PREVIEW: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!! - Page 12

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 354
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

  1. #166
    The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    2,412
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    From Pokemon Fan magazine: Not that interesting though.

  2. #167
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    They're trying so hard not to spoil the fact that Ash loses, even though there's no more league episodes left.

  3. #168
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,082
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Well at least that should shut up the people thinking Dino or katherine could win.

  4. #169
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,211
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    What the crap is this?

    Or what is this crap?

    I saw the leaked preview. Can you say Pikachu over glorification, with me?

    How the hell does it make any sense, to make Pikachu beat 2 of Kotetsu's Pokémon, and have Ash do so poorly otherwise, that HE has to RELY on Pikachu to apparently beat Kotetsu (if was going to).

    Here's why Kotetsu is a bad inclusion into the anime: He's given strong Pokémon that fall into his lap, and pretty much outside of Riolu (which is going to change) he has fully evolved Pokémon, and despite his "scatterbrained" he's given wins left and right.

    You can call Ash stupid all you want, but Kotetsu takes that whole "scatterbrained" to a WHOLE new level, and despite that he magically pulls wins out of his ass, or the writers are just pulling bad writing out there asses. And before you argue, I have no idea how you justify Pikachu beating two of Kotetsu's Pokémon, apparently relying on it SO much that he has to win with it or he loses, all that as good writing? Just try to justify it.

    The even sadder thing, is Unfezant is Ash's ONLY fully evolved Pokémon in this battle.

    So right now:
    Pikachu: 2 wins if not more
    Pignite: 2 wins if not more
    And Kotetsu has a mysterious Pokémon that has yet to be revealed battling anyone.

    Wow, they really screwed this battle over, as well as the league. But I get it. Instead of overusing anyone not named Pikachu, each Pokémon only gets one battle, win or no win, just so the league can be a measly 6 episodes, one of which was primarily about Axew, just so they can get over with it and not put much effort into it.

    Good lord, what the hell is this? What happened to Tomioka? He's apparently not writing any of the league episodes, apparently not even overseeing the episodes. Did something bad happen to him?

    Because I can't think of why anyone approve of this league happening the way it is, even if it was to move on to the filler saga, because surely 1 more episode (and reworking the Axew episode so it wasn't 99% filler), could not have been that difficult to pull off. Especially since we're guaranteed at least a few fillers during "Episode N."

  5. #170
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    These are dark days in Pokemon anime history, I sense storm clouds looming. :D

  6. #171
    Moe
    Moe is offline
    Registered User Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    948
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Considering Pikachu is the only one of Ash's Pokemon with him in BW that he's trained to any decent extent it shouldn't be surprising it's one of the only ones that can win battles against trainers who actually have tried.

  7. #172
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    I'm not really surprised this league seems so lazily done. I hope Ash actually states that he regressed, so as to confirm what this season has made blatantly obvious.
    Isaac Gravity likes this.

  8. #173
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    He hasn't regressed at all.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

  9. #174
    Shurororororo Playerking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,847

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

  10. #175
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    He hasn't regressed at all.
    So the writers are having him likely lose in Top 8, and lose every tournament he's entered into in Unova shows he's improved?

  11. #176
    Clap Clap Musashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    16,983
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    He's not losing in the Top 8.

  12. #177
    Easy listening Masurao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,313
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    If you say so. :P

    But given how he's been handled in the tournaments this region...I wouldn't be surprised if he get's axed off in a lower rank.

  13. #178
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,211
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    He's not losing in the Top 8.
    Given how much focus on the leaked preview was between Lucario vs Snivy and Pikachu, I honestly can't imagine what kind of weird ass battle that will take place after Ash were to hypothetically beat Kotetsu. Because I don't even want to know what a five to ten minute full battle will look like.
    ---------

    You know, it's kind of sad how the writers are pitying Kotetsu. I mean he's scatterbrained, he relies on his Pokémon's brute strength, and he thinks he lost to Ash (in the manga scan) when actually the battle is still going on, and because he's being pitied like that, he's actually likely going to win.

  14. #179
    Shurororororo Playerking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,847

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    He's not losing in the Top 8.
    Then why has there been no mention or showing of his top 4 battle?

    I'd love it if you were right, but I don't think it will be the case.
    Bubble Frog and martianmister like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

  15. #180
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    468

    Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    He's not losing in the Top 8.
    All signs point to that being the case. Sorry

    The battle looks good at least, so that's something. Im guessing the rest of this episode will just show montage stuff of the other battles, Virgil/Tuxedo guy, maybe a Virgil/Kotetsu battle in the semi's (or tuxedo guy) and then show who wins the whole thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    He hasn't regressed at all.
    So the writers are having him likely lose in Top 8, and lose every tournament he's entered into in Unova shows he's improved?
    Not to mention his last gym battle, where he battled with double the amount of pokemon and only just scraped the win
    Last edited by Ashs Battle Coach; 19th December 2012 at 02:43 AM.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •