Ash's Traveling Companions: What if he gets a Female-Version of Brock?

View Poll Results: What would you think of a "female Brock" in Ash's traveling crew?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to see it

19 51.35%
  • No, there is no one who can replace Brock (male or female)

6 16.22%
  • Not sure

6 16.22%
  • No, a female Brock would only look like a prostitute

6 16.22%
  • Answer not listed

5 13.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Ash's Traveling Companions: What if he gets a Female-Version of Brock?

Blog Entries

Default Ash's Traveling Companions: What if he gets a Female-Version of Brock?

Simply, how would you react if one of Ash's traveling companions was a female-version of Brock?

Bianca's constant fawning over a man (or Pokemon) with muscles makes her gush and it seemed that she had an instant liking to Virgil. This was kind of a hint at what it would be like since she was a "recurring member" of Ash's group.

You know a female who is constantly falling for male trainers? I think it would be an interesting change of pace the same with Ash's main rival being a female trainer.

Discuss!!
    Yato likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ash's Traveling Companions: What if he gets a Female-Version of Brock?

I actually do want to see this, and I hope Serena becomes this character. I think it's somewhat obvious that there's going to be another character with the "Brock-role" (as long as Cilan leaves) and I feel that Serena would be the best candidate from all the characters we've seen so far.

Too clarify though, I only want a character like Brock to a certain degree. I don't want it to be over dramatic, have somebody pulling her away, but just enough to notice it would resemble Brock. Nothing clone like, only a resemblance.
    Last edited by Life; 5th July 2013 at 04:29 PM.
    Burakeon likes this.
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry ~ my fan-fiction
    x

M-Blaziken, so much yes Shiny Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Blaze's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Ash's Traveling Companions: What if he gets a Female-Version of Brock?

I wouldn't like that. It would feel repetitive, even though it would be a female character instead of a male character.
    Shiny Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 80+ Shinies
    Obtained: 718 out of 719
    3DS Y FC: 0576-4616-1571

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

A girl who cooks for Satoshi? So original...
    FANG-TAN and SaxyStar like this.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

No doubt It would certainly been interesting...

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    A girl who cooks for Satoshi? So original...
    It's not the cooking - it's the flirting part the OP was talking aboit.

Personally, I'd like that. It woild certainly give us a nice change, and hopefully indicate that there are plenty of handsome guys in the new series XDD

Blog Entries

That is somewhat the same as half of #11 in the top #13 things I would like to see in the XY Anime.
    Paulisthebest likes this.

"What we create in the present is merely a shadow, nay, a reflection on our past."
    Quote from little known author: Lee Austin
    Inkay - Officially Claimed

Blog Entries

FYI under no circumstances do I expect Ash to suddenly become aware of female and become attracted to them in the event there is a female rival or female "Brock" in his group. I'd find that funny if she was basically attracted to everyone BUT Ash haha

Even if she did like him, its not like he would be able to understand and respond to her advances "correctly." Given his track record he probably won't even know she was a female in the first place...at least he doesn't try to crotch grab people to tell their gender like Goku used to do in Dragonball

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is it bad that when I saw Serena mentioned in this thread, my first thought was that anime!Serena would effectively be a female Pepe le Pew - aka, Fifi la Fume from Tiny Toons, with Serena being voiced by Kath Soucie to top it all off? :P

Since the new series' setting IS PokeFrance is seems far too appropriate for at least one of Ash's traveling companions to be all about the ~*amore*~ from a most stereotypical viewpoint. XD Anyway I could see this being fun or extremely annoying, depending on how it would be handled. I'd mainly hope there'd be more to the character than just being all about the romance, AND they make an entertaining way to give the poor girl REJECTION every time... though I'll be blunt, it'll be hard to top Brock getting his ass or his junk brutally pulverized by Croagunk. :P If not virtually impossible.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

is watching her own icon Magenta Fantasies's Avatar

Visit Magenta Fantasies's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    Is it bad that when I saw Serena mentioned in this thread, my first thought was that anime!Serena would effectively be a female Pepe le Pew - aka, Fifi la Fume from Tiny Toons, with Serena being voiced by Kath Soucie to top it all off? :P

Since the new series' setting IS PokeFrance is seems far too appropriate for at least one of Ash's traveling companions to be all about the ~*amore*~ from a most stereotypical viewpoint. XD Anyway I could see this being fun or extremely annoying, depending on how it would be handled. I'd mainly hope there'd be more to the character than just being all about the romance, AND they make an entertaining way to give the poor girl REJECTION every time... though I'll be blunt, it'll be hard to top Brock getting his ass or his junk brutally pulverized by Croagunk. :P If not virtually impossible.
    That would be just hilarious; if that's how it would happen, I really want Serena/Yvonne to appear as a travelling companion. :D
    DeviantART: phoenixflaym
    Fanfictions: Obsessions Crystal Clear Gold Hearted Silver Lining
    Nimbasa Sunrise

Blog Entries

I would love to see a female companion of Satoshi falling for random guys. Bel's love for muscles was something that really entertained me in Best Wishes.
    Yato likes this.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I don't think people who accept a woman who chases men for comedy the same way they accepted Brock chasing women for comedy unfortunately. Even if you don't think 'she'll would look like a prostitute', most people will, sadly, call her one anyway.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I would love to see a female companion of Satoshi falling for random guys. Bel's love for muscles was something that really entertained me in Best Wishes.
    Speaking of Bel, my guess for why she was probably the only who was all over muscles is because she's older, and has developed interest in the opposite gender somewhat. I know Misty used to have some crushes on guys occasionally, but that wasn't in a 'Brock' way.

So hopefully, Ash's new female companion is older than Ash and can freely go around flirting with handsome guys XDD As for her getting rejected, they could just get a reaction similar to this

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This would so be the best thing that could happen in terms of Traveling Companions next series. In terms of falling for Ash, I'd rather a serious female rival fall for him.

The only thing I would like about this is that it would be nice if the girl crushes on guys who were a slight older and ignore the ones around her like Ash and the other main boy. (That way no shipping occurs) But as far as anything else, I hope no one is a cook in the group. I feel it's unnecessary. Not only that but why does she have to be a Brock? Why can't she be someone who does something as well as Oshawott style crushing/non-cooking character? That would be more interesting than going completely down the Brock path.

As far as the secondary boy, make him do something just as well as the others. Something like that would be awesome.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast