Anime episodes or movie scenes that make you tear up - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Anime episodes or movie scenes that make you tear up

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Anime episodes that make you tear up

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    That Lucario movie made quite a lot of pepple cry ;_; you gotta hand it to Sir Aaron
    That entire scene always chokes me up and the ending song, along with seeing Lucario and Sir Aaron reuniting, always makes me cry.
    Paulisthebest, Yato and Metan like this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anime episodes or movie scenes that make you tear up

"Until We Meet Again" has got to be one of the best movie songs along with that lullaby May sung to Max "Make A Wish?" I forget the name.

It doesn't make me cry but I always get pumped with excitement during the opening battles of the movies where the whole song of the theme (of that particular season) is used. Like I said I don't cry but I get this cheesy smile and maybe a tear might form but not from sadness but hype!
    Hidden Mew, Yato and Metan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Jessie releasing Dustox made me cry too. The later was especially surprising since I never felt that bad for Jessie, at least compared to James or Meowth, but that episode made me feel so sad for her. Seeing her break the Pokeball just so Dustox could have happiness and say that she loves it after it left was heartbreaking.
    Back to when I watched this episode in the first time, I had to be strong. I never expected her to throw Dustox's PokéBall and stomp at it.

I know someone already mentioned this, but Memories Are Made Of Bliss also gives me feels every time I rewatch.

Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

Plinkety plonk pianooo... Doctor Who's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Doctor Who On Twitter

Okay, technically not a movie or anime episode, but a random episode all the same.
    Doctor Who, EarthShock...

And Doctor Who, The End of Time, when David Tennant says a teary goodbye (He was my favourite, I haven't gotten over him.)

Haters gonna hate

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Intelligence View Post
    Okay, technically not a movie or anime episode, but a random episode all the same.
    Doctor Who, EarthShock...

And Doctor Who, The End of Time, when David Tennant says a teary goodbye (He was my favourite, I haven't gotten over him.)
    That's great, fellow Doctor Who fan. But this section's for discussing the Pokemon anime.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

To explain in detail

Coincidently, they're the same as the Rocket Rankings of the top 3 tragic scenes. Not surprised I'm not the only person to find them sad

the first movie always make me ball like a little baby every time i watch it

and Pikachu's goodbye and charizard's burning ambition are the main ones

Plinkety plonk pianooo... Doctor Who's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Doctor Who On Twitter

Pikachu's Goodbye. Need I say any more.

Haters gonna hate

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Unova League.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The Good:

"Pokémon: I Choose You!" - Ash's willingness to sacrifice himself for Pikachu.

"Pikachu's Goodbye" - Beautiful episode, and yet what else? Master trolling, writers.

"Bye Bye Butterfree" - Goodbye to the first Pokémon Ash raised.

"Gotta Catch Ya Later!" - Splitting up of original group of protagonists, and for me, when the show began to go downhill.

"Get the Show On the Road!" - Ash staying up all night to make sure Pikachu is okay, and Ash struggling to hang on to Pikachu while hanging on the edge of a cliff while it was biting him.

Movie 06- Wow, I hated Max so much before...but this movie really made me come to like him. His dub actor at the time, Amy Birnbaum, was phenomenal to me. If it weren't for her, I would honestly never have been able to like Max.

"Do I Hear a Ralts?" - Very good episode. I loved it. :)

"Pasta La Vista!" - Goodbye to the original English voice actors, and unconsciously, when the show really died to me.

Movie 08- See "Pasta La Vista!"
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 11th June 2013 at 07:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

Pokémon - I Choose You!
    Charmander – The Stray Pokémon
    Here Comes the Squirtle Squad
    Battle Aboard the St. Anne
    Tentacool & Tentacruel
    Bye Bye Butterfree
    The Punchy Pokémon
    The Kangaskhan Kid
    Snow Way Out!
    Pikachu's Goodbye
    Go West Young Meowth
    A Scare in the Air
    Poké Ball Peril
    Pikachu Re-Volts
    Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?
    Charizard Chills
    Viva Las Lapras
    The Little Big Horn
    The Chikorita Rescue
    Ignorance is Blissey
    For Crying Out Loud
    Charizard's Burning Ambitions
    The Fire-ing Squad!
    Beauty and the Breeder
    Houndoom's Special Delivery
    Fly Me to the Moon
    Takin' It on the Chinchou
    A Parent Trapped!
    A Promise is a Promise
    Bulbasaur... the Ambassador!
    Just Waiting On a Friend
    Rage Of Innocence
    As Cold as Pryce
    Wish Upon a Star Shape
    Great Bowls of Fire!
    Lapras of Luxury
    Hatch Me If You Can
    Address Unown!
    Mother of All Battles
    Gotta Catch Ya Later!
    Get the Show on the Road
    A Poached Ego!
    Tree's a Crowd
    Abandon Ship!
    The Princess and the Togepi
    A Togepi Mirage!
    True Blue Swablu
    Take This House and Shuppet
    A Scare to Remember
    The Scuffle of Legends
    Do I Hear a Ralts?
    Date Expectations!
    Fear Factor Phony
    Sweet Baby James
    From Cradle to Save
    Time-Warp Heals All Wounds
    Pokémon Ranger - Deoxys Crisis! (Part 2)
    Duels of the Jungle
    The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing
    Gathering the Gang of Four
    Home is Where the Start Is!
    Cooking up a Sweet Story!
    Drifloon on the Wind!
    Tears For Fears!
    Once There Were Greenfields
    Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (Part 1)
    Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (Part 2)
    Crossing Paths
    A Trainer and Child Reunion!
    Saving the World from Ruins!
    To Thine Own Pokémon Be True!
    Uncrushing Defeat!
    Promoting Healthy Tangrowth!
    Mastering Current Events!
    Fighting Ire with Fire!
    Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!
    Memories are Made of Bliss!
    The Lost World of Gothitelle!
    Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster!
    Archeops In The Modern World!
    The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck!
    The Lonely Deino!
    Explorers of the Hero's Ruin!
    Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!
    A Village Homecoming!
    Drayden Versus Iris: Past, Present, and Future!
    The Fires of a Red-Hot Reunion!

At least made me teary, usually release episodes make me cry loads

Most notable, I remember warching Bye Bye Butterfree and crying for hours with my mum consoling me. Ever since then, f**k Charazard and Mewtwo, Butterfree is the most nostalgic pokemon for me

Edit: every movie has made me cry

Blog Entries

James releasing Cacnea made tears run down my face. It was seriously the first time I ever cried watching Pokémon. I gotta hand it to Jimmy Zoppi. He can really do emotional scenes for James. I felt the same way after rewatching the episode when he left Chimecho back at home too.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
    James releasing Cacnea made tears run down my face. It was seriously the first time I ever cried watching Pokémon. I gotta hand it to Jimmy Zoppi. He can really do emotional scenes for James. I felt the same way after rewatching the episode when he left Chimecho back at home too.
    I'll be honest: I'm not a big fan of Jimmy Zoppi's James. Okay, I'll outright say I prefer Eric Stuart's version, and that Jimmy just sounds like Eric with a cold to me.

That being said, Jimmy Zoppi's James is...and I'm going to get flamed on this one...probably my favorite voice in the TPCi dub, besides Michele Knotz's Jessie. To me, it sounds the closest to Eric's version, and he can really emote better than Eric was in the AG seasons, in terms of being able to take James seriously as opposed to a joker who made me crack up.

Regardless, Eric was (and is) my favorite. I thought out of all the English voices for James (Ted Lewis, himself, and Jimmy Zoppi), Eric managed to strike the perfect balance between idiot and goofball James, and yet serious and kind-hearted James. Ted was too serious and incredibly bland in the role, while Jimmy can do the serious parts well, but he's so nasally as a goofball, that it detracts from his performance for me.

Eric gets a lot of flak on how he handled "A Poached Ego!" from the fandom (I can't say I blame them), but I think he was just off that episode myself. I've seen him at his best, and to me he can clearly outdo Ted and Jimmy when he's trying in the role.

While I don't like how TPCi does the rockets' dialogue, I found their voices grew on me much more quickly than the twerps did in terms of being able to tolerate them ('cept Meowth, I actually think his voice is terrible now, to the point where he is unbearable for me to listen to in the BW dub).

I was taken aback by Jimmy's performances in "Sweet Baby James!" and "Once There Were Greenfields" myself. He really impressed me both episodes, and I think he did a fairly good job with both.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 15th June 2013 at 07:40 PM.
    Charbok likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    I'll be honest: I'm not a big fan of Jimmy Zoppi's James. Okay, I'll outright say I prefer Eric Stuart's version, and that Jimmy just sounds like Eric with a cold to me.

That being said, Jimmy Zoppi's James is...and I'm going to get flamed on this one...probably my favorite voice in the TPCi dub besides Michele Knotz's Jessie. To me, it sounds the closest to Eric's version, and he can really emote better than Eric was in the AG seasons, in terms of being able to take James seriously as opposed to a joker who made me crack up.

Regardless, Eric was (and is) my favorite. I thought out of all the English voices for James (Ted Lewis, himself, and Jimmy Zoppi), Eric managed to strike the perfect balance between idiot and goofball James, and yet serious and kind-hearted James. Ted was too serious and incredibly bland in the role, while Jimmy can do the serious parts well, but he's so nasally as a goofball, that it detracts from his performance for me.

While I don't like how TPCi does the rockets' dialogue, I found their voices grew on me much more quickly than the twerps did in terms of being able to tolerate them ('cept Meowth, his voice is terrible now).
    Valid point!

*Side note to admins not trying to go off topic of the thread by going into voice actors, just using it to make a point*

I felt the same way, like back in the day when Growlie was introduced and the emotion in James' voice was done really well and that's one of my favorite TR episodes. You put into words what I've thought of James' new voice since the Battle Frontier season started; head cold! That's exactly what he sounds like. I was watching Barry's introduction episode and he talks about how Cacnea was tough to beat and James flipped wondering about his old Pokemon and his voice...didn't really fit the tone you know?

That's the thing the creators have to be careful about especially when changing up voice actors. The music for an emotional/dramatic scene can be totally on point but if the voices don't fit that emotion and tone then it just throws everything off.

A good example is BW TRio, they are trying to be hardcore and badass with that whole military/spy thing going on and every time they appear we have this dark/mysterious background music since they are working on a mission. Their dialogue isn't that rhyming nonsense its more stoic and emotionless like they were simply machines but those voices...

For one as soon as you hear them talk you relate to DP or Battle Frontier (especially Meowth's voice for some reason the actor made him sound gangster or at least try to be with hip/jive dialogue but that never did it for me) and that just ruins their new "image" of being competent members of TR.

But anyway looking back whenever James gives up a Pokemon it is for their own good and you can really feel the hurt that he is going through.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post

That being said, Jimmy Zoppi's James is...and I'm going to get flamed on this one...probably my favorite voice in the TPCi dub besides Michele Knotz's Jessie. To me, it sounds the closest to Eric's version, and he can really emote better than Eric was in the AG seasons, in terms of being able to take James seriously as opposed to a joker who made me crack up.

While I don't like how TPCi does the rockets' dialogue, I found their voices grew on me much more quickly than the twerps did in terms of being able to tolerate them ('cept Meowth, his voice is terrible now).
    Valid point!

*Side note to admins not trying to go off topic of the thread by going into voice actors, just using it to make a point*

I felt the same way, like back in the day when Growlie was introduced and the emotion in James' voice was done really well and that's one of my favorite TR episodes. You put into words what I've thought of James' new voice since the Battle Frontier season started; head cold! That's exactly what he sounds like. I was watching Barry's introduction episode and he talks about how Cacnea was tough to beat and James flipped wondering about his old Pokemon and his voice...didn't really fit the tone you know?

That's the thing the creators have to be careful about especially when changing up voice actors. The music for an emotional/dramatic scene can be totally on point but if the voices don't fit that emotion and tone then it just throws everything off.

A good example is BW TRio, they are trying to be hardcore and badass with that whole military/spy thing going on and every time they appear we have this dark/mysterious background music since they are working on a mission. Their dialogue isn't that rhyming nonsense its more stoic and emotionless like they were simply machines but those voices...

For one as soon as you hear them talk you relate to DP or Battle Frontier (especially Meowth's voice for some reason the actor made him sound gangster or at least try to be with hip/jive dialogue but that never did it for me) and that just ruins their new "image" of being competent members of TR.

But anyway looking back whenever James gives up a Pokemon it is for their own good and you can really feel the hurt that he is going through.
    ...Did, did...you just read my mind or something?

I swear, I agree so much with everything you just said: it's uncanny.

On all accounts: about TRio and how their voices, personalities, and dialogue have been in recent generations in general.

I loved the way the whole Growlie episode was done, too. I really felt like Eric Stuart nailed it there and he was really good at emoting and capturing the whole feeling behind James very well. :)
    Paulisthebest likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast