TEEN: Two Garnets and some Cherries with Cream [Silver&Giovanni, Giovanni/Ariana] Ch.4 up! - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two Garnets and some Cherries with Cream [Silver&Giovanni, Giovanni/Ariana] Ch.4 up!

May Still Have Hope TeamGalacticMercury's Avatar

Default Re: Two Garnets and some Cherries with Cream [Silver&Giovanni/Ariana, 2/?] UPDATE 2nd

I love this! Silver is by far my favorite character, and it sounds just like him! Keep it up!!!

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Two Garnets and some Cherries with Cream [Silver&Giovanni/Ariana, 2/?] UPDATE 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGalacticMercury View Post
    I love this! Silver is by far my favorite character, and it sounds just like him! Keep it up!!!
    Whee! Thank you for reading and enjoying my story!

And don't worry, I'll do my best to keep going as I have so far; I wouldn't want to disappoint you now!

And, hee hee hee, I also like Silver a lot. I accepted cutting my Rapunzel-like hair off just to imitate his new style (nearly the same as Ariana's, who is now my definite favorite character); I also dyed it from boring brown to a rebellious red... How incredibly convenient that I always wanted to be a redhead too!
    Last edited by Kayi-chan; 21st June 2010 at 08:00 PM.

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

I'm a natural Red-Head, and I'm glad you're keeping this up on the Fanfic Contest! :) Been following on Fanfiction.net too!

Even though I don't have an account hehehe

Blog Entries

I'm a natural Red-Head, and I'm glad you're keeping this up on the Fanfic Contest! :) Been following on Fanfiction.net too!

Even though I don't have an account hehehe
    Gosh! The envy...!

Thanks for following the fic in FF.net too (I always update there first), even when you "don't have an account" (my story is open to all reviews; just letting you know)

...and on the contest: yup, it's in, for as long as I can stand the pressure.

More fanfiction at:

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

I've been enjoying this story immensely; I especially love the interactions between Giovanni and his son. The pacing of the battle between Sird and Ariana was great and it kept me interested. Keep up the good work!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse108 View Post
    I've been enjoying this story immensely; I especially love the interactions between Giovanni and his son. The pacing of the battle between Sird and Ariana was great and it kept me interested. Keep up the good work!
    Wow, thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

...especially with the battles; I didn't feel too well with them after I wrote them, but it seems they're not half bad.

I hope you'll stick around for next chapter. Is that fine with you?

More fanfiction at:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kayi Rowling View Post
    Wow, thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

...especially with the battles; I didn't feel too well with them after I wrote them, but it seems they're not half bad.

I hope you'll stick around for next chapter. Is that fine with you?
    Battles are difficult to write, but you're doing a good job with them. And I will definitely stick around for the next chapter

Blog Entries

Battles are difficult to write, but you're doing a good job with them. And I will definitely stick around for the next chapter
    Whee! Thanks! *hugs*

See you soon, then.

More fanfiction at:

Yeah, when I get into something, I get into it. Hope 3 comes soon! :) And congrats!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Two Garnets and some Cherries with Cream [Silver&Giovanni/Ariana, 3/?] NEW ch.3!

Talk about lateness! (sorry, my life's been a mess: first, I return home to feel alienated, and then I rediscover Jigsawdoku!)

Also, thanks to everyone who voted! Here you have chapter three at long last! (FF.net link here)

Two Garnets and some Cherries with Cream
    Chapter 3 of ?
    By Kayi S. Rowling

+-+-+

Ariana fell to her knees for the second time that day, and she crawled over to her fallen Pokémon. “Oh, dear…” she whispered in distress, a hand held to her lips. The other held on to an unused Hyper Potion.

Archer was on her shoulder again. “Weavile can’t continue fighting,” he announced, as was his duty. “Are you alright?” he asked the redhead. “You’re looking rather pale.” She whispered something unintelligible back at him. “What, again?”

“I said: I don’t have any other Pokémon! I… I lost already—”

+-+-+

—Silver was still tired.

And the way the battle had ended was so unsatisfying and depressing his mood also soured, making it all worse. “You don’t look very happy,” his father stated the biggest understatement of the century, interrupting his own narration.

“How come my mother, with a fully-grown Weavile, could lose so fast to a baby Meowth?” the redhead voiced the first question that came to mind of a potential thousand.

Giovanni shrugged. “It was your mother’s first Pokémon battle ever. Against a trainer, of course,” he clarified when Silver stared at him openmouthed. “Also, Sird admitted that she had noticed that her Meowth was strong from the moment he hatched, thing she actually took advantage of, but she couldn’t explain why as she wasn’t much into breeding Pokémon—she only lent her Ditto to others—yet Petrel was. When I asked him about that Meowth he had gifted her with, and almost with the same words you just used, he explained,” he hesitated, “something I already forgot, I guess, that made it very clear that her Meowth was special… somehow.” Never before in his life had Silver felt such a compelling desire to giggle. Obviously his father hadn’t been paying attention to Petrel…

…and he couldn’t truly blame him, really. Because, as far as he cared, Petrel didn’t know much, didn’t do much, and had little to no talent in any area outside of his makeup kits. Which he excelled at, reaching such levels of skill that sent shivers of dread running down his spine. This, in turn, made him be grateful that the guy didn’t do much else, closing the cycle partially: who knew if Petrel was actually doing other things with the face of another person, excelling at them as well?

Silver involuntarily shuddered; he hated thinking about that. It made him feel so out of control of what actually happened within Team Rocket. Just like Archer’s efficiency and ruthlessness, the perfect schemer and treacherous advisor. And Proton’s popularity coupled with his violent mood swings, the perfect rebel—and possibly terrorist—leader. And Ariana’s… well, he had proof that she was leading a freaking cult somewhere outside of Kanto and Johto, which had to be very bad news indeed, considering he also had proof that one-third of the current membership of Team Rocket belonged to it. And hadn’t Archer given him that proof…?

Damn, these guys were actually dangerous! Where had his father found them, anyways? The deepest pits of the Distortion World, perhaps?

“What’s wrong?” Giovanni asked after a minute of silence, during which the room’s temperature had apparently dropped several degrees.

Silver shook his head. “I was just thinking about your choices for your direct underlings.” And Sird popped into his mind to further torture him. She hadn’t yet quit, after all…

“That’s rather… out of the blue.”

“Yeah, I know,” the redhead admitted, defeated. “Anyways, what happened to my mother after she lost? How well did she take it?” he chose to steer the conversation back to a safer topic.

Giovanni sighed, running a hand through his brown hair. “Well, she cried when her Gloom lost, then she cried again when her Weavile did—and you just don’t know how much I hate seeing her like that—and it didn’t get any better from there—”

+-+-+

—the Viridian gym leader was, understandably, upset. Not only had Ariana—his potential love interest—lost, not only was she crying now, but Archer had started bullying her immediately after she admitted she had entered a three versus three challenge without having a full team; whatever he had whispered into her ear made her blush in indignation and glare at him as he took a step back for his own safety. “For a moment there, I actually thought you were quite smart. You’re an excellent actress, though, I’ll give you that…” he then sighed aloud, shrugging and shaking his head, eliciting some dark chuckles from the crowd, which was dispersing as some headed back to the training room and others left to go fetch something to eat or whatever, with a few staying around to close in around the trio at the center, wondering what else would be said and done.

“All of this was so… dumb. Such a waste of time,” Sird hissed, frowning and recalling her Ditto. “I don’t think you had the experience to come and fight here yet, hon. And I would suggest you to stay away from real battles until you actually grow up.” She turned on her heels and marched away, heading for the stairs that led to Giovanni’s little office, which prompted him to rise to his feet from his desk and go take the emergency stairs out.

Not that he was afraid of what Sird would say or anything; though he admitted that he was afraid, but of the fact that Ariana was practically alone with all the others now. They weren’t known for their manners with the ladies, and they respected their female members solely because one—namely Sird—was frightening enough on her own, not to mention the guy who was courting her was really intimidating; the second was Proton’s mother, and kind of a surrogate mother for the rest of them anyways, so they naturally liked her very much; and the last was an eleven-year-old girl, who nobody even dared bothering because she was still a child.

And now, without an intense “girl on girl” Pokémon battle going on to distract them, they were going to realize the same thing Giovanni himself had when he had met Ariana back in Saffron City’s train station: she was young but legal, she was most probably single, and she was very attractive even when she wasn’t exactly beautiful

+-+-+

“—I’m beginning to think you are saying that on purpose,” Silver interrupted, not exactly amused.

“No, I’m not,” his father replied. Then he chuckled humorlessly: “Though you could say I’m still resentful over something she said once…”

The redhead almost winced, and then nodded sympathetically. “It was the I-like-your-personality card, wasn’t it?”

Giovanni nodded absentmindedly. “She said something like that a couple of times, yes, but she offended me far more when she flat-out called me ugly.” That was, indeed, not nice, but Silver wasn’t about to go into that topic. He wasn’t a judge of male attractiveness; that was gay.

“You hadn’t angered her beforehand, had you?” Because he knew some women went out of their way to hurt a man who had wronged them; the only one he knew that didn’t, actually, was Yellow, as he had to admit even Blue could be rather nasty if provoked. “And are you sure she wasn’t joking or something?” Misunderstandings like those were as old as time too, after all…

“She seemed pretty honest to me, and she was in a fairly good mood too,” Giovanni explained. “And the times I’ve asked her about it, she always replies with something akin to I still like you,” the older man sighed. “Anyways—and again—if it bothers you, I’ll say she was beautiful or something…”

Silver stopped him before he could continue with the story: “Do you think she was—or is—beautiful, at least?” He wasn’t going to push his father to say things he didn’t mean.

Giovanni coughed uncomfortably. “Your mother is the most beautiful living being in the universe, from my perspective,” he admitted, blushing a little bit. “But I truly believe she wasn’t so back then; at best, she was attractive.” A word Silver had begun suspecting that, in his father’s vocabulary, probably meant “hot.” Considering that Giovanni had been around his own age back then, he could understand “attractiveness” being a priority, though the shift from perceiving her as “only hot” then as “incredibly beautiful” still puzzled him… Was it an instance of rose-tinted glasses, a side-effect of being madly in love with her to this day? Or was it some personal kink he’d have to figure out?

Silver shuddered involuntarily again. Figure out a kink of one of his parents? He was truly tired, wasn’t he? And enough not to think straight anymore, too!

“Are you alright? You just keep shuddering…” his father asked, concerned.

The redhead nodded. “I’m fine; it’s just that my mind keeps wandering off to thoughts I don’t really want in my head.” A phrase that could win a prize for awkwardness, if the older man’s face right then was anything to go by.

“Well—”

+-+-+

—the emergency stairs led Giovanni to the typical small space with two doors: the actual evacuation route, and the one that connected to the rest of the gym. However, this particular space was obviously managed by bachelors, so it was actually some sort of closet and was rather messy; he couldn’t help realizing that the door out was impossible to be reached, let alone opened, which sent an unwelcome wave of panic through him. He’d have to talk to Archer about it, to have the way cleared in case there was ever an emergency. Like a fire… He recovered his composure and opened the door to the gym.

And Ariana wasn’t there anymore, thing he realized by being unable to spot her characteristic red hair, and by the fact that the guys who had stayed behind to bother her were dispersing while looking bothered. Not in the same sense, of course. “Hi, boss,” Proton passed by his side, dragging his feet and moving the soil that made up the battlefield. Ground types were their specialty, after all. Or so they wanted people to believe. “Why so serious?” the guy dared asking, deciding to hang around to see if the boredom would go away.

“Don’t be a creep, you idiot,” he harshly replied, earning a smirk from the other. “What happened?”

“Well, this really hot chick came by to challenge you, but the mummy beat her and she ran away crying like a baby!” Proton recounted in an extremely summarized way, laughing all the while. Giovanni’s frown just deepened with each word. “It’s a shame you were up there sulking all alone, like you’ve done all the week; I’m sure that gal would have cheered you up, if you know what I mean!” Always the unfunny one, wasn’t he?

“Why are you so sure?” It barely got out with a non-threatening tone.

“Because it’s kind of suspicious that you took to lock yourself up, if you know what I mean; you obviously need to get…” he began, yet he trailed off when he turned around. “Woah, boss! Don’t glare at me like that! I was just joking!” He even held his hands up, both in surrender and readying to protect his face.

Giovanni sighed in exasperation. “Where’s Archer?” he asked, deciding to change the topic before Proton’s words became even more offensive, pushing him to actually punch the guy. He also wanted a more reliable source of information.

“Ponytail-geek went to report from the intercom in the other room. Shame you aren’t up there anymore to hear his whining,” he added the last in a whisper.

“And Petrel?” He swore he had seen him hanging around from the monitor.

Proton shrugged. “Off to sell his wares. It’s almost night-time, after all.” The dark side of his team… At the very least, two thirds of the membership of his gym was made out of people with a notable criminal record in their—usually very nasty—background; and half of that people were repeat offenders.

Giovanni belonged to the former group himself, if only for the fact that his mother had been a mafia princess whose beloved father held the combined underworld of Kanto and Johto under his control. He didn’t like admitting this fact, but he had never hesitated to call upon a couple of favors here and there either. Even though his permission to open a gym came from the combined effort of his own talent and of the influence of his father’s own reputation as a gym leader in another region, the gym itself—and all of its extensions—was another story, for example. And, once, the League heard a—true—rumor about his family, which prompted them to demand he gave up the leadership; he was still really young back then, and he had made a suggestion about using gym training to rehabilitate criminals to live normal lives and such idealistic nonsense, and they only bought the idea once his mother’s friends had a “nice chat” with them. Which kind of explained why his team was made of thugs and the like; he had been such an idiot when younger…

He shook his head to rid it of all those disturbing thoughts, and then turned to glare at the local repeat sex offender. “Proton, any idea about where the girl ran off to?” he asked, more worried than ever for Ariana’s safety after a quick recap on his own background.

The guy sensed his bad mood and abstained from making another dumb joke, though Giovanni could see it practically at the tip of his tongue. “Nobody followed her, so I can’t call anyone to ask.” Trust the molester to have his eyes on everybody. “But if I was a crybaby that just lost a battle, I’d return home—or the closest substitute, like, say, an apartment or a hotel room—or go to the nearest Pokécenter.”

“If anybody asks, I went out,” the gym leader said gruffly before stomping away in search of Ariana, grateful at least that nobody had followed her—

+-+-+

“—that’s a lot of information to take in,” Silver complained, interrupting Giovanni’s narration as only he knew how to do.

“What do you mean?” his father asked, genuinely confused.

Silver sighed and sat up straighter on the bed. “My grandmother was with the mafia, and your father was a gym leader? And Proton is a repeat sex offender? What did he mean by wares when talking about Petrel? Why is it that you were surrounded by criminals, and you let that be?”

Giovanni frowned and closed his eyes, his fingers pressing the bridge of his nose. “My mother was born into the mafia; it’s not something you get to choose, as I know and as you surely know yourself. Generations upon generations of our family have led the underworld in these regions, and held influences even out of the country. Just because none of us wanted to be part of it they were going to let us have our way. My mother married a fairly decent gym leader, yet incredibly negligent man, who took a while to realize who she was, and then left us. By that time, my grandfather was dead, so his most loyal followers practically crowned my mother queen; perhaps out of tradition, because most of them were far more competent. Then, at the age of nine, shortly after the opening of the Viridian City gym, my mother died and I inherited the control.”

And now that Giovanni was dying of his illness, Silver himself was going to succeed him, whether he wanted it or not, the redhead deduced; Team Rocket was just a little step in the wrong direction, before he actually sunk in the quicksand. How was he going to handle that? In his renewed despair, his envy at Gold’s insane amount of luck in family matters sparked alive again. At this pace, he was going to have to punch his former rival in the face every single time he saw him just to be able to handle the unfairness of it all.

“On Proton and Petrel,” his father continued, “they are a repeat sex offender and a never-jailed thief, respectively. Petrel’s wares were stolen stuff… usually; he was also into piracy. And, just for your information, Archer himself was a lawyer, and he got those two out of more messes than stars can be counted on the sky, and he also handled everyone else’s cases, allowing the gym to continue going without involving the League again nor the police. In between him and Sird, I practically had all I needed for the gym to run as I wanted it, no use denying it, so I didn’t care much about the criminals I led,” Giovanni confessed.

Someone was missing… “What about Ariana?”

His father’s expression soured. “Ariana?” he asked for confirmation; the redhead nodded. “Half an hour after I met her, more or less, I realized that she took her religious beliefs far more seriously than she had initially led me to believe.” He took a pause and shuddered. So Ariana had been a cultist all her life? “Just a tip, son: never call her religion a cult, or she will kill you.” Fine; so Ariana had been a very religious person all her life? How normal of her, compared to the three others, and Sird…

“You seem very alive for that last statement to be true,” Silver pointed out.

“Your… secretary let it pass. She said she’d forgive me because we had just met.” The older man coughed uncomfortably. “Let’s continue, then—”

+-+-+

—Giovanni had lost a minute or two going back for his coat and a hat, after the cooling air outside reminded him that it wasn’t summertime anymore. Sird had tried to intercept him on his way back in, but she was mostly unsuccessful. “We’ll talk later! Or tomorrow!” he had said hastily.

She threw his scarf at his head as he retreated. “If you catch a cold, I’ll turn off the boiler.” Yikes!

Either way, he took the scarf and ran off toward the Pokécenter. If he hurried, he might be able to find Ariana before she disappeared. Because, really, was there a point in staying after such painful defeat? And after she had been told that only he, the gym leader, could beat Sird? She’d probably be too intimidated to try ever again, for fear of facing either of them…

And Proton deserved a prize for the sudden development of clairvoyance: Ariana was at the Center.

Still crying, and now even begging at the nurse at the counter. Had something gone wrong?

“Please, please, I swear I’m not lying. I do have a license for Kanto and Johto; you have to believe me! I must have misplaced it, but I have it. Please, heal my Pokémon.” The nurse sighed, shaking her head slowly. “Please! Please help them!” Ariana cried again. “They are only two, and…”

“I’m sorry, but regional healing services tend only to regional trainers, or trainers who present a license along with their ID,” the nurse said calmly. It seemed as if she’d been repeating that phrase for a while now—

+-+-+

“—we ran into a situation like that once,” Silver commented. “In Hoenn,” he added.

Giovanni visibly tensed. He didn’t like being reminded of that region by his son, because it reminded him of Sird’s betrayal. “Yes, I guess you did. It’s an unusually widespread thing, and proof that the government doesn’t know what it is doing. Hurt Pokémon are hurt Pokémon, whether owned by someone from Kanto or from Sinnoh, like was your mother’s case. But with the public funds excuse…”

The redhead interrupted him before their relatively nice night of talking and reminiscing went down the drain by the interference of politics: “Yellow helped us back then, with her Viridian Forest powers. I know you have some of those. Did you help my mother with them then?” He’d always been curious about his father’s own abilities…

His father only shook his head. “I helped her in a way that would make it clear to that nurse that she had bullied the wrong person.” Neat! Somehow, Silver liked that answer much better that anything else Giovanni could have said. “Anyways, let me explain to you how it went—”

+-+-+

—Ariana would not relent, though. “I can pay, if needed. Just heal them, please!” She tried another suggestion next, not allowing the nurse to say another word: “You can heal them while I go search for my stolen things. If I fail to show up… you can give them away to more capable trainers,” she told the other woman, sobbing even when she seemed quite sure that was the best choice. “Just, please, heal them! They are only two. Only two, not too many…”

“Not one can be healed here if the trainer is from another region and has no license to train here, or in Johto,” the woman at the counter explained. Then the nurse looked over Ariana’s shoulder as he approached; he lowered his hat a little bit, hoping the illumination was on his side.

Please…!” Giovanni’s hand fell upon Ariana’s shoulder right then, and she both froze and shut up. She didn’t even turn around to face him or anything. She just trembled, actually.

The nurse was just curious now, though, so Giovanni pulled the redhead away from the counter some steps, to the nearest wall, still within the nurse’s earshot so the woman could fill her gossip gauge for the day. “Calm down. I’m going to help you,” he whispered to Ariana, letting go of her shoulder.

…this was, apparently, the wrong move, because she immediately collapsed to her knees, one hand pushing against the wall, seemingly the only thing that had stopped her from hitting it head on.

“Are you alright?” he asked, kneeling beside her and grabbing her shoulder again, shaking it a little bit when he received no answer except some unintelligible whispering in between each deep breath she took. His eyes caught sight of a golden chain that he had learned in the train she usually hid under her clothes, and her other hand was holding on to that scary ring she used for a pendant. Giovanni understood then that she was actually praying; he nearly face palmed. “Drop that thing!” he ordered her, a little bit harsher than he had intended. She winced and did as told. “Sorry… But I’m going to help you. Give me your Pokémon; I’ll have them healed for you.”

Her garnet eyes weren’t as bright when she looked as defeated as he guessed she felt. They did light up a bit once she recognized him, though. “Fine; here,” she said, then handed him the Pokéballs without hesitation. “And… hello again,” she added, her tear-stained cheeks blushing even redder.

“Hello,” he replied, smiling at her. “I’m sorry we couldn’t meet under happier circumstances,” he told her softly, offering her his handkerchief, which she took almost shyly. “I need you to take care of two of my Pokémon meanwhile…”

“We are trading?” she asked. It didn’t look like she liked the idea.

“I’ll give them back to you when they’re fine, don’t worry.” Giovanni then held out two of his own Pokéballs, those of his Nidorina and his Nidorino. She took them and he rose to his feet. “I’ll be back in a minute; don’t move from here.” She frowned at his commanding tone, but he trusted her not to do something stupid. Or steal his Pokémon; which were two excellent battlers, and a pair he had great plans for… He truly didn’t judge the situations the right way whenever Ariana was involved, did he?

The nurse perked up as he approached, ID at hand as the procedure demanded. “Good night, sir! Welcome to…”

He cut right in: “I just traded with the redhead over there. Her Pokémon, however, are a little bit roughed up. Would you heal them now?” He knew he had revealed entirely unnecessary information, just in case the nurse had been distracted and hadn’t heard his conversation with Ariana.

It had the intended effect; the nurse turned red, and she went against the code of “good and pleasant” behavior they signed to work at a Pokécenter. “That girl is not a trainer from the region, sir,” she spat, gritting her teeth. “If you traded with her, you must accept the consequences.”

“Trading is a free action, miss,” he threw back, “and these two Pokémon are mine now,” he pushed up his hat so she could see his face clearly. She gulped. “If you aren’t happy, make sure the rules are reviewed for obvious loopholes next time… Now, I’m sure you don’t want to get into any trouble, do you?”

“No, Mr. Giovanni, sir,” the nurse answered as would a grounded child. She held out her hands to receive Ariana’s Pokéballs from him. “Wait a minute, please.” She then left the counter to do her job, and he was left wondering whether she had feared being reprimanded by the League or by an organization far darker than that… He turned to look at Ariana at the corner, to keep his mind off that abyss.

And he didn’t see her anywhere.

Cursing lowly, Giovanni turned around, searching for that signature cherry-red hair, and seeing nothing but browns and blacks; he couldn’t just go find her, though, effectively held back by his own concern over that pair of wounded Pokémon she had left behind—

+-+-+

“—what’s so funny?” his father asked when he started laughing. Silver just shook his head. “She didn’t trick me, just so you know,” Giovanni added, worsening his son’s fit. “I’ll ignore that, for now—”

+-+-+

“—all ready, Mr. Giovanni, sir! These two fine Pokémon are…”

“I don’t have time for this!” he cut in for the second time that night. The gym leader just took the Pokéballs and was gone before the nurse even had time to get angry again.

He ran for the exit of the Pokécenter, and was nearly out the door when his Nidorina’s cry called him back. He stopped in his tracks, not turning around. He recognized the “laughs” of his Pokémon, and Ariana didn’t keep quiet about the issue either, giggling. The trio paused once he looked at them over his shoulder, and the redhead just giggled some more. If it wasn’t because he was delighted she wasn’t crying anymore, Giovanni would have left her without a Pokémon to call her own, his qualms against stealing be damned. “You should have seen your face!” Bitch.

“I’m glad you overcame your distressed damsel syndrome again,” he replied. “Should we trade back now?”

Ariana winked at him in good humor, and his frown fell off his face just like that. “Sorry I worried you, but the floor was uncomfortable,” she finally apologized, recalling Nidorina and Nidorino, extending their Pokéballs back to him.

Giovanni took them, put them back where they belonged at his belt, and then he handed the redhead her own two Pokémon. “The nurse will surely hate you next time you come. Try to find your stuff before that,” he advised her.

But she was too busy releasing her Pokémon just to see that they were truly fine. And they were; he’d have to congratulate the nurse later for her work ethic. “I think I won’t be getting used to you being a Gloom anytime soon, but I’m glad you’re fine,” Ariana addressed the grass type first. Turning to her ice type, she frowned when she saw it looking rather gloomy. “That Meowth was a Giratina spawn. We’ll defeat him next time!” she assured her Weavile. It looked grateful for her effort at cheering it up, yet it obviously wasn’t enough. It had to be quite humiliating to be defeated by a baby, he guessed.

“Ah… What about your stuff?” Giovanni tried again, barely remembering in time that he wasn’t supposed to know her name.

Ariana shrugged, hugging her Gloom as it jumped onto her lap. “I had it all with me at the gym just a while ago, but I must have either dropped my ID cards, or they were stolen… by the audience,” she added, mildly incredulous. “There were a lot of people there. Do you know if that’s normal?”

He hesitated to answer; she didn’t know who he was, either. “The gym here in Viridian has a lot of trainers. Someone could have called them up to watch your challenge for some reason.”

“I wouldn’t know why, though; I’m not renowned or anything…” She certainly wasn’t. “Or, wait, do I look too much like a newbie?” she asked, the fire of her temper kindling to a warm flame to mask her honest concern.

“No, not at all,” he assured her, lying through his teeth. He gestured for her to move over on her seat, and then he sat down himself, sighing. “Are you not worried about your stuff? You could need it, you know?” he insisted.

“I wouldn’t know how to recover it, even if it was just lost and someone found it; it depends on them wanting to return it.” Good point.

And Giovanni didn’t want to suspect it was stolen, but he would have to give it a try anyways. He was going to hunt Petrel down at the darkest alleys of the city, and have him help if he didn’t have Ariana’s stuff himself. “I think I know where to look,” he whispered. “If you’d give me your address, I’ll send back your belongings, if I find them.” She looked at him in distrust.

“No way!” She stood up, and he feared he had screwed up again when she actually glanced down at him and said: “Lead the way. I’m going with you.”

+-+-+

As always, I hope the quality pleases, and that you all liked the content.

Surprisingly enough, this was the chapter I struggled with the least once I got the first segment of Silver&Giovanni done. The other two have been headache-inducing in that regard...

More fanfiction at:

Default Re: Two Garnets and some Cherries with Cream [Silver&Giovanni/Ariana, 3/?] NEW ch.3!

lol Nice chapter! I'll be waiting for four!

Blog Entries

lol Nice chapter! I'll be waiting for four!
    LOL, congrats for being the very first to review chapter three! *summons the best party ever around you*

Thanks for doing it. Now I can go to sleep (...kinda) happily.

Hope to see you around for the fourth wall-of-text hit!

More fanfiction at:

Blog Entries

...sorry for double posting, but I have a serious question: was it a case of hilariously bad timing when I posted chapter 3? (I've noticed an inordinate amount of new/updated fics as of late...)

More fanfiction at:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Two Garnets and some Cherries with Cream [Silver&Giovanni, Giovanni/Ariana] NEW c

Awww, I am so happy you updated! I think you captured all of the characters really well, and I like how you keep going back and forth between the past and the present.

Also, one thing, I don't think you need to italicize all of those random words, it gets a bit distracting, only a few italicized words should suffice.

Other than that, it's a great and interesting read. Can't wait until chapter four!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Two Garnets and some Cherries with Cream [Silver&Giovanni, Giovanni/Ariana] NEW c

Awww, I am so happy you updated!
    Whee! I'm also very happy you stopped by to review!

I think you captured all of the characters really well, and I like how you keep going back and forth between the past and the present.
    Hee hee hee... Thanks

Also, one thing, I don't think you need to italicize all of those random words, it gets a bit distracting, only a few italicized words should suffice.
    I admit having gone overboard with the italicized words in chapter 3 (around 200 words out of nearly 5000; I usually do less than 100). I apologize.

Other than that, it's a great and interesting read. Can't wait until chapter four!
    Thanks for your kind words again. Also, I'm working on chapter 4, don't worry!

More fanfiction at:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast