ATTENTION: The Summer Awards Nomination Opens! (CLOSED)

Thread: The Summer Awards Nomination Opens! (CLOSED)

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default The Summer Awards Nomination Opens! (CLOSED)

Hello Workshop!

It is that moment you have all been waiting for! After an unfortunate delay, it is time for the 2013 Spring/Summer Awards to begin! :D

Now, from now until June 8th 12 PM NZ Time, users may Private Message me with their submissions/self nominations of their own work. Please note that, due to real life commitments (ie, exams), the person to PM to may change later in the week but for now you only need to message me, and you won't need to resubmit should that situation arise. However, before you do so, read the following first:

- The categories that you can nominate for are as follows:
    Best Journey Fic (stories that follow a gym or contest storyline or something similar)
    Best Dark Fic (has dark themes and a storyline as the core of the story)
    Best Crossover/Non Pokemon Fic (crossovers with another franchise or is an original or different fandom story)
    Best Alternate (everything that doesn't go anywhere else)
    Best Expansion (expands on canon characters and concepts)
    Best Protagonist
    Best Antagonist
    Best Supporting
    - You can have two nominations per category. For the three character categories, this will be a maximum of six entries (two per three). In order to keep the story categories under control, though, I am setting the limit at four for these Awards: largely as I doubt there are many people with more than four stories eligible, and also so you can focus on getting your core stories nominated in the next round rather than spreading possible votes too thin.
    - A link to each story must be provided just for ease on me and the other moderators. Your entry will be void if you do not submit a link to your work.
    - This is a for example rule: If you have three fics that are all Journey, do not try and slip one into a different category to get it included as well. When we read the fics and find they do not belong in that category, it will simply be discounted and would mare your attempt at Awards glory. This applies for all story categories, Journey was used as an example.
    - DO NOT nominate any one else's work in this category. If you think someone should get their work in then PM them and encourage them to submit, but do not include someone else's story in your work.
    - Fics have to have been updated since January 20th in order to be eligible for this. Anything updated before that time frame may not be submitted. Work that is updated during this week can be counted within the judging, but if your fic is updated after June 8th onwards it will not count.

I hope that is all clear :) The thread will remain open to deal with any further questions. All nominated fics will be posted with the next thread rather than this one being continuously updated. Good luck everyone, and I hope to see a lot of entries!

Also, if you would still like to judge, PM me! I am taking people in order of submission and I would like to have a few back up people in case we get a lot more entries than last time in the judging round.
    Last edited by AceTrainer14; 1st June 2013 at 04:53 PM.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The Summer Awards Nomination Opens!

I sent in my nominations last night just to let you know, AT. :)

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So apparently you're supposed to nominate only your own work now? Alright, I'll bite, but only because somebody else asked :P
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

@Kelleo: Yes, I do notice when I get PM's, I am a bit busy though so I am not replying.

@Zekurom: We are doing it this way so that more fics stand a chance of getting nominated and recognised rather than it being left up to a few odd people deciding what gets to stand a chance.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

@AceTrainer14;: Oh, I was just making sure you got it, my apologies.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

If you want to track your PM's there is a read receipt box you can click underneath the typing window, it lets you follow your messages and see when they get read :)

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Oh, so that's what that's for. I had no idea lol. I feel idiotic. XD

Trophies
    Blog Entries

We have had seven entries already and it has only been two days! In the old Award's style we would already have the same level of fics and characters as we did in Winter, so I am very pleased to see people getting involved! I encourage the rest of you to get your submissions in as well, and be ready for the voting thread when that starts up as well!

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

I sent AceTrainer14 a PM about this, but I won't have my story finished by the 8th and I'm submitting for best supporting character so could I just submit what I have done in the story or must it be finished?

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveewithwings123 View Post
    I sent AceTrainer14 a PM about this, but I won't have my story finished by the 8th and I'm submitting for best supporting character so could I just submit what I have done in the story or must it be finished?
    It does not have to be finished. You can submit your fic(or character) even if it is unfinished, you just have to remember that it will be judged upon what is done so if your character hasn't come into what you want it to be it might not be judged as well as you would like. But you can indeed submit anything if it isn't finished.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Yes!!! Thank Arceus I was so worried! Actually, my supporter gets downgraded a bit later in the story (the part I haven't done yet) so it's actually better.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

There are less then eighteen hours left to get your submissions in! Make sure you do not miss out on this opportunity! Stealing a bit of what Kyuuketsuki said in the General Chat here, but he made some excellent points: it is largely an opportunity to promote your stories and characters, get a bit more attention, and get some indepth feedback from the judges, as well as hopefully winning an Award! We put a lot of work into running these competitions and they happen whether people enter or not, so it would be a shame if people did not get involved and tried to get their fics the attention they deserve!

I have entered (and you have replied to) Aqua from my fanfic for best supporting! Also, I don't care what kinda judge I can be. (Just try not to put anything too mature in my face)

Trophies
    Blog Entries

There are less than two hours left!!!!! If you have not yet submitted your work for consideration make sure you get it in now and don't miss the opportunity! There is about one hour and thirty seven minutes, so get going y'all! And there is no limit to how long you have been on the forums or anything: you could have only joined last week and posted your story yesterday and you can still nominate yourself!
    Last edited by AceTrainer14; 7th June 2013 at 05:33 PM.