"Adventures in Unova" Opening

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Dogasu

Thread: "Adventures in Unova" Opening

Default "Adventures in Unova" Opening

with the current release of the opening for episode n and the final dub season of black and white starting soon i been thinking if the opening will be like the one for the second to shinnoh season which for the first bit of it was a cilp show without any japanese footage then as we reach the second half it was switch to having footage from japan.

so will it happen again i wonder the fact the rival destines strecthed all they way into the beginning of best wishes season 2 without an opening change make me think it will so i was think cilp of iris vs drayden and the league will be used for the first half then they switch to be a arrow 2013 footage when the dub of episode n actually starts.

(sorry about the lack of question marks the key doesnt work neither does the comma key)
    Last edited by pokefan2000; 19th January 2013 at 05:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Default re: "Adventures in Unova" Opening

English openings have never changed within the same season. NEVER. Neither will do now
    So they should put footage from both Be an Arrows, original and 2013.

Thus, with Japanese footage from 2 openings, I really hope that they copy as much as they can from both, without placing English-exclusive footage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dino97 View Post
    English openings have never changed within the same season. NEVER.
    Well except for seasons 2, 3 and 6. Although it hasn't happened while TPCi's been in charge of the dub, so it probably won't this time.

The new opening will almost certainly be comprised of clips from Be An Arrow! (2012). Most likely the version with Cameron instead of Dawn. Now, with Rival Destinies - they had clips as much as 18 episodes ahead of where the dub season started. If you use that same logic for season 16 - you get up to about 7 episodes into Episode N, so it's entirely possible that clips from the Episode N opening are in there, too.

What I'd like to see is for there to be clips used from both versions of Be An Arrow (preferably clips from 2013 that don't have washed out colours - like the battle with Cheren or the shots of the Plasma Grunts), but I'm going to guess that it'll all be clips from 2012 and it'll just be out of date for 2/3 of the season.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan
    like the one for the second to shinnoh season which for the first bit of it was a cilp show without any japanese footage then as we reach the second half it was switch to having footage from japan.
    The only reason they did that was because, at the time, Japan was still on its first opening. They didn't have High Touch! to pull any footage from yet and therefore had to resort to using episode clips / footage from the first ending theme instead.

That's not going to be an issue this time.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

The opening changed when the show switched to HD back in DP. Admittedly, there was a more pressing reason for that than there is this time around, but still.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Considering they can't even change the promo for the show mid-season I doubt they'd ever bother changing the clips - hence generic running scenes that are fairly timeless. I think the first BW2 opening is more suitable as a source for the dub in that regard, except for the clips showing the rivals, most of it could be used the whole season without being obviously outdated like the current opening is.

Hopefully the pan across Ash's old Pokemon and the group shot at the end are both used in the dub opening, perhaps adding the Team Plasma/N shots in somewhere from the newest Japanese opening.

I suppose it will depend a bit on the tone of the music - I can't imagine 'Adventures in Unova' being paired with the fairly dark look of the episode N stuff. Some of the scenes from the new ending would be perfect for that theme, but that's not the sort of stuff the dub opening generally uses - especially being still shots.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
    Well except for seasons 2, 3 and 6. Although it hasn't happened while TPCi's been in charge of the dub, so it probably won't this time.

The new opening will almost certainly be comprised of clips from Be An Arrow! (2012). Most likely the version with Cameron instead of Dawn. Now, with Rival Destinies - they had clips as much as 18 episodes ahead of where the dub season started. If you use that same logic for season 16 - you get up to about 7 episodes into Episode N, so it's entirely possible that clips from the Episode N opening are in there, too.

What I'd like to see is for there to be clips used from both versions of Be An Arrow (preferably clips from 2013 that don't have washed out colours - like the battle with Cheren or the shots of the Plasma Grunts), but I'm going to guess that it'll all be clips from 2012 and it'll just be out of date for 2/3 of the season.
    sorry for this one. It changed in Galactic Battles (season 12). Still, it was kept intact in season 2,3,6. (As for you haters, and your Mime Jr. incident, I don't care)
    Last edited by Zexy; 19th January 2013 at 02:03 PM.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope they combine clips from both Japanese openings during this timeframe. There's a reason why the season is called "Adventures in Unova" and not "Unova League something-or-whatever", so it would make sense to put a few Episode N clips alongside the league footage.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I think they could combine the 2 be a arrow openings. Sorta like how advance battle opening combined "symphonic melody" and "battle frontier" openings. Although I think they will use the first be a arrow opening.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Moe
    I suppose it will depend a bit on the tone of the music - I can't imagine 'Adventures in Unova' being paired with the fairly dark look of the episode N stuff.
    That's never stopped them before. Remember the Season 10 opening?

"...as we fight for survival, nothing can stop you Diamond & Pearl (Pokemon!)"
    (shows clip of Dawn in her Contest dress throwing two Contest Balls that contain Piplup and Buneary)

-_-
    Moe, 3Dchu, Musashi and 2 others like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: "Adventures in Unova" Opening

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    I hope they combine clips from both Japanese openings during this timeframe. There's a reason why the season is called "Adventures in Unova" and not "Unova League something-or-whatever", so it would make sense to put a few Episode N clips alongside the league footage.
    I think that they're going to do that as well. It would make sense to combine some images from both openings, especially when they'll be dealing with Episode N a lot longer than they'll focus on the Unova League, and the openings tend to have spoilers for the dub audience anyway, so it would fit.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

I'm certain about one thing being in the opening: Charizard. Like RD had Unfezant...

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

They will most likely have footage from the "N" opening considering this will be the last season
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Blog Entries