TEEN: Seasons, Book 1: Autumn - Page 10

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Seasons, Book 1: Autumn

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Seasons, Book 1: Autumn

Oh my. Alanah is out for blood. That Thunder/Frenzy Plant attack was just brutal...That may be one of the greatest things I've ever read. That may be my favorite part of this whole story so far.

Blog Entries

yet another superb chapter. it is keeping kat and I going through our gcses :D
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Arthur Conan Doyle

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Rainbow_Starworld/index.php?act=idx

Fanfic Writer some colour no doubt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chapter 6
    End of an Era

Meganium took a few tentative steps backwards in response to the ferocious roar, clearly nervous. It was heavily weakened from its battle with Milotic, the Ice Beam having dealt serious damage. Behind it, Samia saw Alanah bite her lip nervously. If she truly had the gift; or as she would call it, the curse, she would feel the raw power being emitted by Garchomp.

Cynthia's Pokémon raised itself onto its hind legs and lowered its shark-like face at its Grass-type foe. Again it roared ferociously and Meganium backed up a few more steps, clearly fearful.

Alanah's Pokémon panted slightly showing signs of its exhaustion, but Alanah paid no heed. She slammed her right foot down in determination and called out her order. Meganium gathered its remaining strength, summoning up a ball of pure white energy for a Hyper Beam.

Garchomp simply gripped its claws into the dirt and raised its two scythe like arm fins, crossing them in front of its face. Clearly, it intended to show its strength by not even dodging.

Both trainers stood motionless. Time seemed to slow, from Meganium the Hyper Beam seemed to crawl towards Garchomp. Inch by inch, the whole crowds heads moved in unison, following the beam. It smashed into contact with Garchomp's defences and the dragon-type bared its teeth; with a swift movement, it flung its arms up into the air, sending the Hyper Beam hurtling into the sky.

Before Alanah could even react to this new tactic, Garchomp had leapt forward, propelling itself with its powerful legs. It hurtled the whole distance toward Meganium, who could do nothing as it tried to desperately regather its strength from the Hyper Beam.

With an audible thud that echoed around the arena, Garchomp landed on Meganium, crushing it to the floor. Before Alanah's Pokémon could react, Garchomp lashed out with its powerful claws. It was brutal to watch, Meganium could do nothing as Cynthia's renowned battler laid into it. The onslaught barely lasted ten seconds, yet it seemed to last a lifetime. The blood curdling painful shrieks of Meganium were harrowing, Cynthia evidently gaining revenge for her Milotic.

When it stopped, Garchomp leapt backwards to where it initially initially, a savage look on its face, its forearms stained with the blood of Meganium. Cynthia smiled, and the crowd was quiet, other than a few murmurs and hushed whispers, probably about how brutal this battle had become.

Meanwhile, Alanah had recalled her Meganium, and before returning its Pokéball to her belt, she looked at it for a second with a concerned look. The concern appeared to be short-lived, however, as she promptly pulled out her next Pokéball and brought forth her fifth Pokémon.

Alanah's new Pokémon stood tall, though not quite as high as Cynthia's Garchomp. Along its back, thick blue armored plates quivered, thick defenses that covered its whole body. Twin eyes snapped open, eyes that protruded from the side of its head. It clicked together a pair of blue-black claws whilst behind it, a thick tail smashed the ground.

Samia blinked as he tried to recall what the Pokémon was Alanah had summoned. The last time he had wore a Pokédex he hadn't even been a teenager, so occasionally his knowledge on Pokémon was a little rusty. With a flash he remembered. Armaldo. No wonder he hadn't recognized it, it was a damn fossil Pokémon, the rarest of the rare.

Both Pokémon began circling around the edge of the arena, each eyeing its opponent. Garchomp roared across the field, but Armaldo didn't respond. Both trainers simultaneously called out their orders, and the two Pokémon leapt into action.

Smashing its left foot into the ground, Armaldo kicked up a circle of rocks which rotated around it. Opposite it, Garchomp surrounded itself in a bright blue light and flew toward its foe. The Dragon Rush attack oozed power, and as it passed over the field, a colossal boom echoed out across the arena, showing that Garchomp had broken the sound barrier. Before Armaldo could even cast its own attack, it was sent sprawling from the massive impact, the swirl of rocks fallen all around it.

Armaldo landed on its back, and Garchomp flew back to in front of Cynthia. Slowly, Armaldo raised itself to its feet and snatched up one of the rocks that had fallen to the floor. With an unexpected burst of speed, Alanah's Pokémon threw the rock at Garchomp, where it hit with a sickening crunch upon the dragon-type's chest. Garchomp roared out in pain, yet before it could counter attack, Armaldo began pelting it with rock after rock which Cynthia's Pokémon had trouble dodging.

Before any serious damage could be caused, Cynthia called out an order to Garchomp. Instantly, it leapt high into the air, rotating until its head was pointing straight at the ground. Its momentum slowed, and for a second it seemed to hang static in mid-air, though only for a second. It plummeted toward the floor, dodging the rocks being thrown by Armaldo, and landed with a huge impact which threw up a veil of dust and dirt, hiding it from view.

Across the field, Armaldo stopped throwing rocks as it could no longer see its target. It tentatively stepped toward where Garchomp had disappeared, only to find a gaping pitch black hole. Armaldo quickly realized what had happened, and it began scanning the arena floor, looking for any sign of disturbance to where Cynthia's Pokémon had dug to.

Unfortunately for Armaldo, a hole opened up underneath it, and the ancient Pokémon looked shocked as it was dragged underground. For minutes, the arena was empty, only the odd occasional thud as the two Pokémon continued their duel underground. Looking over at Alanah, Samia saw that she did not attempt to connect with her Pokémon. She either thought her Pokémon would be able to handle itself or believed that the ability was indeed a curse.

It dragged on and on. A roar was heard, and the crowd looked on intently, but still the Pokémon did not surface. People began to boo and shout, this was not what they had come to see. Seemingly in response to these calls, the middle of the arena began to shift. The dirt swirled round and round like a whirlpool, and from the centre rose Garchomp, standing tall with few cuts on its bulky frame. Behind it, it dragged Armaldo. Alanah's Pokémon had not coped well in the subterranean fight, its rocky armor was cracked, blood flooding profusely out of open wounds on its stomach and legs. Garchomp dragged the Pokémon over to its trainer and unceremoniously dumped it in front of her.

Alanah recalled Armaldo, and slowly took out her last Pokéball. Samia wondered, had she, like Cynthia, saved her best for last? If she hadn't, she would have come all this way for nothing. Slowly, she raised her right arm, lifting the Pokéball to head height. Without releasing it, the ball split open, unleashing the Pokémon inside.

The light took form, hovering a few inches of the ground but keeping its snow white color. The new arrival turned its raindrop shaped head around, surveying the now wrecked arena it had been summoned to. Moving its long arms up to a battling pose, it showed off its elegant dress like body, highlighted with a red band. Behind its ice mask, yellow eyes found Garchomp.

Samia was certainly surprised. Frosslass were quite rare to say the least, and with its powerful ice moves, Garchomp would have its work cut out. Garchomp again roared a challenge to the new arrival, but Frosslass remained where it hovered, its only movement to raise its hand up to its purple mouth. It appeared to be yawning.

Garchomp leapt forward without Cynthia's order, enraged at its foe's apparent insolence. Cynthia tried to stop her Pokémon, but it was not going to be reasoned with. Its feet plowed into the floor, its claws leaving deep gouges as it tore towards Frosslass. The huge talons on its forearms began to glow with a bright green light in preparation for a Dragon Claw attack.

At the last second, Alanah coolly called out an order to her Frosslass. Quicker than lightning, Frosslass blasted Garchomp with a beam of ice, throwing it back across the field. Alanah smiled and Frosslass spun around, happy with its successful attack.

Slowly, Garchomp pulled itself back to its feet. Behind it, Cynthia was yelling at her Pokémon furiously, angry that her Pokémon had acted without her orders. Garchomp’s smoldering eyes stared down Frosslass, but this time it waited for its trainers command. Gathering herself, Cynthia gave Garchomp an order, while spontaneously Alanah shouted a command to Froslass.

Garchomp's mouth filled with flames and it quickly released the inferno at Frosslass. The column of flame hurtled toward the ice type. Samia could feel the heat from where he sat; if that attack landed it was over, no Ice Pokémon could withstand that.

Frosslass, however, was already acting on its trainers orders. Its body glowed with a bright blue light and it rose into the sky, narrowly avoiding the Flamethrower. Thick clouds began to gather over the stadium, and snow began to fall. Up in the clouds, Frosslass was still illuminated by the blue light, its arms outstretched wide. Garchomp readied another Flamethrower, but before it could fire the light around Frosslass disappeared and hail began to pelt Cynthia's Pokémon.

Samia shivered, he had gone from feeling the heat of the fire attack to the freezing cold of an ice attack. In the crowd, people seemed to share the same feeling, putting their hands under their arms, trying to trap in their rapidly fleeing body heat.

On the battlefield, the two trainers showed no sign of discomfort, standing like statues, issuing out orders to their respective Pokémon. Garchomp began billowing out pillars of flame in all directions, keeping the majority of the hail from reaching it. Opposite it, Frosslass had descended from the clouds. Between its hands, a crackling ball of blue energy could be seen gathering, a sphere of spinning ice, kept in constant motion, fluctuating and pulsating, in constant flux.

Garchomp saw Frosslass, as had Cynthia, so it blasted another Flamethrower toward it. At the same time, Frosslass unleashed its ice attack, smashing the ball into the ground. All around it, ice began to spread, so cold that it froze the oncoming flames in a red-orange crystal. Garchomp cried out to its trainer as the ice trapped its feet, then its legs, then its entire body. Frosslass stopped the attack just before it reached the trainers.

Samia blinked in shock. That was... Sheer Cold? He was sure that Frosslass couldn't learn that move. So if Alanah had somehow taught her Pokémon it, then she must have gone through some intense training, or caught an extremely rare specimen of a Frosslass.

The crowd was silent for a second, looking at the now frozen field, complete with frozen Garchomp. Cynthia called out desperate orders to her Pokémon, but to no avail. Alanah told something to Frosslass, who responded by smashing the ice with its two fists. The ice cracked, spidering out from where Frosslass smashed into the ice. Splinters of ice spiralled off in all directions. Around Garchomp, the ice shattered, falling down with the dragon-type, who was rendered unconscious.

Before Garchomp had even hit the floor, the crowd were cheering, stamping their feet, in general making as much noise as possible. The battle was over, Alanah however, did not celebrate her crowning as champion. She slowly turned her head, her eyes glaring at Samia, unflinchingly, challenging. Cynthia recalled Garchomp and left the stadium silently, her head down, defeated

Samia understood. Slowly, he got off his chair, and walked down the steel stairs toward the arena from his private platform. He took his time, and the stadium fell silent. All eyes were on him, cameras swiveled around to view him, the big screen showing his path toward the arena floor. Samia's eyes, however, saw nothing but Alanah. She may have earned the title of Grand Champion but he didn't care, he didn't want it.

Each step seemed to be dragged out for an age, and the crowd was quiet, with only the odd hushed whisper around the stadium. Samia was going to show Alanah what true Pokémon battling was, how a master truly connects with their Pokémon; how a real champion crushes their opposition, leaving no shadow of a doubt as to who the victor was going to be from the first move. How battling wasn’t about brutality, but about elegance. He would remind her what true battlers were all about!

Out of the tunnel came a red and white sphere, resembling a large Pokéball, brought by several porters wearing identical blue uniforms, trimmed with gold. Into the machine Alanah placed her Pokéballs, and the machine flashed three times before returning them. The healing over with, Alanah walked toward the center of the now ruined arena, which was pockmarked with craters, gouges, burns and blood stains.

In the center, the two cousins met. Face to face they stood, silent, Samia a head taller than his younger relative. Their blue eyes gazed furiously at each other. This was more than a battle, this was personal. This was family. The gaze between the two said more than any words could.

“I hope you’re ready,” he told Alanah. “Because that battle was just a warm up compared to what you’re in for now.”

Sorry for the time it took to get this out, with Uni and work I've had little free time :s
    If I owe anyone a review, it will be done by the end of the week I hope!
    Last edited by some colour no doubt; 7th February 2011 at 10:35 AM.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Here we go--let's see how much of an opponent Alannah will be.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

One issue:
    The crowd was silent for a second, looking at the now frozen field, complete with frozen Garchomp. Cynthia called out desperate orders to her Pokémon, but to know no avail
    Fantastic chapter! I can't wait to see the showdown between Samia and Alanah.

Blog Entries

that was incredible dude! I loved the detail in the battle scenes, it truly gives an idea of how epic it was between Alanah and Cynthia, and how it ended with Cynthia, the champion becoming defeated. I look forward to the next chapter, a face off between Samia and Alanah. Keep up the amazing work!
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Arthur Conan Doyle

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Rainbow_Starworld/index.php?act=idx

Now available in 4D! Flygon 101's Avatar
    In the gorgeous, golden spires of the city Prospillium.
    Blog Entries

Hmmmmm...not bad, not bad. It was great.

This chapter seemed a little shorter than usual, but you do seem busy and it's an appropriate stopping place.

The battle overall was good, not just one person dominating, there was plenty of diversity in the pokemon. Also, I dont like Meganium so I appreciate the gruesome KO (Mwuhahahaha!)

A few side notes:
    It's sort of unfair that Samia knows who Alanah will be using.

Are both Samia and Alanah going to use their 'gift' on Absol and Froslass respectively at the same time?

I prefer Glalie to Froslass.
    I extend my hand to the marvelous authors of this forum. I have read your works and I know that your imagination knows no bounds. Can you help me create a region? I will dedicate the series of fics I intend to use this region for to the gracious people who choose to help me on this audacious task.

So Im asking you once again Bulbagarden - can you help me?

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f512/new-region-help-95004/

Blog Entries

very good battle I cant wait to see who wins and if alanah will use the ability to defeat Samia but I think she will. Cant wait for the next chapter
    Read my fanfic Tales of the Gym leader's and comment if you like or dislike it thanks

A massive thanks to Kyuujux for the amazing banner

Holy crap, have I ever told you that you write amazing battle scenes? Really. You've got some amazing talent here. Suspenseful cliff hanger, too.

The battle between Samia and Alanah oughta be even better than versus Cynthia.

Update as soon as you can!

Thanks to ShinySandshrew of serebiiforums for the banner!

Savage Rain!

The battle scenes are awesome, and the 'Gift' has got me interested.

But I wonder... How would Samia (or anyone in Seasons) do against a Trick Room team?

(Just me being silly. My favorite team to use in competetive battling is T.R. so it just made me curious).

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The next chapter is going to be awesome. I can just tell.

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

Oh sweet! An even better battle than the last one!

And I still agree to what I said before. Alanah is brutal.

Blog Entries

I just want Samia to do something like block Alanah's attempts to connect while his pokemon trashes hers, then finish off with a smirk. It would be so arrogant yet epic at the same time.

Made by Blue Dragon!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

^^
    I don't think you could smirk while blocking a Pokemon's attack with your body. More like scream and pain and then die.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah, quite the epic battle scene, although these past few chapters have been mostly a battle.

Anyway, just found a tiny bit of awkwardness here:

The gaze between the two said more than any words could.

“I hope you’re ready,” he told Alanah. “Because that battle was just a warm up compared to what you’re in for now.”
    You just finished explaining that the gaze between them said everything, but then Samia goes ahead and speaks to Alanah anyway. That set off a small alarm bell in my head, but nothing serious.

Although I'd never make a battle scene this epic, I'd personally redo that as:

The gaze between the two said more than any words could.

It said, I hope you’re ready, because that battle was just a warm up compared to what you’re in for now.
    This might have the effect that both trainers are sending the same message. Which would make sense.

But then again, you might see that as more awkward - it's just a personal thing I saw.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast