A Hyuuga x Tomono fic I have started, and I'm going to actually ATTEMPT to finish it. XD Which is why I'm posting it on like....all three forums I go to. So I'll have incentive to finish it. Now I'm not the best writer ever, but I don't write the conventional pairs :D And yes, I focus on dialogue a lot. D: So without further ado....

Tempation Eyes

He sat by himself on a bench in the locker room, holding his chin in his hand. He was definitely distressed; he’d come all this way for nothing! And to be beaten by a stupid boy and his little pansy Pokemon!

“Really, who uses a Torkoal in serious battle? Geez…” he sighed, fighting tears back. “He got lucky with Tropius is all….and then that Corphish…and then…”

He heard the door open and looked up to see one of the favorites-to-win, Hyuuga, entering the room looking thoroughly pissed.

“Hyuuga?” he asked, causing the glasses-clad man to jump slightly.

“Holy…. Oh. It’s just you, Tomono.”

Tomono blinked. “You say that as though we actually know each other.”

A slight laugh from Hyuuga. “I know, I know. But you seem to be an interesting person to know. I mean, you train unconventional Pokemon to great effect! I hardly seen anyone use a Tropius!”

He opened a locker and took out a white messenger bag, putting his baton into it carefully as well as his two Pokeballs. He took a quick look at Tomono and noticed he was just staring off into the distance, looking down in the dumps. He put his bag back into the locker and sat down beside him.

“I saw you lose.” Hyuuga said softly. “You put up an awesome fight out there…it’s a shame that Satoshi kid beat you.”

A nod. “I want you to totally thrash him for me when you two have your battle.”

Hyuuga shook his head. “It’s over for me. I battled him already. I lost.”

There was silence for a few moments as Tomono stared in disbelief.

“…you?”

“Yes, me. The favorite to win. I hope someone totally destroys that kid…”

“Someone probably will. That kid has got too damn much luck for it to last him much longer.”

Hyuuga paused, then turned to Tomono. He had a small smile across his face, looking almost sinister. “I guess that’s true…he can’t stay this lucky for much longer.”

Now it was Tomono’s turn to get up and open a locker, taking out a messenger bag that looked similar to Hyuuga’s only black. It had various pins all over it that Hyuuga found amusing. The one that caught his attention most however, was a little rainbow one that said ‘Smile if you’re gay!’. He blushed, remembering he had seen that pin before, on the shirt of a boy who had been walking to the stadium in Evergrande holding hands with another boy who was also wearing the same pin.

“Do you have a boyfriend, then?” Hyuuga asked, mentally kicking himself right after.

Tomono turned bright red. “What?”

“It’s just I…I…I saw your pin and….wondered.”

“What pi- …oh! That one!” he said, pointing to it. “I’m gay, yeah…but….”

“You sound embarrassed.”

“I am…I know being ‘that way’ isn’t taken very well around here…but can I help it? No.” His face became stern, and he grew deathly quiet. He slammed the locker shut and sat back down on the bench, putting his messenger bag on his lap and clinging tightly to the long black shoulder strap.

“Tomono…?”

He lifted his head and met Hyuuga’s comforting gaze. When he realized that Hyuuga wasn’t going to ridicule him at all and that he understood, he unclenched his fists and sighed.

“I’m sorry, I just…I guess…I’m just so used to all the nasty snide comments is all. ‘Oh, so you like it up the ass, manslut?!’ ‘So who sucks your cock at night, fag?’ ‘I bet you have more STDs than you have socks!’ ‘Don’t touch me, I might get AIDS!’ …I’ve almost given up on being myself so they’ll stop…”

Hyuuga put an arm around him, letting him rest his head on his shoulder.

“That’s why I’m not that open about my sexuality…I’m bisexual, you see. More on the gay side. I’ve found most of the females I’ve met are disgusting. And frankly, I don’t wanna trust something that bleeds out the crotch once a month.”

A small smile began to form on Tomono’s face, and he began to laugh. “Oh, I hear ya. I just dislike women in general…but I’d never thought of it that way! Bleeding out the crotch once a month...that’s just… wow…that’s gold, right there.”

Hyuuga began to scratch Tomono’s head like a puppy. “Well, it’s my honest opinion. And I-”

“Hyuuga…you’re touching me.”

He paused, realized what he was doing, and lowered his hand back to its position resting on Tomono’s shoulder.

“Do you not like people touching you?”

Tomono shook his head. “Not usually…not unless I know them well enough…”

“Oh…I’m sorry, then. It’s just instinctual of me to do something with my hands while I’m talking…”

Blink. “….really, now?”

Silence.

Loud laughter from Tomono.

“Oh, you perv.” Hyuuga laughed. “I didn’t mean it like THAT!”

More loud laughter from Tomono.

“Geez, Tomono! You’re gonna fall off this-”

THUD.

“….bench."

But Tomono continued to laugh until finally he came to a slow, wheezing halt.

“Oh, that was rich…that was SO rich…now help me up, my sides hurt.”

Hyuuga held out his hand, letting Tomono grab hold of it and pull himself up. He plunked himself back down onto the bench and leaned on Hyuuga, watching with amusement as the Fire trainer blushed.

“Um…w-what are you doing?” Hyuuga asked, not even looking at him.

“I’m hitting on you, sir.” Came the casual reply.

“Um…um…um…”

Tomono nuzzled into Hyuuga’s shoulder, brushing his cheek slightly with the green hair that fell in cute little curls onto the clean white fabric of Hyuuga’s coat.

“You’re the only one I’ve met who’s actually understood me, even if only for a few minutes...” He sighed, playing with Hyuuga’s scarf.

“That’s nice, but I don’t know if I-”

“Tomono?! Hyuuga?!”

Both jumped at this sudden interruption. At the door stood a girl with long teal hair, her matching eyes wide open at the sight of Tomono cuddling Hyuuga’s shoulder.

“What is going on here?! Answer me! Right now!” she snapped.

“K-Kaede! Uh…this isn’t what it looks like! We’re not…!” Hyuuga stuttered, feeling Tomono’s grip on his shoulder loosen.

“He has a sore shoulder from waving that baton around all day, that’s all.” Tomono replied, sounding slightly downcast. “I was rubbing it for him. I give good shoulder rubs.”

Kaede blinked. “Oh. Well, in that case, sign me up! My shoulders are killing me!”

“Actually, I was just leaving.”

He got up, slinging his bag over his shoulder and storming out the door. In the process, Hyuuga saw a red-and-white object fall out of the bag and roll across the floor- a Pokeball.

“Oh shit. Tomono, wait!” Hyuuga yelled, picking it up and running out the door and into the hallway. “Tomono! You dropped a Pokeball! Tomono!”

He saw Tomono stop at the exit and turn his head slightly.

“Meh. Give it here.”

Hyuuga held it out for him to take, and he snatched it roughly and kicked the exit door open. He walked out without another word, leaving Hyuuga to wonder what had made him so upset all of a sudden.

“I wouldn’t worry about him.” He heard Kaede say from behind him. He turned to face her, and she gave him a sympathetic look. “He’s been having mood swings since he came to Evergrande for the League. Granted they haven’t been this bad, but-”

“…Kaede.”

“Yes?”

“I don’t think this is simply a mood swing. I think I pissed him off somehow...”

Kaede looked confused. “How? When I walked in he seemed perfectly happy.”

He thought for a moment, then his eyes widened.

“Shit.” He muttered, biting his lip.

He pushed the exit door open and ran after Tomono, nearly tripping on himself in a hurry to get to him. When he got close enough he grabbed him by the sleeve.

“Tomono…”

“Don’t you ‘Tomono’ me! You’re such a jerkoff! You let me hug you and cling to you and play with your scarf and you don’t even like me! ‘Oh no, Kaede, we’re not!’ You asshole!”

Hyuuga sighed. “Tomono, I didn’t think you wanted someone like Kaede to know you were gay…you said it yourself, that you’re sick of the snide comments! I did that out of caring for you!”

“Caring?! Ha! That’s a laugh, Hyuuga! That’s a BIG fucking laugh! No one cares about me!”

The fire trainer’s face turned red. “No one cares about you?! If I didn’t care, why the HELL would I have been talking to you?! Why would I have bothered trying to comfort you when you were sad?! Why would I have lied to save you from embarrassment?!”

Tomono looked surprised. “…lied? Hyuuga…”

Suddenly, Tomono found himself being pulled closer to Hyuuga, and felt a pair of warm lips up against his. He placed his hands on Hyuuga’s chest, clinging tightly to the fabric of his coat and allowing him to deepen the kiss. When Hyuuga pulled away, he saw that Tomono was blushing a bright scarlet.

“I…Hyuuga, I….”

“I KNEW IT!”

Hyuuga and Tomono paused, then slowly turned in the direction they had come from to see Kaede storming up to them. Tomono clung to Hyuuga’s arm, fearing the worst.

“I knew there was something going on between you two!” she snapped. “You lied to me, Hyuuga! You’re gay! You’re gay with Tomono!”

Hyuuga pushed up his glasses with a smirk. “And that’s a problem… why?”

“It’s a problem because you didn’t tell me!”

Tomono blinked. “…huh?”

Kaede smiled, and pulled out her wallet. Or at least, it looked like one from the outside. It was actually a miniature photo album, and she turned to the first picture. It showed her, and a familiar pink-haired pigtailed girl. They were in an embrace, looking like they were about to kiss.

“I’m a lesbian.” She said plainly. “I’ve been wondering if there were any other homosexuals in this tournament but now I guess I know!”

“You’re with Yuriko?!” Tomono exclaimed, hardly believing his eyes or ears.

Kaede nodded. “Since the tournament began. But now I’m the only one left…of any of us, really. Did that Satoshi brat take BOTH of you out?”

“Yeah…but you know, I kinda don’t mind so much. I mean, if it wasn’t for the both of us losing, we never would have actually met and talked…and fallen in love.”

“That’s so sweet….” Kaede cooed, watching the two snuggle. “But cheesy. And now if you’ll excuse me, my battle’s about to start. I promise, I’ll own Satoshi for both of your sakes!”

With that she was gone, leaving Tomono and Hyuuga alone. Tomono smiled, grasping Hyuuga’s hand.

“We should totally go on a date.”

A sound like that of a car with a banana in the tailpipe emerged from Hyuuga’s mouth. “A date?!”

“Well…yeah…you know… go out to eat together, maybe go shopping, maybe go back to my place for a little somethin’-somethin’….”

Hyuuga blushed. “Oh my.”

“So it’s settled! The Lilycove Mall at 5:00 tonight! I’ll meet you there because I take FOREVER to get ready, and-”

“The mall…..?”

His smile nearly stretched from ear to ear. “Yeah…it’s got food, it’s got shopping, it’s got a little drugstore where we can pick up some condoms…how many are we gonna need tonight? 20? 50?”

“Tomono!”

“What? Too low a number?”

“Why don’t we just start with the food and the shopping…?” Hyuuga replied, nearly stuttering.

“Aww…okay.” Tomono replied, pouting. “Well, I’ll be going then! I need to get ready. Look pretty! But don’t wear anything formal! Oh, this is going to be so much FUN!”

Yeah, the romance part is a little rushed, but hey. I'm impatient to write the scenes I want to write. XD Like the kissy scene! And the upcoming shopping scene. XD