NEWS: AG (and now DP) airing on boomarang

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AG (and now DP) airing on boomarang

Blog Entries

Default AG (and now DP) airing on boomarang

I've was searching though my local listing and saw that the episodes Hoenn Alone!(the last episode of Master Quest) and Get the Show on the Road! (the first episode of the Advanced Generation series) will be airing on may 22, im excited as i haven't seen those episodes in years i hope this mean boomerang will air the DP series soon
    Last edited by 8ther; 4th October 2012 at 06:23 PM.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: AG airing on boomarang in two weeks!

Well I guess it was to be expected eventually. I wonder if they'll air Battle Frontier too, or only go up to the end of the 4kids era.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It seems that Boomerang has secured the rights to air Season 6 of the English dub. Previously Boomerang had only aired up to the last episode of the dub's fifth season ("You're a Star, Larvitar!"). Now it seems that they will air the first episode of Season 6 ("Address Unown") on Monday, May 14. The last twelve episodes of MQ and the first forty episodes of AG were packed together into the dub's sixth season, so I am not surprised that the channel will air "Get the Show on the Road!" and other episodes of "Pokemon Advanced."

We'll find out in time whether or not Boomerang has secured the rights to replay all of AG, and not just up to "Watt's Up, Watson?".

Blog Entries

It would probably make sense to buy more than one season if they were actually going to bother. I suspect they did get Advance Challenge and Battle, but we'll see.

I think Boomerang should air everything pre-BW now. Even the DP series is 5 years old at this point.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Yay, maybe now I can see all those AG episodes I missed.

And I missed a lot of early AG...

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I missed a fair bit of AG too, not exactly because I wasn't interested, but because I wasn't willing to force myself to wake up in the morning on weekends (my sleep schedule was sort of backwards and messed up when I was a teen). I only got to really know it when CN first picked it up and aired it on weekday afternoons. So now that I have Boomerang, I'm quite happy to have an opportunity to see AG, hopefully all the seasons of it and eventually DP too. If they're still going to air the episodes during the evening, it'll be even better. I could use a nice show to come home to after work.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

WOOOOOOO!!! Believe or not, AG was the first Pokemon series I got into along with the Ruby and Sapphire games. I am SO watching them again.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Figured this would happen sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I think Boomerang should air everything pre-BW now. Even the DP series is 5 years old at this point.
    Not thanks. I prefer Boomerang play cartoons that actually count as "old", not "recent"
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Figured this would happen sooner or later
    Not thanks. I prefer Boomerang play cartoons that actually count as "old", not "recent"
    Well what counts as "old" at this point? AG originally began airing in 2002/2003, which was 10 years ago.

Doesn't Boomerang also air some of the newer DC shows like The Batman from the early 2000's?

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post

Well what counts as "old" at this point? AG originally began airing in 2002/2003, which was 10 years ago.

Doesn't Boomerang also air some of the newer DC shows like The Batman from the early 2000's?
    They did. But that was more about the simplicity of having a show handed to them on a silver platter and not have to worry abotu license and rights.

Boomerang was made to play older cartoons that Cartoon Network itself just didn't have room in the schedule for. I like the them to have shows and shorts that are at least ten years old. AG I'm fine with because it's old enough, but DP is still fresh on my mind, thanks.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

Well you know, as the years fly by there will eventually be too many "classic" shows that are at least 10 years old aired on the channel and the true classics would get crowded out. So they probably will have to draw the line on Pokemon eventually, which is unlikely to stop airing anytime soon.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Blog Entries

^ That doesn't make any sense at all. Most of the cartoons that aired in the 90's and early 2000's are fairly old now.

I know people still think of 90's and 2000's era animation as "recent" but it really isn't. I would hope Boomerang purchases the entire AG generation, if only so it doesn't cut off and start over at some point.
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 9th May 2012 at 02:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Well think about it; there is only so much time in each day/week you can fill with cartoons. As the list grows longer, including more series of Pokemon, eventually they have to decide what to keep airing, and the oldest toons and Pokemon seasons will get priority over the newer ones.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios View Post
    Well think about it; there is only so much time in each day/week you can fill with cartoons. As the list grows longer, including more series of Pokemon, eventually they have to decide what to keep airing, and the oldest toons and Pokemon seasons will get priority over the newer ones.
    But we're in a new decade now. The 2000-2009 decade is over. It's like how the 90's were old, now the '00 decade is old.

2011+ is the start of a new decade. The years progress and everyone ages, and thus cartoons from a previous decade wind up becoming old. As I said its not just for Pokemon, but all those other new cartoons that aired in the early 2000's are pretty old now.

Most of the kids who grew up watching AG are now teenagers themselves. Hell *I* was still in my teens when I was watching AG for the first time back on KidsWB all those years ago.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I think they could probably squeeze some early 2000's stuff in. I'm not saying they shouldn't do AG. But what happens when we get into the 2020s or 30s? What I'm saying is I really don't think they'll go much farther.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast