Anime episodes or movie scenes that make you tear up

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Anime episodes or movie scenes that make you tear up

Blog Entries

Default Anime episodes or movie scenes that make you tear up

Simply Pokemon episodes or scenes from a particular episode that make you want to grab a tissue for me there are a few

-Bye, Bye Butterfree; just sad to see Ash let go of his first capture. Saying that he would tell the other Pokemon that it was just on a vacation was what got me balling like a baby

-Pikachu's Goodbye; after telling Pikachu he belonged in a forest, turned away and started running along with the montage with "The Time Has Come" or whatever that song title was just made me lose it. Then with the sun rising and Pikachu is up on the hill, says goodbye to the wild Pikachu, runs into Ash's arms and he starts crying...just powerful stuff right there

-Charizard's Burning Ambitions; After Charla threw him in the water, Charizard emerges. That look on his face and the background music was just heart wrenching! I think Charizard was actually tearing up (It was hard to tell because he was covered with water) before roaring really loud with Liza shut the entrance to the valley. Then Ash having that heart to heart the night before he leaves him behind. Charizard was just standing there in the water, and crying with Meowth doing a translation was touching, not to mention Team Rocket throwing rocks at it during the night to keep it awake so its tail wouldn't get completely wet when going underwater and even faking an attack in a robot on the valley to get Charizard's ambition going again

I think this is my favorite in the category when Ash was talking about how he knows what it feels like to not feel good enough and I can relate. That was just one that stood out to me.

-Gotta Catch You Later! Misty actually showing emotion over leaving Ash showing their "relationship" and the episode itself because we say goodbye to the original trio...

-Pikachu vs. Latios; Yes, this one made the list and I didn't put the episode because I just like THIS scene. It shows the relationship of Ash and Pikachu being far above what it once was. Remember when Pikachu didn't want to fight Sabrina's Kadabra after getting beat or when it was too scared to fight Surge's Raichu (in both cases Pikachu eventually puts aside fear to help out Ash), but in this case here is a legendary Pokemon and Pikachu doesn't think twice about going in there as Ash's last resort!

Honestly, after Johto there were not a lot of emotional moments for me probably due to the show repeating scenarios from previous seasons or the characters honestly not being that interesting.

There are a few more in my list but these were the ones that stuck out to me the most.

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Anime episodes that make you tear up

^Call me emotionless, but none of those made me cry or tear up...Expect the Japanese version of Gotta Catch Ya Later...Damn that Namida Nochi Hare playing there...

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Snow Way Out

Moe
    Blog Entries

Address Unown is the episode that instantly comes to mind for me.

There's several other episodes I know I've cried when watching, but none have the same degree of impact.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have never cried but I think that Iris and Excadrill against the Dragon buster was a bit sad with Excadrills loss against Drayden.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

I haven't really cried at any episode, but the ones that make me sadder than normal are all series enders so far (Memories are Made of Bliss was worse in that aspect).
    There was also the Pikachu Amnesia episode in Hoenn...

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

I can't recall if it actually made me cry at all, but I found "True Blue Swablu" to be very moving.

Blog Entries

Oh man I gotta change the title because I want to include Ash "dying" in the First Movie and Pikachu using electric attacks in vain to wake up its trainer...

Blog Entries

Pretty much what OP said. Bye Bye Buterfree and Pikachu's Goodbye were the first episodes that made me tear up a little. Another big one that springs to mind is Gotta Catch Ya Later. Seeing the emotion in everyone when Misty/Brock/Ash all split was really sad.

I didn't tear up, but the Paul vs Brandon was kind of moving. He was lost into insanity after Brandon asking "Why do you battle?"
    Paulisthebest likes this.

Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    I didn't tear up, but the Paul vs Brandon was kind of moving. He was lost into insanity after Brandon asking "Why do you battle?"
    Yeah it was moving because for the first time we see Paul completely dominated in a Pokemon Battle, yeah Cynthia literally wrecked him but he just battled her for Chimchar's training not in an attempt to win. Here he put everything on the table (at least until he snapped after Lairon had lost) to defeat the man that defeated his hero-Reggie, seriously I think after his hero lost the battle and quit being a trainer that made Paul the callous person (not just trainer) that he is today.

It began the evolution of Paul to put it that way; seriously his 6 on 6 with Ash a few episodes later seemed to be a repeat of the Paul vs. Brandon match.
    Metan likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I never cried watching the anime. I only cried watching the movies lol - movie 3, 6, and 8 really made me cry.

If I had to choose one that made me teary, it was when Ash won the Orange Cup. I didn't get teary the first time I watched it but whenever I get the chance of rewatching that glorious moment, I feel tears welling up while thinking, 'now THAT'S my Ashy-boy'.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

There have been quite a few episodes that have made me cry. Bye Bye Butterfree and Pikachu's Goodbye are some of the few episodes that always make me cry every time I see them. The flashbacks with Butterfree, Butterfree turning around when Ash says goodbye and especially the song in Pikachu's Goodbye just break my heart every time. Gotta Catch Ya Later makes me cry too, although I think it's mainly from the song they use for Misty. Despite being corny and focused more on her friendship with Ash, it always makes me think of the people I've had to say goodbye to. Charizard's Burning Ambitions makes me cry too, especially when it first aired when it seemed like Ash wouldn't see Charizard again.

The episode with Max and Ralts made me cry too, or at least close to it. James giving away Cacnea and Jessie releasing Dustox made me cry too. The later was especially surprising since I never felt that bad for Jessie, at least compared to James or Meowth, but that episode made me feel so sad for her. Seeing her break the Pokeball just so Dustox could have happiness and say that she loves it after it left was heartbreaking. In terms of movies, I still cry in watching Pokemon Heroes and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    In terms of movies, I still cry in watching Pokemon Heroes and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
    That Lucario movie made quite a lot of pepple cry ;_; you gotta hand it to Sir Aaron

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anime episodes or movie scenes that make you tear up

Back when I was young; "The Bridge Bike Gang" when the bike gang was laughing so hard at poor Psyduck and even Ash couldn't help but laugh. I felt SO bad for the yellow duck that I was kind of tearing up because they were being so mean to it!

I just wish that it did get a headache to unleash its power! Misty was about to whack the poor duck in the head with a bicycle in order to do it :/

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast