PREVIEW: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!! - Page 13
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Blog Entries

Follow Sweet Veil on Tumblr

Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    He hasn't regressed at all.
    So the writers are having him likely lose in Top 8, and lose every tournament he's entered into in Unova shows he's improved?
    Anime nerds don't matter, the writers aren't writing this show for us. They're doing what they're doing for their sake, they don't give a shit or most likely know we even exist thus aren't acknowledging Satoshi "regressing". Seriously, people have learn that because it's getting ridiculous when there are a shitton of false claims flying around that the writers eliminating Shooti round 1 is telling us they realized their mistakes with Shooti or the writers only have Dawn get dressed up in girly stuff as "fanservice."WTF, she's 10 and this is a kids' show. The writers don't write this show for anime nerds, they write for people who are learning their ABCs and that two plus two equals four.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Anime nerds don't matter, the writers aren't writing this show for us.
    It doesn't matter who the target audience are. The story the writers are telling isn't very good, regardless of whether or not they care about it.

No one is forcing you to watch it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It doesn't matter who the target audience are. The story the writers are telling isn't very good, regardless of whether or not they care about it.
    I never said that, I said that when people are making bullshit claims like Shooti being knocked out of the Isshu League early is the writer's way of admitting they fucked up with him or Satoshi getting the Top 8 in the Isshu League is them admitting they regressed him is crap because people seem to be under the illusion that the shows being written specifically for them when the writers aren't even aware we exist most likely ._.

At least there was logical progression with Ash before BW, regardless of whether or not the "show is written for us." Despite the fact you're one of the few who actually adamantly supports Best Wishes, I don't think you can deny that Ash isn't exactly the trainer he was in AG or DP. Which goes against the writers actually establishing Ash improving each region.

Blog Entries

At least there was logical progression with Ash, regardless of whether or not the "show is written for us." Despite the fact you're one of the few who actually adamantly supports Best Wishes, I don't think you can deny that Ash isn't the trainer he was in AG or DP. Which goes against the writers actually establishing Ash improving each region.
    Um...not quite Masurao. I think BW has its flaws just like every other series. I can admit that Iris' Dragonite was overpowered as shit in the Junior Cup, or that Shooti isn't that interesting at all, Iris' Kibago learning Outrage out of the blue like that was an eyebrow raiser, or that Dento has stagnated. I'm just one of the few not constantly harping on my vices all the time so you never notice. I mean seriously how many threads do we need for pressed fans to bitch about Best Wishes and pine for the good ole' days of DP? If you want to know my favorite series, that actually is AG.

The writers establishing Satoshi improving every series is nothing but fan interpretation, there's no direct proof whatsoever they're trying to drive home that or tell us that.
    Last edited by Sweet Veil; 19th December 2012 at 03:23 AM.

The writers establishing Satoshi improving every series is nothing but fan interpretation, there's no direct proof whatsoever they're trying to drive home that or tell us that.
    I guess Brock acknowledging that "Ash getting Top 4 for the first time in a League" in Sinnoh is supposed to be just ignored?

Blog Entries

I guess Brock acknowledging that "Ash getting Top 4 for the first time in a League" in Sinnoh is supposed to be just ignored?
    I don't see why in the world you think that Satoshi getting top 8 is the writers "admitting" to us almighty fans that are dwarfed by the true target audience that they "fucked up". ._.

I don't see why in the world you think that Satoshi getting top 8 is the writers "admitting" to us almighty fans that are dwarfed by the true target audience that they "fucked up".
    I don't think that's what he's getting at. It just shows that they don't care, which is worse than admitting that they did something wrong.

Blog Entries

I don't see why in the world you think that Satoshi getting top 8 is the writers "admitting" to us almighty fans that are dwarfed by the true target audience that they "fucked up".
    I don't think that's what he's getting at. It just shows that they don't care, which is worse than admitting that they did something wrong.
    ...How the heck does that show they don't care? ._. Because the battles aren't as good as DP's? Because he didn't get a high marking as DP's? Seems more like a blurred line between fan ideals and opinions and actual facts. Claiming the writers are acknowledging their problems or supposed accidents with Satoshi making Top 8 is just plan unreasonable, because they don't know even we exist. Especially not Americans on the other side of the world.

Claiming the writers are acknowledging their problems or supposed accidents with Satoshi making Top 8 is just plan unreasonable, because they don't know even we exist. Especially not Americans on the other side of the world.
    That isn't what I'm saying, so please stop bringing it up. My point is simple: The writers did make a big deal about Ash making it to the Top 4 in Sinnoh and his aspiring to enter the Champion League one day. All of that means nothing now, which is jarring because they definitely mapped out the general outline of Best Wishes when they wrote the last batch of DP episodes. The foreshadowing in Team Rocket's case did mean something, but Ash's case is completely different for whatever reason.

Blog Entries

That isn't what I'm saying, so please stop bringing it up. My point is simple: The writers did make a big deal about Ash making it to the Top 4 in Sinnoh and his aspiring to enter the Champion League one day. All of that means nothing now, which is jarring because they definitely mapped out the general outline of Best Wishes when they wrote the last DP episodes.
    How does it mean nothing now? Because the writing style isn't up to par, right? :P And the writers are doing it wrong.

It means none of us have a clue what the plan is/was or if/why things changed.

Satoshi is going to be on the show forever. What progress or lack there of he makes doesn't really matter.

How does it mean nothing now? Because the writing style isn't up to par, right? :P
    Because nothing indicates that Ash wants to improve and has a long-term goal that doesn't end the minute he loses in a league.

Blog Entries

How does it mean nothing now? Because the writing style isn't up to par, right? :P
    Because nothing indicates that Ash wants to improve and has a long-term goal that doesn't end the minute he loses in a league.
    Except the fact the writers have him go on and on about getting stronger and training every episode and most likely are just gonna have him being fired up for the next adventure like always regardless of him losing the league....yeah. Typical Shounen, he is XD

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast