EVERYONE: Shinx's Story - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shinx's Story

Blog Entries

Default Re: Shinx's Story

Finally done some more, everyone!

Chapter 6

Shinx’s first question was, obviously, what was Lucas doing there? Her only answer was one that she didn’t want to believe, that Lucas worked for Team Galactic.
    Then she realised happily, that that answer couldn’t be true, or Lucas would have just handed her over as soon as he’d caught her. And she couldn’t think of an alternative answer, apart from he was here to rescue her, but that was unlikely, because a human would never come all the way here just to rescue a Pokémon, and anyway, Lucas didn’t have any way to know she was here in the first place.
    Shinx was annoyed that she wasn’t able to work out the answer to her question. That technique had never failed before, thinking of all the possible answers the picking the most likely one. But, in these last few confusing days, it had failed almost every time.
    The human that was carrying her stumbled, banging his arm against her head.
    “Ow!” Shinx shouted in surprise, realising she hadn’t even noticed the human was running. But she was learning to think quickly, and before the human could get a firm grip on her again, Shinx jumped out of his arms, and ran to Lucas. She vaguely realised that she wouldn’t have done that when Lucas had first caught her, she would have tried to get away from both humans, but now, being protected by one human that she could just about trust, and only being wanted by one human that she couldn’t, seemed like a safer option.
    “Shinx! I’m so glad you’re okay! But why are you so wet? Oh, never mind, just get inside my bag. I came here to rescue you, but if I can stop one of Team Galactic’s plans at the same time, that would be great!” Lucas said, as he picked Shinx up and stuffed her inside his bag, zipping it up partially so she didn’t fall out. Then Lucas set off at a run in pursuit of the guards, who’d run as soon as Shinx escaped.
    It was only a few minutes before Lucas caught up with the guards, who were quickly defeated by Torterra. Then they were off again, this time to find the Commander of the base, the one Shinx called the horrible human.

“So, Shinx, we’re here.” Lucas said as he stopped in front of a large wooden door that had a piece of paper with some squiggles on stuck on it.
    “How do you know this is it?” Shinx asked, hoping Lucas would be able to understand her general meaning. This humans not being able to understand Pokémon thing was annoying! But, even though she hated herself slightly for thinking it, she thought Lucas would be able to understand her meaning, and explain.
    “Don’t worry, I’m a bit scared too. It’ll be safer in your Poké Ball, but I’m not going to force you to go in it if you don’t want to.”
    So much for that theory. Lucas was getting out the Poké Ball that had first caught Shinx, and holding it out, ready to trap Shinx inside.
    But Shinx was getting used to being in scary situations. Before she was captured, she would have just screamed her head off, but now she thought about how to persuade Lucas that he hadn’t understood her, and she didn’t want to go in her Poké Ball. She couldn’t shout, because it wasn’t just Lucas pointing a Poké Ball at her that was her scary situation at the moment. There was also a human that wanted to kill Shinx behind that wooden door, and if she shouted, she would alert them. Her best hope was to shake her head at Lucas, and if he did fire that beam of red light, try to dodge.
    And she’d worked all that out in about a second. She’d come so far.

It seemed to work. Lucas lowered the Poké Ball, smiling reassuringly at Shinx.
    “Don’t worry, I won’t make you go in there if you really don’t want to,” he whispered. “And well done for sorting that out quietly!”
    Shinx beamed, glad she’d done one small thing to please Lucas after mistrusting him when they first met. But that smile didn’t last for long, as she remembered about what was behind that large door she was next to.
    But she didn’t have long to anticipate what was going to happen next, as Lucas had reached out to the golden doorknob as soon as he’d put the Poké Ball away. He turned the knob, making the door swing open silently.
    The Commander was sitting at her desk, fiddling around with what looked like a straight, coloured stick. Humans being confusing again, Shinx thought. Would she ever get used to all the weird stuff they did?
    Lucas seemed to be staring at something on the horrible human’s desk. He was reaching towards it, sneaking up on the human who still hadn’t noticed him. In one quick movement, Lucas reached over the Commander’s shoulder and snatched up the thin black object he’d been looking at, jolting Shinx around in his bag in the process.
    “Ow!” Shinx protested. For a couple of seconds she was angry with herself for not being quiet, but she didn’t need to be any more. As soon as Lucas’s hand had shot over her shoulder, she’d turned round to them, narrowing her eyes and staring at them. Her hand was going to her belt and her Poké Balls, but Lucas was already pressing the button on Gengar’s.
    Gengar emerged in a flash of red light, followed a few seconds later by Jupiter’s Bronzong. Gengar got in the first attack, a Dark Pulse, but Bronzong dodged it easily, and returned the fire with its own Gyro Ball. Gengar disappeared, avoiding the attack and materialising behind Bronzong, wasting no time in attacking with a Shadow Ball.
    It looked like the Shadow Ball was going to hit Bronzong full-on, but at the last moment it dodged. But it was just a second too late; the Shadow Ball caught Bronzong on its tail, and it crashed to the ground, sending dust and bits of office floor flying in all directions.
    “Well done, Gengar!” Lucas yelled, even though it was impossible to see if Bronzong had fainted until the debris had settled, and even if it was, it was nowhere near the end of the battle.
    Shinx was going to shout encouragement too, but before she could, a Shadow Ball shot out of the dust cloud surrounding the fallen Pokémon. Lucas had realised his celebrations might have been premature, but he hadn’t expected Bronzong to recover and attack that quickly. Actually, he thought, could Bronzong even use that move?
    The Commander had told her Pokémon to make it look like it hadn’t had time to react to the move, but actually hit it back to Gengar with more force than there was to start with. It was a risky strategy, because it would hurt Bronzong quite a bit, but this time it worked. Gengar and Lucas just hadn’t seen it coming, and he was hit right in the stomach, crashing to the ground.
    When the dust cleared from around the two Pokémon, they saw that Gengar had fainted, while Bronzong, although it was looking very weak, could still battle.
    Looking over at Lucas’s face, Shinx could see he was annoyed, and slightly worried. If Jupiter kept tricking him like that, then how was he ever going to win? Of course, he wouldn’t fall for the same trick twice, but who knew what else the Commander had up her sleeve?

As it turned out, Commander Jupiter didn’t try and trick Lucas again, but she was still a ferocious battler, and they battled until they each only had one Pokémon left, Lucas’s Torterra and Jupiter’s Skuntank, the Pokémon that had lured Shinx to Team Galactic’s base in the first place.
    Shinx glared at Skuntank, wishing that she could influence the outcome of the battle just with a look. Lucas had to win this, and not just to bring down Team Galactic and keep whatever the black object was, but for revenge on Skuntank.
    Maybe her stare was working and maybe it wasn’t, because both Pokémon looked completely worn out, and like one hit would decide the battle.
    “Torterra, Leaf Storm!” Lucas yelled.
    “Skuntank, Flamethrower!” Jupiter shouted at the same time.
    The two attacks collided in mid-air, hurtling back towards their creators. There were loud bangs from both sides of the arena, and dust obscured the two Pokémon.
    It was so annoying the way those dust clouds came up and stopped everyone from seeing the Pokémon, Shinx thought. It meant no-one could see the outcome of the battle until they cleared!
    The dust did slowly start to clear, finally revealing the Pokémon’s eyes. Skuntank was fine, although it looked like he wouldn’t be able to stand for much longer, let alone attack. But that didn’t matter, because Torterra’s eyes had been replaced by the spirals that meant the Pokémon had fainted and the battle had been lost. Lucas and Shinx looked at the fallen Pokémon in despair.
    “Torterra, return,” Lucas said sadly, but instead of returning her Pokémon the horrible human just stood there looking smug.
    “Ha! I finally beat you! Team Galactic will create our new world, and no-one can stop us! Especially not some little kid! Now hand over the cage controls!” she demanded.
    “No,” Lucas said, putting the black rectangle, or cage opener, in his pocket.
    What?” the Commander spluttered. “But you have to give me anything I want! I won the battle!”
    “No you didn’t, Jupiter. Because I’ve still got one Pokémon left!”
    “How can you?” Jupiter asked, worried. “You’ve used 5 Pokémon, and the 6th member of your party is that weak little Shinx!” But as she said that, she seemed to realise something. “Oh… No way!”
    What had the horrible human realised? Shinx wondered. Did it have something to do with her?
    “Yes way, Commander!” Lucas said cheerfully. “Shinx…” He paused, and Shinx looked at him, astonished. Surely he couldn’t mean-
    “I choose you!”

arg these cliff hangers!

Any new posts soon? The chapters are really good btw

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lalalala View Post
    Any new posts soon? The chapters are really good btw
    Thanks!
    And I actually haven't written any for ages, but I'll try and do some soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12