After the N arc, in the dub... - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: After the N arc, in the dub...

Blog Entries

Default Re: After the N arc, in the dub...

Will this happen ever again is the question.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    Since they'll probably had to edit the opening anyway to correspond with the Decolora Archipelago, it only makes sense they edit the title as well.
    They didn't bother to do that with Episode N and they altered the opening for that arc as well, but it's a bit more necessary to edit the title for the Decolora arc due to the different location.
    I would of liked it if they edited the title to reflect "Episode N" as well but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Blog Entries

The promotion of Pokemon gives a lot of wonders:
    Rival Destinies debuts on BW1 49; But seeing a summary from a Spanish website:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney XD
    Ash se convertirá en el protagonista indiscutible de Disney XD gracias al esperado estreno el día 11 a las 18.45 horas de la nueva temporada de la conocida serie de animación, Pokémon.
    En esta etapa, los seguidores se divertirán con aventuras inéditas en las que el joven entrenador y sus amigos Maya, Iris y Milo
    Translation:
    Ash will be the star of Disney XD thanks to the awaiting premiere on 11th (Febraury) at 6:45 PM of the new season of the known animation series, Pokemon.
    In this new stage, the fans of the series will be entertained with never before seen adventures where the young trainer and his friends Maya, Iris and Millo.

The season start and we only see (I'm with the Japanese schedule, sorry) Ash, Iris and Millo. Let's see the cast of episode 1 (49):
    Ash, Iris, Millo, Elesa, Bel, Joy, Papa de Bel.
    (50): Encina appears and BEl dissppears
    (51) Ferro y Caril appear.
    (52) Mirto appear.
    Starting from the Deino episode, Jessie and James appear.

The question is, who is fucking Maya?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphia View Post
    The question is, who is fucking Maya?
    Well I think that's between them and MayaIt's Dawn's spanish name.

Destinies United Kalos Adventurer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Adventures in Unova and Beyond, huh? I'll admit I laughed at the titlte for a second,
    but then decided to cut TPCi some slack since they probably didn't know about DA
    when they were dubbing the Unova League and the Episode N arc.
    Last edited by Kalos Adventurer; 13th October 2013 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    They could at least go by openings, since the writers intend some sort of unofficial split. Each gen began like that, and I know the OI, BF and season 13 did something close to that, and those worked perfectly.
    No, openings have absolutely NOTHING to do with seasons... they only really matched the seasons from S7 and up
    The 4Kids Seasons (S1-8) each was 52 eps exactly regardless to opening or region or whatever
    So Season 2 is a mix of Kanto and Orange, Season 3 is Orange + Johto, Season 6 is Johto + Hoenn, Season 8 is Hoenn + Battle Frontier...
    Yes it's confusing how it doesn't match the openings/titles but that's how it was
    Why, you ask? because it's much simpler to sell the rights to a 52 eps packages to channels around the world... 52 eps is one of these usual numbers for a show/season's amount of eps and it fits for a whole year of weekly airings... so it actually makes sense, even if for us as fans it may seem weird
    Since 4Kids lost the show, the seasons are still usually around 52 eps but they'd actually end a season "early" if it'd fit to do so, unlike what happened in the 4Kids days...
    So with S9 and up seasons started to match opening/titles and end with more logical eps... that's why Season 9 was 47 eps, Season 10 was 51 eps so that made the season open and end with 3 parters, Seasons 11 and 12 were 52 exactly again, Season 13 was 34 to make it so it'd end with the end of DP... and then the BW seasons were about 47-48 eps and ended with TRio two parters
    I do agree they should've just either originally went with a title that doesn't mention Unova to prevent this mess or just change the title to "Decolora Adventure" / "Adventures in Decolora" (or whatever they call Decolora in the dub) instead of this weird "Unova and Beyond"... but I guess they're at least making the point that this isn't Unova anymore
    I do wonder if with XY they might try to break the show into some sort of 52 eps arcs to make it easier for the dub... since it's clearly Pokémon, both games and anime, is getting more and more of a global thing than a Japanese thing with the time, and I can see them trying to work it out so things will be easier for the dub to handle...

Blog Entries

The DA Arc is not to bad will be good in the Dub I think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    I think it's kinda implied that Decolora Islands are part of Unova region.
    I thought that they weren't given how the first episode of DA arc says that they're leaving Unova. In any case though, according to TV Guide, next week's episode shows that the season title is called Adventures in Unova and Beyond. So, if that is true, that could be a last minute change on TPCI to reflect the change in location, as well as hopefully encourage Cartoon Network to make a new promo since Ash and his friends are not making their way to the Unova League at this point, or in Unova for that matter starting in next week's episode.
    I actually just saw a new commercial on Boomerang for Unova & Beyond. Something about the announcer thinking Team Rocket are the good guys or something like that... Hah.

Haven't seen it air on Cartoon Network yet, though

追放されたバカ

OK, some major updates.

Pokemon.com just posted the synopsis for the next episode, and the title isn't just Farewell, Unova!, it's Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!. It's also confirmed the title of the season will be Pokémon: BW Adventures in Unova and Beyond. The Decolora Islands are now called the Decolore Islands.

Source link here: Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!: (Season 16 - Episode 26) | TV Episodes | Pokemon.com
    Last edited by Fennekin; 22nd July 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

It almost seems like they are pretending that the "and beyond" part always existed in the title. Otherwise, they could have just named it "Adventures in Decolore" or "Adventures in the Decolore Islands", but it seems weird that they changed the title starting with an episode in which they leave Unova, and still keep the word "Unova" in it.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

追放されたバカ

Can anyone with the "Cartoon Network" USA channel confirm if there's been any promos for "Pokémon: BW Adventures in Unova and Beyond" or if they're continuing with the same ones?

"And Beyond?" The logo could've added that as well as the title sequencr change.
    Darth Darkrai likes this.
    Coming soon... Vinesauce corrupts Pokemon! Join Vinny as he catches Pokemon like he'd never seen before!

This way leads to Argolis, but with the power you havepartxnbbcqalwxww
    un2MG0040114A10000 00010
    0_6j00 0 SWXUPLLXVHDMD B
    RYHYN

Blog Entries

They could have said something else better I think.

Blog Entries

374448_383123505142933_1189430034_n.png

Dat logo. Why did the title of BW123 have to include Setting Sail for New Adventures!? If it was just Farewell! Unova! it would seem more plausible that Ash flies away on Reshiram  ̄ー ̄ [since the Pokémon website uses that screencap]
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

What an ugly logo. :/

If the Japanese version ever splits a series into seasons again I hope TPCi keeps them because season 16 has been a mess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast