Together We Fight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Together We Fight

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Default Together We Fight

This is a new fic I've been thinking of lately. What if Pokémon were real, but they have their own world and we live in our own, what if Pokémon were able to come to our world, what wold they do and if bad Pokémon come who can stop them, well all those questions will be answered here.

">

It was a dry land, covered with rocks and moss, and lava falling all around the land. This land was known and Flame Tip, the place where all the fire type Pokémon lived and trained, this is one of the many regions that make up the great Pokémon World; a world totally untouched by humans, a world full of exotic creatures all alien to our world.

This is where adventures begin, where the unexpected can become expected, where everything you dream becomes real.

“Come on, your slowing us down Sal!” the Arcanine was running at a great speed, jumping every rock and magma cycle that came between his way, his long yellow mane that combined with the light of the sun, its tiger like orange and black fur made up for most of its body. It had four legs; which actually made it go faster. Arcanine turned around and laughed, he knew he won that’s why he just kept skipping around. “I thought you said you’ll give me a challenge this time,” he said and laughed.

“We’ll see about that Stripe!” Sal yelled and started to catch up with his friend. Sal had a salamander like body, orange skin, big black eyes, a long orange tail with a flame tip; he also had long fangs that came out from his mouth and long claws. “I still haven’t give up on beating you!” he yelled and started jumping by pushing himself with his legs.

“Right, let’s see how you take this!” Strip chuckled and jumped over a huge black molten rock, he spun in the air and landed on the other side, but no sooner after his feet touched the ground he started running once more. Sal grunted with annoyance; he knew Stripe was faster and had more agility.

“Damn it, Flamethrower.” Sal opened his mouth wide and let out a jet of burning flames; the flames passed all of the rocks, melting each and every one of them. Stripe turned around and jumped before the flames would hit him. He landed and started using Extreme Speed; this practically left Sal out of sight. “Got you, Megakick!” Sal pushed himself forward by using the power of his glowing legs; he jumped right in front of Stripe, sending rocks flying all around after landing.

“You cheated,” Stripe said while wiping some of the dust from the rocks off his eye, too bad when he had time to turn to Sal, the salamander Pokémon was already ahead of him. “You’re such a cheater,” Stripe said and started running once more.

Just then a current of air pushed both Pokémon back and sent them flying to a crater, Sal grabbed one of the rocks while Stripe bit his tail; but not the flame so that his mouth wouldn’t burn. Then from the skies another Pokémon started landing, he looked like a giant flying dragon, he had black skin and a red colored belly, his wings were big and black just like its skin, it had a long neck and a big dragon like head with two horns; it also had two small arms and short legs.

“Salazar, what are you doing?” the Charizard asked as he landed in front of the glaring Charmander. Sal just stared at him and held his head up high.

“I was just having a small race with Stripe here, why are you here dad?” Sal asked staring into his father’s fury red eyes. His dad turned to Stripe and smirked.

“How many times do I have to tell you Salazar? There’s no way you’ll be able to defeat an Arcanine at its own game, especially Stripe, instead you should be back at the crater preparing for your test,” he grabbed Sal by the arms; even though Sal didn’t like it his dad kept the grip. “It was good to see you again Stripe, I’ll be waiting to see you the day of Salazar’s test.” Stripe nodded as the Charizard spread his wings and flew off from the ground.

“Why did you do that dad, I was winning!” Sal whined as he looked up to look at his father’s face, he didn’t even turn to look at his son, he just kept flying forward. Sal looked down, they were closing in to their home, the crater of Flame Tip, the place where the Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard line lived; the place where the leaders of the mountain resided. Sal’s father started landing and the two stepped onto the ground, there was a cave that took straight into the crater.

“Let’s go, your mother was worrying,” he said and started walking in; the ground shook with the power his feet sent out. Sal turned around to look at the rest of Flame Tip and then followed his father. The two kept walking through the cave, seeing various Charmander and Charmeleon, the Charmeleon were digging through the crater, creating new routes, and the Charmander were all gathered around one big hole; apparently they were having a class. “Go back to class now Sal, and I don’t want to see you out again,” he father said and started walking again.

Sal sighed, he hated school; they only thought the basic stuff, how to fight and what attacks they’re able to learn, but they never let them practice it. But what he hated the most was the Evolution Exams, they talked about it for two weeks till the time of the exams take place; even to classes that aren’t suppose to take it yet. Sal walked over to a rock and sat down next to a Charmander with gleaming blue eyes and a bow around her head. “Hey Trish,” Sal said as he waved at the female Charmander.

“Skipped again, you know you’ll have to repeat the year if you keep missing class right, and you’ll miss the exams if you keep missing the lessons,” Trish said as she turned back to the normal colored Charizard that was talking to their students about the Evolution Exams.

“Now, as all of you know, the Evolution Exams consist in a battle against a fire type living in Flame Tip, if you defeat the Pokémon you’ll be able to evolve into Charmeleon level, consider this as a graduation test.” The teacher turned to her students and prepared to answer any questions.

Sal raised his hand. “Yeah, is there any prove that if we win that fight we’ll evolve, I mean has anyone here actually evolved without having to take that exam?” Sal asked and started at his teacher; he didn’t really like the fact that everyone thought that exam would define if they’ll grow or not.

“Even though no one has, everyone that has passed the exam has evolved instantly,” his teacher answered turning to another student; Sal was always bugging him about the beliefs, which everyone in the crater trusted completely on. Then they heard a loud roar the screeched through the whole crater. “Well students, that’s it for today,” he said and the class started climbing out of the hole.

“You really need to get a better personality Sal,” the female Charmander said as she walked right next to Sal. Sal just grunted.

“I know Amy, but you know I don’t like that ceremony crap, that’s why I’m leaving today.” Sal turned to Amy with a serious look, Amy as anyone looked at him with disapproval.

“Sal, it’s our culture, why do you hate culture so much?” she asked putting her claws on her hips.

“’Cause that culture’s old and people believe in it too much, you’ll see, I’ll get out of here and battle Pokémon that live out of Flame Tip and I’ll come back a Charizard,” Sal said looking up at the roof with confidence in his eyes. “Now, see ya,” he waved and started running.

Amy turned around; she liked Sal but she didn’t want him to cause more trouble to their clan, he was the leader’s son if he disappeared all of a sudden it’ll be destruction for everyone there.

The moon was shining right over the crater; which signaled that it was time for Sal to make his move. “I’ll live this fucking crater and make a name for myself,” Sal said and started walking out of the cave; good thing his own tail flame was enough to light it.

“There it is,” he saw the exit right in front of him. “I’m finally gonna get out of here, see ya suckers.” Sal turned around one more time and grinned as he walked out of the cave. Just as he got out though a blast of flames tried to blow him back, Sal ducked and jumped once the flames were gone. “Slash!” he yelled and slashed down on his assaulter, but he flew up and dodged the attack.

Sal gasped on the darkness of the night, he was almost invisible, but Sal knew who it was his father. “In the name of the crater and my name Lord Fiara, I command you to go back into the crater my son.” Fiara lowered down and glared at his own son; he was even willing to use brute force.

“Dad leave me alone, I can do what I want!” Sal screamed as he growled at his father. Fiara didn’t listen and fired a ball of crimson flames. Sal jumped away but the waves of energy sent him bouncing on the ground.

“If you don’t comeback, I’ll have to kill you,” he said and flew up. “Air Slash!” he yelled and dove down, Sal just stared at the attack as it hit him and made a huge gash on his chest. This made Sal fall from the cliff and bounce around the volcano. “I’m sorry Salazar, but this is what I have to do to protect the clan.” He closed his eyes and flew back into the crater.

Sal just kept bouncing off the cliff; he felt his bone break apart like wood was cut with an axe; his eyes lost all color as he finally admitted the fact, that his father never really loved him, just the legacy he could carry. *I’ll comeback, and I’ll kill him.* he thought as he was about to land. *But I need to get stronger.* Then the spot where he was about to land became a giant black hole. Sal looked down; through the hole he could see someone throwing himself at a bed.

He knew it was a human, they thought it that in class. A teenager probably around Sal’s own age, fourteen maybe. The kid had his hand on his face he looked totally embarrassed. The kid had a combed back black hair, with a tan colored skin; he was wearing a white shirt with crimson sleeves and the word Aeropostal on it.

“I’m such an idiot how could I do that?” he asked himself. He walked to the desk in front of him and grabbed a paint set, then started drawing.

*Who’s this kid?* Sal asked himself as he fell in the hole.
    Last edited by Flaze; 17th June 2009 at 12:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Together We Fight

That's really good. I can't really figure out what's going to happen with that other kid, and your storyline is original and keeps me wondering. The whole idea of paralell worlds...

(this is going to be interesting...)

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Yeah I figured no one has actually tried to do this, and we all ask ourselves what it would be like if Pokémon were real, and I figured Pokémon should talk if they were real so here it is, a pararrel world full of talking Pokémon....I actually came up with this idea when I was twelve but I never wrote it down.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Haha, I really like this! It feels like a Pokemon version of the Lion King! Sort of... At any rate, it reminds me of the Lion King, up until the point where he goes into another universe. There are a couple of spelling mistakes in this, but I can't be bothered to find them, I think they're mostly where you've misspelled something and it's ended up being the wrong word entirely, I'd give it a quick proof read.

Also, I'm curious as to how Sal would have known what a human is if he has never encountered one before? Or how anyone in their universe would know what a human is?

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

That my friend is part of the plot which is gonna be explained soon.

Blog Entries

Nice start so far.

But...
    *Who’s this kid?* Sal asked himself as he fell in the hole.

0_o.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kamen_Fanatic On Twitter Add Kamen_Fanatic on Facebook Add Kamen_Fanatic on MySpace
    Visit Kamen_Fanatic's Youtube Channel

My, my, my.... This is a rare kind of fic - A Pokemon from it's own realm sent into the human realm. This is gonna be good. Just let me get my Skittles...

Blog Entries

I liked it. Nice idea but...I don't know. There's just some sort Iof spark lacking. Still I can picture it really well.

Hi, I'd like to transform you into a yeti.
    Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.

Bloody Melt
    Blog Entries

Wasn't this in the Super Mario Brothers movie...?
    If ya need me, I'm probably playing some Mann vs Machine: http://steamcommunity.com/id/optimatum

haha i like this. good job, hero!

Blog Entries

very interesting! i enjoyed reading it, it's different and that's a good thing. keep this up man...i'm impressed at how you have like 4 fics going at once!

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Thank you guys, I've never gotten this much readers before, I'll try to make things more understandable in the next chapter although it may not have that muc action since it's an introductory chapter for the kid.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Chapter 1: Reality and Fiction

His cell phone started ringing and trembling on the wooden desk, but not like the ring a cell phone gives when someone’s calling, but the ring an alarm gives, the ring he needed to wake up. “What!?” he yelled and lifted his head out of the blanket; he grabbed the cell phone, slide it open and then closed it so the alarm would shut off.

He got up and started stretching, it was like five thirty in the morning; but it was Wednesday so he had to go to school. He turned the light of his wooden lamp on, the lamp was old; it was only two years old but it fell so much that it looked older. He got up and started looking around the room.

There was a desk in front of the bed, a flat screen computer on top, two audiphones on the side; a printer that was right over a small wooden desk which was right on top the big desk. A bunch of notebooks and books were stacked right under it. There was also a case full of pens, rulers and pencils a black calculator and a Nintendo DS on top of a music CD with the words MDO on it.

There were two metallic white doors right next to a big wooden shelf, the doors took right into the closet which was full of clothe; mostly shirts that didn’t fit him anymore, but he never liked throwing clothes away.

Over the shelf there was a big black flat screen TV, right next to it there was a DVD which had a lot of stuff over it; from a Wii to different DVDs like Spiderman 3, I Am Legend and Transformers a small replica of the trophy the Tampa Bay Rays won on that year’s baseball league and a perfume called Jordan.

“Better go to the bathroom,” he said and yawned stretching his arms wide. He opened the white door, which has a mirror on the back. He had a long combed back black hair; right now he was wearing a white shirt with a gray pair of shorts. As he got out he looked up front, his parent’s room was right next to his, and it also had a white door. He just turned left and walked right into the living room, which had the kitchen right next to it.

The living room was pretty simple, there was a pearly white sofa right in front of the wall that separated the third room from the living room, on the right side there was a tall metallic lamp, a stereo, a smaller white sofa and the window. They had a big screen TV right in front of the sofa and in front of the TV a wooden desk with transparent glass on top.

“Good morning.” He turned around, his mom was on the kitchen making some breakfast for him, she had a short reddish brown hair, she was wearing a pink shirt and a blue pair of shorts, the kitchen was big actually; since it could take all the things that took the space, a fridge, an oven, a giant white freezer a small desk with a microwave. There was a shelf right next to it with condiments, snacks and cans of food; and a tall brown round desk.

“Morning,” he said as he waved to his mom; but he instantly went into the bathroom; he really didn’t like getting up so early, and he wasn’t a morning person either way.

After about fifteen minutes in the shower; since he was so sleep he lost track of time. He came out from the bathroom wearing the same clothes. “Now can you say good morning?” his mom asked as he came out. “You know it’s better if you go to sleep earlier than eleven, since you get up at this hour your father and I have been telling you that the whole year.”

“I know, but it just takes me more time to go to sleep,” he said and walked back to his room, now he was annoyed that his mom had given him the ‘go to sleep earlier’ speech. He opened the closet and grabbed a white shirt with crimson sleeves that said Aeropostale in the middle. He grabbed a pair of blue jeans with the symbol of an eagle on the back pockets. The jeans were kinda of a dark blue but on the bright side it looked really cool on him. “Well, now that I’m all change, I just have to put my shoes on and well watch some TV till I go,” he sat down on the bed and turned on the TV. “Cool Family Matters,” he said as he left the channel and put his grey running shoes on.

About twenty minutes later he was ready to go, his white backpack with black strips at hand as he hung it on his back. “Well, I gotta go, by mom,” he said grabbing his cell phone, his iPod and his key of the apartment.

He got out of the apartment and walked through the long well lit hall that took out of the building, once he followed it he got out of the hall, to reveal the three floored white building behind him, and three other building right next to each other. In fact it was a whole current of apartment building, with another set right in front of it; although it was being divided by the parking lot. He got down the small rocky stairs and started walking through the parking lot so that he could get to the entrance of the apartments.

He walked out by getting pass the green metallic doors; before it close of course, it was still pretty dark, but if there was something he could see was the giant fountain nearby, the water was glowing with a yellow light that came from the bottom of the water. He kept walking till he was able to see the bus stop, he was probably the first one there; since all the others probably don’t even care if they ever go to school, he wouldn’t either if it came to getting up at 5:30 morning and having to wait till 6:10 to leave for school.

The bust got there just in time; well, he got there just in time, after getting up he proceeded to sit down in the middle section of the bus; he always sat there, cause he felt a little more invisible, since he didn’t really like any of the kids that went in the bus; they were all….well not him maybe a little too tough, or maybe a little too demented.

He just sat down and turned his iPod on as he shut everything else down till the bus got to school; it was better that way anyways.

The bus’s door opened, they were in school after a good thirty minutes. He got off the bus and started walking; his school wasn’t so bad, except he would prefer to have a school that’s under roof, instead of one composed of different buildings. Right next to the bus stop was the Auto shop building and the Technology building.

He kept walking through a small covered half right next to a couple of portable classrooms, which look like some of those small offices you see in the middle of construction sites. “Hi Ellery,” he turned around to the girl that was waving at him. She had a long blonde hair that was being covered by the wall behind her, she was wearing a purple short sleeve shirt with the word Hollister in the middle, and she was wearing a blue miniskirt a pair of pink sandals.

“Oh hey Alexa,” Ellery turned around to look at Alexa up front, she was grinning while leaning on the white wall, her sweet warm smile that could make anyone happy; her great curvy body and of course her beautiful blue eyes that would make anyone lose their way in them. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be with your boyfriend?” he grunted in the last word, as much as he liked Alexa she was already taken, why, because the guy actually put a move on her while he was hiding like a coward.

“I know, but Bradley and his friends are hanging out by themselves today, so I couldn’t go.” Alexa shrugged she walked over to Ellery and snuck her left arm around to reach his backpack, and then she started unzipping it. Ellery turned around as fast as he could; stopping Alexa and almost making her fall off. “You always fall for that!” she laughed a leaning on one of the metallic poles that held the roof over them; she kept laughing till she fell to the floor.

“Yeah, funny, you know one of this days I’m gonna have to turn your own backpack upside down,” Ellery said and took off his backpack so that he could zip it back. “Anyways, shouldn’t you get to class?” Ellery asked raising his right eyebrow. Alexa just shook her head.

“Come on, lay off a little bit you know, have some fun.” She patted his shoulder and smiled. “Plus, it’s like ten minutes before class starts.” She turned around and started walking; although she kept her hands behind her back.

“Be careful not to get too lay off, I don’t want you falling into the mud again,” he laughed following her. “That was really unpleasant you know, since you splashed and ruined my pants,” Ellery said as he frowned.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have given me your hand in the first place,” Alexa said as she narrowed his eyes at her, her eyes were beautiful all right, but when she was angry, they were as blue and a cold as ice itself.

“Yeah I guess.” Ellery shrugged, he really didn’t care about that anymore; he just wanted something to talk about, and something to make Alexa forget the fact that his first period is on the other side of the school. Just as he was about to speak again the bell rang, Ellery closed his mouth and turned around. “Well, I better get to class, see ya Lex.” He started jogging to his first period.

“See ya,” she said and waved as she kept walking. “Maybe one of these days you’ll learn to have a little fun.” She muttered entering a white rectangle shaped building that was in front of the football field, the building was actually as long as the field itself.

At lunch time, everything was full; even though only half the school had the same lunch time. Ellery walked into the cafeteria, everyone was already getting their lunches and walking to their tables, you know to hang out with their friends. Ellery could see a lot of his friends at lunch, but most of them didn’t really talk to him much.

He finally found a table to sit in and started walking. He sat down and put his backpack on the chair next to him. “Hey Casey,” he turned to the kid on the other side, he was eating a pack of cheese crackers, he had a pale white skin; which was full of pimples and zits, his head was almost shaved, making it look like a soldiers haircut, but the few hairs he had left were brown.

“Hey Ellery, how’ve you been,” Casey lifted his head up as he looked across the table to Ellery; his put his fruit cup down.

“I’m fine, now let’s get to the point, I got eleven cards, I’ll let you pick eight, in exchange, you’ll let me get the number 15 for today’s track practice, deal.” Ellery grinned; he was going to turn fifteen in a few months so he thought it’ll be cool for him to have the number of his future age.

“You know I’ve been wanting that number for a long time, I’m fifteen and I wanted because, well it’s more of a coincidence with me than with you.” Casey crossed his arms and frowned; more kids were sitting around the table, but none of them were exactly friends of them. “So, I’ll need ten,” he said nodding his head.

“Are you kidding, eight and that’s all, I really need to keep Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard,” Ellery pointed at the last three cards; he moved them a bit since he saw a piece of gum on the desk.

“Then why did you put them there?” Casey asked rising an eyebrow.

“I just wanted to show off,” Ellery chuckled. “So, take this,” he put the other eight on Casey’s side. “And I’ll see you later, with the number 16.” He got up and walked off.

Casey sighed, Ellery always did this, and he bribed him into getting what he wanted just so that people would lose in the end. “Guess I can’t do anything about it,” Casey shrugged.

“This is so boring,” Ellery whined he was in English class; he hated Mrs. Turner, not because she was a bad teacher, but because she always picked him to answer questions. The room was well decorated, there were two shells on the back, four computer stations right next to it. There were about two boards, one on the front and one of the die. The desks were all in the middle of the room, and Mrs. Turner’s desk was on the left side right in front of the window.

“Yeah, I think I prefer watching the new paint on the wall dry up than this,” Jake was leaning his head on his right hand, he was wearing a navy blue shirt, he had a pair of blue jeans on, his hair was long but well combed, it covered his left eyes. His eyes were also blue colored. “What is she talking about again?”

“I think she’s talking about Odysseus or something like that,” Ellery shrugged, he knew a lot about Epics, but it was still a little boring.

“The Football Player?” Jake asked as he narrowed his eyes at Ellery.

“No, the Greek hero,” Ellery rolled his eyes; even though he didn’t know if Jake would find the sarcasm in what he just said.

“Ellery, since you’ve seen to not be paying attention, I assume that you know the answer to this question?” Mrs. Turner turned towards him, her cold black eyes looking pass the round glasses, she had a long tied up brown hair, she was wearing a black shirt that really showed all the fat she had on her stomach, and she was wearing a pair of blue jeans.

Ellery trembled, now he was in trouble. “Sure,” he said weakly as he got up. He started walking around the room trying to find a way to get out of this.

“How many years out of the ten years Odysseus traveled around the world did he spend in Calypso’s island?” she asked leaning on the big brown desk that was in front of all the student desks.

“Well, according to the facts.” Ellery looked over at the clock, only five minutes left, meaning he had to get enough time. “We know that Odysseus traveled for ten years, and that he spent a lot of those years travelling around, then he met Calypso, a hot chick if you might.” He kept walking around; hitting Jake in the back of the head once for making Mrs. Turner pick him.

“Now as any man would, Odysseus fell for this chick, and he couldn’t leave for a long time, I mean you know how women are sometimes they just can’t get off a man,” he looked down at the whole class, he was started to cold sweat; obviously his plan wasn’t working. “So all in all, she was really hot, considering that Odysseus took all that time to stay with her.”

“Can you just answer our question already?” Mrs. Turner glared at him, she didn’t want to embarrass Ellery, and she just wanted him to admit he wasn’t paying attention.

“Um, he stayed….” The bell rang. “See ya!” he ran over to his desk and grabbed his white backpack as soon as he could. He sprinted out of the room before Mrs. Turner could get to the door and block him. “I’ll answer it tomorrow, I swear!”

“Man, he really messed up now,” Jake laughed as he grabbed his black backpack and started walking out of the room.

“That was so damn funny,” Jake kept laughing his ass off after fourth period; the two were walking around campus towards the bus cycle. “I mean you just ran off like lighting, I bet you don’t even run that fast in your track practice.” Jake patted Ellery’s back and kept laughing.

“Very funny, technically it was your fault!” Ellery yelled as he glared at Jake, opening his mouth wide as he shouted. He looked forward; Alexa was walking over to them, her arm around her boyfriend’s Bradley’s, he was around Ellery’s height, his skin was tanned just like Ellery’s, his hair was cut so that it would be pointing upwards, he was wearing a brown jacket with a blue shirt under it, he had a pair of green pants and black shoes.

“Oh hey guys,” Jake said as he tugged Ellery’s shoulder so that he could say hi.

“Hey.” He waved bitterly.

“Hey Jake, hey Ellery, we were just walking over to the locker room, Alexa has to get ready for her Tennis practice,” Bradley turned to Alexa as two smiled at each other; Ellery was pretty sure that if it wasn’t for him and Jake they would be making out right now. “Mind if we go with you.

“No,” Jake said shaking his head.

“Yes,” Ellery nodded with annoyance; they both turned to each other and started arguing. They really didn’t like Bradley, but just telling him they couldn’t go with them was rude, plus they’ll get to be around a look alike of the guy that thought Harry Potter how to play Quidditch.

“Really, you guys are great,” Alexa nodded as she and Bradley walked right in front of Jake and Ellery. “So Ellery, I heard what happened on Mrs. Turner’s class.”

“You heard?” Ellery didn’t really expect the message to get out so fast.

“Yeah, everyone’s talking about that, calling you the sprinter celery,” Alexa and Bradley chuckled; Jake would’ve done that too, that is if Ellery wasn’t pissed at him already. Ellery hated the fact that people were always calling him celery, so his name resembled a vegetable, so what?

“That’s funny,” Ellery said and laughed sarcastically, he just couldn’t have a fit around his friends.

Ellery’s bus took twenty minutes to take him back home, since there were three stops between it. Once he got off his just started walking back home, his parents were probably gone for work already; they had to work on the afternoon so he was pretty much by himself.

“This has been a long day.” he sighed, he really needed to take a break from the whole English class mistake, and now that he had the whole afternoon to himself, it was the perfect time for that.

Once Ellery entered his house he walked over to his room sighing with annoyance. “He threw the backpack down and threw himself on the bed. “I’m such an idiot, how could I do something so stupid.” He punched the bed and then looked over at the white wall that was on the corner.

He walked over there; there was a paint frame there. “I haven’t drawn in years, but I do remember I suck at it, I guess it’s better that just sulking.” Ellery sighed and sat down on the computer chair. He kneeled down, there were a lot of markers on the floor, he grabbed and orange, a yellow and a red one.

“I’ll use this.” He looked down at the Charmander card in his hand. He put the card down and started drawing. After a few minutes, the drawing was done; only problem was that it was all squiggly, one eye was bigger than the other and the tail was wrapped around the right arm; which made it looked like if it was being strangled.

He put the frame down and walked back to the bed; taking his shoes off so that he wouldn’t get the blanket dirty. “I’ll just take a nap.” He closed his eyes, but just before he went to sleep he heard a bump on the wall and opened his eyes again. “I’m sure it was nothing.” He shrugged and closed his eyes again.

Meanwhile the frame moved with a thud, and just after that the drawing changed form. It actually took the form of a real Charmander.

“Man, I’m gonna be late to school.” Ellery got up the bed as fast as he could, it was already 6:05, and his parents were working in the morning that day, so he had to grab everything and get ready. He looked back at the frame. “I could take this to art class.” He looked at the frame and started scratching his chin. “I don’t remember drawing it this way, but what the hell.” He shrugged and put the frame under his left arm.

Ellery ran out of his apartment, it was still pitch dark since it was first hours in the morning. “Man, one of this days I have to bring a night light, or a lamp.” Ellery shook his head and walked down the stairs. He felt the frame move on his left arm. “What’s with this thing?” he looked down at the frame again.

He started walking into the darkness, he heard a few steps behind him; he turned around as fast as he could to see if there was anything behind him, or if it was just his imagination. There was a kid behind him, the kid was practically being covered by the darkness, he had a straight short white hair and was wearing a black shirt and black pants, his eyes glowed with anger as he stared at Ellery.

“Are you Ellery?” he asked walking a step further; now that he could see it well, he had his right hand inside his pockets. Ellery just looked at the kid as a chill climbed down his spine.

“Um…yeah,” he said and laughed nervously, being afraid that this kid would do something to him; he just took a step back. The kid on the other hand took a step forward.

“Good, then you’ll make my job a lot easier.” He grinned and took something out from his pocket, it looked like a small metallic ball, with a blue top and a white bottom and it had a black button in the middle.

“Cool, a blue pokéball, that must be rare to see.” His eyes opened wide as he stared at the blue metallic ball. “I mean, I didn’t know there was another Pokémon fan in this apartment complex.” He scratched his head and laughed nervously again.

“Go.” He threw the pokéball in the air, it popped open letting a big white glow out, and the glow started dispersing as a figure materialized. It looked like a penguin, it had a yellow like crown on its head, most of its body was dark blue, the chest was aqua thought, and it had white dots all around its chest. It had a small beak and short legs.

“No way, that can’t be a real…Prinplup!” Ellery backed away slowly, but he was so shocked that he tripped. “It can’t be it just can’t.”

“Master, what do I do with him?” the Prinplup turned back to look at the kid, he just grinned and lifted his hand waving at the Prinplup. “I understand.” Prinplup turned back around and glared at Ellery.

“What are you doing?” Ellery’s eyes widen as he started backing away with his hands. The Prinplup raised its right fin; it started glowing white and the penguin Pokémon started running. Prinplup jumped up and dove down, its fin glowing even brighter. “It’s using its Pound attack.” Ellery got up and jumped out of the way so that Prinplup wouldn’t hit him.

Prinplup landed right in front of Ellery, destroying the floor in front of him. “Give me the Pokémon and no one gets hurt.” The kid took more steps forward, till the only thing that divided them was Prinplup.

“Pokémon? I don’t have a Poké.” He shook his hands as fast as he could, hoping the kid would believe him and leave him alone. The kid looked down at the frame that was now on the floor. Ellery looked down also and sweat dropped. “That’s…that’s just a frame, I know it’s crappy….you can have it if that’s what you want.” He kept laughing and grabbed the frame putting it right in front of Prinplup. “Here.”

“Don’t lie to me!” the kid yelled, his glared became even scarier as Prinplup raised his fin for another Pound. “Prinplup, show it what happens when he plays with us!” Prinplup moved its arm back, then after a few seconds it pushed it back up; Ellery covered his face with the frame as the fin crashed with it. Suddenly, it started glowing.

“What is this?” he asked himself as he gasped in disbelief.

“What’s happening?” Sal opened his eyes, he was surrounded by pitch blackness, and so much eh could barely tell if he was alive or dead. “The last thing I remember was falling into the giant black hole, damn my dad, to think he could actually attack his own son like that.” Sal growled and got up.

That’s when he remembered the kid that he saw before leaving the black hole, he couldn’t remember how he looked like but he remembered something weird. Like if his body had being erased and it was being drawn back to life by him, as if he was getting a second chance.

He covered his eyes as he saw a white glow appearing right in front of him. “Now what?” he looked past the light, there was a Prinplup and a kid right in front of him. A light appeared behind him, past it was the kid he had seemed before. That’s when he saw that the Prinplup was about to use Pound on the kid. “I may not know this kid but it seems like he’s in trouble and…” Sal opened his eyes wide. “I don’t know but I just feel….Flamethrower.”

Just as the pound was about to hit the frame a strong jet of flames came out and collided with the pound; it passed it and crashed with Prinplup’s face; burning it completely. Prinplup took a few steps back; stopping just when it was next to its trainer.

“What happened Prinplup.” The kid looked back at the frame and gasped, there was a giant hole in it, and not a normal hole it was like a dimensional hole, like one of those Sci-Fi movies where you can just see another dimension.

Ellery dropped the frame. “What the hell!” he yelled taking a step back, then two hands came out of the frame. They grabbed the sides and pushed themselves up. Once the creature was out Ellery could recognize what it was. A Charmander, the Charmander jumped out of the frame and landed right in front of Prinplup. “A real Charmander.”

“Who are you?” Prinplup asked, raising its fin once more. Sal grinned and glared at the penguin Pokémon.

“The name’s Sal and I’m here to kick your ass!” Sal yelled clenching his fist in confidence.

*Sal…Sal the Charmander* Ellery thought as he prepared to see the battle that was about to take place between the Charmander and Prinplup.

To Be Continued...

Blog Entries

Hey good first chapter, Hero. I like how you captured the distinctness between the two realms with the diologue and emotion of the human characters when they encounter the Pokemon.

I do think the imagery and details are a bit forced at the beginning; some of the mundane details like where everything is placed on the dresser and some of the more minor details could be subtly slid in throughout the story, ya know? I mean it's not really bad, but it just seems like you are forcing some of the imagery down our throats...but that being said, it DOES create a pretty good picture of description.

Anyways, great chapter, this story is very interesting so far.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Thanks for the compliment, and I guess I got a little carried away with placing stuffs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast