PREVIEW: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!! - Page 15
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 354

Thread: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

  1. #211
    アルギンX ArginX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hodomoe City
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArginX View Post
    It's been said before, but 'Crecelia VS Darkrai' comes distinctly to mind. And mind you, I remember watching the actual preview for the episode as well and continuing to believe that the battle between the two legends would be the primary focus of the episode. I think most other people got the same impression from the preview as well. The fact that the said fight lasted, quite literally, less than a single minute is a case in point, to say the least.
    It was still the climax of that episode. The rest of it was build-up.
    I'm not sure that is really relevant. If it is, though, haven't they given the end of league battles the mid-episode treatment while making them out to be much more in the previews? Iirc the preview for Lizardon VS Bursyamo didn't give the impression that the battle would be abruptly finished within the first few minutes of the following episode.

  2. #212
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,729
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ArginX View Post
    I'm not sure that is really relevant. If it is, though, haven't they given the end of league battles the mid-episode treatment while making them out to be much more in the previews? Iirc the preview for Lizardon VS Bursyamo didn't give the impression that the battle would be abruptly finished within the first few minutes of the following episode.
    Now I'm not sure what your point is. I don't expect this episode to be spent entirely on the end of the battle, but I highly doubt that there will be time for something more important like another battle. Charizard VS Blaziken was followed by a plot about Gary deciding to become a researcher, but that wasn't the real focus of the episode.

  3. #213
    Justice HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Another Plane
    Posts
    1,136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    If Ash really loses here, getting Top 8, then he hasn't really went lower than Top 4 or was downgraded as some are saying here. He's technically got the same rank, so if he said that his performance has been weaker, then he'd be lying to the audience and to himself. Now you'll ask, how can that be? It's simple. It's an illusion. Your mind hasn't calculated everything.

    How many participants were there in the Sinnoh League? 64. How many are there in the Unova League? 128. Ash beat the same amount of opponents, four, to get to the rank that he is now. Where is the downgrade? I'm not seeing it. If I recall correctly, in every League that Ash has competed in, he has always beaten four trainers and then lost the battle against the next trainer. So therefore, this League isn't any different than the 4 before it.

  4. #214
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    213

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    If Ash really loses here, getting Top 8, then he hasn't really went lower than Top 4 or was downgraded as some are saying here. He's technically got the same rank, so if he said that his performance has been weaker, then he'd be lying to the audience and to himself. Now you'll ask, how can that be? It's simple. It's an illusion. Your mind hasn't calculated everything.

    How many participants were there in the Sinnoh League? 64. How many are there in the Unova League? 128. Ash beat the same amount of opponents, four, to get to the rank that he is now. Where is the downgrade? I'm not seeing it. If I recall correctly, in every League that Ash has competed in, he has always beaten four trainers and then lost the battle against the next trainer. So therefore, this League isn't any different than the 4 before it.
    Wrong.

    Ash fought multiple matches at the prelims in johto, some in short but you counted swalot girl and in Hoenn he beat five. Also as evidenced by backround character not getting bracketed there was an off screen cut down in Sinnoh league. Also you don't have all the varibles they could be more trainers in certain leagues because of population yes or gym difficulty. And if calculate how well he did by how many trainers are higher than him aka distance from the goal Ash would have a higher distance. Also in both his previous leagues after OS he lost to winner being the second strongest in Sinnoh I doubt they would introduce Virgil just to have him lose to Kotetsu.
    I am not a Nyanners fan. I am an addict. Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life. I want my soul back. :(

  5. #215
    Justice HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Another Plane
    Posts
    1,136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    If Ash really loses here, getting Top 8, then he hasn't really went lower than Top 4 or was downgraded as some are saying here. He's technically got the same rank, so if he said that his performance has been weaker, then he'd be lying to the audience and to himself. Now you'll ask, how can that be? It's simple. It's an illusion. Your mind hasn't calculated everything.

    How many participants were there in the Sinnoh League? 64. How many are there in the Unova League? 128. Ash beat the same amount of opponents, four, to get to the rank that he is now. Where is the downgrade? I'm not seeing it. If I recall correctly, in every League that Ash has competed in, he has always beaten four trainers and then lost the battle against the next trainer. So therefore, this League isn't any different than the 4 before it.
    Wrong.

    Ash fought multiple matches at the prelims in johto, some in short but you counted swalot girl and in Hoenn he beat five. Also as evidenced by backround character not getting bracketed there was an off screen cut down in Sinnoh league. Also you don't have all the varibles they could be more trainers in certain leagues because of population yes or gym difficulty. And if calculate how well he did by how many trainers are higher than him aka distance from the goal Ash would have a higher distance. Also in both his previous leagues after OS he lost to winner being the second strongest in Sinnoh I doubt they would introduce Virgil just to have him lose to Kotetsu.
    How many matches in Johto exactly? If I recall correctly, to get in the finals, Ash needed to beat 2 trainers. I don't think we know if he beat the third. It's been a long time since I watched it. 64 trainers still competed in that League. Actually, we do have all the variables. 256 in Kanto, 200 in Johto, 256 in Hoenn, 64 in Sinnoh, and 128 in Unova.

