TEEN: Seasons, Book 1: Autumn - Page 15

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Seasons, Book 1: Autumn

Blog Entries

Default Re: Seasons, Book 1: Autumn

Ah finally an explanation to what being a pokemon master is. Really good chapter and I'm curious to see the extent of the order and if there will be any familiar characters 'cough'steven'cough but I really like the idea of Arceus choosing people to control pokemon and such. Samia is also becoming more and more intriguing as his character develops with his apparent confidence even in the face of such unknowns as this. Realy good and cant wait for the next part.
    Read my fanfic Tales of the Gym leader's and comment if you like or dislike it thanks

A massive thanks to Kyuujux for the amazing banner

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Nice. This keeps getting better and better.The world you've made and the story you've started are incredibly interesting. I really like how his years of champion-hood have changed him. Excellent cliffhanger ending at the end by the way. I wonder if any more canon characters will make appearances. I'm kind of hoping some of the Masters are people we know and are familiar with. Can't wait for more!!!

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

AGH! WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?! You have desribed a beautiful version of the pokemon world sir. And the plot is becoming jucier.

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Wow.

I've finally caught up with this fic and I think it's fantastic. You're an amazing writer, SCND.

Really looking forward to the next chapter of this! I hope the storyline doesn't become too mythology based but I do like the mythology side of it so far. This whole 'Pokemon Master' thing is really interesting. I'm assuming then that Pokemon Masters are people with Samia's power?

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome chapter, I really want to know what happens!
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Wow, Samia's a Pokemon Master, or at least considered so by The Order. Nothing really strike me as odd about this chapter, except for one part during Scorali's speech where you didn't put the beginning quote and it combined itself with the paragraph.

Blog Entries

I am fascinated by this story, yet another brilliant chapter, (samia reminds me of N a little)

cant wait for more :)
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Arthur Conan Doyle

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Rainbow_Starworld/index.php?act=idx

Fanfic Writer some colour no doubt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Right readers, sorry for the delay, but I ask you to be a little bit more patient (use your time, check out the other great fics here in the workshop) but i've got essay deadlines to keep to, so the next chapter will be late next week, possibly thurs-fri but i'm not 100%

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I was told to come here because of the Awards, and here I am!

Before I begin, I'd just like to say that this is one of the fics that didn't grab my attention at first, but when somebody directed me to read it, really did catch my eye.

Plot: 9/20

Well, we really haven't seen that much plot yet, most of it has been backstory. The real plot has just started, so there isn't much to look at here.

What you do have, however, doesn't seem too promising... some ancient organization, tracking the "Pokémon Masters" through time... yeah, I think there's been something of this calibre before. Perhaps not as well written as yours, but still done the same way.

Characterization: 17/20

Of course, the reader quickly realizes that the plot isn't the important thing, at least in the first few chapters. It's all about the characters, and a description, both narratively and figuratively, of Samia, which you portray extraordinarily well.

And perhaps Alanah, but she seems more like an accessory.

Grammar, style, and flow: 7/10

Uh-oh, there were spelling errors! (As Flygon 101 pointed out, anyway.)

But besides those, the story flowed pretty nicely. The one thing that would have given you a big bonus would have been to make the actual Pokémon battles interesting enough for me to stick with it the whole time through with three chapters (which hasn't really happened with anybody yet, so you don't need to feel disappointed).

Overall rating: 73/100

Before the plot picks up, I can't say too much about it. Still pretty good, though.
    Last edited by Zekurom; 18th March 2011 at 10:27 AM.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

I like this last chapter, the story is really starting to developp. Mostly historical exposition, but I liked the way Samia acted in it.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Finally got around to reading chapters eight and nine.

Chapter eight was uneventful just like Samia's trip to Hoenn, it was basically him thinking about his granddad and his gift. Not that I didn't like the chapter, there were some awesome descriptions. I especially liked the bit when he connected with Flygon. I wonder how it feels to connect with other Pokémon?

As for chapter nine - really awesome. It was much more interesting for me as we learn more about the plot, but what do Pokémon Masters have to do with the Order? And what's with the pictures at the end of the chapter?

Anyway, I enjoyed the ninth chapter a lot more than the eight none. Keep it up!

Blog Entries

To everyone who voted for Seasons in the awards, I thank you all. It means a lot that other people enjoy my writing and story as well, so thank you. But the pressures on now for me to keep my writing standard up! :p

On that note, the next chapter is complete (finally), so it needs to be beta read but you should be able to expect by hopefully the end of the week!

Blog Entries

Chapter 10
    Pokémon Master?

Samia stood, dumbstruck. For once, he was lost for words as his picture seemed to glare back at him. The picture itself was one he had seen hundreds of time, of him standing next to Absol hoisting the Grand League Cup in celebration of his victory, all those years ago.

Gulping, Samia glanced back down the corridor, down which he could just see Scolari, sitting back behind his desk, seemingly reading over paperwork. The old man had brought him here, but why? Because he thought Samia was a “Pokémon Master”? There must have been another reason. Steeling himself, Samia walked back down the corridor.

As he re-entered the room, Scolari remained sitting, not acknowledging Samia's presence. Samia was too concerned to be angry, so he simply walked around the metal table and retook his seat.

“So.” Samia said.

“So.” replied Scolari, a grin spread across his features. “Did you like what you found?”

Samia frowned. Like wasn't the word he would have used. “What I found is irrelevant to me. The real question is, why have you brought me here?”

Scolari's grin faltered slightly. “Ah, I was hoping we wouldn't have to come to that just yet.”

“Well, sorry to break this to you, but we have.”

Scolari stood up and began pacing back and forth, his white robes smoothly melding with the movement of his legs. His arms were locked behind his back, his eyes looking down at the floor. Again, Samia found himself getting impatient, so took a different tact.

“Well, if you’re not going to answer that, answer me this, what makes you think I'm a Pokémon Master?”

Scolari stopped dead in his tracks, and turned to face Samia. “Oh, don't play dumb with me Samia. I know what you can do, and I know there are others like you, even if you don't. Even you must have realized that you weren't exactly normal, that you were something. . . more.”

Samia frowned, unwillingly agreeing with Scolari. He had to admit, he always knew he was different; from the first moment his grandfather was teaching him to use his gift, he knew he was something special. Whether he was a '”Pokémon Master,” however, was an altogether different question.

Scolari evidently saw this look. “You are a Pokémon Master, Samia, whether you wish to admit it or not. And you. . . and your kind. . . are the solution to the world’s problem. Together, you can save humanity.”

“What?” Samia asked, shocked. What was he talking about now? “What do you mean by that?”

Scolari began to look nervous again, a look that didn't suit the old man’s features. He bit his lip and began playing with his hands. Looking at Samia, he took a deep breath and sat back down.

“For several years now, the order has been keeping a closer look over humanity. And I’m afraid what we’ve found is anything but good. Over the last one hundred years, humanity has begun to trifle with forces that should not be interfered with. The whole world is feeling these affects, and unless it is changed, it will tear itself apart.”

Samia blinked. What was he going on about? Over the last one hundred years, humanity had, if anything, been more prosperous than ever before!

Looking up, Scolari chuckled at Samia’s incredulous expression. “You disagree?”

“Well. . . yes.” Samia replied. “In the time you have just laid out, mankind has benefited from unprecedented progress. Technology is up, poverty is down, our cities boom, and the people are happy. If anything, the world is better than ever!”

Scolari just chuckled again. “I think you've spent a bit too much time cooped up in the league, Samia. You have very idealistic views. Human expansion is not helping the world, it’s damaging it. That is not our main concern, however, as humankind has never been big on the environmental side. Yet this time is different. Before, just a small section of forest or swamp would disappear, but now, whole areas are being claimed for humankind, and Pokémon are being forced out from their natural habitats.”

“You’re saying that we need to step in for the sake of Pokémon?” Samia asked slowly.

“Not quite, though that is part of the problem,” Scolari replied. “You see, whether you are religious or not, you must know or believe that humans are here as caretakers, to take care of Pokémon and the planet. Lately, we have forgotten our role, and before long, I feel that Pokémon may remind us of it. Forcibly.”

Samia simply sat, motionless. Even if this was true, Pokémon could never be a serious threat to civilization, could they? Unbidden, his thoughts returned to the carnage he had seen inflicted by Pokémon in the wrong hands, buildings destroyed, villages ruined. Even cities had been known to suffer at the hands of extremely powerful Pokémon.

“You seem to have forgotten one thing.” Samia replied to Scolari. “Across the globe, powerful Pokémon trainers stand, in almost every town and city. Even if Pokémon did try to strike, I don't think they would be able to succeed.”

“Exactly.” Scolari answered, shocking Samia. “Which is what we're worried about. If Pokémon attacked, the backlash would be so catastrophic that much more powerful Pokémon would get involved. Pokémon that humankind cannot contend with.”

“You’re talking about. . . legendary Pokémon?”

“Yes. Think, how many incidents have there been, just over the last ten years, that have involved legendary Pokémon? In Hoenn, Teams Magma and Aqua sought to exploit them for their own means. In Sinnoh, Team Galactic, under the instruction of one madman, could have destroyed the entire region, if not more, by their actions. These Pokémon will only take so much.”

Samia gulped. Whilst he may not have been fully convinced by Scolari's argument, it was certainly ringing some home truths. Truths that could bring about massive consequences.

“How does this involve me?” Samia asked, looking down at the floor.

“Well, over the last one hundred years, we have tried many methods of correcting humankind. Of subtlety putting them back on the right path. But all have failed. So, we have come to our final solution. The Order of Arcei, as once foretold, must leave the shadows and take control. Put humanity back on the right track, not matter what the cost.”

“You still didn't answer my question” Samia asked, looking up at the old man.

“Well. . . without the Pokémon masters, the Order has no true power.” Scolari began to reply. “Our original scrolls say that the world will unite behind them or fall into darkness when the time comes. There are four Pokémon Masters that need to be found, who can trace almost a direct bloodline to the very beginning of the masters. And you, Samia, you are the first.”

Samia rubbed his eyes. This was too much. “I need to step outside,” he said, and without waiting for Scolari's reply, Samia was already leaving the room.

As he got outside, he released Absol onto the small beach. Samia's Pokémon looked around, taking in its new location. Proceeding to the beach, Samia sat down on the smooth white sand, looking out to sea. Could Scolari be speaking the truth?

Absol lay next to Samia, the sand getting stuck in her fur. Samia placed his hand on Absol, the thick fur pleasant to the touch. As the pair basked in the tropical sun, Samia couldn't help but think of what Scolari said: “. . . You must have realized that you weren't exactly normal, that you were something. . . more”.

Samia was skeptical by nature. He couldn't help it. It kept him sane whilst being stuck in the league. But here, he was beginning to see the truth of Scolari's words. Whilst he may not believe in the whole “Pokémon Master” packet, he had always known that he was not normal. Was this his purpose? He had never really questioned why or how he had his gift, he never thought he was destined for something.

Behind him, Samia heard the crunch of boots upon the crisp sand, yet he paid them no heed. The footsteps got closer, and Scolari sat next to Samia on the sand, his robes enveloped around him.

“I'm sorry, Samia,” he said. “I didn't mean to overload you with all that information at once.”

Samia lay back on the sand. “It's okay, but it was a bit much.”

“Your grandfather thought as much,” Scolari replied, and leaning forward Samia could see the old man looking out to sea as well, entranced by the calmness. “He tried desperately to help the human race, but everything he tried seemed doomed to failure. When you were born and your parents disappeared, you became his life.”

“Did you know him well, then?”

Turning around, Scolari seemed to look sad. “He was my closest friend here, though he was a few years my senior. I grieved greatly when I learned of his death, so I decided that no matter the cost, I would complete his goal, and save the human race from themselves.”

Samia blinked, and then slowly said “Okay, I'm in.”

“Huh?” Scolari asked, who seemed to have been in deep thought.

Pushing himself back up to a sitting position, Samia looked straight into Scolari's yellow eyes. “I’ll help you.”

Joy spread across Scolari's features, and he pulled Samia into a deep embrace. Yet as they separated, he looked serious.

“This will not be easy, Samia. You are not yet ready.”

“What do you mean?”

Scolari stood up, as did Samia. “Before you find the other Masters, you need to be trained. You will be enrolled in the order training program, along with our other initiates. It is a difficult path, but a fulfilling one. Afterwards, you will be stronger than ever before, in body and mind. Tomorrow morning you will begin; come and see me bright and early and we will sort out the details.”

With that Scolari turned and re-entered the bunker, leaving Samia alone with his Pokémon. Sitting back down, Samia looked out, the sapphire sea stretched as far as the eye could see, the sky clear, except to the far North, where dark clouds gathered.

“Look Absol,” Samia spoke. “A storm's brewing, but is it heading this way?”

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I loved this chapter, not sure exactly why, but it must be because we're learning more of the plot with each chapter as the story progresses. I find the idea of Pokémon turning against humans fascinating, especially the legendary ones and if they're as strong as you say, even the Pokémon Masters would have tough time against them.

That being said, I was shocked how quickly Samia accepted his offer. One would think he would think deeper about this whole issue, but it seems to me like he only did it because of his grandfather. :/

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Ahh this is going to be amazing. Only now do I realize just how little you've gotten in to the big plot. Four Pokemon Masters? I'm assuming Alanah is going to be one... but I'm excited at the prospect of some new characters being introduced, especially if they're as awesome as Samia. More more more!

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast