic, but honestly the fact he has a Sanzandora is a testament to his skills as a trainer. Think about it, what has one of BW's main plot lines been when it comes to Dragons? It's been that training and taming a Dragon is a true show of skill that a trainer has that only a choice few trainer can do, as much as I don't want to admit it, Kotetsu seemed better at using his Sanzandora than Iris did her Kairyu. The fact Kotetsu owns a Sanzandora should have spelled his skill out to everyone and unlike Shobu's or Kairyu, it was under perfectly fine control and really crippled Satoshi's team from the start. So, yeah, Kotetsu is a perfectly strong trainer. Plus his Riolu is definitely no push-over if it could wreck so much shit.

  9. #309
    You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,566
    Blog Entries
    28

    Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    I wonder if the writers are doing this just to annoy us? XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    No , Writer doing it because he hate Ash & his fans !
    Seriously, fans need to stop thinking like this. It's absurd.

    I hope Pikachu actually loses to Lucario, a double KO would be such a predictable way to end the match.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

  10. #310
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    I wonder if the writers are doing this just to annoy us? XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    No , Writer doing it because he hate Ash & his fans !
    Seriously, fans need to stop thinking like this. It's absurd.

    I hope Pikachu actually loses to Lucario, a double KO would be such a predictable way to end the match.
    Oh, God, yes.


    Someone on Serebii brought up the possibility that Tsutarja is recalled, Pikachu is KOed and then Tsutarja comes back out and knocks out Lucario. I like that idea, but it seems more like wishful thinking to be honest. Or that Pikachu and Lucario knock each other out and Tsutarja is the last Pokemon with Kotetsu finding his sixth.

  11. #311
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Oh, God, yes.


    Someone on Serebii brought up the possibility that Tsutarja is recalled, Pikachu is KOed and then Tsutarja comes back out and knocks out Lucario. I like that idea, but it seems more like wishful thinking to be honest. Or that Pikachu and Lucario knock each other out and Tsutarja is the last Pokemon with Kotetsu finding his sixth.
    I like that scenario because Pikachu got its revenge against Trip's Serperior and took out 2 Pokemon in this battle like Pignite did. It would be great to see Snivy shine because the last time I remember it doing something major was helping coach Tepig along to get over its harsh trainer from the past.

    Seems like Circle Throw, Force Palm and Aura Sphere are used in the preview. If it follows the downloadable tournament then it will still know Copycat. I think the summary says that it has evolved and learned new moves instead of move. So, I'm wondering if Lucario has a new move in place of copycat.

    Would be interesting to see Snivy use a new technique. If I'm right its the only Pokemon Ash caught in Unova that has the same moveset since the episode it was caught in.

  12. #312
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    I wonder if the writers are doing this just to annoy us? XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    No , Writer doing it because he hate Ash & his fans !
    Seriously, fans need to stop thinking like this. It's absurd.

    I hope Pikachu actually loses to Lucario, a double KO would be such a predictable way to end the match.
    It was a joke. Jeez.

    But I do think the league's been pretty lame so far. My main problem is that it's rushed as hell, but I do think a double KO would suck. Not because I think Kotetsu's a bad trainer (he's just annoying and stupid), but because it's the same outcome as last league and allowing Kotetsu to win when it was his fault he only had 5 Pokémon is just plain unfair.
    Hidden Mew likes this.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

  13. #313
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,080
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Honestly, I disagree with those who say Kotetsu is an unskilled trainer. Sure, he's a bit idiotic, but honestly the fact he has a Sanzandora is a testament to his skills as a trainer. Think about it, what has one of BW's main plot lines been when it comes to Dragons? It's been that training and taming a Dragon is a true show of skill that a trainer has that only a choice few trainer can do, as much as I don't want to admit it, Kotetsu seemed better at using his Sanzandora than Iris did her Kairyu. The fact Kotetsu owns a Sanzandora should have spelled his skill out to everyone and unlike Shobu's or Kairyu, it was under perfectly fine control and really crippled Satoshi's team from the start. So, yeah, Kotetsu is a perfectly strong trainer. Plus his Riolu is definitely no push-over if it could wreck so much shit.
    It's the anime where pokemon evolve when they want to, not based on amount of experience, just look at Ash's Charizard who evolved fully in less than 50 episodes but his Squirtle still has yet to show any signs of evolution despite being use as much if not more.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I am still betting that Ash actually beats Lucario, but then Pikachu falls due to exhaustion, and Cameron wins anyway due to only using 5 pokemon compared to Ash's 6.

    Its cheap, but for some reason I think Pikachu won't actually lose to Lucario. I see a DOUBLE KO.
    Color me impressed, the new summary practically states it.
    Last edited by Hoopa; 28th December 2012 at 10:19 PM.

  14. #314
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    I wonder if the writers are doing this just to annoy us? XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    No , Writer doing it because he hate Ash & his fans !
    Seriously, fans need to stop thinking like this. It's absurd.

    I hope Pikachu actually loses to Lucario, a double KO would be such a predictable way to end the match.
    Oh Really !!!
    A Trainer who's too stupid to bring only 5 pokemon get to be Top 4 and have a team full of fully evolve pokemon while Ash lose , Thats is fair huh !
    What if Ash was one with 5 pokemon ?
    What if Ash defect Trip without bring out his 6th Pokemon ?
    Then You would shout about how unfair thats was !!!
    But it isn't unfair when Kotetsu does it , huh ????
    There isn't anything with wrong Ash beating Kotetsu and lose to virgil in a 10 minute Battle.
    Atleast , Nobody would be piss by this.
    But Writer chose Kotetsu to win just so he can challenge Virgil with 5 pokemon again which will defiantly piss majority of people !
    Oh so fairrrrrr !
    Now thing like Tactic seem so worthless since A idiot can win it all with nothing but brute force .
    But Writer chose to do this and you want everyone to believe that Writer does hate Ash but love him.
    Kotetsu deserve to lose this because its his own fault for not bring a 6th pokemon !
    A trainer like that doesn't deserve to be in Top 4.
    Haying a Lucario doesn't make him worthy !
    Because A Trainer is more important then his Pokemon!
    As far as I know , Kotetsu probably just plain lucky that he has fully evolve pokemon.
    Like , how all Iris pokemon are fully developed then Ash !
    Does She work harder then Ash because she has a Dragonite ?
    If You like to be fair so much then why don't you try to show that fairness toward other character rather then poking just Ash's Butt.
    Being truly fair or pretending to be fair is 2 different thing .
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 29th December 2012 at 04:31 AM.

  15. #315
    Moe
    Moe is offline
    Registered User Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    949
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Oh Really !!!
    A Trainer who's too stupid to bring only 5 pokemon get to be Top 4 and have a team full of fully evolve pokemon while Ash lose , Thats is fair huh !
    What if Ash was one with 5 pokemon ?
    What if Ash defect Trip without bring out his 6th Pokemon ?
    Then You would shout about how unfair thats was !!!
    How would that be unfair? If it only takes you 5 Pokemon to win, then you're clearly better than the other trainer who needed 6 to still lose. Cameron will deserve to win this battle, even if it is the double knockout situation - because he has a Pokemon left (I'm sure he will actually have a sixth regardless of his surprise at it being not 5 on 5) and was still able to win.

    You can complain about Cameron being made as strong as he is, but I don't for a second have an issue with him winning in the circumstance.

    There isn't anything with wrong Ash beating Kotetsu and lose to virgil in a 10 minute Battle.
    Atleast , Nobody would be piss by this.
    I would be mightily annoyed if he lost a final league battle in 10 minutes to anyone.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •