Sometimes Goodbye Is A Second Chance (Ikari PG)

Thread: Sometimes Goodbye Is A Second Chance (Ikari PG)

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Sometimes Goodbye Is A Second Chance (Ikari PG)

Hey guys. this is a new fic that im currently writting. this is my 1st Ikarishipping fic. i will expect some OOC moments here and there. I hope you guys will enjoy reading this fan-fic.

~Battlefreak (Midnight)

Sometimes Goodbye Is A Second Chance

Chapter one

It was one cold winter’s night. The cold sea breeze blew my hair right into my face. I was walking alone on the streets of Hearthome. I was taking another break from contests back then.

Back then, I really hated him. I would sometimes blow my head at him. Once I nearly blew my head off when he forgotten my name. It took Ash and Brock to stop me from getting charged with murder.

But everything changed that night. I saw him on the port of Hearthome. I wanted to see if it was really him. Then he slowly looked over his shoulder. The wind picked up and blew my hair against my face again. I brushed it away and I saw in his eyes was water. His eyes were red. He was looking into my eyes. I didn’t know what to do back then.

He was different. He wasn’t the same. When I normally saw him he wouldn’t care about us or his pokemon but what I saw that night was different. It was a different Paul I was looking at. I look at his again. I could admit that.

That he was crying.

But that was all two year ago. I haven’t seen him since.

*~*~*~*

“Dawn?”
    “What?”
    “Wake up dear.”
    “Mom?” I asked as I opened my eyes.
    “Yes that’s me. Wake up. Don’t you remember what day it is today?” my mother asked me.
    “What day is it today?” I asked.
    “Your going to do the super contests in Johto remember?” my mother reminded me.
    “Oh yeah.” I sweated dropped. “Silly me.”
    “Well get ready and get changed. The boat is going to leave soon.”
    “Thanks mom.” I replied as I threw the sheets off me and my mother left my room.

I took of my Pj’s and threw them somewhere in my room and dressed into a white shirt with a black skirt with a pink jacket with a white collar and white pockets. I brush my long think navy blue hair and clipped on my pink hair clips and put on my beanie. I looked myself and twirled around like as if I had a long dress and my dress would lift itself from the ground. I smiled and walked out of my room.

As I walked out my room I still thought about that night. The night I saw him cry.

Why was he crying?

That statement always stays in my head. It hasn’t left my head. I haven’t been the same since that night. Was that really Paul crying or were my tried eyes lying to me? I shook my head trying to get my head clear.

I shouldn’t be thinking of this. I’m going to Johto. I should have a clear mind. if I think about him for one second in a middle of a contest I could lose it.

Me, Dawn Berlitz, only 18 years old and is one of the greatest coordinators of Sinnoh is now going to compete in the Johto super contests. Soon I started to dream myself in the middle of the contest field. Me bowing down with my Lopunny next to me while flowers and begin thrown at my feet. Then I would have the trophy in my hands with all my friends clapping and calling out my name.

“Dawn, Dawn, Dawn, Dawn, Dawn!” the crowd cheered out my name.
    “Thank you, thank you!” I replied as I did flying kisses to my fans.
    “Dawn?” a familiar voice called out.
    “Huh?” I asked as I realised that I was back into real life.
    “Daydreaming again?” my mother asked me.
    “I just can’t help it mom.” I smiled.
    “I know how you feel.” My mother smiled at me. “I use to do that when I was younger.” My mother said as she handed my lunch and my yellow back pack to me. “When you get to Johto please call me okay?”
    “Sure thing mom!” I said as I raced out the door and as I waved my last goodbye to my mother.

I ran out the door. I felt the wind against my face, it also made my long thick navy blue hair fly. I ran until I reached the port. I saw huge white cruise ships floating on top of the huge blue endless sea as more passengers hoped on with their belongings in their suitcases. I ran to the boat that would bring me to Johto and walked until I reached the ticket person. I showed my ticket and he let me through.

Another reason I was going to Johto was to get more tips on pokemon contests. The person I was looking for was Erika. She was one of the best of the best pokemon coordinators in the world. Well of course my mom is the best or maybe I’m saying that because she is my mom.

While I was thinking to myself again I didn’t realise that I bumped into somebody. I fell onto the wooden floor. I rubbed my head and looked up and couldn’t believe what I saw.

“Troublesome?” He said as he put his hand on his forehead. “I should of know it was you.” He sighed.
    “It’s Dawn. D-A-W-N.” I said, getting annoyed. “It’s not troublesome.” I said as I got myself off the wooden floor. “Anyway what are you doing here?” I asked.
    “None of your business.” Paul replied as he started to walk past me with his arms crossed.

I watched as he walked away from me. I was thinking of the night I saw him crying.

Was it really him?

I tried to convince myself that it wasn’t but I couldn’t help but to say, “It was him!” inside of me. I ignore my thoughts once again and pick my bags off the ground and walked to my room.

When I reached my room I unlocked the door and let myself in. the room has a cream coated walls with a bed with new white bed sheets. On both sides of the bed were two end tables. On one side had a lampshade with a brown stand with a light yellow colour shade. On the other side was a phone to call I guess. I threw my bag on the bed first before laying on the bed on my back. I just stared at the white ceiling.

I thought to myself again and thought why was Paul going to Johto. He has already done the Johto championships. When I got my answer I sat up. I knew why he was here.

“Hi Ash!” I greeted.
    “Hey Dawn.” Ash greeted back.
    “So what makes you call me after all this time?” I asked.
    “Well May told me that you told her that you were going to enter the Johto grand festival.” Ash explained.
    “Yeah that’s true.” I replied, still confused on why Ash had call me.
    “I called because I’m going to compete in the Johto battle frontier.” Ash told me.
    “A battle frontier?” I asked. “What’s that?”
    “A battle frontier are like gym battles but slightly different. There are like a few battle frontier brains and they are located at different places in Johto. My job is to defeat the battle frontier brains and get a symbol at the end.” Ash explained to me.
    “Are theses battle frontiers new?” I asked.
    “Yeah, not much people know about them.” Ash replied. “Well I might see you around.”
    “Yeah.” I said rather confident that Ash and I will meet.

“Paul is going to compete in the Johto battle frontier.” I told myself. “That explains a few things.”

Then I looked outside my window and saw the sea moving. I knew that the boat was starting to make its move towards Johto. I started to get excited. I knew that the first thing I would do was go and find Erika. If I wanted to win the Johto grand festival I need more tips on pokemon contests.
    I got off the bed and walked outside for a breath or air. I saw many people on bench chairs enjoying their time and I saw young children doing pokemon battles with their own pokemon. Then somebody caught my eye. It was Paul. He was at the end of the boat. His arms were leaning against the rails of the boat. He was looking at the endless sea. His light lavender hair blew with the wind. I decided to walk to him since I had nothing to do and had nobody else to talk to.

“Hey.” I greeted.
    “What do you want?” he asked as he shifted his attention to me.
    “I was just wondering why you are going to Johto.” I asked.
    “I’m going to see somebody.” Paul replied as he shifted his attention away from me. “Her name is Erika.”
    “Erika?!” I replied in shock. “Your not going to enter in the Johto battle frontier?”
    “I am.” He replied. “I just need to see her first.”
    “Well since you are going to see Erika I might as well come with you.” I said.
    “You will just get in my way.” Paul replied, still not looking at me. “And what do you have in common with Erika?”
    “I want her to teach me about more on pokemon contests. I’m going to compete in the Johto grand festival.” I replied. “What do you want with Erika?” I added.
    “It’s none of your business.” Paul replied as he got off the rails and walked away from me once again.

I watched him again walk away from my sights. Soon I sighed.

“Why does he always do that?”

End of chapter.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Sometimes Goodbye Is A Second Chance (Ikari PG)

Cool fanfic

Post Thanks / Like

If you see words in Italic im telling the story of when Dawn saw Paul crying in Hearthome two years ago. i bet you guys are wondering why Paul was crying that night. other then that other words that are Italic are either thoughts of Dawn of flashbacks. i hope you readers won't get confuse by that. i just wanted to get that clear. ^^

~Midnight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter two

“Hi mom.” I greeted as I sat on the bed in my room.
    “Oh hello dear.” My mother greeted back. “Are you in Newbark town yet?” She asked.
    “Nearly.” I replied. “the cruise boat driver said that Newbark town is at least five minutes away.”
    “I see.” she replied. “What makes you call then?”
    “Nothing much its just I’m going to see Erika in Goldenrod city.” I said.
    “Well make sure you have a safe trip there okay?” My mother said in a caring way.
    “Sure mom.” I replied. “Well I better go.” I said as I looked outside and saw the boat making a stop.
    “Bye dear.” My mother told me.
    “Bye mom.” I said as I dropped the phone and ran to get my bag off the floor and ran to the door.

I opened the door and when I wasn’t looking I bumped into something again. I looked up and saw Paul looking down at me.

“Again troublesome?” Paul said with his arms crossed still looking down at me.
    “Well I wasn’t the one blocking my way.” I replied, slightly annoyed.
    “And I wasn’t the one who wasn’t looking who was in front of her.” Paul added.
    “What do you want?” I sighed. Feeling beaten by Paul.
    “Don’t you remember what you said yesterday?” He asked. “You wanted to see Erika and so do I.”
    “And?” I asked. Waiting for an answer.
    “You do remember that you suggested that we should go together to find her.” Paul reminded me.
    “Oh yeah.” I sweat dropped.
    “Well hurry up.” He said. “I don’t have time to waste.” Paul replied as he walked out of the room.
    “Meanie.” I mumbled.

*~*~*~*

“So this is Newbark city.” I said as I looked around the small town. “This place is like Twinleaf town.”
    “Done slight seeing?” Paul asked as he was leaning against a trunk of a tree.
    “Why don’t you just enjoy the place?” I asked as I looked over my shoulders. “Just because you have been to Johto before.”
    “What is so good about this place to enjoy about?” Paul replied. “Now lets go or I will leave without you.”
    “Then go.” I said as I turned myself around to face him.
    “Even if I do I will still see you at Erika’s place.” Paul said as he closed his eyes and soon open them again. “There’s no point.”
    “Wait a minute.” I said as I walked closer to Paul. Soon we were face to face “Is this Erika your girlfriend?” I asked.
    “No.” Paul replied as he look into my eyes. “And can you get your face away from mine? Your face isn’t a good thing to look at.”
    “Are you saying that I’m ugly?!” I said as I moved away from him. I felt my blood boil once again.
    “Hmph.” Paul replied as he started to walk ahead of me.
    “Hey!” I yelled. “I want an answer!” I yelled as I tagged behind him. “Come back here Paul!”

[enter]*~*~*~*[/center]

It was Paul. He was crying. But why?

I felt the midnight breeze play with my hair once again. I put my hair behind my ear and brushed the rest away. The full moon was reflecting on the deep blue endless sea. The moon was shining like a pure diamond.

“Paul? Is that really you?” I asked.
    “It’s you.” He replied. “The friend of that pathetic trainer.”
    “Why are you crying?” I asked.
    “I’m not crying.” Paul lied.
    “Liar.” I said.

*~*~*~*

I was on a balcony on the pokecenter in Cherrygrove city. Paul really didn’t want to waste time in Newbark town so I didn’t really see much of the place. My 1st contest here in Johto was at Cherrygrove city. I wonder if Paul would watch or just leave me and head to Violet city without me.

Why did I feel so sad? If he left me then so be it. I don’t need him to be around me. I’m not a little ten year old girl anymore. I crossed my arms at the sight of thinking of him. Then I heard the doors of the pokecenter open. I looked down and saw Paul walk out of the building. He had his hands in his pockets as he walked out. I didn’t really seem to care about him. He acted so mean.

Now I remember why I hated his so much.

I pulled out the ribbon my mother gave to me for good luck. It had a small golden diamond as the center piece and stuck on the bottom to the center piece was two piece of silk orange ribbon. I looked at the golden piece of the ribbon hoping that I could see my reflection but sadly I couldn’t see myself on the ribbon. I sighed. Soon I put my ribbon back into my pocket and walked back into my room.

*~*~*~*

“Finally some sleep.” I yawned.

I already took off my pink and white jacket. I only had my black skirt on with my white bra on with my white socks as well. I walked over to my jacket which was laying flat on the bed. I dug into one of the pockets. Soon I felt nothing was in. I check the other pocket.

The result was the same.

Then I panicked. The ribbon my mother gave me was important to me. It was from my mother and it was my lucky charm. I can’t lost it. I soon looked over for it. I looked in every bag I had. I check all my clothes. While I was looking everywhere for my ribbon I heard a knock on the door. I quickly walked over to the door and opened the door and saw it was Paul. He looked at me and quickly looked away with a blush on his face. I looked at myself and blushed as well.

“Would you mind if you put something on?” Paul asked as he still didn’t look at me. He still had his blush across his face.
    “I will.” I replied as I too had a blush across my face.

I walked over to my bed and put my jacket on top of my and zipped it up.

“You can come in now.” I replied with my back facing him. Still embarrassed from before.
    “There’s no need.” Paul replied. “I just came to give this.”

I turned around and saw Paul holding the ribbon I thought I had lost. My face grew a smile and grabbed the ribbon from his hands. I put the ribbon against my cheek I was happy to have the most important thing back in my hands. Soon I looked at Paul. He wasn’t in front of me anymore. He was heading for his room.

“Paul wait!” I called out.

He looked over his shoulders as I walked over to me. I still had the ribbon in my hands.

“What now?” He asked.
    “I just wanted to say thanks.” I replied as I wrapped my arms around him. Soon I took my arms off him and looked at him. He wasn’t looking at me and he had a red blush across his face.
    “Your…welcome.” Paul added as he still didn’t look directly at me.
    “That’s okay.” I smiled. “Well goodnight!” I waved as walked back to my room.

When I closed the door to my room I put my ribbon back into my ribbon case. I took off my clothes and changed into my Pj’s. I took off the sheets and put myself into bed. I pulled the sheets up towards me a little to cover my shoulders. I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep but I couldn’t. I sat up and looked outside. Its still wasn’t morning. The sky was still dark.

Why couldn’t I still sleep? Then I soon realised something. I quickly got out of bed and walked downstairs. There wasn’t any trainers except nurse joy who was at receptionist who was making sure she had all the trainer’s pokemon on her checklist. I went to one of the computer’s there which was able to have video chat on. I called my mother. Hoping that she was at home.

“Hello?”
    “Hi mom.” I greeted.
    “Dawn?” She asked surprised. “Why are you calling so late?”
    “I couldn’t sleep if I didn’t call you.” I replied.
    “So where are you now?” My mother asked me.
    “At Cherrygrove City.” I replied.
    “Already?” She asked.
    “Well Paul was in a rush. I wanted to see Newbark Town but he had to go and rush a--”
    “Paul?” my mother interrupted. “Dawn Berlitz you better make sure this Paul isn’t your boyfriend.”
    “Paul isn’t my boyfriend mom. He will never will be.” I said, getting annoyed.
    “Sorry dear.” mom apologized. “It’s just that you have never told this Paul person to me until now.”
    “Well mom. Paul is the most annoying, blood boiling, horrible, ugly, mean person ever!” I replied.
    “I see.” Mom giggled. “Well you better go to sleep now.”
    “Yeah your right.” I yawned. “Goodnight mom.”
    “Goodnight dear.” Mom said before I turned the computer off and walked to my room to get some sleep. Ready to make my way to Violent City in the morning.

End of chapter

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have to say this story is good keep writing Battlefreak

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

yup a nice start battlefreak, ill be reading...although I read everyone's fics. :)

Decades have passed, and Kanto is a much different place. Follow Lucas Green as he and his friends search for answers and look to fulfill their destinies.

Post Thanks / Like

Chapter three

It was the next morning when I woke up. I looked around me and saw the sky was still in a light blue pale colour. I changed into my clothes and walked over to the balcony. I felt the fresh morning air against my face. I heard Tailows singing in the early morning. I went back inside and got my bags and walked out. I knew that Paul was somewhere around Cherrygrove City but not exactly where he was.

I walked to a small place in the small town. It had trees growing cherries. I walked to one and picked one. It was sweet and I even licked my fingertips because I loved the taste. I looked around and saw plenty more but I decided maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to eat cherries like that.

When I was walking out I saw a cherry blossom tree. It had light pinks leaves growing on the branches. The branches were spread and nearly every tree had a light pink leaf on it.

It was a beautiful sight. I have never seen a cherry blossom tree that beautiful.

Then I saw the most unlikely person I thought I would never find.

Paul.

Why was he here? But it didn’t really matter right now. I walked towards him. He was looking at the cherry blossom tree. I really didn’t know why. What does cherry blossom trees and Paul have in common?

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Just remembering something.” He replied as he looked at me. “Now lets go. I want to go to Violet city already.” Paul replied as he started to walk ahead of me.

“You are the most impatient person I have ever met.” I called out to him as I chased right behind him.

*~*~*~*

“You can open your eyes now.”

“Wow!” A young five year boy called out in amazement. “It’s really pretty.”

“It is, isn’t it?”

“Yeah.” the young boy nodded. “What is this thing called?” the young boy asked.

“It’s a Cherry blossom tree, Paul.” the young woman replied. “It’s one of the things I love to look at. Not many trees can look as beautiful as this tree.”

“It’s really pretty. Can we keep one?” the young five year old Paul asked.

The young woman just smiled at the young boy. “As much as I want to Paul, it will just be too small for the apartment.” the young woman replied as she offered her hand to Paul. “Now let’s go. It’s going to be late soon.

“Okay.” Paul nodded.

“Oi!” I called. “Wakie Wakie!”

“What?” Paul looked at me.

“It looked like you were thinking hard back then.” I replied. “What goes in your head anyway?” I asked as I looked right into his face.

“Nothing you should care about.” Paul replied as he pushed my face away from his. Making me fall onto the dirt road. “Now let’s go. Stop wasting time.” Paul said as he started to walk as I was still on the dirt road.

“Bully.” I muttered.

*~*~*~*

“Finally!” I yawned as I stretched my arms into the air. “My feet are killing me.”

“You complain too much.” Paul told me without facing me as we still continued to walk to the pokecenter.

“Why are you getting annoyed already?” I teased.

“Just try to keep that mouth of yours shut until we reach the pokecenter.” Paul replied as he shifted his eyes towards mine. “Okay?”

“Fine by me.” I replied as I looked away from him.

Soon Paul and I have reached the pokecenter. I was so glad. I could finally get a room and rest. My feet were really killing me. I didn’t know how much I could take. As we got close to the pokecenter doors the doors slide open for us. We walked both to nurse joy to get a room for the night.

“Let my guess.” Nurse joy started. “You are both staying the night here?”

“Yes we are.” I replied.

“Are you both sleeping in the same room?” Nurse joy asked.

“NO!” Paul and I yelled with blushes on our faces.

“Well that’s settled.” Nurse joy smiled as she handed a room key each to Paul and I. “Your room is number twenty three while yours young man in number twenty four.” nurse joy explained. “I hope that makes things more comfortable for the two of you.”

“Thanks nurse joy.” I replied as I got my bag and ran to my room in hope that I would have a nice soft bed to lay in.

*~*~*~*

It was getting late at Violet City. I really wanted to practice for my 1st Johto contest but I felt really weak and tried out. I was sitting on my bed looking at my ribbon case. It was empty and there where four more spaces to fill in the ribbons I was going to win. Each contest isn’t easy. Even though I’m now one of the best in Sinnoh I still get nervous. There are people looking right at you, waiting on what moves you are going to pull off. I remember the first contest I did in Sinnoh. I still remember how frighten and scared I was. I was worried about what was going to happen. I closed my ribbon case and slipped it back into my bag where I knew I wouldn’t lost it. I pushed my door to my room. I wanted to get some fresh midnight air before I was going to sleep. Then something caught my attention. Paul’s door was open. I walked over to the his door and pushed the slowly so I could have a little peek.

I saw Paul looked into the midnight sky. The glow of the full moon lit up the room. I saw him near his window. He had his left hand on the wall as his eyes where stuck at the sky. I saw his lips move but I couldn’t hear what he was saying. But I did see him sigh sadly. He was about to turn towards my direction but I quickly scurried towards my room and closed the door. I laid my back against the door. I puffing quiet hard. I guess I didn’t want to be found that’s why I was puffing hard. My mind showed me a flashback of Paul. The Paul I saw looking at the sky.

Why was he acting like that? By the way he looked he was either sad of something or thinking really hard.

I wanted to know.

I wanted to help.

*~*~*~*

“What are you doing all alone at this time of the night?” I asked.

“I’m just thinking to myself.” Paul replied as looked away from me.

“Can I help?” I asked. Hoping that I would hear the answer I was looking forward to.

“You can’t. It’s too late for anybody to help me now.”

*~*~*~*

“Ready for this guys?” I asked as I talked to my pokemon who where right in front of me. “Our first contest here in Johto.”

They all nodded. It was a new morning in Violet City. I had past the first round. It wasn’t easy though. There were many great pokemon coordinators but only a few got into the second round. I had Cyndiquil with me. Cyndiquil was the newest pokemon in my group. I got Cyndiquil a few years back in Hoenn. I got him in a trade with other pokemon coordinator. Her parents didn’t have room to look after Cyndiquil so I looked after it. Even though it hasn’t evolved yet I’m sure he will evolved soon. Once he nearly did he just didn’t have the energy too.

I was wearing a red dress with a pink ribbon wrapped around my waist. My hair was pony tailed with a red ribbon holding it into place. I also had black flat shoes on.

“Make sure you do your best out there okay?” I asked. Giving confidence to my pokemon. They all nodded with confidence.

I returned my pokemon into their poke balls except Cyndiquil since he was first up. I had ten minutes until the second round began. I decided to freshen Cyndiquil with a few poffins I left in my dressing room. We both left the back stage and walked to my room. I was surprised to find Paul there. He was leaning on a wall next to the door that lead which was my dressing room . I mean he didn’t like contests. What was he doing here?

“Hey.” Paul greeted.

“Hi.” I greeted in a confused tone of voice. “What are you doing here?”

“Nothing really.” He replied. Paul’s eyes were closed and then he opened them and looked right into my eyes. “That yours?” He asked. I knew he was pointing at Cyndiquil.

“Yeah.” I nodded. “I just got him recently back into my team.”

“You mean you always had him?” Paul asked. “Why didn’t you evolve it then? It would have been more useful in your team and it will have been more stronger.” Paul added.

“We both have different ways of raising our pokemon Paul.” I started. “I know Cyndiquil will evolve. It will just take time. Just like I did with Pilpup.”

“I realised that.” Paul replied as he pushed himself off the wall. “You have the same way of training like that pathetic pokemon trainer of yours.”

“Ash is a great pokemon trainer and friend.” I replied. Defending my friend. “Like I said there are many ways to train and evolve pokemon. Your way is just too harsh. I just don’t know how you pokemon still like you in the way you treat them.” I added.

“Well.” Paul replied as he turned his back on me. “I see.” Paul added as he started to walk to the main room of the contest. Where I signed up for the pokemon contest. “And by the way.” Paul added as he looked over his shoulder. “Good luck out there.” He said before walking out of my sight.

I just stood there with a little blush on my face. It quickly faded away when I heard the second round of the contest was about to begin by the speaker in the corner of the hallway. I looked down to my fire type pokemon. Cyndiquil looked up to me. I knelt down and smiled at him. Then I opened my eyes and said a few words. “Just do your best, that’s all it matters to me Cyndiquil.” I saw a smile grow on his face. Cyndiquil nodded and replied. “Cyndiquil!” I knew that he was going to do his best at my very first contest here in Violet City.

End of chapter.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

pretty good chapter battlefreak. I'd capitalize Joy in Nurse Joy though.

Decades have passed, and Kanto is a much different place. Follow Lucas Green as he and his friends search for answers and look to fulfill their destinies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

cute fic girl! just be sure to proofread it, there are a few grammar mistakes but nothing major! I like it!