Too Late (Shigeru fic)

Thread: Too Late (Shigeru fic)

Default Too Late (Shigeru fic)

Author's Notes: Yes, that darn plot bunny finally stopped gnawing on my ankle and decided to let me work! Except it kinda... well, mutated. This wasn't exactly what I intended when I started writing this ficlet. But at least I got it done! Any criticism or comments will be readily accepted, though I won't stand for flamers. Enjoy!

Too Late
    By FrozenWind

The letter arrived a week ago, but I haven't read it yet.

To be honest, I'm a bit afraid to. Hah! Yeah, that's rich. The grandson of the most famous researcher in the world, the kid with his own fan club, afraid of a little piece of paper! Satoshi would laugh at me if he saw this. Hell, I'd laugh too if I were in his shoes. He'd smile and say, "Aaw, Shigeru's such a scaredy-cat." And his dumb little friends would laugh right along with him.

Well, maybe not the Gym Leader. That one seems to have a bit more sense than the rest of them. But that little bandanna girl and her nerdy brother would laugh long and loud. Why? I don't know, really. Maybe because he would be laughing. But I can stand their laughter.

It's the letter that will kill me.

The letter is from Johto. I wrote a researcher there about some spring she and a colleague had discovered. And about something else as well; it's something I don't want Gramps to know about. It'd give him a heart attack, and God knows he doesn't need that right now. He's too busy juggling work and life at once to hear this.

After all this time, I think I've got the answer. I think I finally know what happened all that time ago, when I lost everything. It took a long time, but I got the story from that lady. About the island. And about what happened there.

It's just a letter, after all. It's not like anyone I know had a hand in this.

...Right?
    Misplaced loyalty...

"And here I thought you were trying to rescue me out of love, not military stratagems. I'm hurt!"

Proud member of the Ash Club!!

You shmexy lil' beast you Sillymence's Avatar

It's a good beggining, even though it's a bit short for my tastes.

I like the style you wrote it in, it's been a long time since I've seen a 1st person fan fic...Oo;;

Good, nonetheless.
    Pokeschool - Because joining a forum in turmoil is twice the fun!

Java Girl Barb's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

I like your style of writing. Shigeru sounds as cocky as he always does, but now he's a bit older and he seems not to take everything for granted. It's a little short in length and more details would have been nice, but as a ficlet it works well.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting. Pray tell, how *does* he connect the two events?

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I realized what it was that bugged me about this fic.

Gary wasn't *on* New Island. He remembers his single encounter with Mewtwo, which was at the Viridian Gym. So unless I'm missing some implication here...