Remember the Name!

Thread: Remember the Name!

Default Remember the Name!

Remember the Name!
    Remember the Name was created about five months ago, as my first fic on the forums. It was pretty good, getting some good reviews from everybody’s favorite fic reviewer, FlamingRuby. It was about a boy named Johnny and a girl named Rose who traveled across a fake region and used a combination of real Pokémon and Fakemon. It made it to eight chapters until I finally quit making it and began to focus on other ideas. Now, it is time to begin the fic again and finish the story up for good. Now, as you begin to read the story, please take note that if you are not a fan of Fakemon or fake regions, leave now. If not, then I hope you enjoy Remember the Name!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Table of Contents
    Prologue: Colossus of a Journey
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROLOGUE: COLOSSUS OF A JOURNEY

The ground began to rumble as the forest was in sudden chaos. The traveler was overthrown and fell to the rock-hard path, startled from what had been going on. He had just been traveling to get some wares from the local pharmacy, but now that this had happened, he just wanted to get home!

It was unknown what the cause of the sudden quake was, but the man just jumped into the air and took a risk. “It’s time to get out of here!” He yelled at the top of his lungs as the area he left behind began to crack. He had brown hair that conflicted between a dark brown and light brown color, wore a white school uniform, and had a puppet-like nose that went well with his tanned skin. He then landed from his flight and sighed with relief, with the only downside being that creatures were coming out of the cracks.

“Aw crap!” He yelled as the creatures lunged at him. They were colored in an ivy green color, with brown wings and bird-like feet, flying in the air at about three feet high. “Gaki!” The creatures yelled together with perfect time, ready to attack the traveler. “Off me!” The boy screamed as he quickly avoided the beasts, making sure they didn’t hit him with their sharp beaks. He kept them off his back until he was out of the forest, running to an apartment in front of it. “See ya, suckers!” He yelled back at the creatures as they sulked, running back to the forest in disgrace. The boy then ran into the apartment, muttering to himself: “Avoid the forest next time I go to the pharmacy!”

“Back so soon, Johnny?” A beautiful woman with blonde hair tied in a ponytail and pink apron attached to her waist called to the boy. Her sparkling blue eyes stared at wall as her beautiful smile glanced at the tiles on the floor. The traveler then dropped the bag of medicine on the counter as he sat down in a brown chair. His name was Johnny Kyo, a simple boy who went to high school and did his chores. His family was middle-class, like most families in his town, and he had nothing different from the other kids. Or so people would think of him!

It turns out that Johnny attracted Pokémon for some reason, with the attracted creatures always attacking him because of it. To be a Pokémon trainer would be suicide if he attempted it. So he just decided to use his education for good and not ruin it by being a Pokémon trainer. Though it would be fun to do it…..

“Yeah mom, I’m here,” he responded quickly, getting ready to see what he would get for dinner tonight. He was hoping it would be remotely edible.

“You get attacked?” She wondered as she cooked a meal, steaming hot at the best.

“Yeah,” he responded. “A ton of Gaki emerged from the ground and suddenly attacked me. It was one of those occurrences that happens right when you’re walking in a forest. Take the story of the Big Bad Wolf for instance.”

“You are right on that,” his mom responded with a slight stammer in her voice. “Little Red Riding Hood was all alone, and then the wolf just happened to sneak up on the little girl. Then things just happened to get unspeakable…..”

Johnny began to walk up to his room. “What if I was a trainer?” He asked as he quickly stepped up the stairs, stopping about halfway.

“Never speak of that!” Johnny’s mom shrieked as she got a gigantic pan. “If you don’t want to be hit in the head by this pan, then go to your room!”

“Fine, mom!” Johnny yelled back as he ran up to his room, with a glint in his eyes. “I’ll see ya tomorrow morning….”

Johnny was now wearing a pair of black shades and was carrying a bag of his rations, ready to go fight off all the trainers he could see. He wasn’t going to let the confines of Shinkai hold him back from his dream, even if he could get killed by a ravaging Pokémon. He got ready to board the train that he was in front of, with its steaming engine nearly blinding his eyes. He was ready to get on and leave to go on his journey.

“Time to do this,” he began to say as he turned back at his apartment. “I have no regrets. And if I die, let’s just say that Pokémon killed me.”

The train had begun to twist around about one hour after Johnny had boarded it. It seemed like the train would crash, but Johnny had to get that thought out of his head and just continued on with his journey, content with what would happen.

The rails soon began to shake as Johnny listened to his IPod, learning about what a trainer does. After that, he would watch a video of a battle to see if he was really ready to battle during his journey.

“The things that these trainers do are amazing,” he muttered to himself as he learned about battling. “They can tame these Pokémon to do amazing things, and then they still stick with them when they’re hurt. Wow!”

A conductor soon walked up to him and talked to him. “Sir, are you aware of the incoming crash?” He questioned him with his eyes moving all around the room.

“Say what?” Johnny answered back to the conductor, with his eyes returning to the IPod, fixated onto the screen.

“I said there’s gonna be a crash!” The conductor scowled and yelled at Johnny. His light-skinned face was soon turning red as his once smiling mouth soon turned into one of the most despicable frowns ever.

“What?!” Johnny yelled back at the angry man.

But after all the arguing, the train still crashed and Johnny rolled out of the train. He nearly got a concussion, and he rolled into a nearby forest, with the conductor watching him the whole time. He was smiling now.

“You got what you deserved,” the conductor explained to Johnny, who wasn’t even listening. “You didn’t pay attention, and then you met your downfall!”

Johnny was wandering around in the forest, carrying around his supplies while fending off wild Pokémon, when a gigantic beast emerged from a boulder. It resembled a serpent, although it was completely made out of rock. It had wandering eyes and a gigantic mouth, with it’s size towering over Johnny by at least fifty feet. The beast then lunged at Johnny as the young man quickly avoided the beast, wondering what it was.

“What is this thing?!” He screamed as the beast swung it’s tail at him, sending him flying a few feet away from it. Johnny then opened a book he was carrying with him entitled Cryptids: The Mysterious Creatures we call Pokémon. He then opened it and flipped to a page that had the name of the beast, along with a picture and a box of text. He then read this excerpt:

Onix: Serpent of the Rocks
    They say that back in the times of Arceus that there was a rock that was in the middle of the Hall of Origin, right in front of Arceus’ standing post. Sick and tired of the rock blocking its view, Arceus smashed the rock and from its remains came a lifeless serpent that looked like Onix. Taking pity on the rock for the supposed ‘pain’ it endured, Arceus endowed life within the creature and made a partner for it from the rim of its tail, allowing them to reproduce as much as they like.

With new knowledge in his head, Johnny soon devised a plan to get past the creature. But before he attempted the plan, Johnny quickly analyzed the beast. It looked like it had no weaknesses, but he couldn’t be sure. But as he looked at the beast, he remembered the passage in the book. The Onix got its tail cut, so the tail must be its weak spot. Grabbing a bottle of water, Johnny ran towards the beast and got ready to pour the water on its tail.

“Take this, you mammoth!” He yelled at it as he dumped the water on the tail, leaving the defenseless Onix to roll around in agony and pain. Johnny wasn’t sure if the creature would strike back, but at least he could rest for a few moments.

“Onix!” It yelled at Johnny as it shrugged of the pain and soon struck the young man, reducing his once nice clothes into rags. Johnny’s innocent black eyes started to fade, as his sense of stay awaking was falling numb.

“Wanna play tough, you beast?” He questioned it as he began to charge at it again. “Then take this, monster!” Johnny soon began punching at the beast’s rock hard skin, with damage barely coming into the beast.

“On-ix!” The massive serpent soon jumped into the air and got ready to slam into Johnny, as the boy soon began to pray for his safety. But Onix was then stopped in the air as Johnny heard footsteps echoing in the distance. He was ready to be saved, especially now that he was nearly dead because of a deadly serpent attacking him constantly. He didn’t want the help, he needed the help.

“Heel, boy!” A woman in a red suit yelled at the Onix, as the titan was transfixed inside a twirling circle surrounding it. The girl had red hair that was formed to be in spikes, while she had a soft and innocent face. She was wielding a top as well, which Johnny deduced to be the source of the twirling circle that had trapped the Onix. “So what’s your name?” She asked Johnny, temporarily giving her attention to the tattered-up boy. Johnny eyes were moving around the forest, bloodshot from all the events that he had endured in the day.

“Johnny,” he responded nervously as the girl soon diverted her eyes to the Onix again. The serpent, formed out of rock, had a stare that shivered down the girl’s spine. Johnny knew that if she was going to ask for help, she would need a full name to respond. “Johnny Kyo, if you want the full name.”

“That’s fine,” she responded as the Onix soon fell to the ground in defeat. “My name is Rangiku Madoka. Pokémon Ranger, in training of course. And I’m the one who just saved your life from one of the most deadly beasts in this world.”

Johnny soon fainted, too tired from all the attacks that the Onix had hit him with to get up. Rangiku soon ran back to him, tending to Johnny’s wounds as he soon fell unconscious, with the Onix soon getting up to fight again. “Oh boy,” Rangiku commented as Johnny began to lose his breath, with his the pupils in his eyes soon closing in.

Hello everybody. I'm Stoc15, the creator of this fic. I'd just like to say that it will be a few days for the next chapter to come, even though I have 15 viewers who haven't posted here. I'm sorry if I am doing this, but I just want to test this fic out.

Stoc15,
    out.

Whoa. This is really dead. Anyway, just check out if you want. Sorry for the triple-post.

Stoc15,
    out.

My Fics

Remember the Name. Banner by Metamence!

TUC. Banner by me!
    Claims
    http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee338/YolkManZ/guesswhp.png

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's been THREE DAYS. If that's your definition of "dead"...

Not to mention you're coming across as begging for reviews.