  6. #216
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    213

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    If Ash really loses here, getting Top 8, then he hasn't really went lower than Top 4 or was downgraded as some are saying here. He's technically got the same rank, so if he said that his performance has been weaker, then he'd be lying to the audience and to himself. Now you'll ask, how can that be? It's simple. It's an illusion. Your mind hasn't calculated everything.

    How many participants were there in the Sinnoh League? 64. How many are there in the Unova League? 128. Ash beat the same amount of opponents, four, to get to the rank that he is now. Where is the downgrade? I'm not seeing it. If I recall correctly, in every League that Ash has competed in, he has always beaten four trainers and then lost the battle against the next trainer. So therefore, this League isn't any different than the 4 before it.
    Wrong.

    Ash fought multiple matches at the prelims in johto, some in short but you counted swalot girl and in Hoenn he beat five. Also as evidenced by backround character not getting bracketed there was an off screen cut down in Sinnoh league. Also you don't have all the varibles they could be more trainers in certain leagues because of population yes or gym difficulty. And if calculate how well he did by how many trainers are higher than him aka distance from the goal Ash would have a higher distance. Also in both his previous leagues after OS he lost to winner being the second strongest in Sinnoh I doubt they would introduce Virgil just to have him lose to Kotetsu.
    How many matches in Johto exactly? If I recall correctly, to get in the finals, Ash needed to beat 2 trainers. I don't think we know if he beat the third. It's been a long time since I watched it. 64 trainers still competed in that League. Actually, we do have all the variables. 256 in Kanto, 200 in Johto, 256 in Hoenn, 64 in Sinnoh, and 128 in Unova.
    No we don't Heatran guy was rejected and so was Marowak Luxray guy. And you didn't account for the Losing to a guy who loses thing which is far less impressive than beating a third of the team of the guy who swept every one else including gym leaders.

    I'm done we still don't know the population or how the difficulty of the gym leader compared to each other or how high battle enthuism is or what have have you. Tons of varibles right there.
    I am not a Nyanners fan. I am an addict. Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life. I want my soul back. :(

  7. #217
    Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    In any case, Ash won't be defeated by a Darkrai and Latios this time, but instead by more common Pokemon. That's got to account for something.

  8. #218
    Justice HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Another Plane
    Posts
    1,136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    In any case, Ash won't be defeated by a Darkrai and Latios this time, but instead by more common Pokemon. That's got to account for something.
    It's not like Ash was on equal ground with the two, except for maybe Latios.

  9. #219
    Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    It's not like Ash was on equal ground with the two, except for maybe Latios.
    Yet he faired better than any one else against the two powerhouses (every other one of Tobias' opponents could hardly even scratch Darkrai, much less defeat just that one), so he was still a top contender to win the whole thing if Tobias didn't enter. Only Paul and maybe Conway could have done just as well.

    That's besides the point, anyway; the point I was making is that there are no trainers with uber legendaries to stop him in his tracks this time, so the fact that he's going out by an "ordinary" trainer doesn't make him look like he's as skilled a trainer as he was before.

  10. #220
    Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Truly Free State of Somalia
    Posts
    1,255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    551

    Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Great job writers.

    You may have made one of the worst leagues ever. Either way, if Ash loses to Kotetsu or Virgil, it'll suck in different ways. They backed themselves in a bad corner.

    If Episode N sucks, this can be worser than Kanto.
    Avatar credit is here.



  11. #221
    Shurororororo Playerking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,857
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Last edited by Playerking; 20th December 2012 at 07:55 AM. Reason: What, I put the video on to some Bulbagarden link. Didn't know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

  12. #222
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,729
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    So it turns out that Kotetsu forgot to bring a sixth Pokémon for the battle. The writers wouldn't do that if they wanted Ash to win.

    They're definitely making it seem that Ash has regressed by having him lose to such a scatter-brained trainer. Kotetsu's Pokémon may be strong, but he doesn't use them well.

  13. #223
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Whether or not Satoshi has regressed has nothing to do with this episode either.

  14. #224
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Whether or not Satoshi has regressed has nothing to do with this episode either.
    Lol, him losing at lower position, and being defeated by a trainer using less Pokemon is a part of the episode. So, yes him doing worse IS a part of the episode.

  15. #225
    Justice HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Another Plane
    Posts
    1,136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Whether or not Satoshi has regressed has nothing to do with this episode either.
    Lol, him losing at lower position, and being defeated by a trainer using less Pokemon is a part of the episode. So, yes him doing worse IS a part of the episode.
    First of all, it's not a lower position. As I said, it's pretty much the same one. And you could say the same of being defeated by a trainer using less Pokemon with Tobias, who only used 2 to beat 6. With that logic, then Ash has done better this time :P.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •