Anyone think Togekiss was unneeded in the show?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Anyone think Togekiss was unneeded in the show?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone think Togekiss was unneeded in the show?

Dawn gets a Togekiss only 2 episodes before her Grand Festival. Only 1 of those eps focus on her training it, as the one after is a Ditto filler about some crossdressing female who looks like Flint.

Togekiss is used in the Zoey match and feels out of place as it has no history with Dawn or Zoey.

And now that DP is ending, Togekiss is briefly seen in the Meowth filler and so forth but nothing important. And the rest is Ash's league where it won't be seen.

Togekiss was clearly only given to Dawn for a 6th Pokemon, so why have her release Ambipom when there was no reason to do so?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone think Togekiss was unneeded in the show?

the problem with togekiss is that it was added to dawn's party so late. that's the only thing i dislike about it. dawn should have captured a togetic around snowpoint city.

now, dawn is gonna leave and togekiss will probably never shine again.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In my opinion, Togekiss served as Piplup's teammate for the double battle against Zoey. It was a given, right from the start, that if Dawn and Zoey were to battle in the Grand Festival, Piplup would be used. However, therein lies the problem, for the battles in the Grand Festival all require two pokemon each.
    The writers were unable to select one of Dawn's current pokemon in the party that was able to team up with Piplup in this huge battle. Why else would Togekiss and Piplup hit it up the episode after she got it, and show Togekiss to affectionally take care of Piplup? They were building up Togekiss so that it could be used against Zoey.
    So, no, I don't think Togekiss was unnecessary. Togekiss was bound to get an anime appearance somewhere along the line, whether it be for a one episode cameo or used by a trainer in the Grand Festival/Sinnoh League. It was simply one of the few Gen 4 pokemon that did not appear in the anime, and the only one that the writers saw Dawn using.

It didnt bother me i saw it has the girl lending to Dawn to do the GF and that was it but not really necessary they could have kept Ambipom and it would be cooler.

Blog Entries

The only things I have against Togekiss is the fact that it was added so late and that it was used in the battle against Zoey. I like it as an overall Pokemon but it could've been handled better.

IMO, Dawn should've caught the evil Togepia Togepi/Togetic somewhere farther back into the series. Then she could've evolved it into a Togekiss later and used it against Ursula. Piplup/Mamoswine would've done better against Zoey since they were the most focused on.

Edit: Or they could have kept Ambipom. :D

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

What Togekiss should have been was the evil Togepi. That would have been interesting. Now... Togekiss seems bland and pointless.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Rather than starting off with a weak Pokemon that gets developed throughout the series, Togekiss was a powerful Pokemon given right before the main event.

I see nothing wrong with that. They tried something new and ultimately the strategy had its Ups and its Downs. Can't fault 'em for that.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

DP 171 - Togekiss' introduction, Togekiss win a whole Contest (performance+battles) for Salvia (which officially was Dawn, so officially it won a 6th ribbon for Dawn) on its first try ever at a Contest and was given to Dawn

DP 172 - Whole ep focused on it, revealed its a female who acts like an older sister to the other Poké of the group, established Togekiss as a good friend and partner of Piplup, had Dawn struggle to control it and eventually realize it has its own battle style that she needs to support instead of trying to change

DP 173 - it appeared in the ep for at least a short scene and one of the Ditto used Transform to change into it

DP 174 - appeared in the scene where Dawn has a talk with all her Poké

DP 175/176 - it appeared in a training scene in one of these eps and trained with all of Dawn's Poké, also protected Pip from Draco Meteor again

DP 177 - was used together with Piplup in the final battle of the GF against Dawn's rival and mentor... which was probably Dawn's most important battle ever

DP 178 - it appeared and helped with Staraptor to search for Meowth from the sky, also battled Meowth together with Staraptor and Yanmega for a quick scene

And DP is still going on... so no, I don't think it was unneeded
    Yes, it could be nice if it got more eps and possibly obtained as a Togetic (if not even Togepi) but I'm happy with it anyway

Also, the new ANA short seems to have a scene where it lets Pachi fly on it and I like it... so I expect some cute stuff from Togekiss in this short
    I also hope it'll be used in the movie... and of course, as I said, DP is still going on so hopefully it'll appear during the League eps and possibly be used in some unofficial Contest or battle at the end of DP before Dawn leaves
    Not to mention that I'm sure Dawn will get a few eps in BW series, so Togekiss might be her main Poké in these eps to make up for it getting less eps than the others

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Togekiss is used in the Zoey match and feels out of place as it has no history with Dawn or Zoey.
    As if Gallade had any "history with Dawn"...
    Also, did you even watch the GF final ep?... Ash/Brock/Johanna clearly say that this battle is interesting because both Dawn and Zoey are using Togekiss and Gallade which are brand new Pokémon of them which they also never used against each other before
    I think that's was the writeres intention... to let Dawn and Zoey's final battle be a battle between their mascots and a surprise late capture

And the rest is Ash's league where it won't be seen.
    And you know that Togekiss won't appear in any of the League eps how...?
    Also, I expect 2-3 eps after the League and Togekiss might do something in them

Togekiss was clearly only given to Dawn for a 6th Pokemon, so why have her release Ambipom when there was no reason to do so?
    For the reason I said before, they wanted Dawn and Zoey to use a brand new Poké that the viewers AND the characters don't know very well so the battle could be even more unexpected and interesting to watch

Also, they obviously decided to give all main characters and rivals the gen 4 Poké who are evolutions of gen 2 Poké

Blog Entries

I didn't like it... It's probably my least favourite DP pokémon. I feel its presence really cheapenned the moment of Dawn v Zoey, but that's personnal opinion. I think Dawn's arc would have been stronger with just the 5 pokémon she had before Togekiss.

You know what's really interesting about Togekiss was that it was the first time our main coordinator had six pokemon going into their first Grand Festival at the Hoenn Grand Festival May only had five pokemon I believe. She used Beautifly, Skitty, Combusken, Bulbasaur, and Munchlax but that wasn't used. So what I'm saying is that the writers did this to give Dawn a full team before departing.

BRING BACK DEXTER!!!!

it was also dawns ace-in-the-whole for her battle against zoey since it had not seen it or its power

Blog Entries

Only Misty should have Toge- pokemon.

THANK YOU wip i totally agree it was bad enough when they released misty's togetic but giving its evolution to another main character was like sacrilege

Listenin' to Dragons...! LightningKimba's Avatar
    Follow LightningKimba On Twitter Add LightningKimba on Facebook
    Follow LightningKimba on Tumblr Visit LightningKimba's Youtube Channel

Togekiss to me felt like a completely random and truly unneeded 11th Hour Superpower. It could possibly be my bias against Togekiss in general, but it just like one of the writers simply pulled the whole "princess giving Dawn a new pokémon" idea out of their rear, simply to (probably) make a reference to the Togepi players receive in Pt by Cynthia.

Just like Gible, it felt more of a completely random addition that, if it never came to being, we'd still have the same events happening in a similar way. Togekiss just does not seem like a fair addition, just a random "Ace"-like pokémon from the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningKimba View Post

Just like Gible, it felt more of a completely random addition that, if it never came to being, we'd still have the same events happening in a similar way. Togekiss just does not seem like a fair addition, just a random "Ace"-like pokémon from the blue.
    Gible is an unevolved pokemon that has barely any experience in battle, whereas the Togekiss is full strength and has been trained to really good strength and is more ace-like than Gible because Gible has a long way to go still.

BRING BACK DEXTER!!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast