Hi, dearest Workshop community!
The staff has prepared an event for next month, based on the NaNoWriMo, which is a challenge to write as much as you can of a completely new story in just a month's time.
The Workshop's NaNoWriMo incarnation, the SuBuWriMo (if you can guess what it stands for, you get a hug!), differs from the original event in that we don't have a single word count goal for writers to achieve, and instead count with three to fit as many writing styles as possible:
- Bronze rank: 1000 to 9999 words long.
- Silver rank: 10000 to 99999 words long (the original NaNoWriMo is set here, at 50000 words)
- Gold rank: 100000 words long and up!
But don't worry about the ranks too much; they're only references. If you choose to try at one and don't reach it, your work is still appreciated and eligible for the next Award Season to be held in July, unlike with the other writing events, such as the Holiday Contest last December.
Now, onto more specific rules:
- To add your story to the challenge, just post a link leading to it in this thread.
- You can write more than one SuBuWriMo story; there are no limits on our side!
- You can continue your story if you don't finish it by June 30, but you will be awarded the appropriate badge for your word count at that date.
- If you finish your story by June 30, you will get automatically moved to the Fanfic Archive and be eligible for the Best Archived Story Award.
- If you post profiles and such in the Author's Atlas, they contribute to your word count! But if you post in the Writer's Block or reply to reviews, that doesn't get into the final count.
- If you don't get many reviews, or they are negative, don't get discouraged! The purpose is to keep writing, regardless of what others think of your story.
- If you are to ask for help in the Writer's Block, don't wait on it and keep writing; you don't have much time, there's only one month!
- You cannot have a head start; that is, you can't use an existing story before June 1 as a SuBuWriMo attempt.
If any question remains, the staff is at your service in this thread!