TEEN: SAPPHIRE NUZLOKES EMERALD! (WHILE RUBY WATCHES!)

Thread: SAPPHIRE NUZLOKES EMERALD! (WHILE RUBY WATCHES!)

Blog Entries

Default SAPPHIRE NUZLOKES EMERALD! (WHILE RUBY WATCHES!)

Note: Before reading!

This will be a story based on a Nuzlocke I'm doing of Randomized Emerald. It's an experimental project; I don't expect it to turn into anything major. I mostly did this to experiment with character archetypes and see how good a team I can make with limited resources. I made the rules a bit more strict, mostly to encourage me to stick to it.

I should note that my default way of writing involves a lot of comedy and general hamminess. The story shall be told from the perspective of the heroine, who unfortunately, is as hammy and clueless as can be. I like comments, so don't be afraid to give me some advise on how to make it better. And yes, you are supposed to hate the main character.

Nuzlocke Rules!

1) If it faints, it's dead!
    2) I can only catch the first encounter of each route. No exceptions!
    3) No healing items!
    4) I can only have one Pokemon of each type at all times! If I repeat one, I must put it in the PC!
    5) I must promise to adhere to all the rules specified by the Royal Commitee of the Kingdom of Bulbagarden! Anything less means death!

Bonus Rule:

7) All Pokemon must be nicknamed after singers, musicians, composers and anyone who is affiliated with the music industry! All chapters must have the title of a song and I must find a way to squeeze in the title into the actual chapter! Failure to do so (or forgetting) results in having to get rid of one Pokemon! (chosen by the readers) Keep an eye out for the reference and scold me if I neglect to put it in!
    8) I can only catch Pokemon that have not evolved!
    9) I must post a new Chapter every Friday. If I miss a date, I must post two chapters at the same time.
    10) SMILES GO FOR MILES! At times of extreme sorrow, I must never ever show weakness! I must remain giddy! I must stay in-character at all times following this sentence!

Prologue - Slow and Steady

Coming soon in Chapter 1: Our starter and new best friend!
    Last edited by Sapphire; 8th January 2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: The title was a bit too long for my taste.
    My mom's Puerto Rican. That's why I'm so lively and colorful.