From 1-10 how would you rate each saga? - Page 5

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: From 1-10 how would you rate each saga?

Blog Entries

Default Re: From 1-10 how would you rate each saga?

Ratings of these saga. I will separate through each dub season of the saga not counting dub-only issues.
    -Kanto saga: 7
    -Orange Islands saga: 6.5.
    -Johto saga: 5.5. In it:
    --Johto Journeys: 5.5; Johto League Champions: 4; Master Quest: 7.

-Hoenn saga: 8.25.
    --Advanced: 7,5; Advanced Challenge: 8.5; Advance Battle (until League): 8.5
    -Battle Frontier (all BF saga): 8.

-Sinnoh saga: 9.
    -Diamond and Pearl: 8.5; Battle Dimension; 9.25; Galactic Battles: 8.75; Sinnoh League Victors: 9.

-Unova saga: 6,75.
    --Season 1: 7; Season 2: 6 (thanks, League); Season 2N: Until now: 7.75.

Pokemon Leagues:
    -Indigo. 5,5.
    -Orange: 8,5.
    -Johto: 9.
    -Hoenn: 7,5.
    -Sinnoh: 8,5.
    -Unova: 4.

Grand Festivals:
    Hoenn: 7.5.
    Kanto: 8,5.
    Sinnoh: 8,75.

Characters (OS/AG/DP/BW)
    Ash: (8/8,5/9/8)
    Misty: 7
    Brock: (7/7/6/--)
    Tracey: 6.
    May: 8,25
    Max: 6,5
    Dawn: 9
    Iris: 7
    Cilan: 7,25.
    Team Rocket: (7,75/6,5/7/5,5)

Other important arcs: (For Region 1/2/3/4/5)
    Gyms Battles (3/6/7,25/9,25/7).
    Contests: (--/--/8,5/9,25/--).
    Battle Frontier Battles: 8.

Other arcs:
    Whirl Cup arc: 7,5.
    Team Aqua/Magma finale: 5.
    Tag Battle Tournament: 9,25.
    Wallace Cup: 10.
    Summer School arc: 7.5.
    HGSS arc: 8,25.
    Galactic Finale: 7,5.
    Club Battle: 7.
    Clubsplosion: 7,5.
    Dawn/Cynthia/Meloetta/Junior Cup arc: 7,25 (In particular, Operation Tempest: 8,5)
    Episode N Climax: Not aired yet.

Cameos: Misty 1: 7: Misty 2: 5,5; May: 9,25; Dawn: 6,25.
    Rival /Side characters:
    Oak 9; Delia 8; Gary 7,5; Giovanni 6 (7,5 in BW); Ritchie 5; Casey 4; Drew 8,75; Harley 8; Morrison N/A; Tyson N/A; Solidad N/A; Johanna 8,25; Rowan 7,5, Paul 7.75; Barry 8.25, Conway 7,5; Nando 6,75; Tobias 5,5; Zoey 9; Kenny 5; Ursula 8,5; Jessilina (Jessie), 7,5; Cynthia 9; Trip 5; Bainca 8; Stephan 8.5; Cameron 4; Virgil 6.5; Georgia 7.5; Burgundy 6.5, Luke 8, N 8; Ghetsis N/A, Colress N/A

I put a complete rating of the results.

Follow Virgil134 on Tumblr

Kanto: 7/10
    Orange Islands: 6.5/10
    Johto: 6.5/10
    Hoenn: 5/10
    Battle Frontier: 6/10
    Sinnoh: 6.5/10
    Unova: 7.5/10

Blog Entries

I rate them based on Ashs development.

Kanto - omg I love pokemon its so fresh and new. Wow charizard is mega pewpew....dam he fell asleep. 9/10
    Orange Islands - Guess no other regions I'll ride round on this Lapras....whos this tracy guy 5/10. This all seems like I'm wasting time.
    Johto - Land ahoy onwards to gyms! also finally got rid of tracy, onwards to some more battles 7/10
    Hoenn - Seriously I think I getting pretty dam good I beat some legendaries and kicked ass 9/10
    Sinnoh - Well I kicked Hoenns ass so I guess I'll start over pretty much with a new set. God I'm good at this training. Wow I still kick ass 10/10
    Unova - I think I must of banged my head at some point....whats a pokeball....why are the pokemon I'm raising showing no improvement....are those my feet? This is my worse squad ever. 4/10

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kanto: 8/10
    Orange: 7.5/10
    Johto: 6/10
    Hoenn: 8/10
    Battle Frontier: 7/10
    DP: 7.5-8/10
    Unova: 6/10

Johto and Unova are my least favorite, but I don't think they're altogether bad hence my "6/10" rating and not something lower,

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kanto: 6/10 Lots of great comedy, but with several flaws that I could name about it that I didn't like. Though, I supose some of them *might* be forgivable, knowing that it was the beginning of the series

Orange Islands 5-6/10 Meh. The battle climax was epic, but I just can't say I was a fan, overall, of the way the Orange Crew challenges were done.

Johto 5/10 Had improved gym battles compared to Kanto, but was filled with too many repetitive, dry fillers (with some occasional good ones). Can be fixed simply by excluding the worst fillers.

Hoenn 8/10 Fairly good all around minus some of the cheap battle victories (though this does also apply to BF).

Battle Frontier 6/10 Not bad, but basically just a continuation of AG that was rushed most of the time - which I suspect was probably the cause of the lack of Kanto references through most of the saga.

Sinnoh 9/10 I've probably explained well enough by now why I personally consider this to be the highlight of the anime. Of course, there were a few stumbling blocks that make me cringe a bit, but overall, everything it offered more than made up for that.

Unova:
    Season 1 4-5/10
    Season 2 3/10
    Season N TBA

Ouch. This saga has its moments, but I feel that there were so many things that went wrong in this saga.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Johto and Unova are my least favorite, but I don't think they're altogether bad hence my "6/10" rating and not something lower,
    Your constant rants about how much you wish Johto could be redone, how happy everyone was when it ended, etc. sure don't seem to be in line with such a score.
    Last edited by Trainer Gabriel; 13th March 2013 at 02:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    Your constant rants about how much you wish Johto could be redone, how happy everyone was when it ended, etc. sure don't seem to be in line with such a score.
    Johto gets a 6/10 and not lower because it DID do some things right, and there were some individual filler episodes that were quite funny. I mostly complain about the arc for what it did to my childhood more than anything else.

Same with Best Wishes, as much as I dislike a lot of it, there are indeed some things I really like about it, even if everything isn't handled that well.

Blog Entries

Well, as much as Johto gets stuff right when it's important, I felt it would be unfair if I didn't factor in that there was so much filler in Johto. After all that I've been through, though, perhaps I am willing to rate it a bit higher but only if something gives me reason to think that Johto doesn't completely irritate the pants off me, as Kanto and Unova does. What I remember of it, it doesn't, but it's been a while since I've watched any of Johto. I'm hesistant because just thinking about the 4kids dub leaves a sour taste in my stomach. (no, I refuse to watch subs) That is something I should not factor, though. I factor it for Kanto and Unova because I know that even in the raw, it was corny. Then again, I'd have to also adjust my rating of Orange because that one is for sure a resounding "meh" for me. (although that's because I remember nothing of it except for a few eps and the final battles) Ok ok, I guess I'll do it, but this will require a lot of soul searching.

Kanto: 2 (5 for comedy)
    Orange: 5
    Johto: 5.5
    Hoenn: 6
    Battle Frontier: 7
    Sinnoh: 8
    Unova League 2.25

This is based on the matter that I consider 5 the middle of the scale, and thus worthy of "meh". I couldn't change the ratings for everything Hoenn and beyond, until Unova. I kept the lowest where they are because they're still worthy of a lot of hate from me, but they're not absolutely horrid, admittedly. (Pretty doggone close, though) Due to mediating circumstances, I had to pull what I originally did for Unova and only admit that Johto is a bit better than Orange, but only because I can remember it better than Orange. When it does get stuff right, it is pretty good, but there is no way the filler doesn't weigh it down.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Original Series - 9/10 - What can I say? This is what made me a Pokemon fan. Is nostalgia a big part of this rating? Yes! But I loved the humor in the show back in more than some later episodes, and there was just some kind of magic in Kanto that I haven't seen in the latest series. Also, love the Pokemon. Massive <3 to Squirtle, Muk, Kingler, Bulbasaur, Psyduck, Meowth, and Horsea. <3 It loses a point for some of the worst gym battles in the series history though.

Orange Islands - 10/10 - Captures the essence of Kanto pretty much and puts its own spin on gyms. I also loved the gym leaders, and the fillers for the most part kept me entertained. Also, I am a Tracey fan.

Johto - 6/10 - It was decent but.. meh. Just didn't have the *IT* factor. A lot of the Pokemon really should have evolved, and the series was too long. Props to the Water tournament though, that was probably the best part about the saga for the most part. I also wish Misty and Brock had more to do. Also, Wobbuffett <3

Hoenn - 9/10 - I feel like Hoenn has aged really well? Or maybe I was just biased against it when it first came out, since I was a die hard Misty fan and wanted May to be sent on a one way trip to the sun. But honestly, the contests were a breath of fresh air and May was an adorable character, I really do like her now! Max was also a welcome addition to the team, though lol Brock is kind of useless. This series also came up with some memorable Pokemon that I loved, like Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, ect <3 Also, Harley and Drew >>> all. It makes me sad that they most likely won't ever be seen again.

Sinnoh - 0/10 - J.K. I haven't seen enough to rate this series, so I'm not going to bother. BUT I heard some good stuff about it, so I may have to start a watch asap. Although apparently the writers ship away my beloved Aipom because of some gawd awful Ping Pong tournament? Eeeeeek. On second thought, maybe I shouldn't touch this series lol.

Unova - I've only seen a couple episodes of this series so I'm not sure if I should bother to start watching from what I've read about it, lol. I mean if it isn't good I don't want to waste my time.

Does anyone have a suggestion with what I should watch first, Sinnoh or Unova? Sinnoh is apparently more well reviewed and I do like contests, but Unova is ~current~ and in right now and I kind of want to be where everyone else is right now. Decisions, Decisions.
    Last edited by Togemon; 13th March 2013 at 02:20 AM.

Kanto - 9/10
    Orange Islands - 8/10
    Johto - 8/10
    AG - 6/10
    DP - 9/10
    BW - 0/10

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Kanto 6 (I really don't like all that Kanto hype)
    OI 6 (We got some nice eps, like Charizard Chills and vs Drake 2-part, but also TONS of fillers!)
    Johto 8 (The first 2 seasons were a huge FU! Master Quest made it nice, though!)
    Hoenn 7 (Plain simple. Advantages n Disadvatnges in this one)
    BF 9 (My favourite season, nice battles and Contests)
    Sinnoh 8 (We can praise-n-troll for days about DP...)
    Unova League 7 (A fresh feel, still has its problems)
    Episode N 7 (Iris/Cilan second fiddle, some annoying fillers, new Team Rocket, yet Reshiram/Charizard in it)
    Da ? (NYI)

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Indigo League - 9
    It was great, the pacing was perfect for what and when it was. Ash's noobness was understandable because he was 10 and just started.
    I cried at Pikachu's Goodbye, and I love the 90's animation for nothing more than nostalgia reasons. There's nothing better than seeing Ash's chin longer than it should be because the artist drew it wrong. My only complaint is... Well... His Pokemon were just there...

Orange Islands - F*** off

Johto Journeys - 10
    I believe this is my favourite theme song by far. Anytime I mention another favourite theme song, I haven't abandoned this one, I just mean my favourite besides this exciting masterpiece. Can you imagine? I was 5, I didn't know of Gold/Silver because I hadn't seen it advertised (listen up kids, there was a time when people didn't really have the internet. It's called the 90's), so after seeing Elekid and Sudowoodo on posters in newsagents, wondering what the feck Donphan was, I saw the Johto intro. I didn't know any of the Pokemon on it, and it was a new amazing theme song.
    The series itself was also great generally.

Johto League Champions - 6
    Bit of a filler series. I never watch much of the second series of a generation. Don't know why. In Sinnoh's case it was everything after Battle Dimension.
    Still, was good.

Master Quest - 9
    Easily the best in terms of nostalgia for me. I'd wake up in the morning following a sleepover with my best mate and Pokemon buddy and we'd watch marathons on Toonami (Remember that?) and play Pokemon Blue/Red. The series also generally ruled. Ash VS Gary... Splendid!

Advanced - 8
    Some good episodes, but I got kinda bored.

Advanced Challenge - 6
    Watched not much of, as I said.

Advanced Battle - 9
    Groudon VS Kyogre. Everything after the Claydol episode was genius.

Battle Frontier - 10
    I reckon my favourite series? It has Sinnoh Pokemon (I love the Pokemon from that region), my second favourite theme song, my favourite in-game area, it was perfect. Oh, it's also the reason Aipom is my favourite Pokemon. It's weird, I think of everything after Less Is Morrison as Battle Frontier, but those eps are also my highlights of Advanced Battle... I dunno. I guess Battle Frontier starts from Fear Factor Phony. Help?!

Diamond & Pearl - 4
    Lazy title, terrible series generally. I hate Dawn with a passion, she took up WAY too much screen time. As girly as I am, I wanted Ash. His rivalry with Paul score it the 4 points for me.

DP Battle Dimension - 4
    The Rise Of Darkrai. Besides most songs from the first three films, We Will Be Heroes is my favourite song from a movie (I also love the subtle shouting of Darkrai's name, I don't know why). What does the series opening do then? SCREWS THE FIRST VERSE IN THE ARSE. The four points being the opening and Paul.

DP Galactic Battles - Ahhh....

DP Sinnoh League Victors - 1
    JUST BATTLE VOLKNER ALREADY. That's all I can say without running the risk of getting banned.

Black & White - 8
    Lazy title but it works here. It's back to basics, and it works for me. Also, the focus is once again on Ash. What could possibly go wrong? Ash's Pokemon have no god-damn personality again. OH THE AUDACITY.

BW Rival Destinies - 7
    Ehhh... It got good when we got Best Wishes 2 episodes. I preferred Dawn here, I was still recovering from her over-exposure in DP. Ugh...

BW Adventures In Unova - 10
    Unova League from the beginning, then Episode N (THREE YEARS I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A PLASMA PLOT), then whatever the hell was just announced.
    But still, CHARIZARD. GENESECT. N. COLRESS. Christ, I love it already.

[SIZE=5]Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.[SIZE]

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
    "I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Diamond & Pearl receives the highest in my opinion, with 8/10.
    The Indigo League will be up next with a 7.5/10.
    Advanced Generation would follow that in my opinion with a similar 7/10.
    The Orange Islands would follow that with a 6/10.
    Then the Johto episodes would be next with a 5.5/10.
    And lastly, the Unova saga with a 4/10.

I really loved the Diamond & Pearl series, not just for the higher focus on the Team Galactic plot, but Paul was frankly the best rival and there was true antagonism between him and Ash. Unova is the worst because...too many gimmicks, absolutely dire pacing and what the hell was up with the Unova league?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Togemon View Post
    Does anyone have a suggestion with what I should watch first, Sinnoh or Unova? Sinnoh is apparently more well reviewed and I do like contests, but Unova is ~current~ and in right now and I kind of want to be where everyone else is right now. Decisions, Decisions.
    Well Sinnoh is 191 episodes, so if you don't want to watch all of it, just watch the most plot-centric episodes of it and skip through the fillers. DP's highlights were the Ash/Paul rivalry, Ash's Sinnoh team, Pokehunter J, Team Galactic, and Ash being at his strongest as a Pokemon trainer. Dawn's Contest arc was good, but she had terrible rivals so it just wasn't as interesting to watch as May's interactions with her rivals. Brock is just kinda dead weight at this point. The DP trio was bland as a group but if you ignore that you should be fine.

Best Wishes finally drops Brock for Cilan, and Iris is pretty much a Misty redux. But a lot of the other aspects of this saga are a bit disappointing.

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Togemon View Post
    Sinnoh. Your reasons for Unova aren't really reasons.

[SIZE=5]Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.[SIZE]

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
    "I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

Blog Entries

Indigo - 6
    Orange - 5
    Joutou - 4
    Advanced Generation - 8
    Diamond & Pearl - 10
    Best Wishes - 5

I really saw AG as a big improvement from the original series, and DP has been the peak of the anime since BW turned out to be very disappointing to me.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast