MATURE: The Sinnoh League(SuBuWriMo)

Thread: The Sinnoh League(SuBuWriMo)

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Sinnoh League(SuBuWriMo)

This is my SuBuWriMo submission. Enjoy.

"Welcome one and all to the Sinnoh League Chamionships on Lily of the Valley Island!" The announcer blared over the numerous loudspeakers on the island. "I'm sure everyone here is super-psyched about the battles, so let's get things underway! The first round matchups are on-screen now."

On cue, 64 pairs were shown on the Jumbotron. Of these 64, only 3 concerned 3 Trainers in the back for right now. A boy and a girl who looked to be twins, and an older boy with them. The younger boy was Calvin O'Brien. As far as looks go, his sense of style is a bit... unorthodox, for lack of a better word, running to a heavy sky blue sleeveless vest that brought out his sky-blue eyes, a gray long sleeved shirt underneath, blue jeans, and blue shoes with gray trim. His golden brown spiky was uncovered, and swayed in thw soft breeze. He was pretty tall for 15 at 6'1", and he was built somewhat averagely and well-proportioned.

His sister was Camille. Her sense of style was somewhat more acceptable by the popular community. She wore a white long sleeve blouse, a black skirt that stopped at her knees, and black leggings with black ballerina shoes. This contrasted with her golden brown hair, which fell just past her shoulders, and her hazel eyes. She was very well-built by female standards, drawing attention from all males, and even some females.

The older boy was their older brother, Terry. He wore an open black long sleeved jacket, a white shirt under it, and some black jeans with black shoes. It went well with his jet black hair, and his chestnut brown eyes. He was 18, and built like an athlete.

Calvin would be battling a girl about his age, with sunset orange hair, chartreuse eyes, and she wore a T-shirt the same color as her hair, short white shorts, and knee-high socks with orange and white runners. From what he could tell, she seemed to be a late bloomer.

Seems like I'll be battling someone with a temper. Calvin thought.

Camille would be battling a boy who was head-over-heels in love with her. He was rather short, had dark skin, a short faded haircut, and wore a simple blue T-shirt and blue jeans with white shoes.

Jordan Jones... Camille thought, rolling her eyes.

Terry was battling a girl about the twins' age, maybe a little older. She had short black hair that spiked on the sides, and a bang covered her left eye. Her eyes were dark brown, and were contrasted by her white shirt, which went along with a short jean skirt. She seemed to be a late bloomer as well.

A tomboy. Oh, well. Terry thought.

"For our first matchup, we have... Camille O'Brien and Jordan Jones!" The announcer... well, announced.

"So, I'm up first." Camille mused quietly.

"I'll be watching from up in the stands." Terry said, turning to walk away. "Good luck, Cam."

"Thanks, Terry." Camille said, waving as he walked off.

"Camille, don't hold a damn thing back on him." Calvin said.

"Don't count on it. I know he will, because he doesn't like the thought of hurting me." Camille chuckled.

"If he's a real man, and if he doesn't want by boot in his ass, he'll put his feelings aside, and not try to flirt." Calvin said.

"Why must you always threaten him?" Camille asked, shaking her head and smiling.

"Why? Oh, you feel the same way about him, then if you're defending him." Calvin chuckled.

"Screw you." Camille said, glaring.

"You offering?" Calvin said, grinning cheekily.

"You'd love that, wouldn't you?" Camille said, poking Calvin in the nose. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a match to win."

"Good luck." Calvin said, clapping her on the shoulder.

"Thanks." Camille said, returning the gesture and stepping onto the field as Calvin took a spot in the stands nearby. Jordan came out on the other side, grinning arrogantly.

"Well, hello, my love." He said in a sickly sweet tone, looking at Camille as if she were a prized possession. "It seems that fate has dictated that we meet on the field of battle. Fret not, Liefje, for I shall hold back in order to give give you a chance at winning."

"Jordan, pull your head out of your ass, please. Your starting to see things backwards." Camille replied coolly, drawing a Poké Ball.

"As you wish, love." Jordan said, pulling his own Poké Ball.

"The first round battle between Jordan Jones and Camille O'Brien is about to begin." The referee announced. "Each side may use three Pokémon, and the battle is over when all three of one sides Pokémon are unable to battle. Both sides may substitute freely. Trainers may begin when ready."

"Come forth!/Battle stations!" Jordan and Camille shouted, throwing their Poké Balls.
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Default Re: The Sinnoh League(SuBuWriMo)

Great start. Need I say more?
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Blog Entries

On Camille's side, Roselia emerged in a shower of petals, twirling elegantly. From a cloud of purple fog on Jordan's side, a Drapion emerged, towering over Roselia.

"Figures he'd have a Pokemon to match his ego." Camille muttered. "And Roselia's at an extreme disadvantage. Whatever. Roselia, return!" She held up Roselia's Poké Ball, preparing to recall her.

"Drapion, Pursuit!" Jordan called hurriedly. Drapion moved faster than a Pokemon of its mass should be able to, and struck a blow with a glowing black claw. Roselia was sent sliding across the ground before finally returning to her Poké Ball.

"Darn. Oh, well. Medicham, battle stations!" Camille threw another Poké Ball, and from it came her Medicham. "Medicham, Ice Punch!" Medicham rushed forward, then jumped at Drapion's head, throwing an icy fist forward.

"Drapion, Pin Missile!" Jordan commanded. Drapion's claws started glowing, and it shot multiple rays of light, hitting Medicham directly and knocking it back to its starting point.

"Darn. Use Bullet Punch!" Camille said. Medicham got up, and moved forward faster than before, connecting a heavy glowing fist to Drapion's head.

"Very good, my dear. Drapion, use Payback." Jordan said coolly. Drapion struck with a glowing black claw as Medicham was backing off.

"Detect!" Camille yelled quickly. Medicham's eyes glowed blue, and, from Medicham's viewpoint, it bent backwards, and the claw flew past its face in slow motion, and a heartbeat could be heard.

"Darn! Drapion, Shadow Ball!" Jordan cursed. Drapion charged up a ball of dark energy, and fired it at Medicham.

"Light Screen!" Camille said. Medicham put off a yellow barrier around itself. The Shadow Ball hit the barrier, and Medicham only took a bit of damage from the super-effective attack. "Alright, now use Mind Reader!" Medicham glowed blue, and focused on Drapion.

"Hyper Beam, go!" Jordan ordered. Drapion charged up a ball of orange energy, then fired it in a concentrated beam.

"Medicham, dodge that, then use DynamicPunch!" Camille ordered. Medicham jumped to the side, then charged forward at the now vulnerable Drapion, both fists glowing. It slammed the fists down hard on Drapion's head, right between its eyes, then jumped back. "Now, Hi Jump Kick!" Medicham jumped up, and slammed its knee into Drapion's chin, knocking it over backwards.

"Drapion, use X-scissor!" Jordan shouted in a panic. Drapion got up, crossed its arms, and fired off an X-shaped pressure wave at Medicham.

"Focus Blast!" Camille ordered. The Light Screen muffled the damaged from the X-scissor, then Medicham charged a ball of blue energy, throwing it.

"It's over." Jordan muttered. "Wait. Drapion, use Toxic Spikes!" Drapion fired purplie missiles, into the air as the Focus last hit it square in the face, knocking it over. It didn't get back up. The missiles hit the ground on Medicham's side, and sunk into the ground.

"Drapion is unable to battle! Medicham is the winner!" The referee announced, raising a flag in Camille's direction. At the same time, Drapion's picture on the Jumbotron faded to black.

"Excellent work, Medicham." Camille cheered. Medicham struck a martial arts pose at Jordan, waving a hand in a 'bring it' motion.

"Return, Drapion. You battled well." Jordan said, recalling Drapion. "Drifblim, come forth!" He threw a new Poké Ball, and released a Drifblim.
    Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Calvin; 6th June 2011 at 12:01 AM.

In pain and Insane. British Joe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What's "Ming Reader"? xD
    I claim Unown J. Fear teh J.

Blog Entries

Pfft. That's what happens when you're typing at 50wpm without looking.

Blog Entries

"Drifblim, huh? Medicham's at a disadvantage." Camille muttered. "No matter. Medicham, Ice Punch!" Medicham jumped up, threw an icy fist at Drifblim.

"Will-O-Wisp." Jordan calmly ordered. Drifblim created a ball of blue fire, and threw it.

"Magic Coat, hurry!" Camille shouted. Medicham cancelled the Ice Punch, and raised a pink barrier. The Will-O-Wisp hit the barrier, and disappeared. Suddenly, Drifblim was burned.

"My dear, foolish Camille. You just activated Drifblim's Flare Boost ability. When Drifblim is burned, its Special Attack power is increased." Jordan chuckled. "I'm afraid it's over. Drifblim, use Shadow Ball!" Driflblim charged and fired a ball of dark energy, and fired it.

"Use Psychic to send it back!" Camille quickly ordered. Medicham glowed blue, as did the Shadow Ball, which slowed to a stop and went back towards Drifblim, scoring a direct hit.

"Hypnosis!" Jordan commanded. Drifblim's 'X' patch glowed blue, and it projected a silhouette at Medicham.

"Magic Coat!" Camille yelled, but it was too late. Medicham was put to sleep.

"Now, use Hex!" Jordan exclaimed triumphantly. Drifblim projected an eye shape above it, which released odd energy waves. Medicham was mercilessly assaulted by the waves, and was rendered unconscious in its sleep.

"Medicham is unable to battle! Drifblim is the winner!" The referee announced.

"Wow. It's gotten stronger." Calvin murmured.

"Thanks for a good job, Medicham." Camille said quietly as she recalled Medicham. "Emolga, your turn!" She threw another Poké Ball. Emolga appeared, floating on an updraft.

"That's more like it. Now, let's see if she can pull this off." Calvin said.

Blog Entries

I like this. I like the dynamic between Calvin and Camille especially. Great description and dialog as well :) Good luck with the SuBuWriMo!