Anyone think Togekiss was unneeded in the show? - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Anyone think Togekiss was unneeded in the show?

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone think Togekiss was unneeded in the show?

I never liked her presence on the show. Pointless obviously...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Togekiss was necessary. To make Auraholics and obsessed Misty fans angry. And to fill Dawn's sixth slot. And to debut it's species.

I was hoping for it to be the evil Togepi, but it didn't. I still loved this Togekiss' character though.

She was just a late addition. A very late one. It was necessary, but not much. I like Togekiss and how writers handled her; she had good battles, and filled her role decently; but I wish she came earlier. Much earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Dawn already realized what Togekiss' battle style in DP 172 so there was no need to emphasize it... and Zoey did comment on how Togekiss dodges or something like that so they did mention Togekiss' style in that battle
    Yet we didn't see any of this dodging in the crucial moment. Hikari could have ordered it to dodge like that, but it didn't. She didn't think to use its strengths at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    And to fill Dawn's sixth slot.
    That is only needed for the GF (seemingly) so well, we could have just had Eteboth return for one of the rounds.

Togekiss was necessary. To make Auraholics and obsessed Misty fans angry.
    That's just silly, the writers aren't dedicated to making fans angry or anything.

And to fill Dawn's sixth slot.
    Which wouldn't have had to have been filled in the first place if they let her keep Ambipom. Or even had the poor monkey appear for a battle or something.

And to debut it's species.
    Which could've been done perfectly well in a filler. Hell, that princess kid could've been inspired to participate in contests without giving Dawn her Pokemon, couldn't she? C'mon, writers, think a little.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Bandage View Post
    That's just silly, the writers aren't dedicated to making fans angry or anything.
    I see your sarcasm detector is off.
    Bubble Frog likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I see your sarcasm detector is off.
    There are other people reading this thread who don't realize that the writers aren't out to make their lives miserable. I guarantee it.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just wish Ambipom stayed.

8D

Is it bad that I don't care too much that Ambipom left Dawn's team? To be completely honest, I'd prefer Togekiss to Ambipom.

Ambipom probably left Dawn's team so that the writers would be able to have a chance to give Dawn another pokemon in the future. So instead of just getting Cyndaquil, she got Cyndaquil and Togekiss.

And to be honest, late captures in the anime aren't that surprising anymore. If Dawn leaves and then visits Ash in the future, there's no doubt we'd see it again anyway. And at least it's getting screentime since its capture. As for the purpose of Togekiss on Dawn's team, I agree on the point that Togekiss was a new pokemon, a surprise factor I guess you could say, in the battle against Zoey (to mirror Zoey's Gallade). It was the new pokemon/starters in that contest battle and I personally thought it was a great show despite its loss. And Dawn did have that training episode with it so it went along to help Dawn train for the GF as well.

But yeah, imo, I'm okay with Togekiss.

i wish ambipom stayed but dawn still caught togekiss but that would never happen(tear)

You know, for kids! A Concerned Solomon's Avatar

Lame addition was lame. At least it meant we didn't see a final battle involving Piplup, who I still hate.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess the writers wanted a major character to have a Togekiss, but I think Zoey could have had one instead. We all knew Misty would never get Togekiss, but why give one to Dawn when she had Ambipom?

I think Zoey should have had the Togekiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I guess the writers wanted a major character to have a Togekiss, but I think Zoey could have had one instead. We all knew Misty would never get Togekiss, but why give one to Dawn when she had Ambipom?

I think Zoey should have had the Togekiss.
    I think Gallade fits Zoey much more than Togekiss... and Togekiss fits Dawn too
    Also, again, they probably wanted the Dawn VS Zoey battle to be mascot + brand new surprise Poké... Johanna/Brock/Ash actually talked about how they're both using new Poké, so it's pretty obvious that was their intention

Yah, I felt Togekiss was a waste of time too.
    They caught it way too late in the series.
    Should have caught it early on, showed her training it a bit.
    Showed Dawn catch Togekiss some other how, cuz I felt it was kind of a cheat. It should have been a wild one, she battle it and catch it.
    Just feels silly to see it just be given to her by some one else, raised by some one else yah know? Also, should have had a few Zoey battles with it before the Grand Festival.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

It was just added way too late. I don't remember it just because we just didn't see it until like 10 eps ago, and then it was only in a few eps kinda getting shoved down our throats. I just don't terribly equate it to Dawn much, which really is a shame cause I'm sure if we just saw it a bit more it would be a lot more well liked.

Blog Entries

Dawn's Togekiss is a sweetheart, such a shame it really didn't get any wins for Dawn. One really does have to wonder, how could it benefit Dawn in any way?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast