Anyone think Togekiss was unneeded in the show? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone think Togekiss was unneeded in the show?

Administrator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum HeadAdministrator

Default Re: Anyone think Togekiss was unneeded in the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial View Post
    The Writers probably wanted to give Dawn a 6th Pokemon I think and that is why se got a Togekiss.
    That most likely was the main reason behind giving her Togekiss, along with just giving a new Pokemon a bit of last minute promotion before the series ended. Although, that does make Togekiss feel unneeded in a sense when they could have just kept Ambipom instead to make sure that she would have a full team by the time she got to the Grand Festival.

Yes it felt very unnecessary. The focus episode with Princess Salvia was fine, and I think that should have been plenty of exposure for it, I just think there was no real point in her giving it to Dawn. I would have preferred it if Dawn had kept Ambipom, but even if she didn't it would have been better for her to use one of her other Pokemon in the final round of the GF (maybe have Buneary evolve?), since that's pretty much all Togekiss did.

Blog Entries

Pretty much. I would have much rather she kept Ambipom, since she'd been around for a long time and truly had a passion for contests. I didn't really like that Dawn was given a fully evolved Pokemon right before the GF, not to mention that Togekiss barely ever got any screen time after it anyway.

I wouldn't say that Togekiss was unneeded in the show. I think it was a good pokemon for Dawn to have but it just was caught late, that's all. I don't see what's the big deal about it. Not to mention Ash caught Gible late not to mention Snorunt. So it's not just Dawn's problem about late pokemon.

I feel the whole Princess Salvia and Dawn thing was unneeded in general, but yes, I feel Togekiss was an unneeded addition to Dawn's team. Nice, but unneeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Yes it felt very unnecessary. The focus episode with Princess Salvia was fine, and I think that should have been plenty of exposure for it, I just think there was no real point in her giving it to Dawn. I would have preferred it if Dawn had kept Ambipom, but even if she didn't it would have been better for her to use one of her other Pokemon in the final round of the GF (maybe have Buneary evolve?), since that's pretty much all Togekiss did.
    Buneary evolving would have been great since it, along with Pachirisu, felt like they were thrown in the background after their first Contests and it would have been nice for Buneary to learn a fourth move after evolving too.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia
    I wouldn't say that Togekiss was unneeded in the show. I think it was a good pokemon for Dawn to have but it just was caught late, that's all. I don't see what's the big deal about it. Not to mention Ash caught Gible late not to mention Snorunt. So it's not just Dawn's problem about late pokemon.
    It wasn't so much of an issue that Dawn caught it late, but just that it didn't really do much of anything. It wasn't used for anything important aside from the Grand Festival finals and even then, it would have been better to have Ambipom or one of the Pokemon Dawn had that actually deserved to get to the Grand Festival help her with that battle. Gible and Snorunt were caught late too, but they actually had some decent focus and accomplishments. Togekiss didn't and along with how it was practically given to her when she didn't do anything to really deserve it, like actually bonding with Togekiss, made it seem unnecessary in the grand scheme of things to me.

I personally hated Ambipom over Togekiss. All they needed to do was give it to her earlier and it would have been better. But saying things like it was unnecessary to have on the show is not something I would ever say for any pokemon no matter how much it wasn't used or whatever the reason is. And there are a lot of pokemon that have been caught has been used less.(cough:Tauros:cough)

NO it was necessary for Dawn I think because she needed 6 Pokemon I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I personally hated Ambipom over Togekiss. All they needed to do was give it to her earlier and it would have been better. But saying things like it was unnecessary to have on the show is not something I would ever say for any pokemon no matter how much it wasn't used or whatever the reason is. And there are a lot of pokemon that have been caught has been used less.(cough:Tauros:cough)
    Giving it to her earlier so that it could actually have an accomplishment might have helped. If she caught it as a Togepi and actually raised it into a Togekiss, then I would have been far more okay with it, especially when part of my problem with Togekiss is how it was handed to Dawn on a silver plate. Though, I still would have liked Ambipom to stay. I didn't hate it, but it deserved to go to the Grand Festival, unlike with Togekiss. Tauros at least helped Ash in the Orange Islands. Togekiss hasn't had any accomplishments even to that extent. Compared to her other Pokemon, Togekiss definitely felt like an unnecessary addition to Dawn's team.

Togepi being on the show would have got Dawn a lot of hate as well as Togetic. The writers were probably trying to be careful. Not to mention a lot of people were upset about Dawn getting a cyndaquil especially when Ash took so long for his to evolve. But I liked Togekiss. I wished it had more time on the air than it did because I thought it suited her well.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Follow Robo-Floatzel on Tumblr Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Most definitely, the writers were obviously in a hurry so they gave her a Togekiss out of nowhere, especially since Ambipom was taken off the show for dumb reasons (ironic that after the trade, Dawn's Aipom evolved but Ash's Buizel didn't evolve to a Floatzel for some reason). Iris's Dragonite is no different, though the main difference is that the writers were simply glorifying Iris so that she got more focus than Ash did.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Anyone think Togekiss was unneeded in the show? No, of course. Specially I.

The question should be, anyone think Togekiss was unneeded to talk right now? Yes, of course.

This thread is from 2010, when togekiss was actually relevant to the show.
    Last edited by Nymphia; 23rd July 2013 at 02:56 PM.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

Blog Entries

Oh please if togekiss was unexessary then every unova pokemon ash has besides the starters would be unecessary.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphia View Post
    Anyone think Togekiss was unneeded in the show? No, of course. Specially I.

The question should be, anyone think Togekiss was unneeded to talk right now? Yes, of course.

Stop posting here. This thread is from 2010, when togekiss was actually relevant to the show.
    Or you can stop mini-modding and actually contribute to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post
    Or you can stop mini-modding and actually contribute to the thread.
    Or you can report a thread that you think is mini-modding so that the mods can see if they need to step in instead of derailing the thread even further.

Just to be clear, bumping old threads isn't against the rules. As long as it is relevant to the topic at hand, then it's okay.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast