Summer Awards Discussion - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 64
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Summer Awards Discussion

  1. #16
    Reader and Writer Legacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,394
    Blog Entries
    65

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    Yes, it would win by default, which is why it would be nice to have at least several nominees for each category.

    Remember guys, this is the nomination phase of the awards, which means if there is a fic you think should be in the running for an award, nominate it instead of simply nominating something that is already been nominted. Nominating a certain fic doesn't mean you have to vote for it in the voting stage.

  2. #17
    J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    982
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    Another clarification question here. Sorry to bug you guys so much, but I'm actually working fairly hard on these nominations

    What does it mean for an author to be a newcomer? Like, they joined since the last awards season? They've been here under a year? Would I be considered a newcomer (I joined late last December)?

    Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    * * * * *
    Find me on Soundcloud

  3. #18
    ◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Old World.
    Posts
    2,231
    Blog Entries
    329

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    Maybe we should've had a Nomination limit of two or three per category; that would have given some more competitiveness to the awards, and given more options to the nominators.

  4. #19
    Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,805
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    Maybe if we dont get any nominations in a category, the moderators who arent judging the category could nominate a story each

    ^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

  5. #20
    Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,153
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    Another clarification question here. Sorry to bug you guys so much, but I'm actually working fairly hard on these nominations

    What does it mean for an author to be a newcomer? Like, they joined since the last awards season? They've been here under a year? Would I be considered a newcomer (I joined late last December)?
    Ah, the rules of that award were not mentioned this time round since they were last time but I believe the rules are if you have become active in the Workshop since this March you are considered a "newcomer". So, no, you wouldn't be a newcomer, sorry!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuujux View Post
    Maybe we should've had a Nomination limit of two or three per category; that would have given some more competitiveness to the awards, and given more options to the nominators.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. A list of people appointed by the moderators to already be nominated? I can't help but feel that would not only give them an unfair advantage but render the nominations phase pretty much pointless.

    Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    Maybe if we dont get any nominations in a category, the moderators who arent judging the category could nominate a story each
    I think this might be a workable idea but I'd be more inclined to do it in categories were there are no nominations. The one person nominated shouldn't really be punished for being the only person in that category.

  6. #21
    ◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Old World.
    Posts
    2,231
    Blog Entries
    329

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gastly's Mama View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. A list of people appointed by the moderators to already be nominated? I can't help but feel that would not only give them an unfair advantage but render the nominations phase pretty much pointless.
    I meant people who nominate being able to nominate more than one thing for each award, with a limit of two or three. Such as being able to nominate 2 characters for Best Main Characters, and 2 stories for Best Journey Fic. (Or 3)

  7. #22
    Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,153
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuujux View Post
    I meant people who nominate being able to nominate more than one thing for each award, with a limit of two or three. Such as being able to nominate 2 characters for Best Main Characters, and 2 stories for Best Journey Fic. (Or 3)
    Actually, I think you are allowed to nominate two stories for each category, although it doesn't specify in these new rules.

    I recall that in the 1st Awards you were allowed to nominate two different stories.
    Kayi-chan likes this.

  8. #23
    ポケモン Tsutarja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,346
    Blog Entries
    564

    Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    Is that really true? If so, so I can go and add more stories to my post. :/

  9. #24
    *rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Mexico
    Posts
    9,191
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Is that really true? If so, so I can go and add more stories to my post. :/
    Yes, it's true. During all the award seasons, the community has been able to nominate multiple stories per category, as they see fit.

    2010/08/02: 4th chapter

    More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

  10. #25
    ◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Old World.
    Posts
    2,231
    Blog Entries
    329

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    Well, that is a new piece of information... *facepalms*

    I really should have checked out the first threads...

  11. #26
    I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The United States
    Posts
    564
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    I was wondering if I could do a coverage on the awards. I had a few ideas in mind (author interviews and such). I'm not a moderator, so I didn't know if this was out of the question. If i do interviews, it would probably be the same three questions each authors would get. Can I discuss this with an awards moderator? Is someone already doing interviews?

  12. #27
    J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    982
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    If I recall correctly, Legacy said he was going to do interviews last year but it never came to fruition. I think it's a great idea.

    Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    * * * * *
    Find me on Soundcloud

  13. #28
    Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    697
    Blog Entries
    16
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    I'm a bit late in coming in here, so I'm not too sure. The name of the awards season implies that it's a quarterly event. Is this in fact the case?
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

    'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

  14. #29
    Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,153
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
    I'm a bit late in coming in here, so I'm not too sure. The name of the awards season implies that it's a quarterly event. Is this in fact the case?
    Indeed.

  15. #30
    Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    697
    Blog Entries
    16
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

    Default Re: Summer Awards Discussion

    Splendid. That means I'll be able to take part in the nominations properly come August. I haven't read many of the fics here yet, so I can't do much in the way of nominating.
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

    'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •