PREVIEW: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Default BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

BW108/BWS2-24: Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu!

Airs: 10th of January

Summary

Quote Originally Posted by 捷克羅姆 View Post
    Here's the summary:
    The Isshu League fiercely continues into the fourth round. Ash and Kotetsu's battle continues to become even more extreme. Kotetsu's partner Riolu then evolves into the Wave Pokemon Lucario. With all of its moves powered up plus learning a new move, Satoshi and Tsutarja are both cornered...

Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKdDyxf7j-s
    Last edited by Playerking; 19th December 2012 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Added preview tag
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BW108: 決着イッシュリーグ!ピカチュウ対ルカリオ!!

Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu!

that's pretty blatant...

Blog Entries

Default re: BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

...What

So, in other words, Ash loses to Kotetsu? Or does he beat Kotetsu and then loses to Virgil at the end...?

This is really shitty. We'll only get to see Ash battle three real battles, with one of them being a 1v1 at that.
    Dark Hurricane likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Well, the title's pretty similar to DP188, except replace "Rival Battle" with "Unova League". The title could be trying to mislead us or I'm just in the denial mode because of Episode N.

EDIT:
    Here's the summary:
    The Isshu League fiercely continues into the fourth round. Ash and Kotetsu's battle continues to become even more extreme. Kotetsu's partner Riolu then evolves into the Wave Pokemon Lucario. With all of its moves powered up plus learning a new move, Satoshi and Tsutarja are both cornered...
    Last edited by 捷克羅姆; 7th December 2012 at 08:22 AM.

Oh yeah, forgot to say, Snivy is mentioned here, so she might be battling in the Kotetsu battle.

Blog Entries

....You're lessening my reason for saying BW is technically superior to the original saga unless you consider it a comedy, which it's inferior to. This is completely stupid, but for emulating the original saga, it's fitting. If it wasn't for the promise of different standards in the next saga, I would've walked away and never returned by now.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Translate the Summary, but I still wouldn't mind confirmation from someone like @bluesun.

"The Isshu League fiercely continues into the fourth round. Ash and Kotetsu's battle continues to become even more extreme. Kotetsu's partner Riolu then evolves into the Wave Pokemon Lucario. With all of its moves powered up plus learning a new move, Satoshi and Tsutarja are both cornered..."
    Last edited by Playerking; 7th December 2012 at 08:31 AM.

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

quarterfinals AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
    Mareepy likes this.

Banner created by Princess of Hoenn.

Quote Originally Posted by aloasa View Post
    Yeah its like Spain Football team. Oh wait this was 4 years ago
    Back on topic I must say this is unbereable why not cancelling the league and leave it after N saga seriously this is worst league ever (The best for me its Sinoh and Johto).

Even the magazine thought ash was going to win.
    EVEN THE MAGAZINE
    Robo-Floatzel, Mareepy and Duque like this.

Holy shit, he loses to Kotetsu!!! Fantastic. I mean, I don't like Kotetsu, but im glad Ash isn't even making the top 4. I guess that magazine showed Kotetsu thinking he had lost the battle because he thought it was a 3 v 3 haha.

Im glad the decided to give Ash a lower rank than Sinnoh, since I feel it really reflects his development this series. Now that Ash isn't going to lose to Virgil, Im thinking maybe Virgil will win the Entire thing. Would make more sense than some random COTD winning.

So we get to see a 1 v 1, a 3 v 3 and a 6 v 6. That's 10 pokes and Ash is using Pikachu twice, and we saw scraggy battle briefly in the 2nd round. So everyone should get one battle. Fuck me this is a pathetic league. Might even be worse than Kanto.

The Fighting Misty is going to love this

WORST NEWS ever!
    I couldn't believe Ash lose the league like that, its pretty bad written for me.
    Ash has fought any of those Pokemon already, and he did beat Maylene's Lucario, and losing to Kotetsu's Lucario kinda means that his skill has indeed dropped since the start of BW. (Or it is commonly called as character reset)

The worst League ever (Or overall the worst Generation of Anime ever)

Nintendo is awarded an Effort Ribbon for the effort of trying to write off the Pokemon Anime series.
    Last edited by Mareepy; 7th December 2012 at 09:13 AM.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Lucario vs. Pikachu, that says it all everyone, this battle is the Maylene Gym battle from DP in reverse, which also means that Ash isn't going to face Virgil and his Eevee army at all, but losing to a Lucario is just as bad as losing to an Eevee, because both are two of the most overrated Pokemon in the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    ...What

So, in other words, Ash loses to Kotetsu? Or does he beat Kotetsu and then loses to Virgil at the end...?

This is really shitty. We'll only get to see Ash battle three real battles, with one of them being a 1v1 at that.
    I agree with you, almost every tournament has been a 1 on 1 tournament, I personally find it an excuse for the writers to not give Trip an actuall team, but have his only Pokemon seen be an overpowered garden hose that he passes off as a "Serperior". It's like it's illegal to have 6 on 6 tournament battles in Unova.

Quote Originally Posted by santiagus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aloasa View Post
    Yeah its like Spain Football team. Oh wait this was 4 years ago
    Back on topic I must say this is unbereable why not cancelling the league and leave it after N saga seriously this is worst league ever (The best for me its Sinoh and Johto).

Even the magazine thought ash was going to win.
    EVEN THE MAGAZINE
    I agree with you, this is just an utter embarassment of a league, only Natural Harmonia Gropius can save us now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    WORST NEWS ever!
    I couldn't believe Ash lose the league like that, its pretty bad written for me.
    Ash has fought any of those Pokemon already, and he did beat Maylene's Lucario, and losing to Kotetsu's Lucario kinda means that his skill has indeed dropped since the start of BW. (Or it is commonly called as character reset)
    Like I said earlier, this is the Maylene Gym battle, but in reverse, and at the league.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I suppose we should have seen this coming. The preview from the Professor Oak's Lecture from the last week's episode had footage of Virgil battling a different opponent than Ash (Kotetsu and Stephan's footage were from their battles with Ash). We should have predicted that Ash and Virgil would not have battled, because otherwise there would have been footage of them battling.

Nobody can say that Ash lost to an Eevee trainer, but Ash making it to the Top 8 for the third time seems kind of dull. Overall, this definitely beat out Kanto as the worst Pokemon League competition ever.

As for the battle itself, we know that five of Ash's pokemon are confirmed with this latest summary. I'm expecting Oshawott will be the last one since everybody will get at least one battle in the league (Pikachu in prelims and fourth round, Scraggy in second round, Leavanny/Palpitoad/Krookodile in third round, and Snivy/Boldore/Pignite/Unfezant in fourth round).
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 7th December 2012 at 09:12 AM.
    Mareepy and Rajagopal90 like this.

This really just sums up best wishes in a nutshell for me. Everyone only getting one battle save for Pikachu, worst rivalry conclusion ever, 6 episode league with a freaking filler about Axew in the middle, 2 skipped/rushed battles, and Ash only making the top 8, which to me he completely deserves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash's Battle Coach View Post
    This really just sums up best wishes in a nutshell for me. Everyone only getting one battle save for Pikachu, worst rivalry conclusion ever, 6 episode league with a freaking filler about Axew in the middle, 2 skipped/rushed battles, and Ash only making the top 8, which to me he completely deserves.
    One of them isn't going to battle at all. I'm guessing it will be Scraggy since it got five seconds of battle screentime in the last episode...

Why does there even need to be a two-week break? That's a first for January.
    Rajagopal90 likes this.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast