TEEN: Stainless Steel: Steven Stone's Adventures in Hoenn (Chapter 25) - Page 7
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel: Steven Stone's Adventures in Hoenn (Chapter 25)

Ch-ch-ch-changes Zero-Suit Lugion's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Stainless Steel: Steven Stone's Adventures in Hoenn

Quote Originally Posted by Staulmaster View Post
    Also, when is Beldum going to evolve so that it can use other moves! XD
    Soon, I think! :P

I'll be your shadow Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Well that was an exciting battle to say the least. I liked how Steven figured out Abra's Teleportation pattern though and I think he's getting the hang of battling, though Beldum needs to evolve so that it can learn more attacks

Blog Entries

Thanks everybody. Beldum will be evolving soon.

I just didn't want to do it too early.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lugion View Post
    Thanks everybody. Beldum will be evolving soon.

I just didn't want to do it too early.
    Can't wait! Metagross is awesome. I hope he gets Meteor Mash as a Metang.
    You've done a great job as usual on these. Again, I like how he's becoming amore competent battler. He's becoming calmer and more focused. I honestly can't wait till the evolution and the next chapter!

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

Thanks! I won't say if Beldum will evolve in the next chapter, as I've a good chapter's material to write before that, but even I don't know. XD

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just read the first two chapters, and I am really liking the story. I'll try to catch up to the others soon. Steven is a great character and I can't wait to see how he becomes the champion. Wallace is annoying me for some reason... maybe because I never liked him. The battles seem simple so far, but it's probably only because I haven't started the first Gym battle. Overall, great story, I'll keep reading for as long as I can.

I need beer money dammit! Rob Anybody's Avatar

Who is the prodigy?
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.

ALL BOW BEFORE THE MIGHTY HYPNOTOAD!

Garrus Vakarian Facts

My Fic: Fabricati Diem, Pvnc Help a struggling writer! Read and review! Constructive criticism is much appreciated!

Blog Entries

You'll see. ;)

...and Never-Turn-Back. Giratina!'s Avatar
    somewhere on the other side of the multiple universes, on a track running parallel to your Earth...

Hrm... just read the rest of the chapters, and I gotta say, they live up to the first. Aside from the fact that you seem really fond of commas (seriously, during the Petalburg Woods chapters I could hardly understand what was going on through the ridiculously long sentences), everything is running at a good pace, and once again kiddie Steven proves to be a very entertaining protagonist. I do have some predictions, though - if you want I can PM them to you or something. XD
    valuable are the new friends
    yet priceless are the old;
    but they all have souls of silver
    and they all have hearts of gold.

wings have we | abecedarian

Blog Entries

Thanks.

And sure, go ahead. :)

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am VERY pleased to say that your fic has been the first one in the entire Writer's Workshop that has captured my attention to the very end. Marvellous. Wallace's characterisation is awesome, but I suggest some more defining points on Steven to make him more memorable. Great job. *THUMBS UP*
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just finished reading Chapter 9. The pacing is good, the characters are all ok, but I only like Steven so far. The battles got more interesting and entertaining. Can't wait for Chapter 10.

Blog Entries

Thanks, both of you!

DarkDreams- I realize Steven's been pretty bland-ish, but I do have things in store for him as the story progresses.

Blog Entries

Sorry for not posting this earlier, guys, but you know how school goes. So, to recap, Steven has just taken out two Millennium grunts and is preparing to take on more to help repel the invasion of Littleroot Town.

Chapter 10: The Prodigy
    Joy sighed in relief as Steven came around the corner. “Thank goodness!” she whispered. “I heard all the crashing and thought you'd been defeated.”

“Thanks. I need Beldum healed,” Steven said, indicating Beldum, who was floating just over his shoulder.

“All right,” Joy said, before directing Chansey to restore Beldum's energy with a Healing Wave. A soft pink glow illuminated the alleyway for a second as the restoring beam of energy transferred from Chansey to Beldum.

“Bel,” Beldum said, grateful.

“All right, I'm going to go to the next house,” Steven said.

“No, the plans have changed,” Joy said, putting a restraining hand on his shoulder. “All the grunts have left the houses and entered the laboratory. Wallace and John have already gone after them.”

Steven nodded his head. “Let's go,” he said, turning and sprinting off toward the sprawling complex of the Littleroot Laboratory.

Just as Joy had said, there were no grunts in sight, aside from the two tied up on the couple's porch. Steven easily strode up to the front door, and squat on his haunches. He slowly turned the doorknob, biting his lower lip in concentration. It slid further, further, further... and then the door swung open. Steven leapt inside, and gasped.

Joy, Wallace, and Birch, as well as an old man and several lab assistants, were laying on the ground, their wrists and ankles bound by ropes and their mouths gagged. A mob of grunts stood circled around them. The Joy behind Steven let out a masculine chuckle as her body began to flicker, revealing a surprisingly tall, lanky man in clothing similar to Isis. Long black hair framed his pale face, and he, too, wore the double crown.

“Who are you?” Steven demanded. Beldum hovered at the ready beside its master.

“Who am I?” the man repeated. He chuckled. “I am Set, Grand Vizier of Team Millennium. The question is, little boy, who are you?”

Steven hesitated, unnerved by the man's dark manner. “My name... is Steven Stone. I am going to be the Champion of the Hoenn Region.”

Set laughed derisively. “Champion? You? You barely managed to defeat Ton and To just moments ago!” he said, apparently meaning the two grunts that had been interrogating the couple.

Wallace struggled out of his gag. “Steven, watch out! He's got a Duskull and a Kirlia!” he warned.

Set grinned malevolently. The Chansey behind him flickered in the same manner as he had himself earlier, revealing a dark gray Pokémon with a skull for a face and a single, glowing eye in the void behind it, as well as a white and green Pokémon that resembled a dancer. They loomed menacingly behind their trainer.

“Beldum, Iron Head!” Steven directed.

“Duskull, Shadow Sneak,” Set commanded coolly.

The Duskull disappeared from view, seemingly melting into a shadow, which moved across the blue-tiled floor and sprung up behind Beldum, delivering a ghostly blow with one wispy arm.

Beldum cried out and recoiled, crashing into the ground, shattering several tiles.

“Duskull is a ghost-type, which means it has an advantage over your Beldum,” Set said. “You may as well give up now.”

“Give up?” Steven frowned, glaring at Set. “I will never give up!” he declared. “Beldum, give it another Iron Head!”

Beldum launched itself at Duskull, slamming its glowing head into its opponent. Duskull was knocked back by the attack, but took little damage.

“Again!” Steven shouted.

“Shadow Sneak.”

Duskull once again disappeared and reappeared to strike Beldum from behind.

“Now use Disable.”

Duskull and Beldum locked eyes.

“Beldum, use Iron Head!” Steven interjected.

Beldum lunged forward, but passed right through Duskull and crashed into a wall, sending drywall falling down onto the grunts.

“What was that? I said Iron Head, not Take Down!” Steven said, shocked.

“Kid, you may be tenacious, but you don't really have any experience, do you? Your Beldum can't use Iron Head anymore, because that move has been literally disabled. The only attack your Pokémon can use now is Take Down, and that can't affect Duskull,” Set explained, still keeping his cool. “Now, Duskull, use Astonish.”

Duskull disappeared again, but this time, it didn't form a shadow. Instead, it immediately reappeared in front of Beldum, flailing its arms and moaning loudly. Beldum crashed to the ground, stunned.

“What are you going to do?” Steven asked defiantly.

Set stepped forward and grabbed Steven's collar, and dragged him toward a storage closet, which one of the grunts eagerly opened. Steven glanced up and saw Beldum being pulled through the air by Duskull.

Steven kicked and flailed, but Set held firm with seemingly superhuman strength. He grunted, trying as hard as his body would permit to escape the man's grasp, but he nevertheless glided over the smooth tile.

Set tossed him easily into the closet, and Duskull dropped Beldum next to him. The door slammed, and Steven was enveloped in darkness. The lock clicked.

Steven stood and slammed his fists on the door. “Let me out of here! Let me out or... or...” He fell silent. He could hear, albeit muffled, Set grab one of the captives in the main area.

“Now, urchin,” he growled, “tell me where I can find the stone!”

“No,” the captive replied, obviously frightened. “I don't even know where it is myself.”

Steven gasped- it was John Birch! Birch was the prodigy!

“If you don't want to face the judgment of Team Millennium, you will tell us now!”

“I don't know where it is!” Birch insisted.

“LIAR!” Set screamed furiously. There was a loud thud, and Birch cried out in pain. Had Set simply tossed him like he had Steven?

“No, don't!” a voice pleaded weakly.

That must be Professor Mangrove, Steven thought.

“Please, don't hurt him,” the professor continued.

“How do they keep getting free of their gags?” Set snarled. “Tighten them!”

“Now, tell me where the stone is, or you will never see this town again. You can say good-bye to everyone in it! We're going to destroy everything!” Set declared.

Steven could hear Birch grunt several times. All he could think was that Set was physically harming the boy.

“Don't hurt him!” Steven shouted, slamming his fists on the door again. “Don't you dare hurt anybody!”

He backed up against the far wall, then lunged forward and slammed his shoulder against the door, but it held firm. He recoiled, fell to the ground, and rubbed his now-sore shoulder.

“I'm sorry, Beldum. I'm so sorry. I- I can't believe it's going to end like this,” Steven said. He felt his stomach churning like he was about to throw up. Tears welled up in his eyes. His body shook uncontrollably.

“Steven...” Birch called weakly. “Help...”

Steven looked up at the doorknob, which glinted in the dim light that slipped in through the cracks around the door. He slowly stood and reached toward it, turned it. It didn't open.

Steven sank back to his knees.

“Where is the Millennium Comet?!” Set demanded. “Tell me, or we'll kill the old man!”

“I don't know!” Birch said, voice cracked by sobs.

Steven slammed his fist against the door again.

Suddenly, an explosion rocked the building.

“What was that?” Set hissed. “Grunts! Take care of it!”

There came several “Yes sir!” replies from the grunts, a storm of footsteps as they vacated the lab, and the front door swung open and then slammed shut.

Steven could just barely hear the commotion outside. “Tell me now!” Set said again. “I'll kill the man now! There's no time left!”

Steven perked up. He slammed his fist against the door with renewed vigor. “Let me out now!” he demanded.

“You're in no position to make demands, boy!” Set yelled.

“Going from your impatience, neither are you!” Steven retorted.

Set growled. A loud bang drowned out all other sound for a split-second, and Steven's ears rang. The captives issued muffled screams. Steven's eyes began to boil over with righteous anger. He didn't know if Set had actually shot anybody, but he was going down. Now.

“You... let... me... out!” Steven said, rage building, punctuating each word by slamming his fist against the door again.

Then the lights flickered in the main room. Beldum's body began to let off a brilliant white glow, forcing Steven to shut his eyes for several moments until it faded. Once Steven could open his eyes again, the door was smashed into pieces and shrapnel shot across the laboratory.

Steven stepped into the light, followed by a Pokémon larger than Beldum, with the same color scheme, but with two eyes instead of one, separated by a long, sharp silver nose. Its two arms were almost identical to Beldum, but instead of a head, each had a thin appendage connecting it to the main, disk-like body.

“Me-tang,” the Pokémon threatened.

“Like I said,” Steven smirked, “don't you dare hurt anybody.”

I need beer money dammit! Rob Anybody's Avatar

Awesome. The prodigy thing was a little predictable though.
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.

ALL BOW BEFORE THE MIGHTY HYPNOTOAD!

Garrus Vakarian Facts

My Fic: Fabricati Diem, Pvnc Help a struggling writer! Read and review! Constructive criticism is much appreciated!

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast