PREVIEW: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!! - Page 14
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Blog Entries

Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Regardless of reasoning, the finishing position is a deliberate choice - otherwise why have two rounds of COTD battles after Trip when all they serve is to bump Ash's final spot up?

Assuming there's logic to it other than picking a number, Ash having a worse finishing position than the previous league can only mean one of two things, Ash didn't do as well at training for the league or the competition was much stronger. Otherwise consistent writing should mean that someone just as good doing the same thing again should achieve similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Assuming there's logic to it other than picking a number, Ash having a worse finishing position than the previous league can only mean one of two things, Ash didn't do as well at training for the league or the competition was much stronger. Otherwise consistent writing should mean that someone just as good doing the same thing again should achieve similar results.
    It definitely doesn't seem that the competition is stronger than in past leagues. And no, by that I am not referring to Kotetsu or Virgil, but to all those past COTDs who never seemed strong.

IMO Paul would absolutely dominate this league, including Ash

No one this league has really come across as being overly powerful. Most seem to have one major powerhouse (Serperior, Sawk, Emboar), whilst Kotetsu has a couple but seems like a complete moron, and Virgil at the moment doesn't have anything that really stands out above the rest. The only pokemon on Ash's team edging towards Powerhouse territory would be Krookodile {excluding Pikachu).

Im still backing Virgil to take home the title
    Last edited by Ashs Battle Coach; 19th December 2012 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    He's not losing in the Top 8.
    Are you serious?? How do you know that?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    He's not losing in the Top 8.
    Prove it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Regardless of reasoning, the finishing position is a deliberate choice - otherwise why have two rounds of COTD battles after Trip when all they serve is to bump Ash's final spot up?

They skipped two battles just to bump Ash up a rank. If they didn't care about his rank he could have come in the Top 16 again.

Also everytime a league ended, they would purposely have Brock state to the audience what rank Ash got. When Ash lost to Tobias, Brock said, "This is the first time Ash has made it to the Top 4," as if the writers wanted everyone to know that.

Granted I could see them rushing the Virgil battle into this ep, assuming Pikachu Vs. Lucario ends after the first 5 minutes. The Virgil match would be rushed like hell, but I wouldn't put it passed the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Granted I could see them rushing the Virgil battle into this ep, assuming Pikachu Vs. Lucario ends after the first 5 minutes.
    The title, summary and preview all imply that the remainder of the Kotetsu battle will take up more than five minutes. I don't see why there wouldn't be hype about Ash battling Virgil.

Also everytime a league ended, they would purposely have Brock state to the audience what rank Ash got. When Ash lost to Tobias, Brock said, "This is the first time Ash has made it to the Top 4," as if the writers wanted everyone to know that.
    Maybe they'll have Ash at least acknowledge that he did worse, so as to establish some sort of continuity.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

All I know that Ash will be finished after he lose to Kotetsu !
    It was harder to redeem Ash by letting him win the league (Unless its a big win) after Junior Cup and Trip But now its IMPOSSIBLE .
    No Matter what happen in a stinking filler ark (Nothing good offcourse) Ash will remain lame for rest of his life .

Ash have nothing to redeem himself as a more experienced Trainer in Best Wishes, he didn't even win one contest, Its like even you can't get the Premier League Champion, get a League Cup and FA Cup will be good enough to redeem the team. Not winning anything is not enough to redeem a character.

He have failed miserably in this Generation, N can help to rescue Best Wishes but its like a TV Programme rated 1/10 and even N is the most awesomest character in the universe, he can only make it to 5/10, no better.

First, someone said that him losing all competition is to setup that he will win the league... but... you know....

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So Ash and Kotetsu both have two pokemon at the start of this episode, and Ash will lose to Kotetsu's fifth. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    So Ash and Kotetsu both have two pokemon at the start of this episode, and Ash will lose to Kotetsu's fifth. It's sad.
    I don't think it's been stated how many Pokemon Kotetsu has left this episode, we just know Lucario is his supposed last resort. Then again, scans have lied before (Bianca being a threat in this league comes to mind.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Maybe they'll have Ash at least acknowledge that he did worse, so as to establish some sort of continuity.
    Or not since BW doesn't give a rat's ass about continuity. Even if you count dawn's cameos we got nothing about her contests other than the wallace cup was held in johto of all places.

Hopefully Eevee can thrash Kotetsu something fierce.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Granted I could see them rushing the Virgil battle into this ep, assuming Pikachu Vs. Lucario ends after the first 5 minutes.
    The title, summary and preview all imply that the remainder of the Kotetsu battle will take up more than five minutes. I don't see why there wouldn't be hype about Ash battling Virgil.
    It's been said before, but 'Crecelia VS Darkrai' comes distinctly to mind. And mind you, I remember watching the actual preview for the episode as well and continuing to believe that the battle between the two legends would be the primary focus of the episode. I think most other people got the same impression from the preview as well. The fact that the said fight lasted, quite literally, less than a single minute is a case in point, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by ArginX View Post
    It's been said before, but 'Crecelia VS Darkrai' comes distinctly to mind. And mind you, I remember watching the actual preview for the episode as well and continuing to believe that the battle between the two legends would be the primary focus of the episode. I think most other people got the same impression from the preview as well. The fact that the said fight lasted, quite literally, less than a single minute is a case in point, to say the least.
    It was still the climax of that episode. The rest of it was build-up.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast