TEEN: Wind & Rain [UPDATE] [4/15/14]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wind & Rain [UPDATE] [4/15/14]

East Unova Resident SuperTrainStationH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Wind & Rain [UPDATE] [4/15/14]

NOTE: A full introduction to this series with maps and background info can be found beneath the episode listings in this post.

THE EPISODES:

Due to the extensive formatting necessary, the episode scripts may appear to be longer than they really are, and possibly intimidating, but I actually wrote them to be as compact and digestible to read as possible.

Because this forum’s posting interface wasn't designed to support fully formatted screenplays, the episodes will be posted mainly as PDFs hosted here on the forum itself.

I’ve spent HOURS experimenting with other methods, but this is the only way I could find to post the episode scripts here without sacrificing their integrity.

Thanks for your understanding.

SEASON ONE

Episode 1 - Wind & Rain Begins

• Pokémon Airball superstar Cruise Elroy and his Flygon, Sophia, are attacked by a Pokemon poacher hired by Cruise’s arch-nemesis. Will their fellow Arverna Cyclones teammates ever see them again?

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 2 - Pokémon Warrior

• Three months after the attack by Hunter J, Cruise awakens on a mysterious island to find all his Pokémon missing, and himself severely injured. His new Pokémon, Edgar the Espeon, begins to help him recover.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 3 - Salutation

• After Cruise’s Pokémon (sans Sophia) are recovered, Edgar the Espeon struggles to adjust to his new family, still feeling loyalty toward his deceased original trainer.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 4 - Bonfire

• Cruise and his Pokémon enter Far Island's Pokémon Warrior Academy and begin training to rescue Sophia the Flygon from Hunter J.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 5 - To the Athlete Dying Young

• The missing Crusie Elroy is presumed dead back in his home region, and a televised public memorial is held, at which the Champion of the Pokémon League is schedueled to speak about an unfolding viral outbreak that’s killed hundreds of Pokémon.

Unless a powerful sabotour silences her.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 6 - The Cold

• Seth Bedgood, man who hired Hunter J to kidnap Sophia the Flygon panics when Cruise’s teammates put out a public call for tips leading to Cruise and Sophia’s whereabouts, and hurries with his henchmen to Driftveil City Cold Storage, where Sophia is being held captive.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 7 - Smoke in the Night

• Sophia’s experience following the events of Episode 6.

Back on Far Island, Cruise and Edgar the Espeon experience an unexpected phenomenon.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 8 - Beautifly Effect

• The events which unfold at Cruise Elroy’s funeral influence Team Rocket’s plan to invade Unova. As a favor Seth Bedgood, Giovanni sends three D Rank agents into Sinnoh to sabotage Team Galactic.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 9 - Bounce the Deerling Goes

• Back on Far Island, Cruise’s Deerling, Bounce, brings Stillwell the Wooper into the forest to go potty. Bad things happen.

Meanwhile, in Arverna City, Cruise’s teammates and the Champion of Munia discuss the implications of Grings Kodai’s attempt to sabotage Cruise’s public memorial.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 10 - Burning Freeway

• The following morning, Cruise’s other Pokémon search the forest for the missing Bounce and Stillwell, fearing the worst.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 11 - Deceit

• Continuing where Episode 9 left off, Bounce and Stillwell fight for their lives in the forest.

Back in East Unova, Champion Shania leaves the Arverna Cyclones behind return to Pokémon League headquarters, where she’s due to hold a press conference on the viral outbreak that’s been killing Pokémon in her region.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 11 - Shadows on the Wall of the Cave (Season 1 Finale!!)

• Bounce and Stillwell’s struggle for survival in the forest comes to an end.

Meanwhile, in Munia, Grings Kodai attends a secret meeting in the region’s capitol, Riverhead City, to plot against Champion Shania.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

SEASON TWO

Episode 13 - Sounding the False Alarm

• Cruise's newly evolved Pokémon, having survived their ordeal, are reunited in the forest in Far Island.
    • Champion Shania holds a televised press conference about the Pokémon-killing virus that is spreading throughout the Munia region.

Episode 14 - The Myth of Munia

• Champion Shania enlists her secretary to investigate the fire-alarm-pulling at the Pokémon League press conference.
    • On Far Island, Cruise's Pokémon share stories of the Munia's region's legendary Pokémon.

Episode 15 - Here's Merzie! - Part 1

• The action shifts to ten years ago, when Cruise, Shania, and Chase were children on their first Pokémon journey.
    • They meet a little tiny Dratini in the wild!

Episode 16 - Here's Merzie! - Part 2: Team Quasar Attacks!

• 10 years ago, the evil Team Quasar attempts to kidnap the Dragonair of Lake Mantioch!
    • Cruise, Cary, Chase, and their Pokémon come to the rescue!

Episode 17 - Kodai’s Secret Weapon

• Kodai’s evil plan enters its next phase, he reveals a secret weapon.
    • Champion Shania speaks to a disease expert about the Pokémon viral outbreak.

Introduction:

Wind & Rain is the story of Unova’s neighboring region, Munia, and the struggle of Munia’s people and Pokémon.

This conflict is told from the perspectives both of Trainers, and their Pokémon.

Wind & Rain ties in with the events of the “Pokémon Black & White” video games, and with the events of the anime and films, particularly “Zoroark: Master of Illusions”, though this story revolves around original characters, settings and plotlines, rather than Ash and his friends.

Those hungry for something other than a “trainer story” or “Pokémon journey fic” will hopefully find some enjoyment here.

Wind & Rain is a television series, divided into episodes, and possibly some day, entire seasons.

It is written in a modified screenplay format combined with prose.

I know that scripts and screenplays have an extremely bad reputation in the fanfiction arena due to lazy writers putting out “chatfics” and calling them scripts, but those sorts of fics generally have little to nothing to do with the practices and conventions of writing an ACTUAL script.

Hopefully I can create something that shows the virtues of the format when its used properly and when hard work is invested into it.

After years of various attempts at telling this story as prose, while taking television and film writing classes in college I discovered that this was the best possible way I can meet the unique demands of this story, which I’ve been dying for years to tell.

While Wind & Rain’s format is unusual, I hope readers are willing to give this a chance.

If you read this and like it, providing feedback is absolutely essential and appreciated.

If this gets a positive reaction, I will write additional seasons with the intent of eventually realizing the complete series, which should have between ten and twenty seasons of various length.

Thanks for checking this out.

I hope you enjoy it.

Ratings Info:

Setting Primer:
    1. Unova appears as it does in the games and anime. As in canon, it is based upon New York City and New Jersey.

2. Munia is a large region which stretches east of Unova . It is based upon the real-life region of Long Island, New York.

3. Unova and Munia share their local Pokédex. The 156 Pokémon species native to Unova are also considered native to Munia. Pokémon species from other regions have lived in Munia for centuries as well. These “outlanders” actually outnumber Munia's “native” Pokémon.

4. The District of East Unova is a small, independent territory east of Undella Bay. It is based upon the real-life areas of Rockaway and Broad Channel, in New York City.

5. Wind & Rain does not concern Ash or his friends, but takes place congruently with events seen in the show and films. It begins three months prior to Ash’s arrival in the Sinnoh region.
    (If you’d like specifics it begins the same time as the Kanto Battle Frontier arc of Advanced Generations, which I perceive as taking place over the course of three months)

Maps:
    Maps will be updated as the series progresses. There are many towns and landmarks aside from those featured on the map of Munia. The map of East Unova however, is essentially complete.
    Photos of the real life regions are included for comparison.

New York City:

Unova and East Unova:

Long Island, NY:

Munia region:

How to Read It:

The format of Wind & Rain very self explanatory, but since this may be some reader's first exposure to anything resembling a professionally written screenplay, I created a simple little "tutorial" type thing to explain what everything in the episode scripts mean. This isn’t at all essential to read or understand this fic, but if someone needs it, hopefully it helps.

tutorial.pdf
    Last edited by SuperTrainStationH; 15th April 2014 at 02:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Wind & Rain [Episode 1: Wind & Rain Begins]

Episode 1 - Wind & Rain Begins

• The story begins.
    • Hunter J attacks.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 1 PDF:
    (recommended method)
    Wind_and_rain_Episode_1.pdf

WEBPAGE EPISODE LINK:
    Wind & Rain Episode 1

OPENING PREVIEW:
    (this is not the full episode, its just to give an idea of what the episodes scripts will look like)

Last edited by SuperTrainStationH; 27th July 2013 at 08:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Wind & Rain [Episode 1: Wind & Rain Begins]

Well, I've never read something like this before, so it's a definitely a new and interesting experience for me. That being said, I can't comment much on the style or format (or whatever you call it XD) of this story/series since I really don't know very much about scriptwriting for TV/Films. Still, I do think that you've done a great job with the first episode, at least plot-wise. You've definitely piqued my interest for your work and I do feel the urge to follow this story despite the fact that it's not exactly prose which I'm more inclined to read. But hey, new things aren't always bad, right? :3

I really like how well thought out this all seems to be; even your introductory post has a sense of (I dunno what to call it) formality or preciseness to it that just gives off the impression that you really did put a lot of thought, time, and effort/hard work into this series, which is really good - I personally think readers would be more inclined to like a story (or at least stick around for a while) if they think that the writer has at least given it some thought and has been working on it to the best of their abilities and not just thrown it out there or something. XD

I'm interested to see what features/landmarks/stuff like that Munia has and what makes it different from the other canon regions in the Pokemon world. I like how this story is set in a new location but still has some relation to the other (canon) parts of the Pokemon world, which I think gives it a more realistic feel, especially since this is written as a TV series, so it ties in very well if it is to be taken as an actual anime series. I also like how you've introduced us to the villains/antagonists straight away and how you've introduced something new and unique to this world - Pokemon Skyball. I think it's very rare that we get to see new additions to the Pokemon universe in fics that are supposedly set in a somewhat canon version of the world, so it's nice to see something new and possibly very engaging (I love sports, okay? XD). Furthermore, it's nice just cos it seems like there's something else we'll be following, not just a reular ol' gym or contest challenge or whatever else.

This Hunter J character has grabbed my interest as well and I'm very much intrigued about her backstory and stuff of that sort. I like how you've given her a strong, commanding (and perhaps intimidating/taunting, as well) aura about her and also a selfish kind of personality - someone who's only concerned about personal gain, self-preservation. I also like how they all call her, "Sir!" which again emphasizes her authority over them and her, I guess you could say, reputation or well-respected figure. Seth Bedgood, I can see turning into a very dark character already, though as for Cruise, I think that he is sortof lacking in some aspect? I dunno, it's probably just me, but I don't feel that we're given that much insight into his character just yet... That's just fine, though, since it's only the first chapter, but I just thought that he seemed inferior to Hunter J in terms of characterization...

"Now get MacHeath out to sea before they're witnesses."
    --I think you mean, "there're" as a contraction of "there are"?
    "...to produce world class offspring so his Airball team can win matches."
    --Earlier, when the Narrator was narrating, he called the sport, "Pokemon Skyball" which I presume to be one and the same with this "Airball" thing Hunter J is talking 'bout here...
    I think you also missed a comma or two somewhere (one before a "sir" can't exactly remember where so it isn't really a big deal).

But anyways, I still really enjoyed reading through this first episode. You gave us a lot of material to work with and the imagery was (surprisingly) rather vivid (I could see them as though I was watching the episode on television, and the battle scene was described brilliantly as well), especially considering it was written in this kind of style/format. Keep up the great work, keep writing, and best of luck for future episodes! :)
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wind & Rain [Episode 1: Wind & Rain Begins]

MuddyMudkip, Thanks for giving my fic a chance and for leaving such a detailed reply on the first episode.

I'm glad you appreciated everything I've invested in it even given how little content there is at this point. I hope if you come back for future episodes you enjoy those as well.

This format is actually extremely reliant on description when done properly. It hopefully SHOULD feel like watching a TV show and I'm glad it had that impact on you even though you aren't accustomed to reading scripts.

That's part of the reason why it irks me when some writers crank out "chatfics" with virtually no description or content, call it a "script", and leave others with the impression that scriptwriting is about writing as lazily as possible.

Thanks for the glowing impression of Hunter J, but I have to inform you, she's not my character!

She's a secondary villain from the Diamond and Pearl series of the anime, and her appearance in Episode 1 and her mention of heading to Sinnoh is a reference to her actual appearance in the show, which occurs several months after the day this chapter is set.

She's probably one of the better villains to appear in the series and she actually directly tries to kill Ash several times.

If you liked her appearance in my fic, you should probably check out the six episodes of the anime she appeared in. Try to avoid spoilers though as her arc has a rather unexpected ending.

Thanks for catching that obsolete reference to "Skyball", that's an early name I had for the sport and it still popped up here and there in the script. I totally managed to overlook it. Thanks to you I can be sure to make sure it doesn't happen in future episodes and I edited it out of the copy posted here.

However, I'm not aware of the use of "there're" in common written American English, and this isn't something I'm new at.

Thanks for the enormously warm and detailed review! Sorry I took so long to get back to you!

Blog Entries

Post Wind & Rain [Episode 2: Pokémon Warrior]

Episode 2 - Pokémon Warrior

• A warrior awakens.
    • The true villains emerge.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 2 PDF:
    (recommended method)
    Wind_and_Rain_Episode_2(version2).pdf

WEBPAGE EPISODE LINK:
    (not recommended)
    Wind & Rain Episode 2

OPENING PREVIEW:
    (this is not the full episode, its only pages one and two)

Last edited by SuperTrainStationH; 10th August 2013 at 07:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Post Wind & Rain [Episode 3: Salutation]

Episode 3 - Salutation

• A family is reunited.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 3 PDF:
    (recommended method)
    Wind_and_Rain_Episode_3(version2).pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SuperTrainStationH; 10th August 2013 at 07:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Wind & Rain [Episode 3: Salutation]

Quick Review for Episode 2:
    As with the first one, I really enjoyed reading through this and letting the words paint brilliant, vivid images in my head. Just like the first one, I could really imagine everything clearly, and the pacing was very nice, keeping me on edge at the right times. The dramatic touches here and there worked very well as well; it wasn't over the top, so good job on that, too! :)
    We get introduced to a lot of new characters here and I like how there's still some amount of uniqueness/distinct characterization between them. Furthermore, I'm also very curious about the backstories of Edgar and Alexander's little girl - can't wait to know more about them; it does seem like they might contribute a fair bit to the plot here and there. And the bad guys, hmm, interesting, to say the least; can't really comment on them that much since it all still seems to be shrouded in a cloud of mystery, but I'm sure we'll get to see more of that eventually. And this Kodai guy, hmm, very intriguing...

A few things:
    "At least it was till Pokémon Boccer came around, but that's not a real sport anyway, and -"
    --Boccer?
    "So you suspect fowl play?"
    --I think you mean, "foul" ^_^
    "We can could keep him in bed another few months, keep giving him medicine."
    --can or could? xD

I really liked Clarene's final words, too; dramatic (but not overly-so) and adds a nice touch that we often see in TV/Films, and they're really just some deep and meaningful words in general, so it really adds a great layer of depth, emotion and sincerity to the scenes taking place and sets everything in motion for the next episode - it leaves the reader (or if this was an actual TV series, the viewer xD) hanging and eager for the next installment. Great job again! :)

And Episode 3:
    Short (well, maybe not THAT short, but it still felt a bit shorter than the previous two, since it was mostly dialogue, but that's fine xD) and sweet! :3 As always, you seem to have a way with characterizing all these characters, and I especially like theor somewhat contrasting personalities. I like how Lakehurst is like the oldest and wisest/most sensible of the bunch, who calms everyone else down and talks some sense to them as serenely as possible, and that Freeway's really energetic and headstrong... I also loves the dialogue between Lakehurst and Edgar; it was a rather emotional/dramatic part, but just like in episode 2, it wasn't overdone/exaggerated, so it was very nicely done in my opinion. :)

The only error I saw in this part was in here, "STILLWELL jumps up and down upon bounce, shouting excitedly." "bounce" should be all caps, as in "BOUNCE", if I'm not mistaken...? ^_^;;

Other than that, I don't have much else to say, except keep up the good work! ^_^ I'll be looking forward to more. :)
    Last edited by MuddyMudkip; 10th August 2013 at 03:20 AM.
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wind & Rain [Episode 3: Salutation]

Thanks for your feedback on Episodes 2 and 3.

I’m glad you enjoyed them and that the words were able to paint “brilliant vivid images” in your head.

I know this is a “format” in which people have generally come to expect minimal to no description when it comes to fanfiction, and even aside from that, it can be a tad of a challenge to jump in and read if you’ve only read prose in the past, so thanks for giving it a chance and I’m glad it “worked” for you.

They’ll be a lot of good villain action in the near future, and I hope once the mystery begins to play out you’ll find them even more interesting.

I’m also glad you seemed to have enjoyed all of Cruise’s Pokémon who I’ve introduced so far.

You’ll be hearing more from all of these characters. I tried very hard to be sure everything that’s in the story is important, so if you chose to stick around for future episodes I hope you enjoy them.

Thanks for reading and writing back!

ERROR STUFF:

Pokémon Boccer is a thing. You'll hear a little more a bout it later.

That aside, I don't think that Chase suspects that Cruise has been pecked to death by chickens, and I sure did let the "jump" and "BOUNCE" things throw me to a loop.

That being, fixed these mistakes and updated the PDF files. Thanks for noticing those mistakes. Gonna try to be more attentive with future proofreading efforts, but as often is the case, my brain "autocorrects" my own mistakes often.

Blog Entries

Post Wind & Rain [Episode 4: Bonfire]

Episode 4 - Bonfire

• A warrior's training beings.
    • Unseen eyes bear witness to battle.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 4 PDF:
    (recommended method)
    Wind_and_Rain_Episode_4.pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:

Blog Entries

Post Wind & Rain [Episode 5: To the Athlete Dying Young]

Episode 5 - To the Athlete Dying Young

• Kodai strikes at Cruise's funeral.
    • A Champion throws down the gauntlet.
    • The world watches.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 5 PDF:
    (recommended method)
    Wind_and_Rain_Episode_5.pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:

Blog Entries

Post [Episode 6: The Cold]

Episode 6 - The Cold

• The innocent will suffer.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 6 PDF:
    (recommended method)
    Wind_and_Rain_Episode_6.pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:

Default Re: Wind & Rain [Episode 6: Cold Storage]

That ending to episode 6 is a real tearjerker. Especially with everything Bedgood did there. Although his interaction with Gina was funny, and I want to know, is she naturally blonde? I mean, taking as long as she did to realize that he called her Jessica instead of Gina (although I must admit, I thought that was a typo when I first saw it, so it was that much funnier when she pulled that one out)? She's just go to be.
    White 2: Michael 1292-9447-2383

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Fire View Post
    That ending to episode 6 is a real tearjerker. Especially with everything Bedgood did there. Although his interaction with Gina was funny, and I want to know, is she naturally blonde? I mean, taking as long as she did to realize that he called her Jessica instead of Gina (although I must admit, I thought that was a typo when I first saw it, so it was that much funnier when she pulled that one out)? She's just go to be.
    Thanks for reading!

As for Gina's hair color, I honestly didn't give it any thought. I'll leave that to the reader's imagination. :P

And Gina was very fun to write in what was a rather unfun episode in general!

Thanks for dropping by, hope you show up for more later on!

Blog Entries

Episode 7 - Smoke in the Night

• Smoke will vanish in the night.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 7 PDF:
    (recommended method)
    Attachment 89689

FULL EPISODE IN IMAGE FORMAT:
    (due to this episode being unusually short, it will be posted in its entirety as image files)

Blog Entries

Post Wind & Rain [Episode 8: Beautifly Effect]

Episode 8 - Beautifly Effect

• Rockets hone in on Unova
    • Dragons dance in the seafoam

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 8 PDF:
    (recommended method)
    Wind_and_Rain_Episode_8.pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast